The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV= INSURANCE COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

4 posters

Go down

SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE  LV= INSURANCE COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV= INSURANCE COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 27 Apr 2022, 5:12 pm

Surrey have named a fourteen man squad for this week’s trip to Bristol to play Gloucestershire at the Seat Unique Stadium.
There are four additions to the squad with Amar Virdi and Gus Atkinson named in a squad for the first time this season, Dan Worrall available to make his debut for the Club and Colin de Grandhomme in the squad after signing earlier this week.
Atkinson has now completed his back to bowling programme and is fully available for selection.
The rumours of Sam Curran being rested by the ECB have been unfounded  Very Happy
There is no place in the squad for Cameron Steel or Jamie Smith while James Taylor joins Ben Geddis, Tom Curran, Matthew Dunn and Conor McKerr on the treatment table.
Full Squad:
Rory Burns (captain)
Hashim Amla
Gus Atkinson
Jordan Clark
Sam Curran
Colin de Grandhomme
Ben Foakes
Will Jacks
Jamie Overton
Ryan Patel
Ollie Pope
Reece Topley
Amar Virdi
Dan Worrall
Tough one yet again to call maybe Atkinson Jacks and Topley (rested) to miss out  Headscratch
Over to you chaps  thumbsup

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat and thegooch7 like this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE  LV= INSURANCE COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV= INSURANCE COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Wed 27 Apr 2022, 5:35 pm

Cheers, JimBob. As usual, you've done the hard yards - in setting up the thread and trying to work out who'll miss out. I'm pretty much with you but, if only to be a bit different, I'll say that Topley will play and Worrall will have to wait a bit longer for his Surrey debut. thumbsup

guildfordbat

thegooch7 and jimbobgooner like this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE  LV= INSURANCE COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV= INSURANCE COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by thegooch7 Wed 27 Apr 2022, 9:43 pm

Cheers jimbob, I think CdG in for Taylor and the same 10 from Somerset, so Worrall, Atkinson and Virdi to miss out, but we're going to have to pick a recognised spinner soon!

thegooch7

guildfordbat and jimbobgooner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 28 Apr 2022, 9:56 am

Gloucs occupy bottom place in Division One with two defeats (Yorks and Lancs) and a draw (Northants). However, I wouldn't get too cocky yet (did I say I was looking at you, JimBob? Wink ).

They've named a useful 13 man squad boosted by the return of seamer David Payne (much rated by King Carlos) and the addition of Pakistan international paceman Mohammad Amir. They also have three Championship makers already this season in Marcus Harris, James Bracey and Ryan Higgins.

The Gloucs 13: Harris, Dent, Bracey (wkt), Hammond, van Buuren (capt), Higgins, Lace, Jack Taylor, Matt Taylor, Payne, Amir, Shaw and Scott.
Maybe a Taylor and Scott to miss out but I'm guessing even more than with our lot.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 28 Apr 2022, 12:20 pm

Goochie was the closest picking our eleven! Atkinson, Virdi and Overton (guessing rested) miss out. No Foakes either - don't know why, and Smith plays instead.

From the Gloucs squad, Shaw and Scott miss out.

Having been put in, we're in a bit of trouble. 36/2, both openers in the hutch.

guildfordbat

thegooch7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 28 Apr 2022, 12:22 pm

Even worse! 41/3 now.

Amla gone. Smith has joined Pope at the crease ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 28 Apr 2022, 3:53 pm

Pope and Smith have gone a massive way to turning things round. 167/3 at tea.

Both batsmen with half-centuries so far.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 28 Apr 2022, 3:58 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Pope and Smith have gone a massive way to turning things round. 167/3 at tea.

Both batsmen with half-centuries so far.

Excellent recovery....so far, really impressive from Smith who seems to have been drafted in last minute

thegooch7

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 28 Apr 2022, 5:53 pm

oh ollie Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 28 Apr 2022, 6:06 pm

100 for Smith Very Happy Yahoo Yahoo clap clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 28 Apr 2022, 6:13 pm

50 for baby face clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 28 Apr 2022, 6:26 pm

excellent recovery after a dreadful start
Jack Taylor my pick of the bowlers Wink
hopefully the club informing us about Foakes tonight would be nice Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat and thegooch7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 28 Apr 2022, 6:27 pm

Lost 1 wicket, but a superb last session from Surrey, hopefully push on tomorrow with a minimum 4 batting points!!

thegooch7

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 28 Apr 2022, 6:37 pm

thegooch7 wrote:Lost 1 wicket, but a superb last session from Surrey, hopefully push on tomorrow with a minimum 4 batting points!!
depends on sam being there probably

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 28 Apr 2022, 7:59 pm

thegooch7 wrote:Lost 1 wicket, but a superb last session from Surrey, hopefully push on tomorrow with a minimum 4 batting points!!

Yep, great last session and recovery from the morning disasters. Smith's held things together brilliantly. Very good work as well from Pope and Curran.

4 batting points should be available with Curran at the crease and several big hitters to follow him but I wouldn't bet on it. Too often, we seem to start a new day very slowly. Fair enough to have 400+ as the main aim but that shouldn't mean needlessly giving away any bonus points. As said before, 1 or 2 might make all the difference at the end of September.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Fri 29 Apr 2022, 12:01 pm

Appalling from Surrey this morning, do they not know the bonus points rules?? I know it's only losing 1, but we've done it twice already

thegooch7

guildfordbat and jimbobgooner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 29 Apr 2022, 12:17 pm

Goochie - I’ll let you tell JimBob what’s gone on with the bonus points. Maybe get a tin helmet and ear plugs first ….

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 29 Apr 2022, 3:28 pm

What a knock by smith
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 29 Apr 2022, 3:43 pm

Yeah, I’ve been banging the Smith drum for a while.
Declare 2 overs after tea would be my choice.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 29 Apr 2022, 4:35 pm

100 for Clark Very Happy Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo clap clap clap clap
best number nine in the business Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 29 Apr 2022, 4:39 pm

thegooch7 wrote:Appalling from Surrey this morning, do they not know the bonus points rules?? I know it's only losing 1, but we've done it twice already
i was fuming about that Jacks tried his best in the 109 over mad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 29 Apr 2022, 5:08 pm

600 on the board Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Fri 29 Apr 2022, 8:02 pm

Looks like the pitch is flat as a pancake now, watch Gloucester get 400 in 110 overs!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 29 Apr 2022, 8:23 pm

thegooch7 wrote:Looks like the pitch is flat as a pancake now, watch Gloucester get 400 in 110 overs!

If they do that and the game goes on to be drawn, Gloucs would actually end up with more points even if they were miles behind on first innings scores. Shocked

Great that we can get so on top but we do then need to take full advantage and not leave points out there.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 29 Apr 2022, 10:35 pm

Foakes out with a stiff back

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 30 Apr 2022, 1:47 pm

I do hope JimBob isn't keeping count of the bonus points in this game! Rolling Eyes

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 30 Apr 2022, 5:05 pm

guildfordbat wrote:I do hope JimBob isn't keeping count of the bonus points in this game! Rolling Eyes
censored

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 30 Apr 2022, 5:06 pm

This game needs to be called off after day 3
dreadful pitch prepared by Gloucestershire warning

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 01 May 2022, 2:32 pm

Rain and common sense prevent any play today. We head home with a draw although having left at least one bonus point out there.

Handy for the bowlers that they didn't have to spend another day doing their stuff and can instead rest before the next match on Thursday. It would also have been hard work for young sub keeper Josh Blake there today - besides yesterday, he spent most of Friday keeping for the stiffs at Guildford. Wonder if the Club will tell us what's going on with Foakes and Smith? Rolling Eyes

Dreadful track for a meaningful contest between bat and ball but clap clap to Dent for not caving to scoreboard pressure and maintaining concentration magnificently. Top support also from Harris and Hammond.

It wouldn't have changed the result but I do feel we went into this game a frontline bowler light. A non bowling Curran, C de G and Jacks at 6, 7 and 8 allows for plenty of welly when batting but doesn't give us strong enough alternatives with the ball.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down