The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+7
SimonofSurrey
jimbohammers
kingdaveeagle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Corporalhumblebucket
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 25 Jun 2015, 3:51 pm

A FOURTEEN MAN SQUAD HAS BEEN NAMED FOR THE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AGAINST GLOUCESTERSHIRE AT THE KIA OVAL STARTING ON SATURDAY 27TH JUNE.
Rory Burns is named in the squad having recovered from his collision with Moises Henriques a fortnight ago. Jason Roy king returns again  Wink  to the squad having helped England beat New Zealand in the recent One Day International and T20 Series.
The Surrey squad to play Gloucestershire in the LV=County Championship at the Kia Oval on Saturday 27th June, Sunday 28th June, Monday 29th June and Tuesday 30th June :
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
Rory Burns
James Burke
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Matthew Dunn
Dean Elgar
Ben Foakes
Arun Harinath
Tim Linley
Jason Roy
Dominic Sibley
Gary Wilson
Luke Fletcher has gone back to notts Sad and Aneesh Kapil misses out from the squad named against derbyshire
There is also a return to the squad for Matthew Dunn Smile
yet again Stuart meaker and Vikram solanki miss out
for me younger curran,foakes and sibley to miss out
over to you guys  thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Thu 25 Jun 2015, 4:51 pm

Cheers, JimBob.

Agree with you about Kid Curran and Foakes being likely to miss out. Not sure though that Sibley will join them on drinks duties. His not getting out on the second evening at Leics (when we were continually off and on in the last hour with rain and bad light) and going on to make 40 odd was very important for our victory - I don't think Stewie and Ford will overlook that.

Possibly Burns will have to wait a bit longer for his comeback game - that would probably be my call. However, another alternative would be to ditch the Viscount and play the extra batsman. That would put more responsibility on Burke's bowling - he's done well but I would prefer not to chance that at this stage.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 25 Jun 2015, 5:07 pm

Interesting selection options.  Maybe  S Curran, Foakes and Viscount to miss out.  Could be looking at this team if the pitch looks promising for spinners:

Harinath
Burns
Elgar
Sibley
Roy
Wilson
Ansari
Burke
Batty
T Curran
Dunn

If we expect to need only the equivalent of one full time spinner then probably either Sibley or Burns to make way for the Viscount....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 25 Jun 2015, 5:15 pm

Corporal - JimBob and King Dave will love your batting order with Zaf down at 7! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 25 Jun 2015, 7:14 pm

Burns, Batty and younger Curran should be the ones to miss out imo.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 27 Jun 2015, 10:51 am

Tough fixture scheduling for Surrey to arrive back no doubt pretty late yesterday evening from Cardiff and go straight into a cc match in London today.  The noon start for today's match is not exactly a huge concession....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 27 Jun 2015, 11:05 am

Corporal - agreed although a rare t20 win has hopefully perked spirits up.

Meanwhile, rumours circulating about Sri Lanka keen to take Ford back and him interested. [Olly and JimBob - you should be our roving reporters for this story with all you twitter connections, what's going on? Smile ]

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 27 Jun 2015, 11:35 am

All I've seen is a report saying what you've put Guildford, doesn't seem to be much if any info out there
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 27 Jun 2015, 11:43 am

Sibley, s,Curran and viscount miss out Surrey win toss and bat. Answers on a postcard how Foakes justify's a place

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 27 Jun 2015, 12:07 pm

Little surprising team selection that - must think the pitch is going to spin with only 3 seamers....
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 27 Jun 2015, 12:16 pm

Olly wrote:Little surprising team selection that - must think the pitch is going to spin with only 3 seamers....

And if that's the case it's good that we've won the toss and batted!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 27 Jun 2015, 12:35 pm

32-0 good opening half hour
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 27 Jun 2015, 12:50 pm

Agree with all comments above. Definitely a good toss to win on what has to be a batting day.

Not surprised by the Viscount's omission - thought he was in danger. Does put more onus on Burke as part of a 3 man seam attack. Maybe it's expected to take spin later as per Olly's post.

Am surprised though by Foakes' inclusion. Just a guess - maybe he's seen as more suited to sunny batting days whilst Sibley's more defensive style lends itself better to grinding out 30s and 40s in dull overcast conditions. Whatever the reason, Foakes needs to show his selection is justified.

Keep 'em peeled on Ford - unlike Stewie, he's not a natural bubbly communicator with members and supporters but the impression is he does a lot of good work where it matters - with the players and they respect him. If he does move on, that'll not only be a loss but leave a sour taste (his job clearly not done at this stage).

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 27 Jun 2015, 1:04 pm

Surrey collapsing 43- 2 Sad

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 27 Jun 2015, 1:26 pm

Harinath proving Guildford was a flash in the pan

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 27 Jun 2015, 1:36 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:Harinath proving Guildford was a flash in the pan

JimBob - think that's a bit harsh although since making 120 in the first innings at Guildford his subsequent scores have gone down each time. On that basis, expect a duck in his second dig here!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 27 Jun 2015, 1:52 pm

There's a bit of track record of Harinath getting several fairly or very good scores and then his form tailing off. Clearly he gets a great deal of credit for his batting against Glam, but I would not be surprised to see the same pattern again.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 27 Jun 2015, 2:03 pm

77 - 2 off 33 overs.  Fairly attritional cricket with Ansari scoring 34* off 120 balls.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Sat 27 Jun 2015, 2:08 pm

Far too slow again from Ansari. We really need to change things at the top of the order.

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 27 Jun 2015, 2:12 pm

According to the Radio Gloucs guy (he mentioned it twice shortly before lunch), Ansari was dropped in the slips just after Harinath was out. Blimey, if that had been taken we would have been in a mess!

As it is, a slightly disappointing score given the conditions. 400 within 110 overs for 5 batting points already looking a long way off. Don't expect JimBob and King Dave to be too chuffed!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 27 Jun 2015, 2:17 pm

King Dave - hadn't seen your post when I sent mine! Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 27 Jun 2015, 2:53 pm

guildfordbat wrote:

As it is, a slightly disappointing score given the conditions. 400 within 110 overs for 5 batting points already looking a long way off. Don't expect JimBob and King Dave to be too chuffed!
steam steam steam

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 27 Jun 2015, 2:57 pm

with the beer festival at the ground no doubt sales are up with ansari batting Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 27 Jun 2015, 3:07 pm

finally a extra Smile

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Sat 27 Jun 2015, 3:21 pm

Afternoon all,

Ansari 39 off 148 balls....

Always thought he gave it a bit of whack in t20 cricket. What a contrast haha

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 27 Jun 2015, 3:22 pm

Moan about zaf all you want but he is the rockbehind most of our innings
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 27 Jun 2015, 3:22 pm

jimbohammers wrote:Afternoon all,

Ansari 39 off 148 balls....

Always thought he gave it a bit of whack in t20 cricket. What a contrast haha
afternoon jimbo please don't get king dave started Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 27 Jun 2015, 3:24 pm

Olly wrote:Moan about zaf all you want but he is the rockbehind most of our innings
Laugh Laugh Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 27 Jun 2015, 3:31 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:with the beer festival at the ground no doubt sales are up with ansari batting Laugh

There's also the attraction, later on, of Pat Pocock singing! Erm Erm  Any posters here had the pleasure of listening to Percy crooning?

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 27 Jun 2015, 3:34 pm

Corporal - nope. And in no rush to change that!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 27 Jun 2015, 3:38 pm

In keeping with the Surrey scoring rate I am currently waiting for the paint to dry in the back room of the barracks.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 27 Jun 2015, 3:39 pm

A single to Ansari. clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 27 Jun 2015, 3:42 pm

50 to Sir Edward. clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 27 Jun 2015, 3:42 pm

50 for elgar clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 27 Jun 2015, 3:43 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:A single to Ansari. clap
and what a single SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP 1347041234

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Sat 27 Jun 2015, 3:49 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:
Corporalhumblebucket wrote:A single to Ansari. clap
and what a single SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP 1347041234
Very Happy

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Sat 27 Jun 2015, 3:59 pm

Is this an 8 day game?

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:01 pm

batting bonus points who needs them Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:07 pm

I would expect / hope we have to give some credit to Gloucs for bowling well. Going to listen to Churchy for a bit now ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:08 pm

50 for zafar censored clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:11 pm

To be fair, over the years Surrey have faced far more criticism on these boards for failing to build an innings, throwing away wickets through careless play etc in the cc. Has anyone heard from commentary what the wicket is like? If it's very slow and low that could explain the very slow scoring rate.

50 for Ansari clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:13 pm

to be fair corporal it doesn't matter what the wkt is like in four day cricket for zafar Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:17 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:to be fair corporal it doesn't matter what the wkt is like in four day cricket for zafar Wink

Laugh

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:33 pm

2x4 on the trot for zafar Shocked

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:41 pm

Needs to slow down a bit, what does he think this is a t20 game or something?

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:44 pm

and that's it got carried away with himself out the last over before tea Doh
174 for 3 at tea

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 27 Jun 2015, 5:03 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:To be fair, over the years Surrey have faced far more criticism on these boards for failing to build an innings, throwing away wickets through careless play etc in the cc. Has anyone heard from commentary what the wicket is like? If it's very slow and low that could explain the very slow scoring rate.

50 for Ansari clap

Corporal - that's a good and fair point about past criticism for not building an innings. Zaf though does seem to be going a bit too much towards the other extreme. I appreciate Olly's point about him being the bedrock of the innings but he's putting extra pressure on others to keep the scoreboard moving, making bonus points more difficult and, probably worst of all, keeping the opposition interested as we fail to pull away. I would have liked us to have had another 50 or 60 on the board at tea and don't feel that's being too greedy (Gloucs are well ahead of the over rate).

Haven't heard much said about the wicket. I get the impression that it's pretty good for batting without being a complete road but that the Gloucs bowlers have generally been on the money. That said, even Churchy remarked on Zaf missing out on 3 full tosses in Dent's first over which somehow was a maiden!

Anyway, let's try to get on for 300 by close ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 27 Jun 2015, 5:58 pm

Re my last post and keeping Gloucs interested as we fail to pull away.

Elgar gone for 98 and we're now 211/4. Gloucs right back in this game ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 27 Jun 2015, 5:59 pm

Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 27 Jun 2015, 6:06 pm

25 overs to get 172 Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next