The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+6
Duty281
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
10 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 17 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri 23 Sep 2022, 4:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

I never ratified Duty's membership on the grounds that he's a w*nking w*nk.  

Do you get a veto like the UN security council then?

Only on grounds of whether or not someone is a frequent self-abuser.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 17 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu 22 Dec 2022, 11:28 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:I live in an apartment complex so don't have to take the bins out myself, but am growing increasingly frustrated at the Russian and Chinese tenants who don't grasp the concept of flatpacking boxes. I've considered visiting the offending flats but am afraid of being beaten up and so bravely suffer my fury in silence.

'Apartment complex'. F'uck off, you w'anker.

I think that somebody has an apartment complex complex.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 17 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Thu 22 Dec 2022, 11:30 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:I live in an apartment complex so don't have to take the bins out myself, but am growing increasingly frustrated at the Russian and Chinese tenants who don't grasp the concept of flatpacking boxes. I've considered visiting the offending flats but am afraid of being beaten up and so bravely suffer my fury in silence.

I think that somebody has an apartment complex complex.

Not me, I'm just a little flat.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 22 Dec 2022, 11:30 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

At least he didn't say 'a used condominium'.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

superflyweight likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 22 Dec 2022, 8:50 pm

What's the world coming to, Galted?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/i-m-going-to-shoot-your-cat-annual-scotland-island-swim-turns-nasty-20221222-p5c8av.html

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 22 Dec 2022, 9:41 pm

Pal Joey wrote:What's the world coming to, Galted?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/i-m-going-to-shoot-your-cat-annual-scotland-island-swim-turns-nasty-20221222-p5c8av.html

L*l out loud. I just can't understand how anyone would want to shoot a cat.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 22 Dec 2022, 11:23 pm

Galted wrote:

L*l out loud.  I just can't understand how anyone would want to shoot a cat.

Me neither. What a champion cat.

The utter hubris of those dogmatic canine owners is beyond belief.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 23 Dec 2022, 8:58 am

Fistmas Eve!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 23 Dec 2022, 9:06 am

F'uck. No it isn't.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 23 Dec 2022, 9:18 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:

L*l out loud.  I just can't understand how anyone would want to shoot a cat.

Me neither. What a champion cat.

The utter hubris of those dogmatic canine owners is beyond belief.

It's a local race for local people we'll have no felines here.

Sicond

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 23 Dec 2022, 10:30 am

What's all this shouting? We'll have no posting here.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 24 Dec 2022, 10:17 am

Happy holidays all

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 24 Dec 2022, 2:32 pm

Oi, it's Merry Christmas you woke snowflake. This is a Christian thread, except for when Shah's radicalising us.

Happy holidays.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 24 Dec 2022, 8:58 pm

Happy winterfest, Galted.
Merry Christmas, everyone else.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 24 Dec 2022, 10:24 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Happy winterfest, Galted.
Merry Christmas, everyone else.

That brings back memories. Wasn't it Winterval?

Anyway, happy winterval/fest.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 29 Dec 2022, 10:45 am

The late Bird catches the worms.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 29 Dec 2022, 6:46 pm

Galted wrote:The late Bird catches the worms.

The second mouse gets the cheese.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 29 Dec 2022, 7:43 pm

I'm not Carlton Palmer.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 29 Dec 2022, 7:55 pm

Sorry, my mistake. One of the kids said the Greatest had died so I wanted to be first with the joke.

Turns out it was Pele.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 29 Dec 2022, 10:00 pm

Good work. Have to feel a bit for Vivienne Westwood dying on the same day and being overshadowed.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 29 Dec 2022, 10:12 pm

Pele was undoubtedly the Greatest. No one else will ever win 3 World Cups and star in Escape To Victory.

guildfordbat

Galted likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 29 Dec 2022, 10:17 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Pele was undoubtedly the Greatest. No one else will ever win 3 World Cups and star in Escape To Victory.

He was also at home for the NY Cosmos on AstroTurf. The Greatest.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 30 Dec 2022, 3:08 pm

Been some year for celebrity deaths.

Olivia Newton-John, Ray Liotta, James Caan, Sidney Poitier, Dennis Waterman, Angela Lansbury, June Brown, Robbie Coltrane, Jerry Lee Lewis, Meat Loaf, Gorbachev, Hilary Mantel, Bamber Gascoigne, Bernard Cribbins, Vivienne Westwood, Pele, Shane Warne, Rod Marsh, Eddie Butler, and the Queen.

If I were a celebrity I'd be counting out the last hours of 2022 very, very nervously. Even more remarkably, none of us seem to be any of the above.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 30 Dec 2022, 4:33 pm

Duty281 wrote:Been some year for celebrity deaths.

Olivia Newton-John, Ray Liotta, James Caan, Sidney Poitier, Dennis Waterman, Angela Lansbury, June Brown, Robbie Coltrane, Jerry Lee Lewis, Meat Loaf, Gorbachev, Hilary Mantel, Bamber Gascoigne, Bernard Cribbins, Vivienne Westwood, Pele, Shane Warne, Rod Marsh, Eddie Butler, and the Queen.

If I were a celebrity I'd be counting out the last hours of 2022 very, very nervously. Even more remarkably, none of us seem to be any of the above.

Not quite true, Tino died several times during the year but, in true Tino style, he didn't let it get him down.

I'm a bit worried that Julius might have been Pele or Westwood.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 30 Dec 2022, 6:04 pm

Galted wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Been some year for celebrity deaths.

Not quite true, Tino died several times during the year but, in true Tino style, he didn't let it get him down.

I'm a bit worried that Julius might have been Pele or Westwood.

Good old Tino.

Julius probably was Pele, it would explain his absence on these boards from 1958-1970.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

alfie and Galted like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 30 Dec 2022, 10:04 pm

Only a little under 12 hours to go until the Kiddies' Fireworks at 9pm... then another agonising 3 hour wait for the main show.

Honestly, wouldn't we be better off using lasers, lights and drones?
Probably not. A bit more noise and smoke never harmed anyone or startled any animals.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sat 31 Dec 2022, 10:43 am

Sh*t a brick, now Pope is dead.

I really hope they don't try moving Root back to bat at number 3.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 31 Dec 2022, 10:59 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Sh*t a brick, now Pope is dead.

Don't think Rick and the Saudis will be too impressed either, having to look for a new keeper.

The last death of the year is the celebrity version of the thread split.  Pope blinked first with a long time still to go, I reckon Ferrell will take it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 31 Dec 2022, 11:03 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Sh*t a brick, now Pope is dead.

What a year. Too much cricket. It's hard to keep up with it all. I really don't know how I manage to do so.

One less Hitler Youth, I guess, Tino.

Might also mention Duty left Shinzo Abe off from his quite comprehensive list.
And the sweet Judith Durham too. He must be in a world of his own making.

Barbara Walters too I see.

Lots of local fireworks going off over my head here... about an hour ago. They seem to be getting more and more elaborate each year. Could of sworn I witnessed a giant sunburst from someone's backyard a few doors down. A few real fizzers too.

Everyone has their music cranked up to maximum volume. Me included. May as well join in the competition for most noise if that's what's required.

Have a great New Year everyone!
See you all in 2023... hopefully not Under the Sea.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Galted likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 01 Jan 2023, 4:24 am

Yeah Happy New Year to anyone on here who hasn't died yet angel

Hope all those overdone NSW fireworks didn't upset PJ's spider collection ?  Fortunate here we are insulated from the noisy b...ars in the CBD by some strategically placed blocks of flats , so peaceful enough for my wife to drift off to sleep by 11.30 and leave me to peacefully see in 2023 with just the cat for company...

Here's to a better year for the world in general ,eh ?

alfie

Pal Joey and lostinwales like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 01 Jan 2023, 10:55 am

Happy New Year!
Anyone got any pointers on how to make the most of it? I think there is one left.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 01 Jan 2023, 12:11 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Happy New Year!
Anyone got any pointers on how to make the most of it? I think there is one left.

Just speak the truth, Ruth. Where there's no smoke there's usually no fire.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 01 Jan 2023, 8:04 pm

alfie wrote:Yeah Happy New Year to anyone on here who hasn't died yet  angel

Hope all those overdone NSW fireworks didn't upset PJ's spider collection ?  Fortunate here we are insulated from the noisy b...ars in the CBD by some strategically placed blocks of flats , so peaceful enough for my wife to drift off to sleep by 11.30 and leave me to peacefully see in 2023 with just the cat for company...

Here's to a better year for the world in general ,eh ?

... and a large whisky I trust, Alfie.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 01 Jan 2023, 8:25 pm

Apologies for a somewhat serious Music post but thought this was worth sharing. 

An impromptu gig was arranged and played last night at nearby (to me anyway) Woking Leisure Centre by a localish resident with funds raised going to support his drink and drugs addiction charities. He played in front of just a few hundred locals who were in the know (I obviously wasn't one of them). Oh, and the guy? Eric Clapton. Pretty cool, I thought.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 02 Jan 2023, 8:42 am

guildfordbat wrote:Apologies for a somewhat serious Music post but thought this was worth sharing. 

An impromptu gig was arranged and played last night at nearby (to me anyway) Woking Leisure Centre by a localish resident with funds raised going to support his drink and drugs addiction charities. He played in front of just a few hundred locals who were in the know (I obviously wasn't one of them). Oh, and the guy? Eric Clapton. Pretty cool, I thought.

That's setting a very high bar for posts for 2023.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 02 Jan 2023, 10:49 am

Galted wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:Apologies for a somewhat serious Music post but thought this was worth sharing. 

Don't fret, Galted. Soon bring it down. Start with this one -

Anyone else think Dry January is draging on a bit?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 02 Jan 2023, 11:42 am

guildfordbat wrote:
Galted wrote:

Don't fret, Galted. Soon bring it down. Start with this one -

Anyone else think Dry January is draging on a bit?

You do know that nobody is forcing you to opt in to things like 'Dry January' don't you?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 02 Jan 2023, 12:06 pm

It's dragging on a lot. I first did dry January a few years ago to annoy Galtova that I could do it so easily. I now feel obliged to opt in each year and each one is more unpleasant and seemingly longer.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 02 Jan 2023, 12:35 pm

I did a "Dry 1st January" ... That was quite enough thank you so have had a glass or two this evening...

All things in moderation , eh ?

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 02 Jan 2023, 12:58 pm

If the glass or two contain wine I would put them in the fruit juice category rather than alcohol. Don't drink wine myself but have always viewed it as a digestive aid more than a means of solving life's problems.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 03 Jan 2023, 8:31 am

Fist.
The moment the alarm clock goes off on the first day back after the Christmas break is the worst moment of the year.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 03 Jan 2023, 8:57 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Fist.
The moment the alarm clock goes off on the first day back after the Christmas break is the worst moment of the year.

Sicond, and I sicond that. Though, with the way the last few years have gone, I hope that doesn't tempt catastrophe.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 03 Jan 2023, 9:41 am

Morning, happy new year and all that

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 03 Jan 2023, 10:22 am

Happy new year. I do buy into wishing a happy new year, but it is an odd thing to do for such a miserable time of the year. I guess we do it just to remind ourselves that things should eventually get mildly better.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 03 Jan 2023, 11:32 am

Dry January for Superfly just involves eating his Weetabix dry rather than covering them with Irn-Bru.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 03 Jan 2023, 11:52 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Dry January for Superfly just involves eating his Weetabix dry rather than covering them with Irn-Bru.

I reckon he switches from Tennent's to Tennent's top for a month.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 03 Jan 2023, 12:04 pm

I do wet January to help the local businesses.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Galted likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 03 Jan 2023, 3:18 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:I do wet January to help the local businesses.

That's why I keep buying wedding dresses from Tino.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 03 Jan 2023, 6:51 pm

Miserable time of the year? I love January. Beautiful month. You know the worst horrors of winter are falling behind you. The days start to get lighter. It's a downhill road to spring and warmth. And the county cricket, Six Nations, Champions League knockout stages, NRL/Super League and baseball seasons aren't too far away.

Wonderful month.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 03 Jan 2023, 6:55 pm

So basically it's cold and lots of enjoyable sports aren't happening.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 04 Jan 2023, 12:12 pm

That's the beauty of it, it's no longer cold due to global warming.

I'm not the female wrestling channel, by the way.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next