The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minor football

2 posters

Go down

Minor football Empty Minor football

Post by bluemoda Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:48 am

Just want to congratulate the Tipp minors on winning the munster final yesterday. The first since 1995 and only our 6th ever Munster championship. After all their previous heartbreak - they lost the finals of 02, 06, 08, and 09. After decades of neglect of football by our County Board, John Evan's great work is hopefully starting to pay off and we have the beginings of a competitive football team into the future. Anyway, I just wanted to mention them.

How disappointing were Dublin and Clare. Do you think the occassion got to Dublin? Their first touch was diabolical & instead of getting stuck into Kilkenny they stood back from them.

Well done to Antrim and also to Armagh for not getting hammered.

Galway & Clare - Clare need to get out of D2 and into D1 next year. Should make it their priority.
Limerick - good draw for them against Antrim for next round.

As for Cork - What's is the matter with them? Looked like they couldn't be bothered in the first half, totally outclassed. They also looked like the were playing in slow motion. As this isn't the greatest Kerry team wev'e ever see, Cork lost a great opportunity to put some ghosts to bed. Very disappointed with them.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Minor football Empty Re: Minor football

Post by Cari Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:07 am

Well done little Tipps Smile

Blue - I'm probably going to sound a bit one eyed here, but I think it was a case of Kilkenny being back to their formidable selves rather than Dublin being poor. They just didn't stand a chance against a full strength Cats team and couldn't close that nine point gap. I think the Dubs were missing a couple of decent players too? Conal was very quiet though which was odd.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:27 am

Conal was indeed very quiet. Not convinced the occassion didn't get to them though. Kilkenny did appear to be back to their old selves but however, I'm reserving my judgement on that for the moment, as Dublin were so poor.

To beat Kilkenny, you've got to score goals, and the earlier the better. You have to really get stuck into them physically. Kilkenny like to bully and the fact that they picked up 6 yellow cards against Dublin's 1 shows just how physical they are prepared to be. And besides Kilkenny can afford to be physical as they rarely get a player sent off. It was suprising to see Dublin cower physically but cower they did.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:33 am

I agree about needing to score goals. Kilkenny did the Dubs a favour giving them so many frees as most of the Dub points came from those. Perhaps it was the occasion getting to the Dubs or the knowledge that the big guns were out for Kilkenny? I don't know. It's a shame because previously the Dubs hurlers had been playing with a lot of confidence. I hope they can come back from this anyway, as they had been doing really well so far.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:17 am

Sometimes, so the experts say, a hammering is required to progress and at least they have a quater final to come and maybe put things to rights. Dublin appear to be a very united team and just maybe yesterday will make them stronger and more united and determined than ever, I hope so, hurling badly needs another power house team.

I'm just seriously p....d o.. though, Kilkenny appear to be back to their best. I really felt Tipp could do a two-in-row this year, for the first time in nearly 50 years, and of course, after a two-in-row comes three-in-row, but with Kilkenny's performance yesterday, I'm now officially seriously worried. At least we have the Munster final next week to gauge how far Tipp have progressed this year. Nothing but a hammering of Waterford will rest my weary mind, but somehow, I don't think Waterford will go along with that.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:52 am

That's a valid point - a loss will motivate a solid team rather than hinder them. Perhaps the same could be said for the Cork footballers? At least they know what they can achieve.

I have to say I don't want to see Kilkenny get through either. i was really chuffed when Tipp won last year - just cause Kilkenny were always winning at the hurling. It was getting predictable. Things need to be upset once in a while. That's one good thing about the football I guess. It's anyones at times.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down