The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+14
Shotrock
superflyweight
theslosty
Oakdene
westisbest
navyblueshorts
McLaren
Duty281
beninho
pedro
Soul Requiem
super_realist
JAS
JuliusHMarx
18 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Oct 2022, 3:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:I am not prone to defending the old firm but what do you mean by not close to CL standard? They are probably pretty similar to other pot 4 teams.

They clearly aren't capable of competing in it, furthermore if they were genuinely Champions League standard they wouldn't have to rely on Russian league expulsion to get in automatically and wouldn't have such a dismal qualifying record against Malmo, Copenhagen, Midtylland etc.

Teams that are CL standard actually appear in it, rather than once every five years. Evidently they are there to make up numbers.
Getting third position is the aspiration and that looks a step too far for Rangers at least and likely Celtic

Fancy editing this one before I go forth and rip the utter Poopie apart point by point?

Not at all. Celtic and Rangers are proving categorically why they are pot 4. They have been terrible.
Unless they do their part in improving the SPL and thus increasing revenue so they can compete at this level they are only ever going to be able to do ok in Europa and Conference, it's clear as day they aren't up to the CL under the status quo.
Not really sure how you can "rip that apart"
Celtic and Rangers are partially responsible for how bad the quality of the domestic League is, but do nothing to improve it. It's self fulfilling and any reasonable OF fan would admit they aren't good enough for the Champions League and unless things change domestically, they never will.
That's pretty reasonable isn't it?

Yes, it comes down to money, but if your teams can't be arsed to improve the product, then expect this every year until your coefficient denudes to the point where automatic qualification doesn't occur.

Rangers and Celtic aren't good enough. It's just a fact.

Ok points
1. Russian expulsion, they were already going to be ahead of Russia in the coefficient. Rangers pretty much over the past 4 seasons dragged the Scottish coefficient from 23rd to 8th FACT
2. Rangers have faced Danish opposition twice since their resurgence, comfortably beating Midtylland in the Europa league qualifying and taking 4/6 points off Brondby in the group stage last season. I can’t and won’t speak about how the other half of the OF have performed.
3. I know this will be painful for you to grasp but the Scottish league is the 8th best league in Europe and in terms of finance is there punching above it’s weight.
4. Rangers were ranked 33rd at the end of last season, at the point of the CL group stage draw they were ranked 29th, had that ranking been used in the CL draw they would have been in POT 3, but for a Ramsay penalty they would have been in pot 1

Saying they can’t compete is utter Love sacks, there is a mile of difference between saying they’ve performed poorly compared to last season and saying they can’t compete. If they ship the same amount of goals in the next 3 games and 0 points then you’d be moving toward a semblance of a point but we’re not there yet are we.

5. Civic.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Fri 06 Jan 2023, 6:06 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
incontinentia wrote:

Pretty shocking by today's standards, but no-one in the studio seemed to bat an eyelid at the time. The comment is at 1:00.
Umm, this was 1990, ~32 years ago. Yep, a pretty dire remark, but can understand why it didn't cause the same furore then.

It sounded more like he got his tongue twisted than he actually intended to say the N Word.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 06 Jan 2023, 1:51 pm

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
incontinentia wrote:

Pretty shocking by today's standards, but no-one in the studio seemed to bat an eyelid at the time. The comment is at 1:00.
Umm, this was 1990, ~32 years ago. Yep, a pretty dire remark, but can understand why it didn't cause the same furore then.

It sounded more like he got his tongue twisted than he actually intended to say the N Word.
You think?! Nah, he said what we think he said. Still, I'm not sure what the point of the OP was really, given the time elapsed...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 06 Jan 2023, 2:42 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
incontinentia wrote:

You think?! Nah, he said what we think he said. Still, I'm not sure what the point of the OP was really, given the time elapsed...
I couldn't quite make out what he said, perhaps Garth Crook didn't either because even in 1990, no one would stand for the word Ni**er being used.
It was the time at which there was outrage at Rangers fans throwing bananas at their own black players, so can't see how this would go unchallenged unless it was obvious it was not intended as such a slur.

Surprised Mac and Beninho haven't piped up to demand a fatwah against Sir Geoff

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 06 Jan 2023, 3:57 pm

It was a fairly common saying for much of the 20th century (and possibly before) so (a) Hurst probably said it without thinking and probably with no racist malice intended, and (b) Crooks and Wilson had probably heard it before and it didn't register.

Obviously right that it's fallen out of usage and deemed to be unacceptable, but no grounds for a retrospective witch-hunt.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 06 Jan 2023, 4:02 pm

superflyweight wrote:It was a fairly common saying for much of the 20th century (and possibly before) so (a) Hurst probably said it without thinking and probably with no racist malice intended, and (b) Crooks and Wilson had probably heard it before and it didn't register.  

Obviously right that it's fallen out of usage and deemed to be unacceptable, but no grounds for a retrospective witch-hunt.  

It was certainly apropos of nothing.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 06 Jan 2023, 7:11 pm

I just thought it was interesting, certainly not calling for a witch hunt.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 07 Jan 2023, 2:59 pm

incontinentia wrote:I just thought it was interesting, certainly not calling for a witch hunt.
Fair point. It's definitely interesting how times change.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 08 Jan 2023, 6:36 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
incontinentia wrote:I just thought it was interesting, certainly not calling for a witch hunt.

I couldn't make out what he said, so Iooked it up. "N*gger in the woodpile".

I hadn't heard this expression before but I was surprised it went unchallenged in 1990. Surprised the woke archaeologists aren't asking for his knighthood to be rescinded and his WC Winners status revoked.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 08 Jan 2023, 9:22 am

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

I hadn't heard this expression before but I was surprised it went unchallenged in 1990. Surprised the woke archaeologists aren't asking for his knighthood to be rescinded and his WC Winners status revoked.

Same. It was an antiquated phrase in 1990 and had probably all but disappeared from the lexicon at that point.

Nowadays the woke police are more preoccupied with silly stuff like the Jeremy Lin 'chink in the armour' controversy from a few years back.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 08 Jan 2023, 9:25 am

incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Same. It was an antiquated phrase in 1990 and had probably all but disappeared from the lexicon at that point.

Nowadays the woke police are more preoccupied with silly stuff like the Jeremy Lin 'chink in the armour' controversy from a few years back.

Or Guerilla tennis.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 08 Jan 2023, 12:22 pm

super_realist wrote:
Or Guerilla tennis.
A reference to the Williams sisters, or am I racist for drawing that conclusion?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 08 Jan 2023, 5:46 pm

incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Or Guerilla tennis.
A reference to the Williams sisters, or am I racist for drawing that conclusion?

You disgusting sexist, racist, mysogynistic, transphobe. I hope you lose your job. Whistle

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 10 Jan 2023, 11:00 am

What is Prince Harry's deal? Is he a normal decent guy who is a bit too impressionable and has allowed himself to be co-erced by the wicked witch of wokeness.... or is he just a backstabbing c*nt?

He always seemed like a cool guy to me.. doing drugs, wearing nazi clobber and blasting Taliban insurgents to bits in his apache helicopter were all in a day's work for him. At some stage he seems to have morphed into a ringing wet liberal who has been p*ssy-whipped beyond all recognition. He even has rescue hens for christ sake!! Sad to see...
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Jan 2023, 11:33 am

He's a moronic, narcissistic, hypocritical, out of touch c**t, and so is his ghastly wife.
The degree to which he is complaining is so one eyed and screams first world problems.

He's also a liar, he said he didn't say the Royal Family were racist, yet accepted an award for..........standing up to racism in the Royal Family . His boast of killing 25 Taliban arses was also stupid.

He's also bought into all this Californian "therapy" crap.

Hateful couple, and like James Cordon, I hope America keep them.

super_realist

navyblueshorts, BlueCoverman, Duty281 and incontinentia like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 10 Jan 2023, 11:45 am

Not often you see someone claim that someone is out of touch and then use the word 'ghastly' in the same sentence.

Will need to check with my oldest daughter to see if all the cool kids are saying 'ghastly' these days.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Jan 2023, 11:56 am

superflyweight wrote:Not often you see someone claim that someone is out of touch and then use the word 'ghastly' in the same sentence.  

Will need to check with my oldest daughter to see if all the cool kids are saying 'ghastly' these days.  

It was either ghastly or "c*ntish".

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 10 Jan 2023, 1:09 pm

super_realist wrote:He's a moronic, narcissistic, hypocritical, out of touch c**t, and so is his ghastly wife.
The degree to which he is complaining is so one eyed and screams first world problems.

He's also a liar, he said he didn't say the Royal Family were racist, yet accepted an award for..........standing up to racism in the Royal Family . His boast of killing 25 Taliban arses was also stupid.

He seems to be using the books/interviews/netflix shows as a form of therapy, as he is spilling his guts about all sorts of info. He is clearly a bit nutty, he believed Diana had faked her death to escape the paparazzi.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Jan 2023, 2:31 pm

incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:He's a moronic, narcissistic, hypocritical, out of touch c**t, and so is his ghastly wife.

He seems to be using the books/interviews/netflix shows as a form of therapy, as he is spilling his guts about all sorts of info. He is clearly a bit nutty, he believed Diana had faked her death to escape the paparazzi.

Like most Royals he isn't very bright. Can't remember how he contradicts himself at almost every corner and everything he says. Utter tool.

He wants privacy and not to be part of the Royal Family, but can't keep his mouth shut and isn't worth a penny unless he's talking about the Royal Family.
Apparently has £200m now, so can't he just f**k off?

Instead of these insipid, stage managed interviews I'd love to see Andrew Neil or even the usually insufferable Piers Morgan tear that frightful couple to bits.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 11 Jan 2023, 9:34 pm

I don't really give a cr@p about Harry one way or the other but it's amusing to see how people froth at the mouth over him.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 11 Jan 2023, 9:54 pm

With Harry getting shoved into the front of the news cycle time after time, combined with his hypocrisy, idiocy and downright nastiness, such froth is understandable.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 11 Jan 2023, 10:08 pm

Duty281 wrote:With Harry getting shoved into the front of the news cycle time after time, combined with his hypocrisy, idiocy and downright nastiness, such froth is understandable.

That also covers a lot of people in the public eye. And a few on this thread!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 12 Jan 2023, 10:20 am

I don't have an axe to grind either way on Harry, he's clearly damaged by events surrounding his mother but that doesn't make him unique or even newsworthy but still the right wing press & media froth over every detail looking for story after story. Well of course they do. Filling newspaper pages and news programs full of that Poopie becomes a convenient distractionary tool for hiding and or truncating real news stories about how ordinary working people in country continue to be shafted relentlessly.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 12 Jan 2023, 11:04 am

It's not just a right wing thing. He's just a total knob and everything he says and has written for him confirms it.
Clearly it isn't being done to "hide working class repression" that's as much a lunatic thing to say as what Andrew Bridgen said.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 12 Jan 2023, 3:35 pm

JAS wrote:I don't have an axe to grind either way on Harry, he's clearly damaged by events surrounding his mother but that doesn't make him unique or even newsworthy but still the right wing press & media froth over every detail looking for story after story. Well of course they do. Filling newspaper pages and news programs full of that Poopie becomes a convenient distractionary tool for hiding and or truncating real news stories about how ordinary working people in country continue to be shafted relentlessly.

The book was originally leaked by that famously right-wing outlet The Guardian.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

navyblueshorts and super_realist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 12 Jan 2023, 3:56 pm

JAS wrote:I don't have an axe to grind either way on Harry, he's clearly damaged by events surrounding his mother but that doesn't make him unique or even newsworthy but still the right wing press & media froth over every detail looking for story after story. Well of course they do. Filling newspaper pages and news programs full of that Poopie becomes a convenient distractionary tool for hiding and or truncating real news stories about how ordinary working people in country continue to be shafted relentlessly.
I hate to let you in on this, JAS, but not every article in any media deemed right of centre is there in order to distract from the downtrodden 'working class' of the UK...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

super_realist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 12 Jan 2023, 4:15 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
I hate to let you in on this, JAS, but not every article in any media deemed right of centre is there in order to distract from the downtrodden 'working class' of the UK...

Indeed, not as if lefty outlets like BBC, C4, Sky, Mirror and Guardian have ignored it. They're all over it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 13 Jan 2023, 12:59 pm

Ooh how nice to see our lovable right wing media still has some defenders and some support out there, :-p I’m sure we’d all miss their supreme journalistic integrity and balance if it wasn’t there.  

Of course the left of centre publications feel an urge to pile in on the Harry subject as well,  I would suggest for different reasons…gleefully piling scorn on spoilt privilege, fomenting Anti monarchy sentiment, generally sensationalising for the sake of selling papers, equally as pathetic as the other side.

All a bit sad that Queeenies final year was blighted by continual resurfacing peedo allegations against a son and a grandchild spat that she probably knew wasn’t going to end well. I wonder which of those 2 things gave her most pain.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 13 Jan 2023, 1:07 pm

JAS wrote:Ooh how nice to see our lovable right wing media still has some defenders and some support out there, :-p I’m sure we’d all miss their supreme journalistic integrity and balance if it wasn’t there.  

Of course the left of centre publications feel an urge to pile in on the Harry subject as well,  I would suggest for different reasons…gleefully piling scorn on spoilt privilege, fomenting Anti monarchy sentiment, generally sensationalising for the sake of selling papers, equally as pathetic as the other side.

All a bit sad that Queeenies final year was blighted by continual resurfacing peedo allegations against a son and a grandchild spat that she probably knew wasn’t going to end well. I wonder which of those 2 things gave her most pain.

Absolutely. Plurality of opinion is essential for a democracy.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Jan 2023, 2:10 pm

JAS wrote:Ooh how nice to see our lovable right wing media still has some defenders and some support out there, :-p I’m sure we’d all miss their supreme journalistic integrity and balance if it wasn’t there.  

Is there anyone who think Harry isn't a weapons grade arse?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 13 Jan 2023, 4:09 pm

super_realist wrote:

Is there anyone who think Harry isn't a weapons grade arse?

He wouldn't be part of my dream 4 ball that's for sure. That being said, easy to judge someone harshly when you haven't walked a mile in their shoes. I did hear an interesting point this morning about the limitations of "West Coast Therapy" (for the avoidance of doubt Super, that's West Coast as in California not West Coast as in Ayrshire :-p . They apparently rake in shedloads from clients and almost invariably "blame the parents" in one way or another.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Jan 2023, 4:27 pm

That's the thing tje little cu*t isn't taking the blame for anything. Even tried to blame his brother for when he dressed up as a Nazi.
The degree of hypocrisy and self delusion and non existent persecution he has is ridiculous.

It's hard to work out if he or Andrew is more thick. If only Harry and his awful wife were brave enough to face a proper interviewer. I'd watch that.
Some of the things he's complaining about are hilarious. He actually complained about a flat he was given to live in rent free didn't have big enough windows and not enough might came in because someone parked their car too near it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 15 Jan 2023, 4:57 pm

Don't get why people are so riled by Harry. The whole Royal family is a disgrace of an institution and people hate on the one member who points this out? I don't care that he is doing it for his own gain I would take that over a child molester.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 15 Jan 2023, 7:23 pm

McLaren wrote:Don't get why people are so riled by Harry. The whole Royal family is a disgrace of an institution and people hate on the one member who points this out? I don't care that he is doing it for his own gain I would take that over a child molester.

Happy to hate on them all Mac, but Harry is a particularly unpleasant member and real weapons grade plank. Only someone as egotistical as him could try and blame the press for HIS claim he shot 25 taliban. Personally I wouldn't have cared if he'd shot 250,000 of them, it's clearly a stupid thing from him to put it in print.
They really are a brainless bunch of inbreds.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 16 Jan 2023, 11:03 am

McLaren wrote:Don't get why people are so riled by Harry. The whole Royal family is a disgrace of an institution and people hate on the one member who points this out? I don't care that he is doing it for his own gain I would take that over a child molester.
Yep, there you go again. The 'scientist' interested in the 'scientific method' believing everything in a one-eyed, money grab of a 'memoir'. Well done.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 17 Jan 2023, 10:00 am

Another example of woke culture running rampant... I just noticed YouTube has a Cancel button. When you click on a comment it gives you the option to reply, like, dislike, report or cancel!

This madness must end soon.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 17 Jan 2023, 10:08 am

I'll fetch your coat for you

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 17 Jan 2023, 2:31 pm

Uk Govt overriding a Scottish parliament decision. a) The right thing to do? b) A can of Worms being opened? c) Both of the above?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 17 Jan 2023, 2:37 pm

Right thing. Can't have the SNP changing laws that will affect the UK through the back door, so to speak.
No doubt Sturgeon and her fascists will use it to blame Westminster yet again.

Got to say the amount of time and effort spent on trans stuff is pretty ridiculous given how few people it affects.
Sturgeon for example should sort out the issues with taxation, health and education before starting on these "we are so progressive" issues.

super_realist

ralphjohn69 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 17 Jan 2023, 3:13 pm

super_realist wrote:Right thing. Can't have the SNP changing laws that will affect the UK through the back door, so to speak.
No doubt Sturgeon and her fascists will use it to blame Westminster yet again.

Got to say the amount of time and effort spent on trans stuff is pretty ridiculous given how few people it affects.
Sturgeon for example should sort out the issues with taxation, health and education before starting on these "we are so progressive" issues.

I'm thinking it's c) although probably from a slightly different perspective as yourself. First part of your first paragraph I'm not sold on, the Tories have a track record of using Scotland as a policy testing ground that would lead to UK wide implications...poll tax anyone? I certainly agree with your 2nd paragraph though.

2nd part of the first paragraph...EXACTLY. I'd expand on it by saying why, in the midst of a cost of living/imminent poverty crisis and a swathe of industrial relations unrest did the Scottish Parliament think this was anywhere near a priority debate? I'd offer up the suggestion that it was a deliberate ploy to get Sunak to jump into the constitutional trap that he just has so that the SNP can turn round and say "Look, they are overriding a democratically arrived at decision by our Parliament. This is what happens with Devo, we therefore need independence" Dangerously manipulative if you ask me and it puts her in EXACTLY the position that Brexiteers exploited in the Brexit debate. i.e. Nasty big remote Parliament overriding our democracy, shame on them, we need to be free, we need to take back control. That's EXACTLY the line she's gonna start trotting out ad infinitum in the coming weeks. and it's as wrong in this situation as it was in Brexit.

JAS

ralphjohn69 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 17 Jan 2023, 3:26 pm

Totally agree JAS, everything "wrong" is Westminsters fault regardless of whether it's Labour or Tory and every disagreement is just another "this goes to show we should be independent"

After all these years I've still never seen a good financial case for Scotchland being independent. If there was, you have to wonder why the SNP never present it. It's almost as if they relish being in the position when everything they are responsible for is actually blamed on Westminster.
I heard them blame the state of the Scotch NHS on Westminster the other day, it is devolved to Scotchland.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 17 Jan 2023, 4:03 pm

I don't like her, I don't trust her but in an odd sort of way I admire her political nous (to a point). Who would have thought way back when that there would be a time in UK Parliamentary history when the SNP would, for a long period of time be the 3rd biggest party in Westminster by a considerable margin and pretty much own the Scottish Parliament for over a decade.

I'd hate to see the UK break up but the Tories have to get a LOT smarter about how they handle Sturgeon in particular but also the other outlying fringes of the UK. Post Brexit N.I. with the "protocol" is a ticking powder keg Poopie show. As far as the NHS is concerned, how much lateral movement does the Scottish NHS have to vary from the UK? You already complain about Frau Sturgeons Taxation, So between imposed UK government budgetary constraints and electorate demands there's probably not enough latitude to make that much different to make real and lasting beneficial changes.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 17 Jan 2023, 4:37 pm

She's pretty slippery and vile. Her party is squarely focussed on attracting the poorest in society by blaming others for their predicament and refusing to accept any of the responsibility.

She deliberately targets those in Scotchland with an anti English bias and doesn't even try to hide it. Her laughable use of a toy tartan mask during Covid to show how Scotch she is was just embarrassing as was her whole Westminster plus one extra step in her "Elevenerife" Covid policy, which didn't make Scotland any better.

Health and Education are devolved in Scotchland as they are in Wales and instead of spending the extra 4k I would pay under Sturgeons fiefdom going on sorting out the woeful NHS in Scotchland she's spending it on free bus rides for 23 year olds. Health and social care and the legislation thereof has been under Scottish control since 1999, can't blame the Tories for the state it's in now.

I am so glad as one of the small number who actually paid 40% + in Scotland that she no longer gets any of my money.
Sturgeon has it in her remit to do something about the NHS, just as Kim Jong Drakeford does, but no, blame others and do nothing.  

The SNP have the same problem as the Tories, they've been in so long, they have no one but themselves to blame.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 17 Jan 2023, 5:14 pm

Apparently the Scottish NHS is so dire (well the NHS in general is dire) that a Ukrainian refugee, living in Scotland, actually returned to Kyiv for healthcare treatment.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/cant-any-worse-nhs-ukrainian-28943026

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 17 Jan 2023, 5:25 pm

Duty281 wrote:Apparently the Scottish NHS is so dire (well the NHS in general is dire) that a Ukrainian refugee, living in Scotland, actually returned to Kyiv for healthcare treatment.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/cant-any-worse-nhs-ukrainian-28943026

It's just a terrible system in general. The way in which it is treated like a national, untouchable religion is laughable. Even within 5 years of its formation it had to undergo serious reform because it didn't work.
There's a good reason not a single country in the world copied it.

We also have to get past this ridiculous notion that reforming the NHS means adopting a US style system. We could have elements of every other European system that does things better than we do.
There's also massive issues with people understanding what "privatising" the NHS means. Every other European system that works better than the NHS has private/public elements and isn't it funny that those decrying private elements conveniently ignore that GP's are private individuals and work for the practice.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 17 Jan 2023, 6:29 pm

I don’t think it’s a terrible system, the principles are absolutely fine. Trouble is we want it to function in a way that means at a cost the majority are not prepared to pay.

I would always also factor into any debate this thought…what exactly was healthcare like on a practical level before the NHS was formed??. Ok it was a different age and there have been decades of advancement in medicine since but if we’re not careful we could end up back in a bygone age in terms of our healthcare provision.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 17 Jan 2023, 7:13 pm

Lots of things are fine in principle JAS. Time travel is fine in principle, but totally impractical.

It's not underfunded either, it's comparable with many European systems which achieve better results in terms of a cost per patient outlay. I was reading today that the NHS wastes £141m on Paracetamol every year. That's a criminal waste of money. It should never be on prescription.

We always also want to blame the system, but much of the strain on the system is related to obesity and type 2 diabetes, £6.5bn on obesity alone and 10bn on Diabetes (i'm not sure how much of that is type 2 but even if it's 7bn and you allow for 3bn a year spent on obesity/diabetes if people got their finger out of their lazy arses and took better care of themselves you've got £10bn+ which would more than cover a raise in standards and salaries.
It's easy for people to blame the system as failing, but it's put under tremendous strain by a pretty awful population of losers.

It's not about what was healthcare like before the NHS, I'm grateful we have it in the way it's better than pre war health care, but we shouldn't have a worse system than Poland or the Czech Republic.
Hilarious when the far left describe it as the "envy of the world".

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 18 Jan 2023, 12:00 pm

Super

Is there any suggestion from actual legal experts that the gender recognition bill would have "changed laws that will affect the UK through the back door"?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 18 Jan 2023, 2:15 pm

Laws like this are not devolved to Scotland when they set up a situation where it can affect the whole UK as far as I understand, furthermore at the outset of devolution the SNP agreed to this being the case. I think the question is not the subject matter (which i couldn't really give two figs about), but more of a legal matter as to were they were allowed to do it.

Also I think its pretty clear the SNP are doing this to fuel further division. Do you really think anyone genuinely cares about this in the SNP as an issue affecting any real number of people?
Have they really got nothing more to worry about than a few hundred people at most to whom this is an issue?
Its another useful distraction from how badly they are running Scotland.
Who would they blame if the Scotch were independent?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 18 Jan 2023, 2:33 pm

If trans people getting the rights they deserve was a major concern to the UK public then this scenario could never have played out.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 18 Jan 2023, 2:37 pm

Who says it's a law anyone deserves? What is wrong with the current one?

Do you really think there is any really groundswell to reduce the age of deciding what you are from 18 to 16 and from two years to 3 months from actual trans people or is it just this moronic trans activist lobby who don't seem to consult trans people?

Heard a transperson today on radio saying it was silly from the SNP, of course they weren't speaking for all trans people but seriously, how well do you know yourself or your brain at a childlike 16?

SNP should focus on thing which matter much more than a few hundred trans people getting to identify as what they like two years earlier than they currently can. Same with these Stonewall grifters.

I just know this would be a truck you'd hitch your wagon to.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next