The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+6
Duty281
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
10 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 10 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

I never ratified Duty's membership on the grounds that he's a w*nking w*nk.  

Do you get a veto like the UN security council then?

Only on grounds of whether or not someone is a frequent self-abuser.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 10 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:22 am

Galted wrote:

Bit hurtful that you give other people sh*t advice and not me.  I hope Jeff put his collection of jazz records on it.

You've never asked for sh*t advice. I'd have been happy to provide some.

Had I known Jeff's jazz collection was on the line, I'd have deliberately mislead him, rather than just getting it completely wrong.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 10 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:34 am

Galted wrote:

Bit hurtful that you give other people sh*t advice and not me.  I hope Jeff put his collection of jazz records on it.

You've never asked for sh*t advice. I'd have been happy to provide some.

Had I known Jeff's jazz collection was on the line, I'd have deliberately mislead him, rather than just getting it completely wrong.

Cheers, Tino, means a lot.  So much, in fact, that I'm prepared to ignore your misuse of 'mislead'.

It's possible that nobody wanted the jazz collection and it's all that he was left with after you ruined him.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:23 pm

superflyweight wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-63465597

Looks like supes has been busy

No difference in the before and after pictures.

Only a mile or so from where I grew up (although that estate was considered to be nicer than the one I grew up in).  Has always been bandit country and definitely advisable to check your car is in good working order before attempting to drive through it and if you can, have someone literally ride shotgun.  

Captain of my youth football team was from Kirkton - he once got a match abandoned by starting a fight with all four opposition defenders, which he won, but which resulted in all 5 of them being sent off and the other side being unable to continue.  This was under 13's.  

They are bunch of soft c*cks in Argentina, Supes. Your old Kirkton team would just have carried on and had a 5 aside game.
Spoiler:

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:54 pm

superflyweight wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-63465597

Looks like supes has been busy

No difference in the before and after pictures.

Only a mile or so from where I grew up (although that estate was considered to be nicer than the one I grew up in).  Has always been bandit country and definitely advisable to check your car is in good working order before attempting to drive through it and if you can, have someone literally ride shotgun.  

Captain of my youth football team was from Kirkton - he once got a match abandoned by starting a fight with all four opposition defenders, which he won, but which resulted in all 5 of them being sent off and the other side being unable to continue.  This was under 13's.  

They are bunch of soft c*cks in Argentina, Supes. Your old Kirkton team would just have carried on and had a 5 aside game.
Spoiler:

Or, as happened in our case, continue the fight in the car park and have a fat lad from the other team pick up a corner flag and launch it like a spear at our mini-bus windows because my mate Denny called him a "fat w*nker." As noted above, this was under 13's.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:20 pm

Afternoon, all, last time I played in a Dundonian Sunday league, I spent most of the first half getting kicked to F**k by some chav, so I cropped him back, and he had to go off, and was subsequently replaced by his dad, who spent the whole second half trying to kick me to f**k.

In other news, loving seeing Musk publicly out himself as the bumbling f**k knuckle I have always suspected him to be.

Afternoon all.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:21 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Or, as happened in our case, continue the fight in the car park and have a fat lad from the other team pick up a corner flag and launch it like a spear at our mini-bus windows because my mate Denny called him a "fat w*nker."  As noted above, this was under 13's.

He sounds a bit sensitive. Denny was only making an observation but the sound of things.

Reminds me of a guy we had at school called Gavin King. He played 2nd row and was quite the unit. We had a particularly violent game of rugby once where, during a scrum, one of the opposition 2nd rows let go of his bind and repeatedly punched Gav in the face till the scrum was over. Both teams then had a massive punch up outside the changing rooms at the end. More or less encouraged by our PE teacher. Anyway, Gav then disappeared to the gym and came back armed with a discuss. He burst into their changing room and threw it frisbee style in the general direction of the guy he'd had the running battle with. He missed but probably a good job as might well have killed him.

Gav (genuinely) ended up serving a spell in prison for beating the sh*t out of someone outside a bar in Salford. Part of the beating involved Gav whipping the guy in the face with some jump leads. I wasn't at the Salford incident but I was there when he picked a pool ball up and threw it square in the face of some radge in a pub one night. Not quite full Carlin from Scum, but not far off.

On reflection, Gav could well have been SerialDAVE.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:22 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Afternoon, all, last time I played in a Dundonian Sunday league, I spent most of the first half getting kicked to F**k by some chav, so I cropped him back, and he had to go off, and was subsequently replaced by his dad, who spent the whole second half trying to kick me to f**k.

In other news, loving seeing Musk publicly out himself as the bumbling f**k knuckle I have always suspected him to be.

Afternoon all.

Afternoon riCK. Glad to you representing the North West with those mad Scots.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:27 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Afternoon, all, last time I played in a Dundonian Sunday league, I spent most of the first half getting kicked to F**k by some chav, so I cropped him back, and he had to go off, and was subsequently replaced by his dad, who spent the whole second half trying to kick me to f**k.

Afternoon all.

Afternoon riCK. Glad to you representing the North West with those mad Scots.

I think the old guy nearly had a heart attack to be fair.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:31 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Or, as happened in our case, continue the fight in the car park and have a fat lad from the other team pick up a corner flag and launch it like a spear at our mini-bus windows because my mate Denny called him a "fat w*nker."  As noted above, this was under 13's.

He sounds a bit sensitive. Denny was only making an observation but the sound of things.

Reminds me of a guy we had at school called Gavin King. He played 2nd row and was quite the unit. We had a particularly violent game of rugby once where, during a scrum, one of the opposition 2nd rows let go of his bind and repeatedly punched Gav in the face till the scrum was over. Both teams then had a massive punch up outside the changing rooms at the end. More or less encouraged by our PE teacher. Anyway, Gav then disappeared to the gym and came back armed with a discuss. He burst into their changing room and threw it frisbee style in the general direction of the guy he'd had the running battle with. He missed but probably a good job as might well have killed him.

Gav (genuinely) ended up serving a spell in prison for beating the sh*t out of someone outside a bar in Salford. Part of the beating involved Gav whipping the guy in the face with some jump leads. I wasn't at the Salford incident but I was there when he picked a pool ball up and threw it square in the face of some radge in a pub one night. Not quite full Carlin from Scum, but not far off.

OK, I reckon it was a javelin.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:32 pm

superflyweight wrote:

This the kind of content I visit the internet for.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:34 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

l*l. I'm leaving that in there as your response is rather good.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:34 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

L*l out loud.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:40 pm

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

It gets better, Galted. They weren't even Gav's jump leads! l*l. PMSL. LMFAO. Who would have thought it! Not even his jump leads!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:43 pm

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

It gets better, Galted. They weren't even Gav's jump leads! l*l. PMSL. LMFAO. Who would have thought it! Not even his jump leads!

ROFL. There owner must of been fuuuuuuuming!!!!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:30 am

Fist.

Deserved michaelsing yesterday. What I should have typed was 'feeeewwwwwmin'.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:28 am

A few good min?
Sicond.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:30 am

Understanding your references is a mission impossible.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:46 am

Galted wrote:Understanding your references is a mission impossible.

C'mon Galted, Jules is a legend.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:15 pm

superflyweight wrote:

And perhaps the greatest moralistic crusader super hero of our times.

When he discards his slippers, puts the cat back outside and dons his cape and deerstalker hat... the world is already a better place.
And that's all before he strides confidently to the front gate, checking for any mail and properly discarding any junk leaflets into the correct bin.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:46 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Very good, that's a top pun.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:57 pm

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Very good, that's a top pun.

Well done in bringing the thread back on point, despite PJ's efforts to derail it. Must be because he's from a rogue nation.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:39 pm

Nice to see Garang Kuol get a run out for the Socceroos, Peej.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:26 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Nice to see Garang Kuol get a run out for the Socceroos, Peej.

My Geordie mate from our cricket team was absolutely jazzed about this kid joining Newcastle. The WhatsApp group was alive with Garang Kuol stories. He'd never seen him so much as kick a football but he is definitely the next Messi.

Had to remind him that Geordies should be seen (small doses) and not heard.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:37 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Nice to see Garang Kuol get a run out for the Socceroos, Peej.

I've hardly heard of him, rick. I wish him well.

With a name like an Egyptian energy drink he should have some stamina.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:00 pm

He's an amazing prospect from what I've read and the very little I've seen. Hope the Aussies go well at the football World Cup, but they've got a tough group.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:24 pm

Duty281 wrote:He's an amazing prospect from what I've read and the very little I've seen. Hope the Aussies go well at the football World Cup, but they've got a tough group.

They'll be lucky to get by Tunisia... but it's possible. Denmark will be a step up and then France. Hope it's not a total blowout.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:00 am

My Geordie mate from our cricket team was absolutely jazzed about this kid joining Newcastle. The WhatsApp group was alive with Garang Kuol stories. He'd never seen him so much as kick a football but he is definitely the next Messi.

Had to remind him that Geordies should be seen (small doses) and not heard.

This was primarily due to a video of him basically skinning the whole Barcelona team and then missing, and one great one touch goal. He also joined the away fans at a game when he got signed, which auto gains legend status.

Though his, albeit brief, highlight reel does look good.

Fist, notches.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:59 pm

Sicond. A bit disappointed that Rick didn't start with a Tom Cruise pun as it's far and away the easiest topic for punning that we've had.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:04 pm

Galted wrote:Sicond. A bit disappointed that Rick didn't start with a Tom Cruise pun as it's far and away the easiest topic for punning that we've had.

It's easy, but punning should be treated with respect as it can be a risky business.

Tird.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:16 pm

Galted wrote:Sicond. A bit disappointed that Rick didn't start with a Tom Cruise pun as it's far and away the easiest topic for punning that we've had.

MaveRiCK.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:51 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

MaveRiCK.

Yeah, but he has all the right moves.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:33 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:

As opposed to highlight reels that make players look terrible?

Just got back from London. Despite having worked there for years, it still f*cking terrifies me. Went to the IWM to see the Churchill war rooms and museum. I can recommend it. I'm sure Galted has already been.

My only disappointment was the journey didn't involve taking the Northern line.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:37 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:

Just got back from London. Despite having worked there for years, it still f*cking terrifies me. Went to the IWM to see the Churchill war rooms and museum. I can recommend it. I'm sure Galted has already been.

Fist.

I know what you mean, I had to go into the city one morning last week, was pretty terrifying. To make matters worse the ecoterrorists had just redecorated the Bank of England and so there's probably footage of me scurrying past looking bewildered.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:39 am

Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

Fist.

I know what you mean, I had to go into the city one morning last week, was pretty terrifying.  To make matters worse the ecoterrorists had just redecorated the Bank of England and so there's probably footage of me scurrying past looking bewildered.

Easy to spot by the trail of ladies running after you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:42 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:

OF course not, Tino, that would be silly, would it not? However I think we can agree that some are not as impressive as others.

Cricket is going well.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:50 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

OF course not, Tino, that would be silly, would it not?  However I think we can agree that some are not as impressive as others.

Cricket is going well.

I might put together a highlight reel of my posts. Wouldn't take long.

Cricket is outstanding. Hales is playing on cheat mode.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:34 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

OF course not, Tino, that would be silly, would it not?  However I think we can agree that some are not as impressive as others.

Cricket is going well.

I might put together a highlight reel of my posts. Wouldn't take long.

Cricket is outstanding. Hales is playing on cheat mode.

The group w*nk going on on the cricket board is quite arousing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:41 am

Galted wrote:

I don't think you'll win a Pulitzer for filth.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:09 pm

Galted wrote:

Tino, why don't you f*ck off?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:12 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Tino, why don't you f*ck off?

l*l.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:37 am

No way on earth will I let Tino suffer a 24 hour michaelsing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:00 pm

Galted wrote:No way on earth will I let Tino suffer a 24 hour michaelsing.

Thanks, Galted. It has been rough night hoping someone would rescue me from it.

This place is dying. It will be just us soon. Like the old Culture Cup rd 6 thread.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:37 pm

Galted wrote:No way on earth will I let Tino suffer a 24 hour michaelsing.

Thanks, Galted. It has been rough night hoping someone would rescue me from it.

This place is dying. It will be just us soon. Like the old Culture Cup rd 6 thread.

Quite poignant in a way.  It's like a piece of music starting off with only a couple of instruments and more and more being added, a bit of a crescendo in the middle with DAVE and his misfiring guitar and amp, then the instruments being stripped away one by one until only the original two remain.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:24 am

Fist.

No way on earth will I let myself suffer a 24 hour michaelsing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:46 am

Sicond.
That is all.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:15 am

Tird.

Had a school reunion on Saturday night. Talk about stepping back in time! It was hilarious trying to guess who was who. Some are easy to remember and haven't changed all that much but others have evolved into scary beasts... or complete shadows of their former selves.

I won one of the prizes "Best Encounter of the Last 5 Years" (or something like that) and got a hearty round of applause. I beat some guys who had trekked in the Himalayas, sailed around the world or cycled across Australia.

However, my good old friend (who didn't do so well back then but is now a successful Barrister) got the much coveted prize "Goriest Medical Procedure and Still Came Out Alive" The details are too gory to fully explain on here but it involved his gonads. The funny thing was that his wife was present during the procedure.

He was also involved in a car accident in which 2 people died and he was the sole survivor. Not sure if he was driving or a passenger. Then his legal representative was also killed in a car crash (investigating the site of the original one) a few weeks later in the early stages of the inquiry.

Only 2 more people have died. One was a mate of mine from way back. I'd sent him an email back in 2010 and he was living in the Channel Islands and about to move to Basque country after having marital problems. Reading between the lines at the time I realised he was under a bit of stress. Only 4 years later he was gone... it was quite sad and a big shock to hear his name read out.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:23 am

Morning, all, I think that if you had a reunion for my school, it would need to be in a prison common room or a rehab ward.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:30 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Morning, all, I think that if you had a reunion for my school, it would need to be in a prison common room or a rehab ward.

l*l

Yeah, a few guys have served time. One is still behind bars for getting caught embezzling millions. Got caught not long after trying to buy a mansion by the harbour. Apparently the judge remarked at his sentencing (7-8 years?) that he had shown the worst possible attitude in the dock (trying to shift blame onto others) and had shown a complete lack of remorse.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:42 am

I've not managed to attend any of my school's 10 year reunions. Before each reunion they post a list of who is where, the first thing I do is scan the list for any 'deceased', knot in stomach at the ready.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:51 am

You won't get me, I'm part of the reunion.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next