The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6CW Proving Grounds Friday 23rd April 2021

4 posters

Go down

6CW Proving Grounds Friday 23rd April 2021 Empty 6CW Proving Grounds Friday 23rd April 2021

Post by JJJohnson Fri 16 Apr 2021, 3:55 am

Confirmed matches:

GazzyD vs Uryu Ishida

Revolution vs The Empire vs The Parasite Killers - #1 Contenders (Tag Titles)

The Wolf Gang (Robin Reborn/Ojore) vs Drake/Jack Hurst

Jimmy Phillips vs Liam Wood vs Mike Masters vs The Saint - (Gateway to Glory Exhibition)

Cameron Faith vs Ethan Shaw vs Geoff Steel vs Jackson Jackson - (Gateway to Glory Exhibition)

*Plus much, much more

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

6CW Proving Grounds Friday 23rd April 2021 Empty Re: 6CW Proving Grounds Friday 23rd April 2021

Post by Uryu Ishida Fri 16 Apr 2021, 12:00 pm

Uryu is seen entering the arena as Tim Allen walks towards him in a hurry. Uryu looking at him concerned.

TA: Uryu, not the greatest time I know but are you ready for your match tonight?

Uryu looks around and quietly asks for the mic which Tim hands him.

UI: Have you ever tried to do the right thing all the time? Have you ever had it blown up in your face? With the best of intentions I have lived my life and now....now I have to do the right thing once again and beat some sense into GazzyD, a man who as a man, I lost respect for last week. As a wrestler, theres still some respect there...yet this match...is about him failing to be a man. A man who is putting his career above his wife. Who is not accepting any blame for mistakes he made or chances he could have taken in regards to Christy. As a man I took on challenging Ethan whilst he was backstage complaining. If I were him I would have INSTANTLY accepted the challenge and beat Ethan from pillar to post. Yet he talks about lawyers and taking cheap exits to matches. Gazzy, did you honestly think I would fight you in that situation with Ethan matching? I was prepared to lay down and let you pin me but no, your anger and ego got in the way and you had to take it out on the one person trying to help...

Tim tries to intervene but Uryu grips the mic in anger.

UI: ...Sorry but now I and many others see what kind of man you are Gazzy. I want you to understand that all through my years I have been a gentleman to everyone I have met. Yet when we are in the ring this week, screw being gentle I am planning on beating down someone who can only be called a politiking coward!

Uryu goes to leave but stops himself and looks at the camera.

UI: Christy, I have to do this to your husband and for that, I apologise to you. He needs his head sorting out.

Uryu walks away, forcefully passing Tim back the mic who looks concerned.

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

6CW Proving Grounds Friday 23rd April 2021 Empty Re: 6CW Proving Grounds Friday 23rd April 2021

Post by Steel Thu 22 Apr 2021, 6:45 pm

Last Resort resonates around the empty arena as Geoff Steel makes his entrance to centre stage, he wastes little time in making his way down the entrance ramp before rolling into the ring. He is tossed a microphone from ringside which he catches easily.

GS: it seems overestimated how long it would take me to rid myself of the Wolfpack, they showed just how close a bond they truly had by turning on one another when the going got together, hopefully now they stick to picking each other apart and leave the rest of us to get on with the real business. If any of them ever feel like poking their head above the parapet and coming back for round 2 just know I’ll be ready and be there to put you guys back in your box.

Steel starts to pace the ring

GS: Opportunities come fast though it seems and I have yet another shot of forcing my way into contention for a title at Night of Glory. All be it with probably the slimiest of chances by having to beat 29 other men and winning the Gateway to Glory. It’s a slim chance at best even more so than the elimination chamber, for that you needed eyes in the back of your head, to win the Gateway to Glory you need eyes facing every direction, it’s a lottery you’ve got to hope your numbers up last to give you the best shot at victory, since I’ve been back I’d say I’ve had little to no luck so I’d expect i will be up first and have to go the full distance. It’s a spectacle a highlight match everybody in this industry wants to win during their career, could this be my time is what I’m considering as will every other man and his dog backstage.

Steel stops and looks up at a sign for Night of Glory.

GS: That’s what it’s about though the chance to headline Night of Glory, it was supposed to happen many a year ago but the wrestling gods are cruel sometimes, not only did they take away my title but the moment everyone dreams off the pinnacle of our industry, maybe it was all in their plan though and they put me through that pain to make this moment that much more sweeter. The journey too that starts this week by showing showing everybody how much this means to me and winning the showcase.

Last Resort then begins to play once more as Steel lowers the microphone.

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Thu 22 Apr 2021, 8:55 pm

The camera cuts to backstage and we see Timothy Allen stood, microphone in hand.

TA: Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time: The Saint!

The camera zooms out to show The Saint stood with the interviewer. The veteran stands, wearing a tracksuit, his eyes covered by the aviator sunglasses that he wore as standard back in the days of 6WF.

TA: Saint, at the last Proving Grounds, you made your triumphant return to a wrestling ring. Describe that feeling for me and those watching at home.

The Saint looks at Allen and slowly removes his sunglasses. He continues to look at the interviewer and them breaks into a smile.

TS: Like I'd never been away...

See, it took a lot of soul searching, a lot of tooing and froing before I committed to making a come back. I had to be sure, completely certain that I'd still be able to deliver like I did all those years ago. See, I'm not just doing this for me anymore. I've got a wife and a family at home, people who count on me, people who depend on me.

But at the tail end of last year, I caught an episode of Proving Grounds. Up until then, I hadn't got the desire to do it all over again. I didn't care for putting myself through the physical ringer all over again. I was sat there watching, more out of curiosity than anything and my oldest son looked at me and said one thing that changed everything. He turned to me and said "I wish I could have seen you wrestle, Daddy".

And that was it, for the first time in years, I was overcome by this fire, this insatiable hunger that I hadn't felt for a long time. I felt renewed, reborn, ready for one last run!

Fast forward to last week. I was buzzing, electrified, ready to go like it was my debut all over again. I made my kids a promise that they'd see their old man main event 6CW, I made them a promise that I'd go into that Gateway to Glory match and roll the years back! I've got myself into the best shape I've been in for years for this and it meant the world to me to show the roster in the back and the people at home that The Saint can still go!! Mike Masters spent a lot of time running his mouth off about me, just like others in the back.

I showed them one thing that doesn't bode well for this company on the road to the Gateway.

Don't.
Write.
Me.
Off.

TA: And what of Jimmy Phillips? He made quite the statement at the end of the main event by laying you out?

The Saint smiles wryly.

TS: Yep, Jimmy got one over me there. He made a real bold statement attacking a man on the sly. It was a real show of balls wasn't it?!

I'll let you keep that Jimmy, you can have that as a souvenir. Next time though, you won't be as lucky. Your barking up the wrong tree this time around, you've taken one swing too many.

Surely you wouldn't be so stupid to do it again?!

I'll tell you this though, plain and clearly so you understand.

Sucker punch me like that again and I won't be held responsible for my actions. You, just like Mike Masters, just like Liam Wood, will be Sainted...

The Saint looks into the camera, deadly serious.

TS: And that's a damned promise!

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down