The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+14
Shotrock
superflyweight
theslosty
Oakdene
westisbest
navyblueshorts
McLaren
Duty281
beninho
pedro
Soul Requiem
super_realist
JAS
JuliusHMarx
18 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:I am not prone to defending the old firm but what do you mean by not close to CL standard? They are probably pretty similar to other pot 4 teams.

They clearly aren't capable of competing in it, furthermore if they were genuinely Champions League standard they wouldn't have to rely on Russian league expulsion to get in automatically and wouldn't have such a dismal qualifying record against Malmo, Copenhagen, Midtylland etc.

Teams that are CL standard actually appear in it, rather than once every five years. Evidently they are there to make up numbers.
Getting third position is the aspiration and that looks a step too far for Rangers at least and likely Celtic

Fancy editing this one before I go forth and rip the utter Poopie apart point by point?

Not at all. Celtic and Rangers are proving categorically why they are pot 4. They have been terrible.
Unless they do their part in improving the SPL and thus increasing revenue so they can compete at this level they are only ever going to be able to do ok in Europa and Conference, it's clear as day they aren't up to the CL under the status quo.
Not really sure how you can "rip that apart"
Celtic and Rangers are partially responsible for how bad the quality of the domestic League is, but do nothing to improve it. It's self fulfilling and any reasonable OF fan would admit they aren't good enough for the Champions League and unless things change domestically, they never will.
That's pretty reasonable isn't it?

Yes, it comes down to money, but if your teams can't be arsed to improve the product, then expect this every year until your coefficient denudes to the point where automatic qualification doesn't occur.

Rangers and Celtic aren't good enough. It's just a fact.

Ok points
1. Russian expulsion, they were already going to be ahead of Russia in the coefficient. Rangers pretty much over the past 4 seasons dragged the Scottish coefficient from 23rd to 8th FACT
2. Rangers have faced Danish opposition twice since their resurgence, comfortably beating Midtylland in the Europa league qualifying and taking 4/6 points off Brondby in the group stage last season. I can’t and won’t speak about how the other half of the OF have performed.
3. I know this will be painful for you to grasp but the Scottish league is the 8th best league in Europe and in terms of finance is there punching above it’s weight.
4. Rangers were ranked 33rd at the end of last season, at the point of the CL group stage draw they were ranked 29th, had that ranking been used in the CL draw they would have been in POT 3, but for a Ramsay penalty they would have been in pot 1

Saying they can’t compete is utter Love sacks, there is a mile of difference between saying they’ve performed poorly compared to last season and saying they can’t compete. If they ship the same amount of goals in the next 3 games and 0 points then you’d be moving toward a semblance of a point but we’re not there yet are we.

5. Civic.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:55 am

super_realist wrote:What do you all think of schools indulging school pupils "identifying" as cats, foxes and mushrooms?

It is ridiculous isn't it?

Mainly connected to not being able to say anymore " Get a grip and don't be so effin stupid of course you're not a cat you silly boy, just concentrate on getting your work done, this is school and you're here to learn, just stop being a Muppet!!" For fear of parents suing the school for offending their precious child that doesn't understand what the word NO means. A child that they have probably completely failed to parent properly since birth.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:58 am

If the trend of teacher bashing continues we'll end up having to send kids abroad to get educated as there will be so few self respecting teachers left, they'll all have left to earn more money for about 1/10th of the stress.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:23 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:What do you all think of schools indulging school pupils "identifying" as cats, foxes and mushrooms?

Mainly connected to not being able to say anymore " Get a grip and don't be so effin stupid of course you're not a cat you silly boy, just concentrate on getting your work done, this is school and you're here to learn, just stop being a Muppet!!" For fear of parents suing the school for offending their precious child that doesn't understand what the word NO means. A child that they have probably completely failed to parent properly since birth.

None of it really happened as reported though. Any kids doing it now are doing it in response to the media reaction and are doing what kids do and are taking the p1ss.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:50 pm

JAS wrote:If the trend of teacher bashing continues we'll end up having to send kids abroad to get educated as there will be so few self respecting teachers left, they'll all have left to earn more money for about 1/10th of the stress.

Shouldn't the teacher simply ban the pupil from lunch and give them a saucer of milk and bowl of Whiskas in the corner? See how long they think they're a cat after a few days of that. 

My cousin's a teacher. The amount of bending over backwards to not "misgender"  whatever the child is today is absurd

super_realist

JAS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:17 pm

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:If the trend of teacher bashing continues we'll end up having to send kids abroad to get educated as there will be so few self respecting teachers left, they'll all have left to earn more money for about 1/10th of the stress.

Shouldn't the teacher simply ban the pupil from lunch and give them a saucer of milk and bowl of Whiskas in the corner? See how long they think they're a cat after a few days of that. 

My cousin's a teacher. The amount of bending over backwards to not "misgender"  whatever the child is today is absurd

If I were a Head that would be my approach, and you're right it "should" kill the situation stone dead. Sadly the almost certain result would be suspension (by the LA, the governors or both) followed by a sacking for gross misconduct (there would be some clever PC parent solicitor that would gleefully sue the school). The lunatics have very much taken over the asylum. The kids have the whip hand and they know it and we've let it happen. Controversial I know but banning corporal punishment was the start of the long slow slippy slope.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:24 pm

You surprise me JAS. Not the lefty guardian reading  liberal approach I expected you to take.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:25 pm

super_realist wrote:You surprise me JAS. Not the lefty guardian reading  liberal approach I expected you to take.

Pretty sure I've made clear on several occasions that whilst I'm pretty obviously economically left, anti corporate greed at the expense of ordinary working people. In other areas I've got views (like those expressed in previous post) that would probably get me expelled from the Labour party. On law and order I'm probably to the right of most Tories.

At the end of the day I believe in the concept of a fair cohesive society, where honesty, fairness, prosperity and equality of opportunity are championed and rule breaking, dishonesty & greed are battered to a pulp. Idealistic??, hell yeah, and unashamedly so.

The great beauty of politics is someone else could have exactly the same ideals yet promote a completely different approach in working toward them.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:04 am

Pretty hard to get expelled from the Labour Party JAS. Just ask Corbyn, Abbot, Butler etc

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:36 pm

So how long do we think it will be before the former Wagner group leader has a Pulonium or Novichok cocktail for brekkie in Minsk??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:47 pm

super_realist wrote:Pretty hard to get expelled from the Labour Party JAS. Just ask Corbyn, Abbot, Butler etc

Ok I was Labouring the point a bit!! Suspended then.

Bless them they’re trying to appear disciplined as they believe they’re on the brink of power. Truth is Starmer should be able to campaign in a mankini at the next election and still win, such has been and is the ongoing implosion on the opposite benches but we’ll see. Stranger things have happened.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:04 pm

That's the thing JAS.  It's odd that given how bad the Tories are that Labour aren't miles in front. Starmer I feel is going to be a terrible leader. I'd actually prefer Jonathan Ashworth or Wes Streeting in charge. 
Starmers cabinet is pretty useless with Lammy, Dodds, Reeves etc in it. 

I fear Labour could be every bit as bad as the Tories and I don't think being in the pocket of green zealots is going to help. 
We have seen how much Khan has made a mess of London. I don't know the solution but I can't see the next 5 years improving the country, so hopefully I can stay out of it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:14 am

super_realist wrote:That's the thing JAS.  It's odd that given how bad the Tories are that Labour aren't miles in front. Starmer I feel is going to be a terrible leader. I'd actually prefer Jonathan Ashworth or Wes Streeting in charge. 

I fear Labour could be every bit as bad as the Tories and I don't think being in the pocket of green zealots is going to help. 
We have seen how much Khan has made a mess of London. I don't know the solution but I can't see the next 5 years improving the country, so hopefully I can stay out of it.

Even if they do win, yes there would be the initial satisfaction of kicking out this bunch (which I'd take) but beyond that what are they really offering?? It would be like giving an alcoholic Bud light instead of Bud. The country is broken and needs a radical change not some focus group slave who will tinker around the edges and say look at us, we're not as bad as them. Having said that, that (Radical change) is NOT something this country is prepared to vote for (certainly not in the Home Counties). So "not quite as bad as them" is the best we can hope for...pretty rubbish really...but it's our own fault.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:45 pm

super_realist wrote:That's the thing JAS.  It's odd that given how bad the Tories are that Labour aren't miles in front. Starmer I feel is going to be a terrible leader. I'd actually prefer Jonathan Ashworth or Wes Streeting in charge. 

Labour aren't miles in front because politics is so polarised, even if not as bad as America. You have the dyed-in-the-wool righties and the dyed-in-the-wool lefties making up, IMO, most of the electorate prepared to vote, and who'll almost never vote for anyone other than their pet party. All you're left with is the floating voters in the middle, which is nowhere near enough to make much of a difference. I think the 2019 election was an outlier due to Brexit and so many traditional red areas of the UK wanting to cut of their noses to spite their faces - I doubt it'll last.
In addition, you have ~50% of the eligible voters not giving a 4X.

As JAS says above, it's our own fault.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:19 am

Not so sure about that. If that was the case we wouldn't have the current massive Tory majority, loss of red walls or Blair's previous massive majority. It would always be close. Your average voter is simply more centre ground than hard right like Andrew Bridgen or far left like Owen Jones. Those are the minority, but just seem to have very loud voices.

Most elections are won fairly convincingly apart from the Lib Dem/Tory coalition. 

Britain has some terrible issues though. Don't disagree with that and I can't see Labour fixing immigration, housing, NHS, Policing, Education, Infrastructure, Inflation, Cost of Living Energy etc either so Britain is just going further and further into the mire

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:33 pm

Super, you have to think about it relative to the political persuasion of the nation. The UK (England in particular) is a right wing nation. Historically the British vote conservative. Any time Labour get a lead it is against the tide.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:59 pm

McLaren wrote:Super, you have to think about it relative to the political persuasion of the nation. The UK (England in particular) is a right wing nation. Historically the British vote conservative. Any time Labour get a lead it is against the tide.
It isn't "right wing" at all, in the same way it isn't "left wing" if Labour are in. 
Tories and Labour are centre right, or centre left, we don't have right or left wing that the way they do in France for instance or in The Netherlands which is a good thing. It's pretty much centre ground and people tend to lean a bit to the right.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:03 pm

Did you see your idiot Just Stop Oil poshos disrupting pride Mac?
The list of "demands" they gave them was hysterical. These guys are absolute mentalists.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:27 pm

super_realist wrote:Did you see your idiot Just Stop Oil poshos disrupting pride Mac?
The list of "demands" they gave them was hysterical. These guys are absolute mentalists.

Yeah, I saw what those morons got up to. Before pride, JSO wrote to the organisers of Pride and set out a series of 'demands'.

Who are those pr!cks to demand anything?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:03 am

Duty281 wrote:
super_realist wrote:Did you see your idiot Just Stop Oil poshos disrupting pride Mac?

Yeah, I saw what those morons got up to. Before pride, JSO wrote to the organisers of Pride and set out a series of 'demands'.

The guy who ran onto the Cricket pitch at the ashes is the son of a hedge fund manager and lives in a £6m house when he's not "studying" at Oxford.
They're always ultra rich white kids called Antarctica or Etienne who have never had to struggle for anything and who won't even be affected by climate change. Very much doubt any if them have ever had a bill to pay or ever had a job. 
I imagine they've got some sort of 18 hole coordinated attack on The Open this year's 

A total and utter scourge on society who wouldn't actually last 5 minutes without oil and gas.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:16 am

super_realist wrote:Not so sure about that. If that was the case we wouldn't have the current massive Tory majority, loss of red walls or Blair's previous massive majority. It would always be close. Your average voter is simply more centre ground than hard right like Andrew Bridgen or far left like Owen Jones. Those are the minority, but just seem to have very loud voices.

Most elections are won fairly convincingly apart from the Lib Dem/Tory coalition. 

Britain has some terrible issues though. Don't disagree with that and I can't see Labour fixing immigration, housing, NHS, Policing, Education, Infrastructure, Inflation, Cost of Living Energy etc either so Britain is just going further and further into the mire
As I said, the current Tory majority and loss of so-called red wall seats is down to one thing (primarily) and one thing only - Brexit and the lies that went with that campaign. Johnson said he'd get it done (he didn't, and hasn't), but it played well to all those in ignored former industrial areas etc. See also Trump in America.

The Blair Government got in at the end of a long period of previous Tory Government, which was mired in sleaze (i.e. cash for questions etc) as I recall.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:22 am

super_realist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

The guy who ran onto the Cricket pitch at the ashes is the son of a hedge fund manager and lives in a £6m house when he's not "studying" at Oxford.
They're always ultra rich white kids called Antarctica or Etienne who have never had to struggle for anything and who won't even be affected by climate change. Very much doubt any if them have ever had a bill to pay or ever had a job. 
I imagine they've got some sort of 18 hole coordinated attack on The Open this year's 

A total and utter scourge on society who wouldn't actually last 5 minutes without oil and gas.
Tend to agree. The cretin on Sky News this morning (Dr. Someone-Pompous-or-Other) didn't get the point that their campaigning is putting off those they need to convince. They have the tree huggers already and they'll never likely have the climate deniers etc. They need to convince the rest, but their actions are just p!ssing people off to the extent that no-one is interested in them, and in all likelihood, will ignore them even if they believe the climate science and their spokespeople actually say something that makes sense. They're pushing away a lot of normal, potentially receptive people with their self-righteous behaviour.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:04 am

I don't think it's a case of there being "climate deniers" to convince. 
Their issue is they are a doomsday cult and they are making unrealistic and unfounded claims about the climate, which are clearly wrong. 
Their methods of setting out "demands" is turning people away from their over the top activities.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:06 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:Not so sure about that. If that was the case we wouldn't have the current massive Tory majority, loss of red walls or Blair's previous massive majority. It would always be close. Your average voter is simply more centre ground than hard right like Andrew Bridgen or far left like Owen Jones. Those are the minority, but just seem to have very loud voices.

As I said, the current Tory majority and loss of so-called red wall seats is down to one thing (primarily) and one thing only - Brexit and the lies that went with that campaign. Johnson said he'd get it done (he didn't, and hasn't), but it played well to all those in ignored former industrial areas etc. See also Trump in America.

The Blair Government got in at the end of a long period of previous Tory Government, which was mired in sleaze (i.e. cash for questions etc) as I recall.
It wasn't the lies per se, it was that Labour didn't have a Brexit position. They flip flopped their way through the entire campaign and still don't know where they are.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:57 pm

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

It wasn't the lies per se, it was that Labour didn't have a Brexit position. They flip flopped their way through the entire campaign and still don't know where they are.
Thus leaving the way open for the biggest charlatan of UK politics for some time....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:01 pm

I don't think Labour ever took enough responsibility for A) Brexit and B) 13 years of terrible Tory rule due to not being able to supply an effective opposition. 

At least we didn't have Corbyn during Covid.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:12 am

I don't think that many are interested what Labour did as an opposition. Too many were caught up in ignorance re. Brexit (Labour had a conundrum there - traditional red seats wanting out of the EU and Labour trying to win elections) and just, well, being ignorant.

TBH, I don't give much of a stuff about our political system any more. Until, and unless, we get some sort of PR, I'm no longer that interested really. Labour are pretty culpable re. the 2008/9 financial crash in the UK, notwithstanding their bleating about it all being America's fault.

Agree re. Corbyn...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:14 am

There is partial PR in Scotchland and things aren't any better there.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:57 am

JAS wrote:

Super

Please apply some critical thinking. There are no instances of pupils identifying as cats.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:03 am

McLaren wrote:
JAS wrote:

Super

Please apply some critical thinking. There are no instances of pupils identifying as cats.

Sorry you missed it Mac, just because you aren't aware of it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Feel free to look it up. We also have had pupils identifying as horses, the moon etc.
You probably think they should be respected for that idiocy though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:05 am

Super

https://schoolsweek.co.uk/gender-row-school-none-of-our-pupils-identify-as-a-cat/
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:09 am

McLaren wrote:Super

https://schoolsweek.co.uk/gender-row-school-none-of-our-pupils-identify-as-a-cat/

Well done Mac, you found ONE school. The internet is full of idiot children "identifying" as tons of stupid things

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:17 am

super_realist wrote:

Well done Mac, you found ONE school. The internet is full of idiot children "identifying" as tons of stupid things

The world has always been full of children claiming all sorts of outlandish things, doesn't mean they genuinely believe it or that there's any need for pearl clutching. A guy at my school claimed he got a maximum 147 break at snooker despite the fact that he could barely pot a ball when playing pool. Claiming he was a cat would have been more realistic.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:19 am

superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:

The world has always been full of children claiming all sorts of outlandish things, doesn't mean they genuinely believe it or that there's any need for pearl clutching.  A guy at my school claimed he got a maximum 147 break at snooker despite the fact that he could barely pot a ball when playing pool.  Claiming he was a cat would have been more realistic.  

It's more that teachers might pander to it and encouraging this sort of moronic behaviour instead of just being told to stop being stupid.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:21 am

Super

You got conned by Christian right talking heads. Just forget this identifying as cats stuff.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:30 pm

You got conned by Christian right talking heads. Just forget this identifying as cats stuff.
We don't have a Christian right in this country, they're all simpering lefties like The Archbishop of Canterbury.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:12 pm

super_realist wrote:

We don't have a Christian right in this country, they're all simpering lefties like The Archbishop of Canterbury.

Lol the Christian Right are the biggest marketing tool Atheism could ever wish for.

“You can’t kill an unborn child”
“We want the freedom to do so with guns after they’ve been born tho”
Yep praise the Lord, there’s logic somewhere in there…so they would have you believe.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:48 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Lol the Christian Right are the biggest marketing tool Atheism could ever wish for.

Yep praise the Lord, there’s logic somewhere in there…so they would have you believe.
I did say IN THIS COUNTRY Jas meaning the UK. 
I really don't see any significant right wing evangelical Christian movement here which is in any way comparable to anti abortion gun toting bible thumping redneck Republicans in America.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:01 pm

Super

The cat nonsense came from a combination of the anti-woke, anti-lgbt, religious types. Not sure why you wouldn't just disavow yourself from identifying as cats stuff?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:01 pm

The cat nonsense came from a combination of the anti-woke, anti-lgbt, religious types. Not sure why you wouldn't just disavow yourself from identifying as cats stuff?
What evidence is there that being anti woke or don't think a trans woman is an actual woman makes you religious or even more likely to be religious? Religion, especially in a Christian context in the UK is effectively dead.

This country (UK) is majority irreligious and the majority of people don't subscribe that you can identify as anything you like, or rather that of you identify as something anyone else should humour you, where exactly does the religion come into it in a UK context?

Considering there is multiple examples of kids identifying as stupid things, and more worryingly teachers willing to indulge them (which is actually the point here) I don't think you can say they are all  "hoaxes" even if one might have been.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:07 pm

Super

I'll get to your questions above, but before that I just want you to acknowledge no kid tried to identify as a cat? No point continuing this conversation if we can't get past that.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:18 pm

I'll get to your questions above, but before that I just want you to acknowledge no kid tried to identify as a cat? No point continuing this conversation if we can't get past that.
You mean they identify WITH cats? Is that the distinction you want to make? Like those "furries" idiots?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:31 pm

Super

What you are being asked is whether you think any child has identified as a cat in the same way that people identify with their gender?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:41 am

What you are being asked is whether you think any child has identified as a cat in the same way that people identify with their gender?
It would seem there has been Mac, perhaps not at Rye school, but certainly seems to be enough stories around about that happening in other places.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:08 am

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I did say IN THIS COUNTRY Jas meaning the UK. 
I really don't see any significant right wing evangelical Christian movement here which is in any way comparable to anti abortion gun toting bible thumping redneck Republicans in America.

True we have much quirkier right wing loonies (equally hypocritical though) who peddle anti foreigner drivel whilst investing abroad in the very countries they demonise. Who demonise welfare "scroungers" for bleeding the state dry whilst stashing their own wealth in the Cayman islands and Panama to avoid contributing to the very system they say others are gaming. At least the American loonies are upfront in your face crazy, their British cousins are much more two faced lying Poopie.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:30 am

No hypocrites on the left though?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:06 am

super_realist wrote:

It would seem there has been Mac, perhaps not at Rye school, but certainly seems to be enough stories around about that happening in other places.

You say it would seem there have been instances of pupils identifying as cats, as if it were there gender, but I can't find any confirmation of this. Could you point me towards some sources that make you think this has actually happened?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:41 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:

You say it would seem there have been instances of pupils identifying as cats, as if it were there gender, but I can't find any confirmation of this. Could you point me towards some sources that make you think this has actually happened?
Who cares if it's comparable with identifying with gender? Isn't the point they are being indulged in this  issue by teachers who should be telling them to sort themselves out?

You seem hung up on gender here.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:09 pm

The reason it matters that people have been comparing this with gender identity is because it is a way to undermine trans people. You have to know the argument goes something along the lines of if people can identify as cats then transgenderism is just as ridiculous.

But whatever the motives for the cat stuff is, do you have any link I could check out that actually confirms pupils identified as cats?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:13 pm

super_realist wrote:No hypocrites on the left though?

Not saying there aren't any but an example would be good.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:19 pm

McLaren wrote:The reason it matters that people have been comparing this with gender identity is because it is a way to undermine trans people. You have to know the argument goes something along the lines of if people can identify as cats then transgenderism is just as ridiculous.

But whatever the motives for the cat stuff is, do you have any link I could check out that actually confirms pupils identified as cats?

I don't think this whole thing is about kids identifying as whatever, when you boil it all down it's really about poor parenting. The inability to provide parental guidance, the inability to say no, defending the indefensible when a kid has done wrong etc etc.

Kids are kids and kids will make stuff up, it's a parents job to guide them, correct them not take them seriously when they're talking Poopie.

It NOT a teachers job to be a parent either.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next