The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh 29 - Buckfast & Bollinger

+32
Oakdene
mikey_dragon
Pot Hale
Kingshu
Welshmushroom
Maine man
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Pete330v2
Anglobraveheart
LeinsterFan4life
TJ
EWT Spoons
formerly known as Sam
EST
Mad for Chelsea
NeilyBroon
Collapse2005
demosthenes
RiscaGame
Mcsweens
Hazel Sapling
Heuer27
doctor_grey
Tramptastic
sensisball
funnyExiledScot
tigertattie
jimbopip
bsando
BigGee
RDW
George Carlin
36 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 29 - Buckfast & Bollinger - Page 6 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh 29 - Buckfast & Bollinger

Post by George Carlin Sat 17 Dec 2022, 7:11 am

First topic message reminder :

29 threads. There is officially something wrong with us.

https://www.606v2.com/t70624p1000-glasgow-and-edinburgh-28-and-counting-the-banter-goes-on?ns=7ndk62cdm0w%3D#4069230

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 17 Dec 2022, 12:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 29 - Buckfast & Bollinger - Page 6 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 29 - Buckfast & Bollinger

Post by jimbopip Wed 18 Jan 2023, 6:38 pm

tigertattie wrote:Oh dear.

Rufus McLean suspended by Glasgow after pleading guilty to domestic
Abuse charges. Sentencing at court delayed by a month to allow the court to see if McLean would be suitable for an education program

Apparently Strathclyde Police XV are looking for someone who's fast on their feet. Whistle

Too soon?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 29 - Buckfast & Bollinger - Page 6 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 29 - Buckfast & Bollinger

Post by RDW Wed 18 Jan 2023, 8:03 pm

That is incredibly disappointing from Mclean - there's no chance he'll be staying at Glasgow. What a scummy thing to do.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 18 Jan 2023, 8:07 pm

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scotland-rugby-star-faces-axe-28990372

WTF

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 18 Jan 2023, 8:12 pm

Wow, talk about pathetic and insecure. He needs some serious mental help and possibly a slap. Can't see anyone offering him a contract after this unless his agent can find him somewhere where they haven't seen the article.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 18 Jan 2023, 8:26 pm

There will still be difficult questions for Glasgow to answer on this, e.g.

When did they learn about this
Did they select him to play after his guilty plea

Etc etc

I know it's innocent until proven guilty but it's pretty standard to suspend a player while going through a trial, which they don't appear to have done. Or maybe they did just not publicly - he did go through a long period of not playing.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 18 Jan 2023, 8:45 pm

He has hardly played this season and certainty no time recently.

I would be surprised if he has not been suspended for a while, they are under no obligation to put this into the public domain but will feel obliged to publicly respond now it is out in the open.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 18 Jan 2023, 10:00 pm

I just thought he was injured or something but clearly Glasgow have been dealing with this internally. I wonder what his teammates think about it all? Hasn’t prevented Glasgow from performing.

A much better response from Glasgow and the SRU so far than the Benetton debacle.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 19 Jan 2023, 5:17 am

That is ugly and I cannot see a straight up coach like Smith letting him continue at the club. I’m sure that, as with Paddy Jackson, he may find something somewhere but this will forever be stapled to every future job application and quite rightly.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 19 Jan 2023, 9:23 am

Difference with paddy Jackson was that he was not convicted.

McLean pleading guilty means he now has a criminal record so he’s highly unlikely to be playing at least in Europe where this can easily be checked by employers. He may be able to get a contract in Japan but I have no idea what their checks entail. Hell, he may not even get a visa to work there as I’d think Japan as a country would check for criminal records before granting a visa.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 19 Jan 2023, 9:40 am

Whoops. I'd like to apologise to Paddy and all of his lawyers.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 19 Jan 2023, 12:28 pm

Glasgow team to face Bath tomorrow evening. looks pretty fully loaded.

1 Jamie Bhatti (79)
2 Johnny Matthews (37)
3 Lucio Sordoni (8)
4 Alex Samuel (3)
5 Richie Gray (94)
6 Euan Ferrie (5)
7 Sione Vailanu (8)
8 Matt Fagerson (87)

9 Ali Price (120)
10 Tom Jordan (12)
11 Kyle Steyn (C) (58)
12 Huw Jones (52)
13 Sione Tuipulotu (30)
14 Sebastian Cancelliere (20)
15 Josh McKay (22)

Replacements

16 George Turner (87)
17 Nathan McBeth (13)
18 Simon Berghan (2)
19 JP du Preez (12)
20 Lewis Bean (28)
21 Thomas Gordon (58)
22 George Horne (90)
23 Duncan Weir (129)

Unavailable for selection: Fraser Brown (head), Gregor Brown (foot), Scott Cummings (foot), Rory Darge (ankle), Zander Fagerson (hamstring), Oli Kebble (shoulder), Sintu Manjezi (knee), Jack Mann (head), Domingo Miotti (back), Enrique Pieretto (chest), Ross Thompson (ankle), Murphy Walker (neck), Ryan Wilson (knee).

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 19 Jan 2023, 1:18 pm

Bath side

Bath Rugby: 15 Orlando Bailey, 14 Max Ojomoh, 13 Ollie Lawrence, 12 Cameron Redpath, 11 Joe Cokanasiga, 10 Piers Francis, 9 Louis Schreuder; 1 Juan Schoeman, 2 Tom Dunn ©, 3 Johannes Jonker, 4 Will Spencer, 5 Fergus Lee-Warner, 6 Ted Hill, 7 Chris Cloete, 8 Miles Reid

Impact players: 16 Niall Annett, 17 Valeriy Morozov, 18 D’Arcy Rae, 19 Tom Ellis, 20 Richard de Carpentier, 21 Ben Spencer, 22 Matt Gallagher, Jonathan Joseph

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 19 Jan 2023, 1:26 pm

Sticking with the big back-row, Gordon is still working his way back

Good game to get Samuel and Ferrie involved in. Home european fixture, playing a decent Bath pack and good replacements on the bench if they struggle. Hopefully they can come up with a stormer

From a Scotland perspective, getting to see Redpath vs Jones may determine if one gets the nod against England. Should be an entertaining match-up between two attacking talents

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 19 Jan 2023, 3:58 pm

At the Rec Shug was the outstanding back on the pitch. Closely followed by Stafford. I can't remember if Redpath played...which says it all.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 19 Jan 2023, 8:19 pm

No Bayliss for Bath - he seems to have become a bit part player since Hill signed, yet Toonie still keeps him in the squad.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 19 Jan 2023, 8:33 pm

RDW wrote:No Bayliss for Bath - he seems to have become a bit part player since Hill signed, yet Toonie still keeps him in the squad.

I think Bayliss has been injured, he hasn't played since 31/12. Has played fairly regularly before that.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 19 Jan 2023, 8:40 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
RDW wrote:No Bayliss for Bath - he seems to have become a bit part player since Hill signed, yet Toonie still keeps him in the squad.

I think Bayliss has been injured, he hasn't played since 31/12. Has played fairly regularly before that.

More walking wounded in our squad then!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Fri 20 Jan 2023, 10:15 am

The Jones Tuipilotu centre partnership is back this weekend. Quite excited to see how they perform again. Is Harris a guaranteed starter?

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 20 Jan 2023, 10:55 am

Harris is Toonie’s man and is playing well for Gloucester

I’d say he’s the incumbent 13 still and Simone is the holder of the 12 jersey. Shug, as talented a player a he is, will need to go done to displace Harris who Gregor sees as vital to the Scottish backline defence
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 20 Jan 2023, 11:01 am

tigertattie wrote:Harris is Toonie’s man and is playing well for Gloucester

I’d say he’s the incumbent 13 still and Simone is the holder of the 12 jersey. Shug, as talented a player a he is, will need to go done to displace Harris who Gregor sees as vital to the Scottish backline defence

Simone and jean Paul would have made a great centre partnership.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 20 Jan 2023, 12:31 pm

jimbopip wrote:
tigertattie wrote:Harris is Toonie’s man and is playing well for Gloucester

Simone and jean Paul would have made a great centre partnership.

I'd have said more contesting for the left wing position Run

BigGee
Admin
Admin

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 20 Jan 2023, 1:46 pm

Murray Maccalum gets a contract with Newcastle for next season, he will play out this season with Edinburgh.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 20 Jan 2023, 1:49 pm

It’s no my fault my phone doesn’t recognise the more colourful names of our players.

In other news, additional typos mean that Nel will be playing fullback
tigertattie
tigertattie

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 20 Jan 2023, 9:53 pm

Well that was a funny old game! Glasgow smashed 'em in everything but the scrums and got smashed in the scrums. Bath did nothing but get Scrum pens, Glasgow seemed to run out of steam. Such a contrast in styles with Glasgow running a lot and bath kicking a lot

Tuipolotu had a great game and Jones not bad. Redpath hardly saw the ball.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 20 Jan 2023, 11:30 pm

Well Glasgow made right hard work of that and just about managed to lose it, showing that despite their recent form, are far from the finished article.

Bath seem like a really stuffy team who offer just about nothing in attack, yet they stayed in the game. Makes you wonder how things will be once FR arrives. That will certainly be interesting!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 21 Jan 2023, 9:49 am

From both matches v Baarf; Shona was the best centre on the pitch last night, Shug was outstanding at the Rec, Stafford was a rock at the Rec....Redpath was the fourth best Scotland centre by some distance.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 21 Jan 2023, 1:08 pm

Thought the ref was all over the place last night, and whilst I'm always happy to mock the Glasgow scrum, I thought they were harshly treated last night.

Tuipolotu is immense. Look forward to seeing him in the 6 Nations, with either Jones or more likely Harris.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 21 Jan 2023, 1:27 pm

Poor old Piers Francis, who clearly learnt how to tackle in Edinburgh, did not know what hit him.

Getting a YC in the process of being flattend must be one of the most humiliating experiences of being a professional rugby player!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 21 Jan 2023, 1:42 pm

Thought Jordan's tackle just before he came off was a cracker as well. That Bath guy did not see it coming!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 21 Jan 2023, 2:18 pm

I thought Jordan did well, mostly, but he didn't seem to have a Plan B to unlock Bath's defence. He is a good running 10, and most of Glasgow's plays are off him but you do feel that Dancer would have undone Bath with his variety. God knows who will win the battle of wills next season; Van Graan or Dancer. Headscratch

I was also very impressed with the Squaddie. He is growing in confidence and looks at home in that side.

Last night showed how to nullify Glasgow: the big question is can the coaches develop a Plan B?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 21 Jan 2023, 2:29 pm

I think Glasgow largely beat themselves last night by their carelessness with the ball. If they could have stopped dropping it and knocking it on, the game would have been done by half time.

They then allowed themselves to get dragged into a slugfest in the second half, a game Bath can play.

Still, no damage done fortunately and a decent reality check for a team that is still under development.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 21 Jan 2023, 3:16 pm

Agreed Gee. Far too much ball to ground during Glasgow attacking phases, with Price and Jones in particular being too loose at times. A bit more accuracy and Glasgow would have won. I don't think Bath did anything clever beyond sticking at it.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 22 Jan 2023, 7:53 am

Leinster fans seem bitter Russell is getting all the video
highlights for his break and assist vs them yesterday. It does seem to be more common for some rugby fans to ‘Russell bash’ whenever he does something incredible in a match. Same old comments criticising his game, any flaws, the result, etc. If we had it their way every fly half would be a robot.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 22 Jan 2023, 8:51 am

It does amuse me that a lot of the criticism of Russell is from his early days at Glasgow not the player he is now. Its lazy criticism. He is no longer the inconsistent player taking too many risks. He is now a world class kicker as well as a world class attacker and he is no weak point defensively and has learnt how to control games.

TJ

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 22 Jan 2023, 10:32 am

TJ, agree totally on the misperceptions around Dancer.

However..... Shocked
Warriors have somehow managed to finish second in their group. Yahoo
Which means a home tie in the last 16 of the Diddy Cup ...against? .

Well, Lions/Dragons/Pau/Cheetahs depending on today's results.
The Dave Parade pitch is unplayable today and the match has been switched to their training ground at Ystrad Mynach. The reduced crowd will not favour the Dragons but IF it's an all weather surface that might work against the Saffers.
I fancy Glasgow to beat any of those four at home; the Saffers would have to squeeze in an extra journey which isn't ideal for them, the French probably don't care enogh to send a fully loaded squad. Dragons can't buy a win most weeks.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 22 Jan 2023, 10:49 am

Not only that but Edinburgh are thru even if they get spanked by Sarries

WTF?

TJ

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 22 Jan 2023, 5:13 pm

Well Glasgow have a home tie against the Drags in the last 16 of Challenge Cup

I think we would have settled for that at the beginning of the comp!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sun 22 Jan 2023, 5:16 pm

TJ wrote:Not only that but Edinburgh are thru even if they get spanked by Sarries

WTF?  

Through to the next round of the big cup too.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 22 Jan 2023, 5:36 pm

Fabulous start from Edinburgh, Cherry scores early from a lineout drive

7-0 Edinburgh

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 22 Jan 2023, 5:38 pm

Blairhorn then kicks a penalty

10-0 Edinburgh

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 22 Jan 2023, 5:47 pm

Edinburgh scrum creaking ominously and give away a pen

10-3 Edinburgh

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 22 Jan 2023, 5:57 pm

Crosbie marmallies Jamie George who went in far to high and got a YC for his troubles as well, he won't be back on and lucky not to get a red.

Blairhorn misses the penalty

Still 10-3

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 22 Jan 2023, 5:59 pm

Now Riccioni, their Italian prop does exactly the same thing and gets a YC as well

What is it with Sarries and tackling!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 22 Jan 2023, 6:09 pm

After a series of time wasting scrums, the 2 man advantage pays for Edinburgh and Ritchie goes under the post but unfortunately knocks on in the process!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 22 Jan 2023, 6:13 pm

Well Edinburgh end up with nothing from the 2 YCs then Sarries go back up the pitch and kick a penalty

10-6 Edinburgh

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 22 Jan 2023, 6:22 pm

Sarries are getting away with absolute murder at the breakdown, they should have probably had 2 more YCs for killing the ball.

On the other hand, Vellacott is just not quick enough at getting the ball away and the lack of quick ball is what is stopping them scoring. I guess that is why BV not getting into the Scotland squad.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 22 Jan 2023, 6:23 pm

10-6 at HT, with Edinburgh having almost total possession and territory.

I hope that does not come back to haunt them but fear it might.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 22 Jan 2023, 6:25 pm

I think it will.

Sarries are a dirty cheating team tho

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 22 Jan 2023, 6:36 pm

That's a joke as well

Jamie George, who looked in real trouble after his head knock, was allowed to come back on after his HIA and then was removed permanently by the independent doc at HT.

Different rules for Saracens it seems.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 22 Jan 2023, 6:38 pm

Fabulous carry from Crosbie, who surely must be playing his way into the Scotland team.

Wins a pen for his trouble

13-6 Edinburgh

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next