The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormers v British & Irish Lions - 17/7/21 - 17:00 ko.

+24
Duty281
BigGee
mikey_dragon
Cyril
cb
Dirtydave
Heuer27
jimbopip
doctor_grey
formerly known as Sam
RDW
lostinwales
Poorfour
TJ
LordDowlais
takethelongroad
George Carlin
flyhalffactory
geoff999rugby
Old Man
BamBam
MichaelT
No 7&1/2
TightHEAD
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Stormers v British & Irish Lions - 17/7/21 - 17:00 ko. - Page 2 Empty Stormers v British & Irish Lions - 17/7/21 - 17:00 ko.

Post by TightHEAD Thu 15 Jul 2021, 11:41 am

First topic message reminder :

Smith Starts at 10

DHL STORMERS v THE BRITISH & IRISH LIONS

Stuart Hogg – captain (Exeter Chiefs, Scotland) #783
Josh Adams (Cardiff Rugby, Wales) #836
Elliot Daly (Saracens, England) #822
Robbie Henshaw (Leinster Rugby, Ireland) #824
Duhan van der Merwe (Worcester Warriors, Scotland) #841
Marcus Smith (Harlequins, England)
Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors, Scotland) #843
Rory Sutherland (Worcester Warriors, Scotland) #840
Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, England) #851
Tadhg Furlong (Leinster Rugby, Ireland) #818
Adam Beard (Ospreys, Wales) #852
Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs, England) #845
Tadhg Beirne (Munster Rugby, Ireland) #838
Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby, Scotland) #847
Jack Conan (Leinster Rugby, Ireland) #839

Replacements:

Jamie George (Saracens, England) #819
Mako Vunipola (Saracens, England) #787
Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors, Scotland) #848
Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys, Wales) #761
Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs, England) #849
Gareth Davies (Scarlets, Wales) #850
Chris Harris (Gloucester Rugby, Scotland) #844
Louis Rees-Zammit (Gloucester Rugby, Wales) #846

Stormers

15 Sergeal Petersen, 14 Seabelo Senatla, 13 Rikus Pretorius, 12 Dan du Plessis, 11 Edwill van der Merwe, 10 Tim Swiel, 9 Godlen Masimla, 8 Evan Roos, 7 Johan du Toit, 6 Nama Xaba, 5 JD Schickerling, 4 Ernst van Rhyn (captain), 3 Neethling Fouche, 2 JJ Kotze, 1 Leon Lyons

Substitutes (from): 16 Andre-Hugo Venter, 17 Kwenzo Blose, 18 Sazi Sandi, 19 Justin Basson, 20 Marcel Theunissen, 21 Thomas Bursey, 22 Abner van Reenen, 23 Juan de Jongh, 24 Lee-Marvin Mazibuko, 25 Niel Otto, 26 Leolin Zas, 27 Cornel Smit

Saturday 17 July 2021

Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town

Kick-off: 5pm (BST)

Last edited by TightHEAD on Fri 16 Jul 2021, 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Stormers v British & Irish Lions - 17/7/21 - 17:00 ko. - Page 2 Empty Re: Stormers v British & Irish Lions - 17/7/21 - 17:00 ko.

Post by Heuer27 Fri 16 Jul 2021, 6:42 pm

The second row is crying out for a Jonny Gray type of player who just tackles and hits rucks to death. Not fancied by the head coach but possibly a mistake not taking him and seemingly concentrating on line out jumpers.

Heuer27

Back to top Go down

Stormers v British & Irish Lions - 17/7/21 - 17:00 ko. - Page 2 Empty Re: Stormers v British & Irish Lions - 17/7/21 - 17:00 ko.

Post by Dirtydave Fri 16 Jul 2021, 7:42 pm

Heuer27 wrote:The second row is crying out for a Jonny Gray type of player who just tackles and hits rucks to death. Not fancied by the head coach but possibly a mistake not taking him and seemingly concentrating on line out jumpers.

I was screaming Greys praises 4 years ago too, such an underrated player imho

Dirtydave

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydave Fri 16 Jul 2021, 7:45 pm

Lock wise, none have been good, Itoje, Henderson and Beard weren't physically dominated, but all came off second best. Beards a great swimmer come maul defence, that may be the difference between no place and bench spot imo

Dirtydave

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuer27 Fri 16 Jul 2021, 7:58 pm

Warren Gatland has openly said that he doesn’t fancy players like Gray because they don’t bring an X factor. He wants game breakers in every position but it hasn’t worked out so far.
James Ryan is another one who would have excelled I think.
I have been disappointed but not surprised by Jonny Hill. Neither he nor Itoje shined in the 6 N and tbh although Itoje has got better he has not really hit top form on tour. I never thought Hill would , he’s still very green at this level.

Last edited by Heuer27 on Fri 16 Jul 2021, 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

Heuer27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Jul 2021, 8:04 pm

Hang on, is this the same Itoje that many posters had as the ‘first name on the test teamsheet’ prior to the tour?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuer27 Fri 16 Jul 2021, 8:08 pm

Would appear to be. Not my first name though. Thought he was bang average this year. From a hazy memory I think most of his opponents in the 6 N outplayed him.

Heuer27

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 16 Jul 2021, 8:19 pm

George Carlin wrote:Second thought: is this the first tour in recent memory where we have a number of excellent players but very few genuinely world class ones?

I don't recall a previous tour where so few of the first test starters seemed to be nailed down. Some people will say that's a good thing - I just can't get my head around whether I agree or whether it's very worrying indeed.

to me its because we have so many good / world class players

Any of the front rows would do a good job - even vunipola played better in the last game

Back row its the same. Its about who complements who and what the game plan is. Back 3 ditto

The only places we are stuggling is centres and 2nd row. so in some positions too much choice making selection tricky, in others its a bit scratching around

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by cb Fri 16 Jul 2021, 8:30 pm

I thought Itoje played OK on Wednesday and Beard has performed second best of the other locks.

Beirne has been a bit anonymous considering he was one of the very best players in the 6N's.  Faletau has also been quiet but he is a bit like that for Bath - seems more prominent at test level.

Backrow - it would be nice to see Curry and Watson together if that is possible.

cb

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuer27 Fri 16 Jul 2021, 8:43 pm

TJ wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Second thought: is this the first tour in recent memory where we have a number of excellent players but very few genuinely world class ones?

I don't recall a previous tour where so few of the first test starters seemed to be nailed down. Some people will say that's a good thing - I just can't get my head around whether I agree or whether it's very worrying indeed.

Any of the front rows would do a good job - even vunipola played better in the last game

Back row its the same.  Its about who complements who and what the game plan is.  Back 3 ditto

The only places we are stuggling is centres and 2nd row.  so in some positions too much choice making selection tricky, in others its a bit scratching around

Assuming a 6-2 bench.

If Henshaw comes through tomorrow fine and has a run out with Harris at some point, I suspect they will be the test pairing.

Second row is really last man standing again if AWJ plays well enough, I can see him starting with Itoje. Lawes and Beard on the bench covering 2nd and back row.

ATM I would have a BR of Beirne, Watson and Simmons with Curry on the bench covering 6,7,8.

Think the front row will be the Sutherland, George, Furlong group with Jones, LCD and Sinkler the backups.

Half backs seem to be aligning themselves as Price and Biggar with Murray on the sideline.

Back three of Adams, Hogg and Watson. With Daly covering back three, centre and 10 at a push. Hogg more likely to slip in at 10 for me.

If it’s a 5-3 split then Beard drops out and Farrell comes in. Just don’t think Gatland is brave enough to throw Smith in at this stage. Russell would oust Farrell if he was fit.

Heuer27

takethelongroad likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Fri 16 Jul 2021, 9:41 pm

Heuer27 wrote:
TJ wrote:

Back row its the same.  Its about who complements who and what the game plan is.  Back 3 ditto

The only places we are stuggling is centres and 2nd row.  so in some positions too much choice making selection tricky, in others its a bit scratching around

Assuming a 6-2 bench.

If Henshaw comes through tomorrow fine and has a run out with Harris at some point, I suspect they will be the test pairing.

Second row is really last man standing again if AWJ plays well enough, I can see him starting with Itoje. Lawes and Beard on the bench covering 2nd and back row.

ATM I would have a BR of Beirne, Watson and Simmons with Curry on the bench covering 6,7,8.

Think the front row will be the Sutherland, George, Furlong group with Jones, LCD and Sinkler the backups.

Half backs seem to be aligning themselves as Price and Biggar with Murray on the sideline.

Back three of Adams, Hogg and Watson. With Daly covering back three, centre and 10 at a push. Hogg more likely to slip in at 10 for me.

If it’s a 5-3 split then Beard drops out and Farrell comes in. Just don’t think Gatland is brave enough to throw Smith in at this stage. Russell would oust Farrell if he was fit.
That's pretty damn spot on. Good post

I think he may go Ken Owens for the bench at least. Could be a 5/3 bench with Beard covering lock, Curry covering BR, Murray 9, Daly to cover 12/13/15, Sanjay to cover wing/FB
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 16 Jul 2021, 9:50 pm

It’s a pretty poor tour with shattered players from both sides. Given Covid etc it’s a miracle it’s going ahead at all. When you consider the likes of Harris and Sutherland actually make the squad itself you know that it’s not vintage.

Fair play if they get all the tests finished. That will be some feat.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuer27 Fri 16 Jul 2021, 9:53 pm

Wouldn’t be opposed to Owens. Think all three hookers have been good.
AWJ is a gamble and think he would want double cover for both 2nd and back row as the tests are going to be ferocious specifically at the breakdowns. That’s why I suspect he will go 6-2. Having Lawes there would cover the back five as well as Curry covering the back row.
Sanjay won’t be back in time due to head injury protocols. Next Wednesday earliest for him back to full training.

Last edited by Heuer27 on Sat 17 Jul 2021, 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Heuer27

flyhalffactory likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 16 Jul 2021, 10:09 pm

Cyril wrote:It’s a pretty poor tour with shattered players from both sides. Given Covid etc it’s a miracle it’s going ahead at all. When you consider the likes of Harris and Sutherland actually make the squad itself you know that it’s not vintage.
Let's take that acid comment to its logical conclusion - presumably it says even more about the players in these positions who did not even make the squad?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Fri 16 Jul 2021, 10:20 pm

Heuer27 wrote:Wouldn’t be opposed to Owens. Think all three hookers have been good.
AWJ is a gamble and think he would want double cover for both 2nd and back row as the tests are going to be ferocious especially at the breakdowns. That’s why I suspect he will go 6-2. Having Lawes there would cover the back five as well as Curry covering the back row.
Sanjay won’t be back in time due to head injury protocols. Next Wednesday earliest for him back to full training.

Aaaah yes forgot about Sanjays HIA, thanks for the reminder. So good call to have Daly covering 11-15.
It's going to interesting if Duan has a blinder on Saturday
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuer27 Sat 17 Jul 2021, 6:14 am

flyhalffactory wrote:
Heuer27 wrote:Wouldn’t be opposed to Owens. Think all three hookers have been good.
AWJ is a gamble and think he would want double cover for both 2nd and back row as the tests are going to be ferocious especially at the breakdowns. That’s why I suspect he will go 6-2. Having Lawes there would cover the back five as well as Curry covering the back row.

Aaaah yes forgot about Sanjays HIA, thanks for the reminder. So good call to have Daly covering 11-15.

Yes it will be tough on VDM if that happens. He’s just not versatile enough to have a bench spot. For me he either starts or has to watch from the stand. I chose that back three due to the amount n kicks SA threw up on Wednesday. Can’t see them changing tack much for the tests. I’m not sure his kick defence is in the same league as those I’ve chosen. If I had to drop anyone it would be Watson for him.
Got a feeling Hogg is going to pull the pin today to nail a test shirt.

Heuer27

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 17 Jul 2021, 10:33 am

Apart from the nationality thing I do think we tend to compare performances on the pitch to the idealised form of the players not playing.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

BamBam and takethelongroad like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 17 Jul 2021, 10:42 am

flyhalffactory wrote:Aaaah yes forgot about Sanjays HIA, thanks for the reminder. So good call to have Daly covering 11-15.
Daly already stepped in a 9, so why not use him to cover 9-15 so we can go to a 6-1 split?

That's just a joke, but to me, shows the benefit of having him on the bench and not in the starting lineup.  Probably the most adaptable of any of the backs. To be fair, he has played a pretty good 13 with the Lions.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 17 Jul 2021, 10:54 am

Morning Peeps Smile

First the bad news; from Toonie's latest comments they are very pessimistic about Dancer's chances of making the First Test. It seems he has a "Mild Achilles strain", and the Second Test looks like the earliest for him. Given that there are, nominally, three 10's out there you have to wonder why they are keeping Dancer rather than sending him home. Except...Farrell has been very poor, Biggar ma, or may not, be carrying a shoulder injury and Marcus Smith may go into catatonic shock at the sight of five angry Boks bearing down on him from minute one to 80.

Against the Boks A+, I thought both wingers stayed pretty much on their touchline for most of the game. This meant that if the fat boys had tied the Boks defence in by taking the ball up a few times before it went to Aki and Harris then the Boks Blitz defence wee able to flood the 12-13 channels and the ball seldom got beyond Harris. The old North-South before East-West dictum.. One way to counter this is to have one, or both, of your wingers coming inside looking for work as they say. VDM has been doing this to good effect, very good effect, whereas LRZ has been staying as wide as possible. If our back row isn't getting to punch holes, or even just hold the Boks forwards at the gain line then we will struggle to get round their Blitz. VDM has that almost unique skill set where he can step his man in heavy traffic but also can plough through tackles and lay the ball back. If we play a 9 who can generate quick ball from this, and a 10 who can "play what's in front of him" we could neutralise their Blitz.
I agree that Aldi Price and Biggar are the best options at half back but if we have Murray-No Arms on the bench it means that we have an option to close down the game and exert control if we are leading going into the final quarter. However, if we need to up the tempo and take the game to them then Davies-Smith would be the best option. So we're looking at a novice 10 (in international terms) to turn the game in the last quarter against the Boks picard

jimbopip

flyhalffactory and takethelongroad like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 17 Jul 2021, 11:45 am

jimbopip wrote:Morning Peeps Smile

First the bad news; from Toonie's latest comments they are very pessimistic about Dancer's chances of making the First Test. It seems he has a "Mild Achilles strain", and the Second Test looks like the earliest for him.  Given that there are, nominally, three 10's out there you have to wonder why they are keeping Dancer rather than sending him home. Except...Farrell has been very poor, Biggar ma, or may not, be carrying a shoulder injury and Marcus Smith may go into catatonic shock at the sight of five angry Boks bearing down on him from minute one to 80.

Against the Boks A+, I thought both wingers stayed pretty much on their touchline for most of the game. This meant that if the fat boys had tied the Boks defence in by taking the ball up a few times before it went to Aki and Harris then the Boks Blitz defence wee able to flood the 12-13 channels and the ball seldom got beyond Harris. The old North-South before East-West dictum.. One way to counter this is to have one, or both, of your wingers coming inside looking for work as they say. VDM has been doing this to good effect, very good effect, whereas LRZ has been staying as wide as possible. If our back row isn't getting to punch holes, or even just hold the Boks forwards at the gain line then we will struggle to get round their Blitz. VDM has that almost unique skill set where he can step his man in heavy traffic but also can plough through tackles and lay the ball back. If we play a 9 who can generate quick ball from this, and a 10 who can "play what's in front of him" we could neutralise their Blitz.
I agree that Aldi Price and Biggar are the best options at half back but if we have Murray-No Arms on the bench it means that we have an option to close down the game and exert control if we are leading going into the final quarter. However, if we need to up the tempo and take the game to them then Davies-Smith would be the best option. So we're looking at a novice 10 (in international terms) to turn the game in the last quarter against the Boks  picard
Lot's o comments here about our backs.
Regarding Smith, everything revolves around how he does today, which is real pressure on the lad. But he has played for Quins as a raw 18 year old and was unfazed (whether he was actually sh!tting in his pants is another thing, but he didn't show it). Also played this season against Sale Sharks and their angry SA contingent (plus Curry) and was also fine. I have a sneaking suspicion, granted based on his performance in the Premiership run in and playoffs, if the game plan suits him well enough and he gets reasonably fast service from the 9, he will do fine.
Aki on the other hand seems to me to bring very little. He looks like he should be that good hard runner, but seems to go down faster than a £20 cathouse worker.
Murray's service has been plodding, so say the least. Wonder why Davies has not been consistent. Seems a shame Gatland didn't bring the best 9 in the Premiership to play with the best 10 in the Premiership (this season). Puts more pressure on Ali Price to play fast and listen to the 10s. Absolutely agree speed of play also neutralises a blitz, perhaps better than trying to kick behind it all the time. Certainly need a wing who runs towards midfield looking for work. That leaves LRZ out of things for this series. All this makes today fascinating.

doctor_grey

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 17 Jul 2021, 11:54 am

Who is No Arms?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Sat 17 Jul 2021, 12:08 pm

It’s a huge game for Smith, no doubt, especially since all the other fly halves are carrying knocks of some sort. But if there’s anyone who can - it’s him.

Rugby World has a very nice little interview with Sean Long about him - Sean Long on Marcus Smith

The key thing for me is that the Lions need to find more creativity in attack. The pack is going OK and the challenge there is to find the right combinations from a group of players who are all in pretty good form, but the back line didn’t get firing against South Africa A.

It looks to me that the speed and discipline of the Bok blitz is not going be unlocked with a rigid, phase play strategy - absent a Manu or a fully fit Billy V, the Lions don’t have a close quarters battering ram to get them front foot ball and create the chance to go wide. So you need someone at 10 or 12 who can keep the defence guessing and exploit the space behind them.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 17 Jul 2021, 12:14 pm

Cyril wrote:Who is No Arms?
Stormers v British & Irish Lions - 17/7/21 - 17:00 ko. - Page 2 Farrel10
Stormers v British & Irish Lions - 17/7/21 - 17:00 ko. - Page 2 Farrel11
Stormers v British & Irish Lions - 17/7/21 - 17:00 ko. - Page 2 Farrel12
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 17 Jul 2021, 12:23 pm

I think that we're wringing hands a little too much here.

We're back against a provincial side without their stars, everyone is smarting after the defeat, players desperately want a test shirt and everyone will have been fed to the teeth with the coaches sledging each other in the press. This will be a posterior booting and another cricket score.

The problem then is how you assess the relative value of the performances. I think that Gats will give his test 23 (however many of them there are in this 23) 40 minutes and then yank them to stop them getting injured, unless they are looking really rusty. Quite a few players could be in that position.

A particular problem is going to be if Smith gets front foot ball all game (which he will) and ends up looking amazing against the Stormers Ladies Second XV. This will lead to a dozen lazy press articles about how he is the messiah and must start the first test. Won't change Gatland's mind at all about whom he chooses but I cannot be arsed reading all of that sort of nonsense over the next week. Gatland clearly feels he needs Russell on the bench or he would have been sent home right now.

I do hope that Jonny Sexton is taking his summer break in the same timezone as Cape Town.

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 17 Jul 2021, 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 17 Jul 2021, 12:44 pm

George Carlin wrote:I think that we're wringing hands a little too much here.

We're back against a provincial side without their stars, everyone is smarting after the defeat, players desperately want a test shirt and everyone will have been fed to the teeth with the coaches sledging each other in the press. This will be a posterior booting and another cricket score.

The problem then is how you assess the relative value of the performances. I think that Gats will give his test 23 (however many of them there are in this 23) 40 minutes and then yank them to stop them getting injured, unless they are looking really rusty. Quite a few players could be in that position.

A particular problem is going to be if Smith gets front foot ball all game (which he will) and ends up looking amazing against the Stormers Ladies Second XV. This will lead to a dozen lazy press articles about how he is the messiah and must start the first test. Won't change Gatland's mind at all about whom he chooses but I cannot be arsed reading all of that sort of nonsense over the next week. Gatland clearly feels he needs Russell on the bench or he would have been sent home right now.

I do hope that Jonny Sexton is taking his summer break in the same timezone as Cape Town.
How do you get someone wrapped in bubble wrap into an airline seat and then through customs and immigration?

p.s. Smith is playing for a bench spot unless everyone else is horrible (doubtful) or gets knocked.

Last edited by doctor_grey on Sat 17 Jul 2021, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 17 Jul 2021, 12:46 pm

We've already got that for Biggar.

No 7&1/2

BamBam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Sat 17 Jul 2021, 1:51 pm

Bulls just beat a lacklustre poor SA A

17-14, Johan Goosen the creator of two beautiful tries for the Bulls, upshowing Elton Jantjies completely.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 17 Jul 2021, 2:44 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:

We've already got that for Biggar.

And Adams

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 17 Jul 2021, 3:22 pm

Old Man wrote:Bulls just beat a lacklustre poor SA A

17-14, Johan Goosen the creator of two beautiful tries for the Bulls, upshowing Elton Jantjies completely.

Goosen is a classy player. Now he's back in SA I thought he'd be a fairly logical pick for the 22 shirt. Definitely someone you could bring on in a couple of different positions of you wanted to change things up.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Sat 17 Jul 2021, 3:50 pm

He looked lethal, I do hope Rassie considers him instead of Jantjies, but so ehow I doubt that. Jantjies has never been great and are yet always there

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydave Sat 17 Jul 2021, 4:57 pm

My god I need some rugby in my life after that turgid Wales game!

What do we think, will AWJ come on for 35? 20? Or just 10?

Dirtydave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:02 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:

Goosen is a classy player. Now he's back in SA I thought he'd be a fairly logical pick for the 22 shirt. Definitely someone you could bring on in a couple of different positions of you wanted to change things up.

Goosen was always good. Was this game on TV?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:04 pm

Thought that was PSDT there… take it it’s his brother as I’ve just noticed the name.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:05 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:

Goosen was always good. Was this game on TV?

Yes it was, not watchable really, if you see the highlights of the tries, that is all that is worth watching

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:17 pm

Blimey, did everything but score there!

Barnes being pretty hot on the extra rolls!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:17 pm

Price doesn't seem keen on passing to Smith so far. Think he's only had 3 touches.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:19 pm

Stormers giving them a game so far

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:21 pm

20 mins in and the first score

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:26 pm

Lots of handling errors

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:29 pm

Really good try.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:30 pm

First time we've been on the ball for any length and a nice try.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:31 pm

Good try from teamwork across the park

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:31 pm

Tadgh Beirne is phenomenal. What a player.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:31 pm

All a bit frantic!

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:33 pm

Price has upped his speed the past few sets. Lions looking more dangerous

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:35 pm

LCD making a strong case for the test squad, he is playing well

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:37 pm

People really don’t want to say the opening try scorers name laughing

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:39 pm

Lions getting well on top now

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:40 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:People really don’t want to say the opening try scorers name laughing

Why?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:42 pm

BigGee wrote:Lions getting well on top now

Lions have the athletes to punish Stormer mistakes

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 17 Jul 2021, 5:42 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:People really don’t want to say the opening try scorers name laughing

Why?

Good question.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next