The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+6
Duty281
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
10 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

I never ratified Duty's membership on the grounds that he's a w*nking w*nk.  

Do you get a veto like the UN security council then?

Only on grounds of whether or not someone is a frequent self-abuser.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:00 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Morning, all, I think that if you had a reunion for my school, it would need to be in a prison common room or a rehab ward.

l*l.

Same here. And those that are left would end up in a massive punch up way before last orders.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:21 pm

This lad was in my registration class for a couple of years before he got booted out permanently.  I'm not going to a reunion until he gets invited as well (assuming he's not dead - which he probably will be).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-37085480

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:39 pm

I miss Union, crazy bar steward.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:46 pm

superflyweight wrote:This lad was in my registration class for a couple of years before he got booted out permanently.  I'm not going to a reunion until he gets invited as well (assuming he's not dead - which he probably will be).  

l*l.

Strong jawline.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:48 pm

superflyweight wrote:This lad was in my registration class for a couple of years before he got booted out permanently.  I'm not going to a reunion until he gets invited as well (assuming he's not dead - which he probably will be).  

l*l.

Strong jawline.

Probably a few more wraps hidden in his lower gums I'd say.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:50 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

l*l.

Strong jawline.

All that gurning as well. Working the muscles.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:03 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

l*l.

Strong jawline.

l*l

I'd also like to quietly congratulate you, Tino (and everyone else following England), on the win in the cricket before we all forget.
It was well deserved especially after the Indian slaughter in Adelaide. That was the highlight of the tournament for me.

Commiserations also for the RL loss against Samoa and the Women's Rugby... which barely got mentioned here.
I see Australia also lost to Italy for the first time in rugby on the weekend. About bloody time! I bet they didn't see that coming.

Looking forward to some more upsets in the World Cup in Qatar and hopefully some public floggings if anyone steps out of line there.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:17 pm

Ben Stokes is a machine.

I thought Samoa were going to batter us, harsh way of going out but fair play.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:57 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

l*l.

Strong jawline.

l*l

I'd also like to quietly congratulate you, Tino (and everyone else following England), on the win in the cricket before we all forget.
It was well deserved especially after the Indian slaughter in Adelaide. That was the highlight of the tournament for me.

Commiserations also for the RL loss against Samoa and the Women's Rugby... which barely got mentioned here.
I see Australia also lost to Italy for the first time in rugby on the weekend. About bloody time! I bet they didn't see that coming.

Looking forward to some more upsets in the World Cup in Qatar and hopefully some public floggings if anyone steps out of line there.

Thanks, Pee Jay. I was quietly confident England would do better than expected in the cricket, hence my sarcastic post on the thread. English cricket fans (English sports fans in general really) can be the weirdest bunch when it comes to the national team. A lot of them get so consumed with what they can't do or didn't do rather than what they can or did. And then apply the most lofty expectations. It bemuses me constantly. I honestly think some English fans of whatever sport you care to mention, but cricket and football especially, would rather they lose so we can carry on with our other national pastime of moaning and whinging. Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist doomed to live an unfulfilled life, Pee Jay, but I can cope with that.

The rugby was a real shame. Both forms but especially the ladies. Cruel end to the tournament. They should be very proud but I doubt it feels that way at the moment.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:58 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

l*l.

Strong jawline.

l*l

Thanks, Pee Jay. I was quietly confident England would do better than expected in the cricket, hence my sarcastic post on the thread. English cricket fans (English sports fans in general really) can be the weirdest bunch when it comes to the national team. A lot of them get so consumed with what they can't do or didn't do rather than what they can or did. And then apply the most lofty expectations. It bemuses me constantly. I honestly think some English fans of whatever sport you care to mention, but cricket and football especially, would rather they lose so we can carry on with our other national pastime of moaning and whinging. Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist doomed to live an unfulfilled life, Pee Jay, but I can cope with that.

The rugby was a real shame. Both forms but especially the ladies. Cruel end to the tournament. They should be very proud but I doubt it feels that way at the moment.  

You're the assistant to the dressmaker - how much more fulfilment do you want?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:04 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:how much more fulfilment do you want?

Any.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:54 pm

Fist.

Not dead yet, just restin'

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:33 pm

Sicond.

Is the rest work or Autumn international induced?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:24 pm

I have not joined the choir invisible.

Tird.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:47 pm

Galted wrote:Sicond.

The job which I just started. Apparently I am now 'the' expert in my little area for what is a very large company, and I am not altogether sure how it happened.

As for the Rugby I find it increasingly hard to watch, which is sad. I did watch the Japan game but missed France in the 6N and the Argentina game and decided I didn't need to see either.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:40 am

lostinwales wrote:

The job which I just started. Apparently I am now 'the' expert in my little area for what is a very large company, and I am not altogether sure how it happened.

As for the Rugby I find it increasingly hard to watch, which is sad. I did watch the Japan game but missed France in the 6N and the Argentina game and decided I didn't need to see either.

If it's anything like the company I work for it's easy to understand how you could be the expert in your area.  Dissatisfied workforce + policy of recruiting buffoons into management = niche.  Unfortunately my company are as tight-fisted as a man of the north in a pub of the south.

Also finding it hard to get into the rugby, the autumn games used to be the highlight of the sporting year.  Not sure if it's being spoilt for choice with prime video showing everything or whether each country seems to be a world xv but I find I'm watching out of habit.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:41 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:I have not joined the choir invisible.

Tird.

Was thinking of ignoring your post so that you thought you had joined the choir invisible but with membership at an all time low couldn't afford to.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:07 am

Thanks, Galts, the voices do keep me company but sometimes they get repetitive.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:23 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Thanks, Galts, the voices do keep me company but sometimes they get repetitive.

Didn't realise you were a bigamist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:17 pm

Fist again, like I did just, yesterday...

Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

If it's anything like the company I work for it's easy to understand how you could be the expert in your area.  Dissatisfied workforce + policy of recruiting buffoons into management = niche.  Unfortunately my company are as tight-fisted as a man of the north in a pub of the south.

Also finding it hard to get into the rugby, the autumn games used to be the highlight of the sporting year.  Not sure if it's being spoilt for choice with prime video showing everything or whether each country seems to be a world xv but I find I'm watching out of habit.

Although that situation seems all too common that isn't how it worked in the company I have just joined. They did genuinely seem to look at my CV and decide I am the right person to be the technical lead in my area, and also that my area is important for them. It is an unusual situation. They are genuinely building an organisation almost from scratch and reckon to be recruiting around 60 people/month (which is why my IT equipment was at a site 40 miles away from the office when I had my induction...)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:58 pm

Our membership now includes two lawyers, an expert and an assistant to the dressmaker.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:13 pm

Galted wrote:Our membership now includes two lawyers, an expert and an assistant to the dressmaker.

And two butchers, a baker and a candlestick maker.

We could start a new society all over again.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:18 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:Our membership now includes two lawyers, an expert and an assistant to the dressmaker.

Maybe from the madness something beautiful will grow.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:21 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Just need to find some cheap and uninhabited land somewhere.
Away from peeping eyes and preferably off the grid if possible.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:19 am

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Just need to find some cheap and uninhabited land somewhere.
Away from peeping eyes and preferably off the grid if possible.

Pick any industrial estate in Runcorn visable from the bridge.

Afternoon, gentlemen

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:43 am

Pal Joey wrote:

I'm not prepared to breed with any of you.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:50 pm

Fist.
I wanna be in the new breed. Stand up, organise.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:35 pm

You want the greatest thing, the greatest thing since breed came sliced.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:19 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:

l*l

Murdishaw or Windmill Hill are inhabited, but not by humans.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:06 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:

l*l

2(l*l)

I've watched 2 zombie movies recently. One American (Day of the Dead 1986) and one Australian (Wyrmwood 2014)

I noticed that the American zombies were relatively better dressed and more orderly in their random pursuit of humans. They were also more unassuming and quieter too - as they crept up and eventually overcame their victims. Only then did they get a bit more vocal.

In stark contrast, the Aussie zombies were more of a rag tag bunch with very poor table manners. They tended to be more noisy when in pursuit.
To break out the the caged compound, the heroes simply threw some rotting scraps of meat away from the gate as a distraction... and the whole horde went straight for it. There was also a bit more in-fighting for the scraps of decaying meat; unlike the American ones, who usually had one victim all to themselves.

What struck me though, is that both cohorts of zombies have very similar ways of moving around (the classic zombie stagger) with the odd one looking upwards and confused (at the sky or ceiling of the underground vault... what's up there I wonder?) whilst the majority of them have their sights focused directly ahead on the human targets. The producers of both movies have nailed this random type of behaviour which is obviously a zombie hallmark (for about 1 in 12 I'd say) who go along with the zombie collective but are not really sure whether they should be there or not.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:20 pm

I tend to find British and Korean zombies tend not to f**k about so much.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:23 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

l*l

2(l*l)

I've watched 2 zombie movies recently. One American (Day of the Dead 1986) and one Australian (Wyrmwood 2014)

I noticed that the American zombies were relatively better dressed and more orderly in their random pursuit of humans. They were also more unassuming and quieter too - as they crept up and eventually overcame their victims. Only then did they get a bit more vocal.

In stark contrast, the Aussie zombies were more of a rag tag bunch with very poor table manners. They tended to be more noisy when in pursuit.
To break out the the caged compound, the heroes simply threw some rotting scraps of meat away from the gate as a distraction... and the whole horde went straight for it. There was also a bit more in-fighting for the scraps of decaying meat; unlike the American ones, who usually had one victim all to themselves.

What struck me though, is that both cohorts of zombies have very similar ways of moving around (the classic zombie stagger) with the odd one looking upwards and confused (at the sky or ceiling of the underground vault... what's up there I wonder?) whilst the majority of them have their sights focused directly ahead on the human targets. The producers of both movies have nailed this random type of behaviour which is obviously a zombie hallmark (for about 1 in 12 I'd say) who go along with the zombie collective but are not really sure whether they should be there or not.

Are you sure that was a zombie film. Sounds like a typical day in the Western Suburbs.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:51 am

No way.

We've had our disagreements in the past but I won't let superfly get (another) michaelsing.

Not on my watch, champ.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:54 am

Thanks. It's knowing you were capable of moments like this that made me almost sad when we thought you had died.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:07 pm

Morning, all, wonder if we we will see the return of Jeff now T**tter is f**ked.

F**t

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:10 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Morning, all, wonder if we we will see the return of Jeff now T**tter is f**ked.
F**t

I sincerely hope so. I generally dislike most 'influencers' but will make an exception for Jeff/Geoff and Galted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:03 pm

Tird. Spending last hour or so at work before I try to travel to Leeds this afternoon baiting super_incel on the golf board.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:29 pm

First t***t I saw on T*****r today was Jeff coming to terms with Musk being a massive f*cking bell end and fearing for his own internet future.

Perhaps it's time for Tino to start grooming him (Jeff, not Musk).

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:34 pm

Galted wrote:First t***t I saw on T*****r today was Jeff coming to terms with Musk being a massive f*cking bell end and fearing for his own internet future.

I'm not on T*****r, G*lted, so I can't. Believe me, if I was I would have been all over him. I think it is up to yourself and r*Ck to tempt him back.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:47 pm

Galted wrote:First t***t I saw on T*****r today was Jeff coming to terms with Musk being a massive f*cking bell end and fearing for his own internet future.

I'm not on T*****r, G*lted, so I can't. Believe me, if I was I would have been all over him. I think it is up to yourself and r*Ck to tempt him back.  

I was thinking of a Navy Seals style cameo from you. Kick your way in and drag him out while Rick and I keep the rest at bay with some covering fire in the form of a limerick or quiz.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:18 am

superflyweight wrote:Tird.  Spending last hour or so at work before I try to travel to Leeds this afternoon baiting super_incel on the golf board.  

Don't think I am in Leeds this weekend, mate, so you should be safe.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:54 am

Just been on the "introduce yourself" thread for the first time.

I think that ticklish guy would fit in here, he seems like a tea society kinda guy.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:50 am

He only made 7 posts before disappearing for good.

Someone probably warned him off. Like Tino.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:55 am

Duty281 wrote:He only made 7 posts before disappearing for good.

That is grossly unfair. I've been supportive of you joining us against the weight of public opinion.

Although having said that, I'm getting serious nonce vibes off Ticklishchap. Even the name is a little creepy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:33 am

I think the replies were more creepy than he was.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:51 pm

Duty281 wrote:He only made 7 posts before disappearing for good.

That is grossly unfair. I've been supportive of you joining us against the weight of public opinion.

Although having said that, I'm getting serious nonce vibes off Ticklishchap. Even the name is a little creepy.

You've been very supportive. But you've also fuelled speculation about my true age, which just isn't on.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:57 pm

One love fist.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:59 pm

Enslaved sicond.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:05 pm

Too late tird

How's it going Galts? Been to the sandpit with junior yet?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:10 pm

All good thanks, PJ. Not been for a couple of weeks, now that it's getting cold there are fewer people there and thus fewer toys for him to steal/scavenge.

How are things down in the SE corner of our flat earth?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next