The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales International Rugby Summer 23 onwards.

+25
king_carlos
Duty281
Rugby Fan
Mr Bounce
bsando
lostinwales
Poorfour
Welshmushroom
Pal Joey
Galted
Collapse2005
carpet baboon
BigGee
No 7&1/2
Heaf
mountain man
sensisball
Luckless Pedestrian
formerly known as Sam
Geordie
doctor_grey
TAFKA The Oracle
mikey_dragon
Oakdene
RiscaGame
29 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Wales International Rugby Summer 23 onwards. - Page 4 Empty Wales International Rugby Summer 23 onwards.

Post by RiscaGame Fri 30 Jun 2023, 11:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

As the pages were going over 20 shortly, I’ve had to start a new thread. This is still the place to discuss the U20s, the women and everything else internationally. Updated RWC 23 squad below.

Forwards (25)

Corey Domachowski (Cardiff Rugby / Caerdydd– uncapped)
Kemsley Mathias (Scarlets – uncapped)
Nicky Smith (Ospreys / Gweilch– 42 caps)
Gareth Thomas (Ospreys /Gweilch – 21 caps)
Elliot Dee (Dragons / Dregiau– 41 caps)
Ryan Elias (Scarlets – 33 caps)
Dewi Lake (Ospreys / Gweilch – 8 caps)
Sam Parry (Ospreys / Gweilch – 5 caps)
Keiron Assiratti (Cardiff Rugby / Caerdydd– uncapped)
Tomas Francis (Ospreys / Gweilch – 71 caps)
Dillon Lewis (Harlequins – 50 caps)
Henry Thomas (Montpellier – uncapped)
Adam Beard (Ospreys / Gweilch– 46 caps)
Ben Carter (Dragons / Dregiau– 9 caps)
Rhys Davies (Ospreys / Gweilch – 2 caps)
Dafydd Jenkins (Exeter Chiefs / Caerwysg – 6 caps)
Will Rowlands (Dragons / Dregiau – 23 caps)
Christ Tshiunza (Exeter Chiefs / Caerwysg – 5 caps)
Teddy Williams (Cardiff Rugby / Caerdydd– uncapped)
Taine Basham (Dragons / Dregiau – 11 caps)
Taulupe Faletau (Cardiff Rugby / Caerdydd – 100 caps)
Dan Lydiate (Dragons / Dregiau – 68 caps)
Jac Morgan (Ospreys / Gweilch – 9 caps)
Tommy Reffell (Leicester Tigers / Caerlŷr– 9 caps)
Aaron Wainwright (Dragons / Dregiau – 37 caps)

Backs (22)

Gareth Davies (Scarlets – 67 caps)
Kieran Hardy (Scarlets – 17 caps)
Tomos Williams (Cardiff Rugby / Caerdydd – 45 caps)
Gareth Anscombe (unattached – 35 caps)
Dan Biggar (Toulon – 107 caps)
Sam Costelow (Scarlets – 2 caps)
Owen Williams (Ospreys / Gweilch – 7 caps)
Mason Grady (Cardiff Rugby / Caerdydd – 2 caps)
Max Llewellyn (Gloucester Rugby / Caerloyw – uncapped)
George North (Ospreys / Gweilch – 113 caps)
Joe Roberts (Scarlets – uncapped)
Nick Tompkins (Saracens – 27 caps)
Johnny Williams (Scarlets – 5 caps)
Keiran Williams (Ospreys / Gweilch – uncapped)
Josh Adams (Cardiff Rugby / Caerdydd – 49 caps)
Alex Cuthbert (Ospreys / Gweilch – 57 caps)
Rio Dyer (Dragons / Dregiau – 7 caps)
Cai Evans (Ospreys/ Gweilch – uncapped)
Leigh Halfpenny (unattached – 99 caps)
Louis Rees-Zammit (Gloucester Rugby / Caerloyw– 25 caps)
Tom Rogers (Scarlets – 2 caps)
Liam Williams (Cardiff Rugby/ Caerdydd – 84 caps)

RiscaGame

TAFKA The Oracle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Wales International Rugby Summer 23 onwards. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wales International Rugby Summer 23 onwards.

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 23 Aug 2023, 11:42 am

What, it's your entire argument? If you agree he isn't good enough then perhaps you should just say it? As I said I'd be concerned if he was in my team, but I know Scarlets have a couple good 9's coming through and hope they aren't made to sit behind Hardy.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Wales International Rugby Summer 23 onwards. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wales International Rugby Summer 23 onwards.

Post by RiscaGame Wed 23 Aug 2023, 1:25 pm

I would’ve tidied this up, if I could’ve got online sooner.

Mikey, your posting style is a little overboard. It’s not good form really, given you have to respect Hardy’s decision. Just because Gatland couldn’t perhaps guarantee him first or second choice, doesn’t mean he doesn’t rate him. Gatland despite his faults, does have a pretty good family first ethos and the likelihood is he would’ve wanted three scrum halves competing.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Wed 23 Aug 2023, 1:36 pm

Mikey your starting to sound a bit like Phill
thumbsup

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Mon 28 Aug 2023, 7:30 am

Did Rhys Webb teat positive for a growth hormone?

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 28 Aug 2023, 3:32 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:Did Rhys Webb teat positive for a growth hormone?

Supposedly from a previous test. I’m not sure the ins and outs but he is going to dispute it, and has been provisionally stood down since.

I always wondered if certain players were on something, they look like bodybuilders playing rugby - especially that one nation…

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Mon 28 Aug 2023, 4:13 pm

The original article claimed the WRU gave it to him. The article has since been changed. But lawsuit incoming from the WRU I would expect!

I think the timing of the test exonerates the WRU to a certain extent, unless Webb comes out and says it was an ongoing thing with the WRU. From reading reports it seems the growth hormone stays in the system for only a week? And the test was a month or so after the had joined Biarritz. Or something like that. Hence the article being changed I think.

Still…….it never rains but it pours in Wales!

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 28 Aug 2023, 4:20 pm

I’ve seen a few articles state the WRU allegedly supplied it, don’t think I have seen the original one but they must have amended it like you say.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Mon 28 Aug 2023, 6:17 pm

Heaf wrote:It was a rubbish call all round ... First I didn't think it was deliberately knocked into touch (looked more like he grabbed for it but didn't get hold of it), second the SA player had touched it anyway and finally the SA player wouldn't have scored anyway as he'd already missed it and it would have just bounced into touch if the Welsh player wasn't there ....

Brace should have stuck with his view that the SA player touched it rather than listen to the seemingly myopic Joy Neville who constantly gets calls wrong  ...

I see Mr O agrees with me - knocked on initially by SA player so everything after irrelevant - go back to the original pen they were playing advantage for, never a PT and no YC either ... I really hope the officiating during the tournament is going to be better but don't hold out much hope ....

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 28 Aug 2023, 7:30 pm

A lot of us thought it was a rubbish call at the time. I suppose they didn't make a big fuss as it didn't affect the score that much...

mikey_dragon

Heaf likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Tue 29 Aug 2023, 4:43 pm

Well, we are a minnow side these days! All the decisions go against the minnows, to the advantage of the ‘Big 8’ Wink

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 01 Sep 2023, 10:20 pm

Good to see Faletau in training, but now he has proved his fitness, please wrap him up in bubble wrap for a week.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 06 Sep 2023, 11:18 am

I think it's Friday that Gats announces the team. Supposedly, everyone is fit. Locks have to be Rowlands and Jenkins.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Thu 07 Sep 2023, 2:02 pm

F**king Beard!!!

15 Liam Williams (Kubota Spears – 85 caps)
14 Louis Rees Zammit (Gloucester Rugby – 27 caps)*
13 George North (Ospreys – 114 caps)
12 Nick Tompkins (Saracens – 28 caps)*
11 Josh Adams (Cardiff Rugby – 50 caps)
10 Dan Biggar (RC Toulonnais – 109 caps)
9 Gareth Davies (Scarlets – 69 caps);
1 Gareth Thomas (Ospreys – 22 caps)*
2 Ryan Elias (Scarlets – 34 caps)
3 Tomas Francis (Provence Rugby – 72 caps)
4 Will Rowlands (Racing 92 – 25 caps)*
5 Adam Beard (Ospreys – 47 caps)
6 Aaron Wainwright (Dragons – 39 caps)
7 Jac Morgan (Ospreys – 11 caps) captain*
8 Taulupe Faletau (Cardiff Rugby – 100 caps)

Replacements
16 Elliot Dee (Dragons – 43 caps)
17 Corey Domachowski ( Cardiff Rugby – 2 caps)*
18 Dillon Lewis (Harlequins – 51 caps)
19 Dafydd Jenkins (Exeter Chiefs – 7 caps)*
20 Tommy Reffell (Leicester Tigers – 10 caps)*
21 Tomos Williams (Cardiff Rugby – 48 caps)
22 Sam Costelow (Scarlets – 4 caps)*
23 Rio Dyer (Dragons – 9 caps)*

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 07 Sep 2023, 2:47 pm

Terrible decision.

It’s pretty good otherwise. I probably would’ve started Dee in the absence of Lake, but there we go.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 07 Sep 2023, 3:31 pm

Why is that millions of people can see how poor Beard is right now, but none of them are Gatland and his coaches?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Thu 07 Sep 2023, 3:38 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Terrible decision.

It’s pretty good otherwise. I probably would’ve started Dee in the absence of Lake, but there we go.

Yeah I think he may have gone with Elias for his carrying but tbh they're both a bit shaky with the old darts.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 07 Sep 2023, 5:07 pm

Actually, I would’ve had Henry Thomas on the bench instead of Lewis too.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Fri 08 Sep 2023, 8:55 am

RiscaGame wrote:Actually, I would’ve had Henry Thomas on the bench instead of Lewis too.

Yeah he seems to have gone ok scrum wise.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 08 Sep 2023, 11:31 am

I had a feeling the midfield would be Tompkins and North which has worked very well on occasion, but I'm always concerned because I'm still convinced Tompkins can't defend. I don't think the squad has enough players who would be among the best in their position on the world stage, but we (Wales) really have struggled developing the front 5 players coming through. I'm not averse to doing what everyone else is doing (filling their team with South Africans).

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 08 Sep 2023, 12:21 pm

PJ is running an in-house prediction competition for the world cup if anyone's interested:

https://www.606v2.com/t71211-2023-rugby-world-cup-tipping-competition

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 08 Sep 2023, 12:54 pm

Thanks Galted.

I'd just like to add...

Forget the growth hormones, minnow tag (these days) and bench impacts. It's not that important. What we all do know is that Wales has bucket loads of potential and are always a thrilling team to watch. That's for certain!

It'd be nice to see some of you top quality Welsh posters (or those sharing partial genetic material with Welsh bloodlines) join us on the 2023 RWC tipping competition. I think 2023 really is Wales' chance to shine on the World Rugby Stage... and go a bit further!

We really need some more intelligent and enlightened rugby minds to reach new heights when it comes to speculating outcomes for such important matches. As I can see from the never-ending pages of posts... you guys really do know what you're talking about. Always a great read. OK

https://www.606v2.com/t71211-2023-rugby-world-cup-tipping-competition

Hope to see some of you on there. Just whack down the first round of matches (copy Galted's post below)... and simply change his silly predictions to something more likely and sensible.

Hope to see you all soon! Love you all!

Galted's Predictions:

Pool A
France v NZ - Fra C
Italy v Namibia - Ita T

Pool B
Ireland v Romania - Ire T
South Africa v Scotland - SA C

Pool C
Australia v Georgia - Aus T
Wales v Fiji - Wal E (you oughta aim for a T... and give them a proper lesson in how to play open rugby)

Pool D
England v Argentina - D
Japan v Chile - Jap T

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

RiscaGame likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Wed 13 Sep 2023, 10:52 pm

Let’s hope George Carlin doesn’t get this thread locked! Wink (joke!)

Anyway, Wales squad v Portugal is out:

L Halfpenny; Rees-Zammit, Grady, J Williams, Dyer; Anscombe, T Williams; Smith, Lake (capt), D Lewis, Tshiunza, Jenkins, Lydiate, Reffell, Faletau.

Replacements: Elias, Domachowski, Francis, Beard, Basham, G Davies, Costelow, Adams.

I know everyone will say this should be a walkover, but Wales often find a way to make the easy games (on paper) look difficult. France are often the team coined with ‘which France will turn up’ but I think that’s probably more apt for Wales really! Surely we should have enough to get a 4 try win against Portugal?! But it’s a completely new team with new combos, some inexperience mixed with a good bit of experience. Should be interesting.

Back row looks like like a good balance. Proper no 8, a great club fetcher/jackal at 7 (but who’s not shown much yet at international level), and a good big ‘un at 6.

Hoping Rees-Zammit gets plenty of ball as I feel he’s been frustrated out on the wing lately and living off scraps. Would love to see us create space for him to have a good gallop in from distance. I think that would do his confidence the world of good.

1/2p at fullback - I keep saying he’s past it then he goes and proves me wrong with a good performance so let’s see how he goes. Always solid defensively, and positionally very good. But can he offer much in attack these days?

Looking forward to seeing Grady and Williams in the centres. Grady especially. I think he has great potential.

Great to see Smith and Lake at LH and Hooker. I’d perhaps have them as first choice, personally. I know Lake is coming back for injury, but not sure why Smith didn’t get the nod against Fiji. I think he’s our best loosehead.

Speaking of front rows, where is Henry Thomas??? He looked strong in the scrum in the warm ups and now has not been selected for the first two games, whereas Francis has been selected again (on the bench this time).

I might have started Costello in this one as he’s my preferred 2nd choice 10 and needs minutes on the pitch, but I think Gats sees Anscombe more as 2nd choice. And he needs game time too.

I’m yet to be impressed by Tshiunza at international level. Still young and inexperienced, granted, but the jury is out. Beard on the bench is not really inspiring either. Shows our lack of depth in the squad in the 2nd row.

Prediction: we’ll either thump them or will be drawn into some sort of weird unstructured slug fest and pull away for a BP win late on after much nail biting and head shaking.

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 14 Sep 2023, 1:02 am

The backrow is certainly more balanced this week, but I am not sure if I am really sold on Lydiate any more.

Happy with the loosehead and hooker too. I assume Henry Thomas must be carrying a niggle, as Lewis seemed to have issues against Fiji.

The second row is a worry aye, but hopefully Jenkins goes well and then starts v Australia.

Hope LRZ and Dyer get lots of ball, as I am very happy to see them on the wings for this game.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 14 Sep 2023, 5:55 am

Henry Thomas must be injured, as that selection doesn’t make sense to me. I also would have put LRZ or Adams at full-back, but aside from that it’s a good lineup.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Thu 14 Sep 2023, 8:09 am

Apparently Henry Thomas was set to start but has picked up an injury.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Thu 14 Sep 2023, 8:39 am

Thanks Oakdene, that makes sense now.

TAFKA The Oracle

Oakdene likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Thu 14 Sep 2023, 8:44 am

I'd like to see our backs get a lot of ball in this game, watched the LRZ doc last night & felt he came across well (better than his brother anyway!) & to be fair the guy just wants to score tries. Gonna lob £20 on him for a hatrick.

I wouldn't mind seeing him at 15 when we have the ball, so he is a point of difference hitting the line.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Thu 14 Sep 2023, 8:58 am

We've got one of the fastest men in world rugby, and he's not exactly small either, so I feel we've got to do a lot more to get the ball to him in space and create opportunities for him to finish. I guess the onus is on the centres to straighten up more and/or fix the defence so that we're not just shipping the ball down the line and allowing the defence to just drift and manhandle him into touch.

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 16 Sep 2023, 5:26 pm

I like the Wales alternative kit.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 16 Sep 2023, 5:43 pm

doctor_grey wrote:I like the Wales alternative kit.    

Yeah I was thinking it was quite smart too ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sat 16 Sep 2023, 5:45 pm

Those white shirts? Yes, playing well. Attacking from deep, showing innovation etc.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 16 Sep 2023, 5:50 pm

Not quite sure why they need to wear it against a team playing in white?

Other than promoting shirt sales

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 16 Sep 2023, 7:49 pm

BigGee wrote:Not quite sure why they need to wear it against a team playing in white?

A few teams are going to do it, because of the colour blind thing.

RiscaGame

BigGee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 16 Sep 2023, 7:52 pm

RiscaGame wrote:
BigGee wrote:Not quite sure why they need to wear it against a team playing in white?

A few teams are going to do it, because of the colour blind thing.

Thanks, that would be it, had forgotten about that

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 16 Sep 2023, 7:56 pm

I was wondering about that but then I thought about England v Wales which would also be white v red, and tonight Tonga v Ireland, same again ....

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Thu 21 Sep 2023, 11:02 am

So a win in this game & we should be home & dry for the quarters, even if Australia get 2 BP's, 4 match points puts us on 14 & would leave Australia 6 points behind with 1 round of games to play.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 21 Sep 2023, 12:14 pm

This Aus team is getting worse, form and injuries counting against them. I feel we have been getting slightly better as time goes on. A lot of people are talking about only need a LBP, etc and we are through. If we don't beat Aus then we don't deserve to go through. I'm not taking it lightly. I remember in our last match against them we seemed home and dry, but went on to lose - that was Pivac's last game.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Thu 21 Sep 2023, 12:57 pm

On current evidence you should beat them and put a decent score on them.

How many of those that played Australia last time are likely to start?

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Thu 21 Sep 2023, 1:08 pm

carpet baboon wrote:On current evidence you should beat them and put a decent score on them.

How many of those that played Australia last time are likely to start?

We couldn't put a decent score on Portugal, only getting what we needed in injury time. So I'm not holding much hope against Aus. It's a complete 50/50 for me. Might as well flip a coin.

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 21 Sep 2023, 1:57 pm

I can’t call this. I don’t like the fact that Australia are do or die and we have a bit less pressure on us. Wales haven’t played well in either game thus far really.

I am hoping that Henry Thomas is involved. I think the team will be identical to the one that started against Fiji. I even think he will have to not start Lake, because Elias has been a bit better in the lineout and we will want to try and attack their scrum (so no Dee).

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Thu 21 Sep 2023, 2:01 pm

I think Thomas will be involved if fit. I agree Elias is playing some of his best rugby in a Welsh shirt so probably gets the nod over Lake.

Yes we haven't played well but I'll be honest, if you'd given me 10 points from 10 after 2 matches & we'd be 4 points ahead of 2nd place I would have ripped your hand off!

Oakdene

RiscaGame and TAFKA The Oracle like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 22 Sep 2023, 9:08 am

Eddie hasn't stopped talking up Aus since losing to Fiji. Here is his selection:

Australia team to face Wales: Kellaway; Nawaqanitawase, Petaia, Kerevi, Koroibete; Donaldson, McDermott; Bell, Porecki (capt), Slipper, Frost, Arnold, Leota, T Hooper, Valetini.

Replacements: Faessler, Schoupp, Fa'amausili, Philip, McReight, White, Gordon, Vunivalu.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 22 Sep 2023, 9:11 am

Oakdene wrote:I think Thomas will be involved if fit. I agree Elias is playing some of his best rugby in a Welsh shirt so probably gets the nod over Lake.

Yes we haven't played well but I'll be honest, if you'd given me 10 points from 10 after 2 matches & we'd be 4 points ahead of 2nd place I would have ripped your hand off!

Hard to disagree. I think Dee has been the best hooker but Elias and Lake have a significant size advantage over him. It was risky going into this tournament with two injured hookers. The lineout went astray at the end of the Portugal game with Lake and then Elias.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 22 Sep 2023, 11:36 am

Wales: L Williams; Rees-Zammit, North, Tompkins, Adams; Biggar, G Davies; G Thomas, Elias, Francis, Rowlands, Beard, Wainwright, Morgan (capt), Faletau.

Replacements: Dee, Domachowski, H Thomas, D Jenkins, Basham, T Williams, Anscombe, Dyer.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 22 Sep 2023, 11:50 am

Still don't understand Domachowski over Nicky Smith...

I would guess we're favourites for this game, and I really don't like that! We've been burned too many times by the Wallabies. We should win, but it's not going to be an enjoyable 80 minutes!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 22 Sep 2023, 4:23 pm

I'd have opted for centre cover rather than Rio, seeing as Tompkins can't tackle. You'd expect Koroibete and Kerevi to have a field day but hope I'm wrong.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 22 Sep 2023, 5:34 pm

It’s almost perfect for me. I agree with both of you, that I would’ve had a centre and Nicky Smith on the bench. I also don’t think Anscombe really warrants a place in the 23, over Costelow. Probably wouldn’t start Beard either, but he was always going to be in the squad.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Fri 22 Sep 2023, 5:43 pm

Apart from his really long arms has beard played well recently?
And Tompkins confuses me, he can look very good one week, then the next he may get aswell not be on the pitch
But I still have you as favourites.
If you win Fiji are pretty much through as long as they don't balls itup

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 27 Sep 2023, 4:00 pm

Tompkins and Beard were good versus Aus, especially Tompkins. Our pack was on top for most of the match though. I suppose Beard will revert to being a passenger again (I've not see his stats yet).

Well done to Gatland and the Wales team. I didn't give them much hope but they've proven me wrong. This was on the back of a terrible season where our game fell apart and players didn't know if they were even going to be in a job the following week (there's still lots of work for the WRU and Regions to do here though). We also had some experienced and high profile players retire during our World Cup prep. In addition to this they had everyone baying for their blood lead by Knight in shining armour Nick Knowles, after the Fiji game which we won with a bonus point - I do think Carley was inconsistent with calls but that's why he was penalising Wales for falling to the ground in the closing stages of the game. It was pathetic to see ITVs English commentary team keep talking about this game the following week, and equally pathetic for them to say the flying kick to Adams' face in the Portugal game wasn't a red card.

Wales were right to think they weren't getting much credit. I expect us to beat Georgia and then we'll top our pool which is more than I expected before the RWC. Great job by the players and coaches on the back of all that, well done boyo's clap.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 27 Sep 2023, 7:25 pm

Wales Online did a good piece on the Fiji game, where they highlighted two incidents where Fiji could’ve picked up possible red cards. I have been tempted to put it on here, but then didn’t really see the point (it won’t change anybody’s mindset).

Very happy with Wales on the weekend. I know Australia were poor, but a lot of players I have questioned stood up massively. Hopefully Gatland doesn’t change too much, just so we make sure of this top spot.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next