The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

URC Round 3

+11
No 7&1/2
LeinsterFan4life
mikey_dragon
Welshmushroom
Oakdene
RiscaGame
profitius
PhilBB
Brendan
Old Man
neilthom7
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

URC Round 3 Empty URC Round 3

Post by neilthom7 Wed 06 Oct 2021, 9:03 pm

It's almost time for round 3 of the URC 2021/2022 season, some real interesting games this weekend, that Benneton v Ulster game could be fantastic.

Heres the games list (all times BST)

Ulster v Benetton- Friday 08/10/2021- 7:35pm- BBC NI, TG4, Premier Sports
Ospreys v Cell C Sharks- Friday 08/10/2021- 7.35pm- BBC Wales, SuperSport, Premier Sports

Leinster v Zebre - Saturday 09/10/2021- 1pm- RTÉ 2, Mediaset, Premier Sports
Glasgow Warriors v Emirates Lions- Saturday 09/10/2021- 3:05pm- Premier Sports, SuperSport
Connacht v Dragons- Saturday 09/10/2021- 5:15pm- TG4, S4C, Premier Sports
Edinburgh v DHL Stormers- Saturday 09/10/2021- 5:15pm- Premier Sports, SuperSport
Cardiff v Vodacom Bulls- Saturday 09/10/2021- 7:35pm- S4C, SuperSport, Premier Sports

Scarlets v Munster- Sunday 10/10/2021- 2pm- S4C, RTÉ 2, Premier Sports

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

URC Round 3 Empty Re: URC Round 3

Post by Old Man Wed 06 Oct 2021, 9:26 pm

Good news for SA fans might be on the horison, Sounds like we might be able to have 2000 fans in the stadiums when the matches start here

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Wed 06 Oct 2021, 9:28 pm

That is good news, getting some fans in to make an atmosphere makes a difference and get some funds in the pocket too

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Wed 06 Oct 2021, 10:37 pm

Here are my thoughts

Ulster v Benetton big game for both teams. Ulster to get 5pts but Benetton have to push them hard all game. Aim for Benetton has to be 2 BPs.  Lack of BPs killing them.
Ospreys v Cell C Sharks haven't been impressed with Ospreys and feel they haven't really got going.  Sharks have a good running game and don't think Ospreys will be able to bully them.  Ospreys just but sharks to get atleast 1 BP.

Leinster v Zebre Leinster by 35pts to make a statement.
Glasgow Warriors v Emirates Lions.  This is an intriguing one.  Think it will be open with Glasgow getting 5 and Lions 1.
Connacht v Dragons Dragons have had two close games but won neither.  This game will make or break them for the year mentally as another loss leaves them 0-3 and looking up the table..  Think they will lose with Connacht picking up 5pts.
Edinburgh v DHL Stormers. Stormers were very agessive in the first half v Munster and would have won but for the Munster pack that few teams in the league can stop.  I think Stormers might take this with a strong physical game.  Edinburgh to get a LBP.
Cardiff v Vodacom Bulls Cardiff aren't the best v a very physical team.  Bulls had the game plan to beat Connacht but messed up at key times and then got frustrated.  Bulls will have reviewed the Ospreys game carefully and their recent defeat helps them counter Cardiff. Think Bulls to get 5pts by keeping it tight and being aggressive.

Scarlets v Munster- biggest game of the weekend and second biggest so far after Ulster v Glasgow.  In both games Scarlets seemed to struggle with phyiscallity but had good running.  Think if Lions had made less errors they would have been more compeditive.  On that basis going for a Munster win via the pack with them pulling away once the benches empty.  Scarlets need to win this to show top 4 credentials but think they will come up short but give a good account of themselves.

Brendan

thebandwagonsociety likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Wed 06 Oct 2021, 11:01 pm

Yeah Munster simply mauled their way to victory.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Wed 06 Oct 2021, 11:05 pm

On the SA teams watch I want to see the following

1. Aggressive breakdown work like the Stormers v Munster first half.  Munster couldn't live with them and were conceding penalties all over the shop.
2. At least 60 minutes playing if not 80.  In each game except the Glasgow v Sharks games the SA team seemed to tire and with it the penalties racked up meaning field position was constantly lost.
3. Lineout accuracy to improve.  To many times over the opening weekends they have got good field position only to lose the lineout and end back defending in their own half.
4. Play the refs better.  White hit the nail on the head when he said they needed to copy the other team if they are getting away with things.  Being on the back foot doesn't help but trying things and learning from the refs reaction is important.  The different ref styles is a strength to the league but the SA teams need to realise each ref is different.

Scrums in general have been going well for them with each of the teams usually being on top.
I still stand by my opinion that each week the SA teams will go back to basics and be physical and good set pieces as they adjust to refs and team. In the second half of the season they will add back in the running.

Sharks have had the hardest opening 3 rounds of any team. After this weekend they only have two hard away games v Ulster and Bulls but will have their Boks for those. After the phyiscallity of Munster and running of Glasgow I think we will see a big improvement from them this week.

Not a fan of JW as his teams seem to be easily outthought and are just a group of big men. Once they struggle to bully teams they become poor. Bulls have to show this week that they can keep games tight. In their 3 games in the NH they have been run off the park and looked clueless how to stop it.

Stormers need to carry on the fast starts but play smarter in the second half and mange the games better. The yellow undid them against Munster otherwise it would have been alot closer.

Lions need to show they have learned how to deal with the running game some bit. Both Zebre and Scarlets ripped their defence to shreds. I fear what Glasgow will do if they leave as much space.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Wed 06 Oct 2021, 11:10 pm

Old Man wrote:Yeah Munster simply mauled their way to victory.

I think the Bulls should just work on mauls and lineouts all week. It's how Munster beat everyone except Leinster and Ulster. Most teams will fall apart in the end in the league because they arent as strong. Problem for the Bulls is their lineouts were poor at key times and the Irish teams defend mauls better than most.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Thu 07 Oct 2021, 12:43 am

Brendan I agree with you points on the SA teams.

For me the most frustrating aspect was the referees and the manner in which the breakdowns have gone, most of the SA teams struggled with how to interpret the referee and play the breakdowns, specifically on attack, they have lost numerous opportunities to really drive home the pressure they were creating and in most cases completely lost momentum.

The Bulls defence is probably the weakest between the Bulls, Sharks and Stormers.

Like you mentioned we have not seen close to an 80 minute performance from any of the SA sides.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 07 Oct 2021, 9:15 am

Brendan wrote:
Cardiff v Vodacom Bulls Cardiff aren't the best v a very physical team.  Bulls had the game plan to beat Connacht but messed up at key times and then got frustrated.  Bulls will have reviewed the Ospreys game carefully and their recent defeat helps them counter Cardiff. Think Bulls to get 5pts by keeping it tight and being aggressive.

Interesting.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Thu 07 Oct 2021, 9:42 am

Here's how I think it will go. Hope I'm wrong on a number of those.

Ulster v Benetton- Friday 08/10/2021- 7:35pm-  BBC NI, TG4, Premier Sports
Ospreys v Cell C Sharks- Friday 08/10/2021- 7.35pm- BBC Wales, SuperSport, Premier Sports

Leinster v Zebre - Saturday 09/10/2021- 1pm- RTÉ 2, Mediaset, Premier Sports
Glasgow Warriors v Emirates Lions- Saturday 09/10/2021- 3:05pm- Premier Sports, SuperSport
Connacht v Dragons- Saturday 09/10/2021- 5:15pm- TG4, S4C, Premier Sports
Edinburgh v DHL Stormers- Saturday 09/10/2021- 5:15pm- Premier Sports, SuperSport
Cardiff v Vodacom Bulls- Saturday 09/10/2021- 7:35pm- S4C, SuperSport, Premier Sports

Scarlets v Munster- Sunday 10/10/2021- 2pm- S4C, RTÉ 2, Premier Sports
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Thu 07 Oct 2021, 10:38 am

PhilBB wrote:
Brendan wrote:

Interesting.

Care to elaborate what exactly is interesting as would love to know if people agree.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 07 Oct 2021, 10:49 am

I'd imagine that he may wonder how you think Bulls will get 5 pts away, when they're winless.

I do think it's a bit of a stretch.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 07 Oct 2021, 10:53 am

Brendan wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Brendan wrote:

Interesting.

Care to elaborate what exactly is interesting as would love to know if people agree.

The Bulls are pretty garbage, aren't they? They got smashed by Leinster and smashed by Connacht (who Cardiff beat) yet you think they'll beat Cardiff by scoring four tries. I find that quite interesting.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Thu 07 Oct 2021, 11:06 am

Garbage?

Alrighty then.

We'll see how garbage they are back home with their Springboks back.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 07 Oct 2021, 11:14 am

Old Man wrote:Garbage?

Alrighty then.

It's pretty fair to say they are garbage at the moment, no? Jake White is going about making disparaging comments about an IRFU branch that went on to thump his bunch. Mind you, in his defence, his players would likely have never seen anything like Galway conditions.

p.s. Cardiff are garbage without their internationals, too. But if you're holding on to "we'll win because we play at 1300 metres above sea level" then so be it.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Thu 07 Oct 2021, 11:28 am

Can't see us getting much out of the Munster match unless the conditions are dry sadly. Don't want to get into an arm wrestle with their pack.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 07 Oct 2021, 11:30 am

Oakdene wrote:Can't see us getting much out of the Munster match unless the conditions are dry sadly. Don't want to get into an arm wrestle with their pack.

Surely dry is better for the Turks? Run it about lots.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Thu 07 Oct 2021, 12:10 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Oakdene wrote:Can't see us getting much out of the Munster match unless the conditions are dry sadly. Don't want to get into an arm wrestle with their pack.

That is what I was alluding to....

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 07 Oct 2021, 12:18 pm

Oakdene wrote:
PhilBB wrote:

That is what I was alluding to....

Good news - BBC says dry for Llanelli on the weekend https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2644100
PhilBB
PhilBB

Oakdene likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Thu 07 Oct 2021, 12:23 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Old Man wrote:Garbage?

Alrighty then.

It's pretty fair to say they are garbage at the moment, no? Jake White is going about making disparaging comments about an IRFU branch that went on to thump his bunch. Mind you, in his defence, his players would likely have never seen anything like Galway conditions.

p.s. Cardiff are garbage without their internationals, too. But if you're holding on to "we'll win because we play at 1300 metres above sea level" then so be it.

Calling a professional team garbage is disrespectful, no matter the team. A comment White makes doesn't reflect the quality f his team, that was his opinion, as misaligned as it was.

Nowhere did I reference altitude, you made that up. I was talking of home advantage and their Springboks.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 07 Oct 2021, 12:28 pm

Old Man wrote:

Calling a professional team garbage is disrespectful, no matter the team. A comment White makes doesn't reflect the quality f his team, that was his opinion, as misaligned as it was.

Nowhere did I reference altitude, you made that up. I was talking of home advantage and their Springboks.

Right, so the home advantage is not augmented by its unique position? Ok.

And the truth isn't disrespectful. Get a sense of perspective, please.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Thu 07 Oct 2021, 12:35 pm

I wonder if they are regretting playing fully loaded curry cup games running into the beginning of the URC.  Granted every rugby nation has been losing money in a big way since covid began.  

The main point I take away from the opening rounds is they look a bit tired to me at times, which is totally fair given they have played for 14 months straight by all accounts.  It was never a level playing field given all the other sides in the URC had time off and full pre seasons before starting the URC.  

I think this first season will be a learning curve which to be fair any new sides would need.  

They will no doubt get better as the season progresses but I think it will take a bit of time to adjust.  And to keep things on the level it's not like the Irish sides haven't been doing this to pretty much every nation when they are playing at home.  Only the very best clubs in Europe have ever managed to keep scores down or actually win in Ireland.  

I don't think any of the other excuses that are being made are that valid but having an extremely long season is enough of a reason to explain why they don't look as fit or hungry as the other nations in the URC.  Also I think there is a bit of flexing going on as well as every nation in the URC are making a point against the S.Africa sides given Europe is on the line.

Things will get better though given a season of experience followed by proper breaks in the summer with full preseasons before season 2 kicks off.

Last edited by Welshmushroom on Thu 07 Oct 2021, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Thu 07 Oct 2021, 12:42 pm

What I am quite pleased with is that Glasgow & Edinburgh have really started well (as they didn't do to well last year) and even the Welsh sides clearly have picked up their game (Ospreys & Cardiff mainly).

I still think the Scarlets will struggle mainly because they really didn't strengthen the front 5 in the off season.  They really have some problems in the second rows.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Thu 07 Oct 2021, 12:46 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:I wonder if they are regretting playing fully loaded curry cup games running into the beginning of the URC.  Granted every rugby nation has been losing money in a big way since covid began.  

The main point I take away from the opening rounds is they look a bit tired to me at times, which is totally fair given they have played for 14 months straight by all accounts.  It was never a level playing field given all the other sides in the URC had time off and full pre seasons before starting the URC.  

I think this first season is that learning curve which to be fair any new sides would need.  

They will no doubt get better as the season progresses but I think it will take a bit of time to adjust.  And to keep things on the level it's not like the Irish sides haven't been doing this to pretty much every nation when they are playing at home.  Only the very best clubs in Europe have ever managed to keep scores down or actually win in Ireland.  

I don't think any of the other excuses that are being made are that valid but having an extremely long season is enough of a reason to explain why they don't look as fit or hungry as the other nations in the URC.  Also I think there is a bit of flexing going on as well as every nation in the URC are making a point against the S.Africa sides given Europe is on the line.

Things will get better though given a season of experience followed by proper breaks in the summer with full preseasons before season 2 kicks off.

Welshmushroom, I don't think it would have made a difference whether they play less or more rugby prior to the URC starting, the fact that they were coming to Europe without their Springboks and play their four opening rounds away from home, under European referees and teams who by enlarge all have much bigger financial,budgets was always going to present a tough proposition.

They will now have a steep learning curve, the facets of the game they have been shown up on is mauls, breakdowns and referee interpretations.

Those are issues they will have to adapt as soon as possible.

I read an article this morning in SA that is quite interesting.

The longer term goal will be for these SA teams to retain players, recruit back some SA stars whilst increasing salary caps. This might take a few seasons as the revenue model increases.

We saw this issue during Super Rugby where our teams got depleted by overseas recruitment as well.

The way I see it is SARU has decided the URC provides them the opportunity to lessen the burden of travel, time zones and compete in Europe where the majority of the Springboks play. Thus they can judge performance of all SA players of interest head to head.

Whilst increasing revenue. Whether they will be able to compete with the budgets of the European clubs remains to be seen, but I suspect they see more benefits in joining the URC than what they had in Super Rugby.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Thu 07 Oct 2021, 12:56 pm

Yeah I think long term they will need to deal with recruiting back current internationals as I have said.

I'm not saying there isn't a learning curve as you point out above. The main issue I've seen is defence. They are slow getting into position and are not matching numbers up as they should be. But this is where to me they do look a little tired. I just think with a proper break next season this will also help them in future years.

I still reckon any side that has any real aspiration of getting into the last 8 will need to win 100% of their home games and pick up a couple of away wins if they can.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 07 Oct 2021, 1:11 pm

Old Man wrote:

I read an article this morning in SA that is quite interesting.

Thank you for the link - it is a fascinating read. The barbs about Brace's pro-colleague refereeing were brilliant.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Thu 07 Oct 2021, 1:13 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:Yeah I think long term they will need to deal with recruiting back current internationals as I have said.  

I'm not saying there isn't a learning curve as you point out above.  The main issue I've seen is defence.  They are slow getting into position and are not matching numbers up as they should be.  But this is where to me they do look a little tired.  I just think with a proper break next season this will also help them in future years.

I still reckon any side that has any real aspiration of getting into the last 8 will need to win 100% of their home games and pick up a couple of away wins if they can.

You are right about the defence, but that is more about attitude I think, it is true though that we haven't seen any 80 minute performances from them, whether it is physical fitness or focus is up for debate

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 07 Oct 2021, 1:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPZB0ifj6lo

This is also excellent from the Bulls.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Thu 07 Oct 2021, 1:35 pm

Excellent video

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Thu 07 Oct 2021, 1:50 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Brendan wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Brendan wrote:

Interesting.

The Bulls are pretty garbage, aren't they? They got smashed by Leinster and smashed by Connacht (who Cardiff beat) yet you think they'll beat Cardiff by scoring four tries. I find that quite interesting.

Cardiff pulled away from Connacht when 14 v 13.
They showed nothing against Ospreys to make me believe that they have improved against physical teams.
Connacht are better at defending mauls and if they werent good at breaking up mauls would have lost v the Bulls.  They also had an advantage with the venue that Cardiff won't have and the firm ground should help their maul not hinder it.

Bulls held their own against Leinster scrum and had the advantage v Connacht.

I think they will get scrum penalties and do a Munster.

How do you feel Cardiff will counteract the Bulls forward dominance.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 07 Oct 2021, 1:51 pm

One thing to note about the Cardiff game this weekend is that Chris Busby (the ref) has a 17% home win record....
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Thu 07 Oct 2021, 1:53 pm

RiscaGame wrote:I'd imagine that he may wonder how you think Bulls will get 5 pts away, when they're winless.

I do think it's a bit of a stretch.

4 tries from forwards via rolling mauls. Connacht got lucky with a few poor decisions but where cut open at will in the first 20 minutes but for the Bulls not adjusting to the ref.

Bulls can play just as good as Munster in the pack

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 07 Oct 2021, 1:57 pm

Brendan wrote:
They showed nothing against Ospreys to make me believe that they have improved against physical teams.
Connacht are better at defending mauls and if they werent good at breaking up mauls would have lost v the Bulls.  They also had an advantage with the venue that Cardiff won't have and the firm ground should help their maul not hinder it.

Cardiff were still beating Connacht at 15 v 15.

They lost to the Os by just 4 points, based mostly on scrum penalties that some felt could have gone another way. I don't know how many games the Bulls have played on a 3G pitch but, as you mentioned "an advantage with the venue", I'm surprised that you haven't considered the effect on the legs of players on such pitches. Those not used to them normally tire towards the end of games, especially if they start as a bigger team.

I don't know how Busby referees scrums or what his view will be going into the game. I also don't know the team selections in order to be able to make a judgement on which way the scrums will go, so you have far greater talents than do I if you can so sure at this stage.

Cardiff will look to run teams off the park. Wide, wide, fast ruck ball, fast play the ball. All the things they rarely got going against the Ospreys, but I'd put that down to a lot of familiarity.

So I don't know if the Bulls will be able to keep up the pace, I don't know the front row selections, I don't know about Busby's pre-conceived ideas, I don't know much in order to be making predictions at this stage.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Thu 07 Oct 2021, 2:09 pm

I said before my one worry with the SA teams was they would play the next game like they should have played the week before. Bulls struggled v Connacht because Connacht avoided the breakdown unlike Leinster and will always try the offload. If Bulls play like they should have last week they will win because Blues and Connacht play simillarly but Connacht for the past few years do better at home.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Thu 07 Oct 2021, 2:23 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Brendan wrote:

Cardiff were still beating Connacht at 15 v 15.

They lost to the Os by just 4 points, based mostly on scrum penalties that some felt could have gone another way. I don't know how many games the Bulls have played on a 3G pitch but, as you mentioned "an advantage with the venue", I'm surprised that you haven't considered the effect on the legs of players on such pitches. Those not used to them normally tire towards the end of games, especially if they start as a bigger team.

I don't know how Busby referees scrums or what his view will be going into the game. I also don't know the team selections in order to be able to make a judgement on which way the scrums will go, so you have far greater talents than do I if you can so sure at this stage.

Cardiff will look to run teams off the park. Wide, wide, fast ruck ball, fast play the ball. All the things they rarely got going against the Ospreys, but I'd put that down to a lot of familiarity.

So I don't know if the Bulls will be able to keep up the pace, I don't know the front row selections, I don't know about Busby's pre-conceived ideas, I don't know much in order to be making predictions at this stage.

So Cardiff lost because of Scrum penalties and that is the one area that the Bulls have been really strong.  They had parity v a strong Leinster team and had the advantage v Connacht.

It's not rocket science to say that the Bulls will get alot of Scrum penalties if Cardiff go backwards in the first few scrums which will set the tone for the game.  Then the Bulls knock ons become less of an issue as they potential can get penalties.

As per Scotland it doesn't matter how much you run if you give away a penalty and end up back in your own 22.

Regards the pitch they are use to hard pitches and the Sharks seemed fine in Glasgow but again were prepared for a Munster type game not the quick game of Glasgow.

Out of curiosity what were the penalties v Connacht for.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 07 Oct 2021, 2:35 pm

Brendan wrote:

So Cardiff lost because of Scrum penalties and that is the one area that the Bulls have been really strong.  They had parity v a strong Leinster team and had the advantage v Connacht.

It's not rocket science to say that the Bulls will get alot of Scrum penalties if Cardiff go backwards in the first few scrums which will set the tone for the game.  Then the Bulls knock ons become less of an issue as they potential can get penalties.

As per Scotland it doesn't matter how much you run if you give away a penalty and end up back in your own 22.

Regards the pitch they are use to hard pitches and the Sharks seemed fine in Glasgow but again were prepared for a Munster type game not the quick game of Glasgow.

As noted, I don't know how Busby will referee the scrums. I'd wager neither do you, hence you're guessing. You don't even know the selections yet and there's a big "if" before "Cardiff go backwards"

I admire your confidence at this stage.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Thu 07 Oct 2021, 3:31 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Brendan wrote:

As noted, I don't know how Busby will referee the scrums. I'd wager neither do you, hence you're guessing. You don't even know the selections yet and there's a big "if" before "Cardiff go backwards"

I admire your confidence at this stage.

I gave my view on every game and also gave the things the SA teams need to focus on this week.  If Cardiff gave away scrum penalties v Ospreys I would be confident they will v Bulls.

In rugby when one team goes backwards or their front row goes down it doesnt take much to work out how the ref will view it.

Against a physical team like Ospreys Cardiff got 1 try from play and one that is unlikely to be repeated by them all season
They conceded 16 v 6 penalties
Missed 7 of their 80 tackles.

I still haven't seen you said how you think Cardiff will win against a physical team like last week considering Ospreys offered v little in attack yet still won.

To be fair you haven't even said who you think will win.

If I am wrong fair enough happy to hold my hand up but I did give detailed reason for the win.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 08 Oct 2021, 9:13 am

Brendan wrote:If Cardiff gave away scrum penalties v Ospreys I would be confident they will v Bulls.

How so? It's a different team of officials and you don't know who has been selected to play
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 08 Oct 2021, 9:14 am

Brendan wrote:

I still haven't seen you said how you think Cardiff will win against a physical team like last week considering Ospreys offered v little in attack yet still won.

Its the fourth paragraph of the post I wrote at 12:57 yesterday. Just scroll up
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 08 Oct 2021, 9:15 am

Brendan wrote:
If I am wrong fair enough happy to hold my hand up but I did give detailed reason for the win.

Predictions rather than reasons, I'd say
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Fri 08 Oct 2021, 10:24 am

PhilBB wrote:
Brendan wrote:

A don't know. Fair enough.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 08 Oct 2021, 10:27 am

Brendan wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Brendan wrote:

A don't know.  Fair enough.

That's a very odd interpretation of "Cardiff will look to run teams off the park. Wide, wide, fast ruck ball, fast play the ball. All the things they rarely got going against the Ospreys, but I'd put that down to a lot of familiarity."

The Bulls in house video wrap even mentioned exactly the same thing in its analysis this week. So I'm not sure how you've read that so badly.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 08 Oct 2021, 1:14 pm

I see Munster have sent their kids to Llanelli: https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/munster-make-11-changes-as-youngsters-get-their-chance-against-scarlets-1.4694919?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Meanwhile Cardiff pick a 'meh' team for the Bulls
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 08 Oct 2021, 1:22 pm

https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/boks-start-for-bulls-as-part-of-rotation/ So does this make the Bulls stronger or weaker?

If Du Plessis is one tenth of the hooker he was in France, he should cause scrummaging problems for Cardiff. However, the ball should be dry so it will be interesting to see how many scrums the game has. Plus Arhip is starting, even though Myhill isn't a scrummaging hooker.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Fri 08 Oct 2021, 3:00 pm

PhilBB wrote:I see Munster have sent their kids to Llanelli: https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/munster-make-11-changes-as-youngsters-get-their-chance-against-scarlets-1.4694919?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Massive difference in lineup between Scarlets and Munster. Strange call by Munster. To be honest if the Scarlets dont win with a clear bonus point they will not have done well. Should blow Munster of the park.

Cardiff lineup looks fine - Only Ben Thomas in instead of Halaholo (who is on the bench). Bench looks really strong and could make a big impact. On their plastic pitch i'd imagine they will beat the Bulls. Depending on how well probably will show where exactly they are in terms of form.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri 08 Oct 2021, 3:59 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:
PhilBB wrote:I see Munster have sent their kids to Llanelli: https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/munster-make-11-changes-as-youngsters-get-their-chance-against-scarlets-1.4694919?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Massive difference in lineup between Scarlets and Munster.   Strange call by Munster.  To be honest if the Scarlets dont win with a clear bonus point they will not have done well.  Should blow Munster of the park.

Cardiff lineup looks fine - Only Ben Thomas in instead of Halaholo (who is on the bench).  Bench looks really strong and could make a big impact.      On their plastic pitch i'd imagine they will beat the Bulls.  Depending on how well probably will show where exactly they are in terms of form.

And a change at 9 for Cardiff.

I guess these line ups underline my point that making predictions before you see the selection is not a wise thing to do.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Fri 08 Oct 2021, 8:14 pm

Nathan Doak really stepping up here for Ulster, only his 4th start or something like that, showing a lot of promise

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 08 Oct 2021, 8:39 pm

Great try sharks.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Oct 2021, 8:41 pm

Lovely try by Sharks. Ospreys don’t look good at all from what I’ve seen so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 08 Oct 2021, 8:48 pm

It’s the usual routine. Ospreys look okay against two of the Welsh regions, and rubbish against everyone else. Losing to basement teams in England and SA for example. None of these lot in the Wales team based on this.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next