The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

URC Round 3

+12
No 7&1/2
LeinsterFan4life
mikey_dragon
The Oracle
Welshmushroom
Oakdene
RiscaGame
profitius
PhilBB
Brendan
Old Man
neilthom7
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

URC Round 3 - Page 4 Empty URC Round 3

Post by neilthom7 Wed 06 Oct 2021, 9:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's almost time for round 3 of the URC 2021/2022 season, some real interesting games this weekend, that Benneton v Ulster game could be fantastic.

Heres the games list (all times BST)

Ulster v Benetton- Friday 08/10/2021- 7:35pm- BBC NI, TG4, Premier Sports
Ospreys v Cell C Sharks- Friday 08/10/2021- 7.35pm- BBC Wales, SuperSport, Premier Sports

Leinster v Zebre - Saturday 09/10/2021- 1pm- RTÉ 2, Mediaset, Premier Sports
Glasgow Warriors v Emirates Lions- Saturday 09/10/2021- 3:05pm- Premier Sports, SuperSport
Connacht v Dragons- Saturday 09/10/2021- 5:15pm- TG4, S4C, Premier Sports
Edinburgh v DHL Stormers- Saturday 09/10/2021- 5:15pm- Premier Sports, SuperSport
Cardiff v Vodacom Bulls- Saturday 09/10/2021- 7:35pm- S4C, SuperSport, Premier Sports

Scarlets v Munster- Sunday 10/10/2021- 2pm- S4C, RTÉ 2, Premier Sports

neilthom7

Posts : 2567
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down


URC Round 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Round 3

Post by BigGee Mon 11 Oct 2021, 1:54 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Just saw that Snyman’s injury is reported as significant. That’s a shame. Awful luck.

He has apparently re-ruptured his ACL

That sounds nightmarish for him and likely out for the whole season again.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 12133
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

URC Round 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Round 3

Post by profitius Mon 11 Oct 2021, 3:21 pm

Not great news for RG Snyman. He lost his mother a few months back also.
profitius
profitius

Posts : 4615
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

URC Round 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Round 3

Post by Intotouch Wed 13 Oct 2021, 12:25 am

I’m stunned by Munster beating Scarlets away the way that they did. And a bit confused. There must be something seriously wrong at the Scarlets for that to happen. That was their home ground but where was their attitude/ grit? Sure the internationals were just coming back but they were not playing like a team that wanted to defend their patch but were a bit unused to each other. It was shocking. An aberration I hope. I don’t get it.

Intotouch

Posts : 558
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Usually Dublin

Back to top Go down

URC Round 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Round 3

Post by profitius Wed 13 Oct 2021, 10:02 am

Intotouch wrote:I’m stunned by Munster beating Scarlets away the way that they did. And a bit confused. There must be something seriously wrong at the Scarlets for that to happen. That was their home ground but where was their attitude/ grit?  Sure the internationals were just coming back but they were not playing like a team that wanted to defend their patch but were a bit unused to each other. It was shocking. An aberration I hope. I don’t get it.

Scarlets saw all the changes and thought it would be easy. Once munster started well the Scarlets were a bit shocked which made them play poorly and they couldn't get themselves out of it. Munster were under no pressure to win and enjoying it while Scarlets were expected to win. I've seen that scenario happen often.


Munster have a big squad also and many of those "second string" players should be first choice.
profitius
profitius

Posts : 4615
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

URC Round 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Round 3

Post by PhilBB Thu 14 Oct 2021, 9:16 am

Well Cardiff were garbage in that second half. They didn't adapt to the change in refereeing interpretation at half time and were physically beaten up by du Plessis and his mates.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 5802
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Round 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Round 3

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 14 Oct 2021, 9:50 am

Yes, both Bismarck and Jacques du Plessis. I'm absolutely amazed and somewhat dismayed that Seb Davies and Rhys Priestland made the Wales squad. Both of them were naf, as per.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 12875
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

URC Round 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Round 3

Post by Brendan Thu 14 Oct 2021, 10:52 am

PhilBB wrote:Well Cardiff were garbage in that second half. They didn't adapt to the change in refereeing interpretation at half time and were physically beaten up by du Plessis and his mates.

Did the ref interpretations change or did White tell the Bulls to keep it tight and what they were doing wrong.

It's like in the Connacht game the Bulls got blown up for sealing because Connacht were trying to get the ball but Bulls sat off Connacht's breakdown so ref let it be.

I don't think the ref changed but Bulls started to keep it tight so had better support to control the breakdown.  As I previously said SA teams will go back to basics.

I do also remember saying something about Cardiff struggling against physical teams but was told that wasn't the case.

Brendan

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

URC Round 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Round 3

Post by Brendan Thu 14 Oct 2021, 11:00 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Yes, both Bismarck and Jacques du Plessis. I'm absolutely amazed and somewhat dismayed that Seb Davies and Rhys Priestland made the Wales squad. Both of them were naf, as per.

Priestland making the squad seems surprising as he is ok at Club level but not really international. Surely the other 3 starting 10s in Wales mist be ahead of him for the first game(you only need 2) and then bring in Biggar, Sheedy etc when the window opens.

Brendan

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

URC Round 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Round 3

Post by PhilBB Thu 14 Oct 2021, 11:24 am

Brendan wrote:
PhilBB wrote:Well Cardiff were garbage in that second half. They didn't adapt to the change in refereeing interpretation at half time and were physically beaten up by du Plessis and his mates.

Did the ref interpretations change or did White tell the Bulls to keep it tight and what they were doing wrong.

It's like in the Connacht game the Bulls got blown up for sealing because Connacht were trying to get the ball but Bulls sat off Connacht's breakdown so ref let it be.

I don't think the ref changed but Bulls started to keep it tight so had better support to control the breakdown.  As I previously said SA teams will go back to basics.

I do also remember saying something about Cardiff struggling against physical teams but was told that wasn't the case.

The interpretations definitely changed as the gate wasn't referred at all and neither was the need to stay on feet. So they flew off, at all angles, to kill the jackal.

I don't think you were told that wasn't the case about physical side. I do remember you thinking the scrum would be to the Bulls advantage when the reverse was true, however.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 5802
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Round 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Round 3

Post by PhilBB Thu 14 Oct 2021, 11:25 am

Brendan wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Yes, both Bismarck and Jacques du Plessis. I'm absolutely amazed and somewhat dismayed that Seb Davies and Rhys Priestland made the Wales squad. Both of them were naf, as per.

Priestland making the squad seems surprising as he is ok at Club level but not really international.  Surely the other 3 starting 10s in Wales mist be ahead of him for the first game(you only need 2) and then bring in Biggar, Sheedy etc when the window opens.

Priestland was poor against the Os and poor against the Bs. He's playing on past reputation.

However, two of the other three starting 10s are Sam Davies and Sam Castelow, hence the selection of Priestland......
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 5802
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Round 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Round 3

Post by Brendan Thu 14 Oct 2021, 12:41 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Brendan wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Yes, both Bismarck and Jacques du Plessis. I'm absolutely amazed and somewhat dismayed that Seb Davies and Rhys Priestland made the Wales squad. Both of them were naf, as per.

Priestland making the squad seems surprising as he is ok at Club level but not really international.  Surely the other 3 starting 10s in Wales mist be ahead of him for the first game(you only need 2) and then bring in Biggar, Sheedy etc when the window opens.

Priestland was poor against the Os and poor against the Bs. He's playing on past reputation.

However, two of the other three starting 10s are Sam Davies and Sam Castelow, hence the selection of Priestland......

1 is 34, 1 is 28 and 1 is 20. Surely it's better for team Wales to take one of the younger players who have played just as well but could be used at the next WC. It's not like Anscombe will be taken off against the ABs unless well ahead or well behind.

Brendan

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

URC Round 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Round 3

Post by PhilBB Thu 14 Oct 2021, 2:02 pm

Brendan wrote:

1 is 34, 1 is 28 and 1 is 20.  Surely it's better for team Wales to take one of the younger players who have played just as well but could be used at the next WC.  It's not like Anscombe will be taken off against the ABs unless well ahead or well behind.

Anscombe shouldn't be picked against the Kiwis. He's not fit enough and his club coaches have warned about selecting him.

Priestland making the next World Cup is very possible, of course, as he has a 2 year contract at Cardiff.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 5802
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Round 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Round 3

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 14 Oct 2021, 4:02 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Brendan wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Yes, both Bismarck and Jacques du Plessis. I'm absolutely amazed and somewhat dismayed that Seb Davies and Rhys Priestland made the Wales squad. Both of them were naf, as per.

Priestland making the squad seems surprising as he is ok at Club level but not really international.  Surely the other 3 starting 10s in Wales mist be ahead of him for the first game(you only need 2) and then bring in Biggar, Sheedy etc when the window opens.

Priestland was poor against the Os and poor against the Bs. He's playing on past reputation.

However, two of the other three starting 10s are Sam Davies and Sam Castelow, hence the selection of Priestland......

Can't you see both are in better form than Priestland? It's just another Pivac blunder, like all the ones he made in his first season.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 12875
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

URC Round 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Round 3

Post by PhilBB Thu 14 Oct 2021, 4:39 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Can't you see both are in better form than Priestland? It's just another Pivac blunder, like all the ones he made in his first season.

Form is subjective. For starters, Sam Davies has neither the game nor the experience for international rugby. Costelow may also be missing both, as shown by his performances for the u20s not so long ago.

If there's to be a sacrificial lamb for the Kiwi game, I'd prefer it to be Priestland than Costelow.

For me, Davies hasn't got it. Never had it.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 5802
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Round 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Round 3

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum