The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+6
Duty281
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
10 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri 23 Sep 2022, 4:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

I never ratified Duty's membership on the grounds that he's a w*nking w*nk.  

Do you get a veto like the UN security council then?

Only on grounds of whether or not someone is a frequent self-abuser.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 04 Jan 2023, 12:21 pm

Duty281 wrote:That's the beauty of it, it's no longer cold due to global warming.

I'm not the female wrestling channel, by the way.

Sloppy sicond. You afraid of a fist, Duty?

The bit about global warming is no lie, saw that the temperature in Warsaw reached 19 a day or two back, would have been less surprising to me to see a minus in front of the number.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Jan 2023, 12:29 pm

What do we think is more difficult, a 9 darter or a 147?

Less margin for error on a 9 darter but need to sustain excellence for much longer with a 147.

You can rely on me to get this place moving apace and getting to the heart of big 'sporting' issues.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 04 Jan 2023, 12:37 pm

What a game it was last night.

I reckon a 9-darter, I believe they're rarer than 147s. But the holy grail in snooker is the 155 break, not yet achieved in tournament play, but a Thai player managed it in practice last year.

The two games are going different ways as well. Darts still looks like it's on the up and up, while snooker is dying and currently being torn apart by some sort of organised crime syndicate which has wrecked the game in China.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 04 Jan 2023, 12:49 pm

Duty, it's lovely to see you on this here board mate, but you really need to get to grips with the fisting etiquette.

Sicond.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 04 Jan 2023, 1:02 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:What do we think is more difficult, a 9 darter or a 147?

Less margin for error on a 9 darter but need to sustain excellence for much longer with a 147.

You can rely on me to get this place moving apace and getting to the heart of big 'sporting' issues.

I would suggest a 147 is infinitely harder. When I was at my sporting prime I could manage the odd 12-darter but I've never managed a double figure break in snooker.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 04 Jan 2023, 1:04 pm

Have conducted research and found that Duty's not lying, there is such a thing as a 155 break. That's probably more than all my snooker scores added together.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 04 Jan 2023, 1:11 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Duty, it's lovely to see you on this here board mate, but you really need to get to grips with the fisting etiquette.

Sicond.

Good tidings to you, also.

I'll start fisting once you have produced this quiz of yours.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Jan 2023, 1:17 pm

I wasn't aware of the 155 thing either.

I don't think your complete lack of any sporting prowess is a good barometer, Galted.

Anyone with a functional arm and an working eye (rules rICk out) can throw a 12 darter.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Jan 2023, 1:19 pm

Duty281 wrote:What a game it was last night.

Outrageous. The standard for the first 6 sets was insane.

And that leg of arrows was the greatest ever.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 04 Jan 2023, 1:34 pm

There's only one word for it - magic darts.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Jan 2023, 1:36 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

There's only one word for it - magic darts.

I have one word for it also - a tungsten triumph.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 04 Jan 2023, 1:42 pm

The only way that leg can be bettered is to actually win the match with it.

Also I have met both players several times, and can confirm MVG is a bell end, and Michael Smith is lovely, and can often, during exhibitions of other players be seen having a booze in the crowd and a general laugh.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Mind the windows Tino. likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Jan 2023, 1:45 pm

He's from the North West, riCK. Goes without saying how lovely he is.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 04 Jan 2023, 1:47 pm

And how much he likes a beer.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Jan 2023, 1:49 pm

Fairly certain he has pissed in a sink as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 04 Jan 2023, 1:53 pm

100% though with his aim, it would've hit dead centre of the plug hole and hit no dishes.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Jan 2023, 2:06 pm

L*l

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 05 Jan 2023, 9:08 am

Good morning, Gentlefolk.

Fine fist to one and all.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 05 Jan 2023, 9:13 am

Sicond. Somehow I just can't quite get to grips with this work thing yet.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 05 Jan 2023, 10:00 am

Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Dry January for Superfly just involves eating his Weetabix dry rather than covering them with Irn-Bru.

I reckon he switches from Tennent's to Tennent's top for a month.

To steal a joke from a comedian i can't remember, it just means no foreplay for a month.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 05 Jan 2023, 10:08 am

I once lived in a mining town near Durham for a while, and a mate came up to visit, and when he asked for a lager top, the landlord loudly declared that "We don't sell cocktails"

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 05 Jan 2023, 10:19 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:I once lived in a mining town near Durham for a while, and a mate came up to visit, and when he asked for a lager top, the landlord loudly declared that "We don't sell cocktails"

Only acceptable when you're driving and you have a minimum of 7 pints.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

rIck_dAgless likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 05 Jan 2023, 10:28 am

lostinwales wrote:Sicond. Somehow I just can't quite get to grips with this work thing yet.

I've felt like that for the last 35 years.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 05 Jan 2023, 11:44 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Sicond. Somehow I just can't quite get to grips with this work thing yet.

Well then you should have never joined the circus as a trapeze artist, Jules.

Must admit though, I initially did well juggling skittles. That was pretty easy.
However, when the public demanded juggling fire sticks... I too could never quite come to grips with that.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 05 Jan 2023, 11:49 am

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Must admit though, I initially did well juggling skittles. That was pretty easy.
However, when the public demanded juggling fire sticks... I too could never quite come to grips with that.

I didn't intend to become a trapeze artist, I just swung by to have a look.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 05 Jan 2023, 12:10 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

I didn't intend to become a trapeze artist, I just swung by to have a look.

At least we know we'd make better lion tamers than Galted. He can't even keep a domestic cat in check.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 05 Jan 2023, 3:59 pm

Have you ever tried to keep a domestic cat in check?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 05 Jan 2023, 6:02 pm

lostinwales wrote:Have you ever tried to keep a domestic cat in check?

No, but I know a guy who had a puppy in Slovakia.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 05 Jan 2023, 6:12 pm

Domestic my arse, she reverts to a feral savage when she's just the slightest bit Hungary.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 05 Jan 2023, 9:01 pm

I reckon a 9-darter, I believe they're rarer than 147s. But the holy grail in snooker is the 155 break, not yet achieved in tournament play, but a Thai player managed it in practice last year.

The two games are going different ways as well. Darts still looks like it's on the up and up, while snooker is dying and currently being torn apart by some sort of organised crime syndicate which has wrecked the game in China.

Yeah, I've heard before of the 155 holy grail. Also know of a story that Alex Higgins once achieved it in non-tournament play. Maybe, maybe not - infinite snooker ability on his day but with infinite urban myths surrounding him so too often impossible to distinguish what was real and what wasn't before the Hurricane blew himself away.

Doubt it'll ever happen in a proper tournament - the odds of a fellow pro creating the opportunity with such a bizarre opening foul shot must be millions to one. Higgins did sometimes play lowlives in clubs and bars for a bet - just remotely possible, I guess, that someone in somewhere like that created the chance and he took it.

guildfordbat

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 06 Jan 2023, 9:20 am

Spare fist.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 06 Jan 2023, 9:25 am

Brotherly love sicond.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 06 Jan 2023, 9:41 am

Pocketed tird.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 06 Jan 2023, 10:13 am

It is the fort that counts

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 06 Jan 2023, 11:09 am

Shame about Vialli but at least I'm not him.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 06 Jan 2023, 11:38 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Shame about Vialli but at least I'm not him.

Luca the draw.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 06 Jan 2023, 12:01 pm

I love his Four Seasons composition.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 06 Jan 2023, 12:15 pm

Big Girls Don't Cry is a favourite of mine.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 06 Jan 2023, 12:17 pm

B*llocks, dithered too long on my Valli joke and got Juliused.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 09 Jan 2023, 12:15 pm

Afternoon delight fist!

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 09 Jan 2023, 1:37 pm

Afternoon, LiW.

Today so far is the first day of 2023 in which no-one's said Happy New Year to me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 09 Jan 2023, 2:06 pm

Happy New Year, everyone!

Except Galted.

Duty281

Galted likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 10 Jan 2023, 9:25 am

Fist. Just had my first work call of 2023 and initiated an awkward 'happy new year' exchange. Not massively proud of myself.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Jan 2023, 9:39 am

Galted wrote:Fist. Just had my first work call of 2023 and initiated an awkward 'happy new year' exchange. Not massively proud of myself.

Happy New Year, Galted.

Pass my regards on to Wingrove.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 10 Jan 2023, 9:56 am

Tird. I have no seasonal greetings or good wishes to offer.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Jan 2023, 10:18 am

Fort. The only New Year's resolution I have is: click on less and follow fewer less important news stories. I'm simply fed up with it all.

No FB, tw*tter, Netf**x, eB*y, Amazon, Insta, basically everything foreign and local (except for the bare necessities) has been scrubbed from my life.

Feels great.

Pity about that rocket. It looked good taking off on the Jumbo earlier.
Better off launching them here in the middle of nowhere. If something goes wrong then hardly anyone will be affected.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 10 Jan 2023, 12:17 pm

It's Chinese New Year in a week or two and two of our neighbours are Chinese so I might just carry on with the Happy New Yearing into February so they don't think I'm a racist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 10 Jan 2023, 12:20 pm

Rats Of Terror, Rabbits Dragged South, Horrified Girl Must Remember, Don't Panic

Last edited by rIck_dAgless on Tue 10 Jan 2023, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : This is the mnemonic I use to remember the order and animals of the Chinese new year)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 10 Jan 2023, 12:23 pm

Afternoon, gentlefolk.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jan 2023, 12:27 pm

I use -
RiCK Or Tino, Remember Duty Sucks, Hope Galted Might Recover, Dirty Peej

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

rIck_dAgless likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next