The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales International Rugby Summer 23 onwards.

+25
king_carlos
Duty281
Rugby Fan
Mr Bounce
bsando
lostinwales
Poorfour
Welshmushroom
Pal Joey
Galted
Collapse2005
carpet baboon
BigGee
No 7&1/2
Heaf
mountain man
sensisball
Luckless Pedestrian
formerly known as Sam
Geordie
doctor_grey
TAFKA The Oracle
mikey_dragon
Oakdene
RiscaGame
29 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Wales International Rugby Summer 23 onwards. - Page 9 Empty Wales International Rugby Summer 23 onwards.

Post by RiscaGame Fri 30 Jun 2023, 11:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

As the pages were going over 20 shortly, I’ve had to start a new thread. This is still the place to discuss the U20s, the women and everything else internationally. Updated RWC 23 squad below.

Forwards (25)

Corey Domachowski (Cardiff Rugby / Caerdydd– uncapped)
Kemsley Mathias (Scarlets – uncapped)
Nicky Smith (Ospreys / Gweilch– 42 caps)
Gareth Thomas (Ospreys /Gweilch – 21 caps)
Elliot Dee (Dragons / Dregiau– 41 caps)
Ryan Elias (Scarlets – 33 caps)
Dewi Lake (Ospreys / Gweilch – 8 caps)
Sam Parry (Ospreys / Gweilch – 5 caps)
Keiron Assiratti (Cardiff Rugby / Caerdydd– uncapped)
Tomas Francis (Ospreys / Gweilch – 71 caps)
Dillon Lewis (Harlequins – 50 caps)
Henry Thomas (Montpellier – uncapped)
Adam Beard (Ospreys / Gweilch– 46 caps)
Ben Carter (Dragons / Dregiau– 9 caps)
Rhys Davies (Ospreys / Gweilch – 2 caps)
Dafydd Jenkins (Exeter Chiefs / Caerwysg – 6 caps)
Will Rowlands (Dragons / Dregiau – 23 caps)
Christ Tshiunza (Exeter Chiefs / Caerwysg – 5 caps)
Teddy Williams (Cardiff Rugby / Caerdydd– uncapped)
Taine Basham (Dragons / Dregiau – 11 caps)
Taulupe Faletau (Cardiff Rugby / Caerdydd – 100 caps)
Dan Lydiate (Dragons / Dregiau – 68 caps)
Jac Morgan (Ospreys / Gweilch – 9 caps)
Tommy Reffell (Leicester Tigers / Caerlŷr– 9 caps)
Aaron Wainwright (Dragons / Dregiau – 37 caps)

Backs (22)

Gareth Davies (Scarlets – 67 caps)
Kieran Hardy (Scarlets – 17 caps)
Tomos Williams (Cardiff Rugby / Caerdydd – 45 caps)
Gareth Anscombe (unattached – 35 caps)
Dan Biggar (Toulon – 107 caps)
Sam Costelow (Scarlets – 2 caps)
Owen Williams (Ospreys / Gweilch – 7 caps)
Mason Grady (Cardiff Rugby / Caerdydd – 2 caps)
Max Llewellyn (Gloucester Rugby / Caerloyw – uncapped)
George North (Ospreys / Gweilch – 113 caps)
Joe Roberts (Scarlets – uncapped)
Nick Tompkins (Saracens – 27 caps)
Johnny Williams (Scarlets – 5 caps)
Keiran Williams (Ospreys / Gweilch – uncapped)
Josh Adams (Cardiff Rugby / Caerdydd – 49 caps)
Alex Cuthbert (Ospreys / Gweilch – 57 caps)
Rio Dyer (Dragons / Dregiau – 7 caps)
Cai Evans (Ospreys/ Gweilch – uncapped)
Leigh Halfpenny (unattached – 99 caps)
Louis Rees-Zammit (Gloucester Rugby / Caerloyw– 25 caps)
Tom Rogers (Scarlets – 2 caps)
Liam Williams (Cardiff Rugby/ Caerdydd – 84 caps)

RiscaGame

TAFKA The Oracle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Wales International Rugby Summer 23 onwards. - Page 9 Empty Re: Wales International Rugby Summer 23 onwards.

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 16 Mar 2024, 4:23 pm

Score flattered us, Italy were much better. Gatland needs to walk, and please take Howley as I’m fed up of seeing his goblin face.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Wales International Rugby Summer 23 onwards. - Page 9 Empty Re: Wales International Rugby Summer 23 onwards.

Post by Heaf Sat 16 Mar 2024, 4:26 pm

How long is Gatland's contract?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Sat 16 Mar 2024, 4:36 pm

Heaf wrote:How long is Gatland's contract?

I think it was 6 years at around £600k per year Shocked

Edit: or maybe more like £500k. I think.

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 16 Mar 2024, 4:46 pm

Oh dear

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 16 Mar 2024, 4:54 pm

He’s definitely on 600K. He was with Wales a while and able to negotiate coming back to his existing salary.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Sat 16 Mar 2024, 5:03 pm

As I posted somewhere previously, surely most/all coaching roles will have some sort of sacking clause? I.e. where they can be sacked if they do not perform in the role and therefore the union is not liable to pay off the contract? Yes, if they just decide to part ways and go in a new direction then Gatland would need to be paid off. But teams, unions, businesses surely need some protection if their ‘signing’ (Gatland) turns out to be rubbish?

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 16 Mar 2024, 5:07 pm

I believe there was a clause, as Gatland mentioned it after the Argentina loss.

mikey_dragon

Heaf and TAFKA The Oracle like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 16 Mar 2024, 5:54 pm

I thought it was a post world cup clause where if Wales thought he wasn't the right man to continue with they could part ways then. They didn't.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 16 Mar 2024, 6:23 pm

He just offered his resignation, Abi and the Gatland brigade said no. I’m completely lost for words.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Sun 17 Mar 2024, 7:13 am

Saw somewhere that Gatland is in talks with the Waratahs

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 17 Mar 2024, 8:03 am

Collapse2005 wrote:Saw somewhere that Gatland is in talks with the Waratahs

Please let it be true. Why though? They seem to be doing okay at the moment.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 17 Mar 2024, 6:32 pm

Wales were really bad yesterday. For long parts of the game it looked like they didn’t really want to be there. It’s really worrying and I can’t see a way out of this, at the minute. There’s too much negativity around Welsh rugby, with budgets dropping etc.

How can Gatland really suggest he offered his resignation and if it is true, how can it just be dismissed immediately by Tierney? It’s laughable.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 17 Mar 2024, 7:18 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

Beat the Crusaders and then lost their other games, albeit narrowly the last two weeks. Could be they want a coaching consultant to lend a hand, would allow him to spend more time at home in NZ and exit the mess he finds himself in, in Wales.

Where do Wales look next though? It's not like the regions are throwing out valid options. Down the well trodden route of a Vern Cotter or a Jamie Joseph. A slightly left field choice like Patrice Collazo or Clayton McMillan.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 17 Mar 2024, 7:19 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:He just offered his resignation, Abi and the Gatland brigade said no. I’m completely lost for words.

Shocked

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 18 Mar 2024, 1:23 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Beat the Crusaders and then lost their other games, albeit narrowly the last two weeks. Could be they want a coaching consultant to lend a hand, would allow him to spend more time at home in NZ and exit the mess he finds himself in, in Wales.

Where do Wales look next though? It's not like the regions are throwing out valid options. Down the well trodden route of a Vern Cotter or a Jamie Joseph. A slightly left field choice like Patrice Collazo or Clayton McMillan.

McMillan is a good shout. I always liked Joseph, he might have a large price tag though. There's also Crowley? O'Gara? Most should be cheaper than Gatland and you'd expect them to be less clueless and actually pick the best squad; a squad featuring pro players.

For me the following need to be in the next squad; Tomas Francis, Nicky Smith, Rhys Carre, Dewi Lake, Sam Parry, James Fender, James Ratti, Morgan Morris, Jac Morgan, Gareth Anscombe, Rhys Patchell.

Domachowski, Assiratti, Ryan Elias, Evan Lloyd, all the Scarlets' props, Seb Davies, Teddy Williams, Alex Mann, Keiran Hardy, Sam Costelow, Josh Adams need to be withdrawn.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Mon 18 Mar 2024, 2:53 pm

Eddie.

Eddie is the man for Wales.

mountain man

mikey_dragon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Mon 18 Mar 2024, 2:58 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

McMillan is a good shout. I always liked Joseph, he might have a large price tag though. There's also Crowley? O'Gara? Most should be cheaper than Gatland and you'd expect them to be less clueless and actually pick the best squad; a squad featuring pro players.

For me the following need to be in the next squad; Tomas Francis, Nicky Smith, Rhys Carre, Dewi Lake, Sam Parry, James Fender, James Ratti, Morgan Morris, Jac Morgan, Gareth Anscombe, Rhys Patchell.

Domachowski, Assiratti, Ryan Elias, Evan Lloyd, all the Scarlets' props, Seb Davies, Teddy Williams, Alex Mann, Keiran Hardy, Sam Costelow, Josh Adams need to be withdrawn.

Agree mostly, though I'm still out of Costelow - he needs to be given more of a chance.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 18 Mar 2024, 4:52 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

O'Gara won't go anywhere near Wales I wouldn't have thought. He's on a wedge of a contract in La Rochelle and is a favourite to take over Ireland post Farrell.

Crowley feels a bit like yesterday's man. Then again so does Gatland so might be an option for the WRU.

formerly known as Sam

mikey_dragon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 18 Mar 2024, 5:05 pm

Oakdene wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Agree mostly, though I'm still out of Costelow - he needs to be given more of a chance.

Not sure. I didn't comment much on Costelow until after this 6N. Given this and the world cup, I think I've seen enough to convince me he isn't an international player. TBH, he's never been amazing or very consistent at Scarlets. I can clearly see a difference between him and Ioan Lloyd. Lloyd seems to have a much higher ceiling and can play in other positions. I also thought Lloyd's form was just slightly better in the 6N, but Gatland did his thing of settling on a player in spite of poor form. Going forward you've got Anscombe, Sheedy and possibly Patchell to come into the equation, and maybe Ben Thomas becomes an option again if Cardiff actually play him at 10.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unclear Mon 18 Mar 2024, 6:12 pm

mountain man wrote:Eddie.

Eddie is the man for Wales.

Surely this against the Geneva Convention under the heading "cruel or unusual punishment"?

Unclear

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 21 Mar 2024, 2:50 pm

North. Ruptured achilies tendon. Ouch

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 23 Mar 2024, 8:00 am

Watching the Glasgow v Cardiff game last night you would have to say Rhys Carre was the best player on the Cardiff side by some distance. He would lokely have been MoM if Cardiff had managed to win, which they almost did!

Seems bonkers he is not playing for Wales?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 23 Mar 2024, 9:39 am

lostinwales wrote:North. Ruptured achilies tendon. Ouch

Ah that's nasty. Probably back running by August and playing back end of September then.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 23 Mar 2024, 5:08 pm

BigGee wrote:Watching the Glasgow v Cardiff game last night  you would have to say Rhys Carre was the best player on the Cardiff side by some distance. He would lokely have been MoM if Cardiff had managed to win, which they almost did!

Seems bonkers he is not playing for Wales?

That’s bonkers Gatland for you. Nicky Smith should be starting with Carre on the bench.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 23 Mar 2024, 5:10 pm

lostinwales wrote:North. Ruptured achilies tendon. Ouch

Ah that's nasty. Probably back running by August and playing back end of September then.

Yeah, that’s a tough one to recover from, almost up there with ACL. I thought Tomos Williams had something similar and is out for a while too. Williams, Anscombe and Llewelyn for Glaws will be good.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9