The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+3
SimonofSurrey
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  Empty SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 20 Aug 2015, 9:09 pm

SURREY HAVE NAMED THEIR XI FOR THE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AGAINST GLOUCESTERSHIRE AT BRISTOL STARTING ON FRIDAY. Shocked
Zafar Ansari is unavailable for selection due to the hamstring strain he sustained in the Royal One Day Cup game against Somerset earlier in the week. Sad
matthew dunn will be disappointed not to be in the XI
The Surrey XI to play Gloucestershire at The County Ground, Bristol on Friday 21st August, Saturday 22nd August, Sunday 23rd August and Monday 24th August :
Gareth Batty (capt)
James Burke
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Jade Dernbach
Ben Foakes
Arun Harinath
Jason Roy
Gary Wilson
right only one question to ask who should be 12th man? Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  Empty Re: SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Fri 21 Aug 2015, 12:21 am

Cheers, JimBob. Trust you have tweeted Churchy to get his act together sooner next time!

The second eleven play in the semi final of the 50 over Trophy competition on Friday at Derbys. I'm sure that's why the likes of Dunn and Viscount have been spared drinks duties for the firsts.

As you ask - maybe one of the kids like Chris Jones to be twelthy.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  Empty Re: SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by SimonofSurrey Fri 21 Aug 2015, 8:54 am

Cant help but feel we're going to miss a second spinner (with all due respect to Le Roy). Could the Burger Van not have been spared or is he too essential to the 2nds 50 over team? The one criticism of our three young all rounders is that they are all a bit same-y, ie quicks whose batting is work in progress.

There's currently a big gap between us and the chasing pack but statistically a couple of bad games and it opens up again: especially when we are playing one of our potential rivals, as in this game.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 21 Aug 2015, 10:37 am

Surrey win the toss and will bowl

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 21 Aug 2015, 10:43 am

Gloucestershire rest Klinger and Miles is injured (arguably their two best players).

We're all but promoted folks, no need to panic about that anymore
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 21 Aug 2015, 11:01 am

Forecast is a bit doubtful for both Sat and Sun in the west of England - so potentially both this match at Bristol and Lancs v Glam in Manchester may lose some time to the weather.  There's also some possibility of a bit of drizzle later today at either venue.  It would be a good start to pick up three bowling points today.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 21 Aug 2015, 11:04 am

Pitt the Even Younger strikes with his first ball! Very Happy

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 21 Aug 2015, 11:05 am

I think this Sam Curran kid might just have a future playing the game of cricket #notbad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 21 Aug 2015, 11:17 am

Some of us old stagers likely to get touch of nostalgia from the scorecard entry "Tavare LBW Curran" Erm

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 21 Aug 2015, 11:34 am

Another wicket for the young prodigy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 21 Aug 2015, 11:44 am

Tommy in on the act now, bowling Marshall for a duck
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 21 Aug 2015, 12:17 pm

74 - 4.  A second wicket for Curran Major.  Burke has been taking some stick from Roderick. Expect to see Dernbach on soon.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 21 Aug 2015, 1:58 pm

109 - 6.  Couple of early wickets after lunch - a 3rd for Curran Major and one for Dernbach. Roderick still going strong on 71*

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 21 Aug 2015, 2:07 pm

Dernbach currently 8 overs, 1 for 11.  Backs up recent comments by Guildford about him playing a useful role.  Looks like intentional change of plan by Surrey and Dernbach.  He often used to be pretty expensive in cc matches, but he now seems to have switched more to the Tremlett role of keeping things tight.

And now Curran Major has picked up Roderick - 117 - 7 Yahoo Yahoo  He now has 4 for 28 off just under 14 overs.  Sounds like superb bowling.... clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 21 Aug 2015, 2:20 pm

Burke is very lucky to be playing in this game after his performance against Essex

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 21 Aug 2015, 2:47 pm

Tremlett retires from cricket...

Pity his injuries stopped the career he might have had. He had a major role in a famous Ashes win at least...and a number of good Tests for England.

I'll leave you Surrey fans to do the domestic tribute...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 21 Aug 2015, 2:54 pm

8th wicket partnership passes 50 Sad  Burke comes back on - his first ball disappears for 6.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 21 Aug 2015, 2:58 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:8th wicket partnership passes 50 Sad  Burke comes back on - his first ball disappears for 6.
steam steam steam

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 21 Aug 2015, 3:08 pm

But finally Curran Major bowls Fuller 168 - 8. And that's 5 wickets for the Curran Bun! Very Happy clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 21 Aug 2015, 3:12 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:But finally Curran Major bowls Fuller 168 - 8. And that's 5 wickets for the Curran Bun! Very Happy clap
clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 21 Aug 2015, 3:17 pm

tom passed 50 wkts for the county championship with his 2nd wkt today clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Fri 21 Aug 2015, 3:59 pm

For those who know good beer, disappointing that Glos' lower order features Fuller, Smith and Taylor - not Turner. Meanwhile, Glos' tail have wagged their way to a first batting point, having been 117-7.

Much more of this and we'll all need a beer. Crying or Very sad

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 21 Aug 2015, 4:44 pm

9th wicket partnership also passes 50 mad  But is ended when Curran Major takes his 6th wicket. So that is at least the third bowling point secured.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 21 Aug 2015, 4:48 pm

People we have em 9 down for 220 odd, and listening to the commentary it's clear the pitch is getting much flatter and is losing the green tinge.

This is good stuff
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 21 Aug 2015, 4:54 pm

233 all out as Batty gets a wicket.  Disappointing that the Gloucs tail wagged so much, although it's fair to point out that most of them are no mugs with the bat. Let's hope for a really good solid reply.  Presumably Harinath will open with Burns.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 21 Aug 2015, 4:56 pm

Olly wrote:People we have em 9 down for 220 odd, and listening to the commentary it's clear the pitch is getting much flatter and is losing the green tinge.

This is good stuff
Laugh Laugh Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 21 Aug 2015, 4:56 pm

Excellent effort to have them all out for under 250 just after tea on the first day.

Let's hope the batsmen can do their job now
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 21 Aug 2015, 5:30 pm

Olly wrote:Excellent effort to have them all out for under 250 just after tea on the first day.
Laugh Laugh Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 21 Aug 2015, 5:55 pm

52 - 0 thumbsup

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 21 Aug 2015, 6:11 pm

64 - 1 Harinath caught behind for 39.  Sam Curran as nightwatchman. Shocked

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 21 Aug 2015, 6:20 pm

Burns out for 23: 66 - 2 Sad

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 21 Aug 2015, 6:21 pm

mad mad mad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 21 Aug 2015, 6:27 pm

74 - 2 at stumps.  Marginally Surrey's day.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 21 Aug 2015, 7:42 pm

Good day for Surrey, although Gloucestershire are hanging on to give themselves a little hope of they bowl well tomorrow morning.

Surrey will be hoping Sam Curran can make a useful 30/40 as nightwatchman to frustrate the hosts
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 22 Aug 2015, 11:13 am

100 up

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 22 Aug 2015, 11:20 am

Just seen the Surrey tv highlights. As you would expect from his figures, TC looked on the money. Well supported with some fine catches behind by Wilson. Mind you, a cracking catch by Gloucs keeper Roderick to dismiss the Baron.

Important morning session now ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 22 Aug 2015, 11:37 am

50* partnership between That's All and Pitt the Even Younger. clap clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 22 Aug 2015, 12:02 pm

Pitt the Even Younger is 32*- so that's his highest first class score in his "embryonic" Wink career.  clap clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 22 Aug 2015, 12:10 pm

150 up.  clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 22 Aug 2015, 12:14 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Pitt the Even Younger is 32*- so that's his highest first class score in his "embryonic" Wink career.  clap clap

Actually scares me how talented he is
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 22 Aug 2015, 12:15 pm

50 for that's all clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 22 Aug 2015, 12:15 pm

50* for Foakes - and scored at a good lick off 57 balls.  clap clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 22 Aug 2015, 12:27 pm

100* partnership - and Pitt the Even Younger's first class batting average passes 100! Very Happy clap clap

Last edited by Corporalhumblebucket on Sat 22 Aug 2015, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 22 Aug 2015, 12:28 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:100* partnership - and Pitt the Younger's first class batting average passes 100! Very Happy clap clap

#thenewbradman

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 22 Aug 2015, 12:41 pm

baby face goes for 49 Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 22 Aug 2015, 12:42 pm

Smashed a long hop straight to point - a real shame
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 22 Aug 2015, 12:44 pm

Curran finally falls for 49 Sad  An excellent knock.   clap clap The partnership was worth 113.  Important that we don't let Gloucs back into the match in this short spell before lunch.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 22 Aug 2015, 12:49 pm

Olly wrote:Smashed a long hop straight to point - a real shame
steam steam steam

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 22 Aug 2015, 12:50 pm

Great effort from Babe Curran (nice one, JimBob) and a super three figure partnership with That's All.

We look as if we're going to be comfortably on top at the end of our first innings. Obviously it would be great to get a bagful of points and keep the momentum going with a win. However, bearing in mind the bad weather expected, a draw with us taking more bonus points than Gloucs would not be the end of the world.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 22 Aug 2015, 1:02 pm

40 behind at lunch almost the perfect session

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next