The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2 - Film of the Year? Of the Decade?

+21
dyrewolfe
Fists of Fury
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
az1988
Dass
Crimey
ADMIN
Adam D
Marsh
Thomond
davidl1061
Pr4wn
Beer
Scottrf
Gonzini
Gregers
Mat
Nay
hodge
SirJohnnyEnglish
legendkillar
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2 - Film of the Year? Of the Decade? Empty Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2 - Film of the Year? Of the Decade?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:03 pm

As a massive Harry Potter fan I am going out of my mind in anticipation for the final instalment of the series this Friday.
Harry Potter has not just gripped the nation, but the world.
For anyone who has not read the books, I really recommend them.

Who else is looking forward to seeing this?
Is it the biggest film of the year? Of the Decade?

(please do not post spoilers unless in a 'spoiler tag' in consideration for those who have not read the books)

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2 - Film of the Year? Of the Decade? Empty Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2 - Film of the Year? Of the Decade?

Post by legendkillar Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:11 pm

I have to admit that I have never watched the films or read the books. My nephews absolutely love it, but I have never been gripped by an urge to pick up the books or the films.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2 - Film of the Year? Of the Decade? Empty Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2 - Film of the Year? Of the Decade?

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Cant wait to see this! Booked in to see it Sunday. Possibly the biggest film of this decade! Massive fan of the books and the trailers for this are looking brilliant

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:41 pm

would have to say i'm looking forward more to the Batman film next year, for me that will be truely huge. However i will get round to watching this i imagine, dunno if it will be in the cinema or watching it on dvd though.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:28 pm

I will Go to watch it moan at the differences between the film at the book, still really enjoy it. Am so looking forward to it

I am a massively sad individual when it comes to Harry Potter, even been known to allow My Mum to go to cinema to watch it with me and missus ha ha

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:29 pm

I've been re-reading the last book in preparation for this!

Can't wait to see it,will have to watch the first part again just to know what to expect.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:53 pm

Im really looking forward to this, Hallows Part One was brilliant. Probably the biggest film event of the year...

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonzini Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:02 am

Seeing this tonight at 7... can't wait!

I just hope it's as good as the hype says it is.

Gonzini

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:22 am

"As a massive Harry Potter fan I am going out of my mind in anticipation for the final instalment of the series this Friday.

Headscratch

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:24 am

Scottrf wrote:"As a massive Harry Potter fan I am going out of my mind in anticipation for the final instalment of the series this Friday.

Headscratch

What's your point, caller?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:02 pm

That it's a kids film, thought that was fairly obvious.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Im a kid at heart OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Toy Story 3 was a kids film and if you didn't like that then there's something wrong with you.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:20 pm

Scottrf wrote:"As a massive Harry Potter fan I am going out of my mind in anticipation for the final instalment of the series this Friday.

Headscratch

🤦 who cares how old you are if u like it

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:44 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:

Headscratch

🤦 who cares how old you are if u like it
Chill out mate thumbsup

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonzini Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:38 pm

Kids film or not, there aren't many films around that have portrayed the excellent character development that was prominent in the books.

Plus, the majority watching this will be 10 years older than when they watched the first one. I for one wasn't going to stop watching the series because I was 10 years older, same as reading the books, I didn't stop because I got older

Gonzini

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Finished re reading the last book last night. Shall be watching the 1st part of the movie tomorrow to get in the mood. Should be epic.

I grew up with the books and films so not going to miss this for the world

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:13 pm

I am gutted I wont be able to see it for ages. I have had to have surgery and can only sit down for 25 mins at the minute! booo

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:52 pm

This is not the biggest film of the decade,possibly of the year though. Wait for the Dark Knight rises next year that should be bigger. Although it did get 50 odd million dollars just on midnight showings last night.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:36 pm

I'm off to watch it later on tonight. I've never really been a fan of the films, loved the books growing up but the films never really lived up to them

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:29 pm

davidl1061 wrote:I am gutted I wont be able to see it for ages. I have had to have surgery and can only sit down for 25 mins at the minute! booo

get it the back row/corner and stand up now and then?

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:30 pm

Thomond wrote:This is not the biggest film of the decade,possibly of the year though. Wait for the Dark Knight rises next year that should be bigger. Although it did get 50 odd million dollars just on midnight showings last night.

think they may have released the Dark Knight Rises trailer before HP, anyone able to confirm this?

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Hodge i went to see harry this morning and there was a trailer for the dark night rises

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:08 pm

Spoiler:

Dark knight trailer OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:17 pm

He will be broken?

Are they taking stuff from the Knightfall series with Bane involved?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:19 pm

The trailer for the new Batman movie didn't grab my attention; but will go and see it anyway.

Huge fan of Harry Potter having started the series as a child and finishing it just before I enter adulthood. Will be re-reading the books for years to come. Anyone else tear up at the:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:50 pm

Hobo wrote:
Spoiler:

Dark knight trailer OK

Spoiler:

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:46 pm

I really want to click these spoilers!
Not seeing Harry till Wednesday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:57 pm

The spoilers are nothing to do with Harry Potter, they're both to do with the new Batman film trailer.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Ah gotcha Ok!

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:00 pm

Honestly! Laugh That's why Hobo put; dark knight trailer underneath his spoiler.

The only spoiler that isn't about batman is Churchill's.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:17 pm

I believe you lol
PM to explain OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:26 pm

Keep trying Y I.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:43 pm

That what my school reports always said.
"Must try harder"

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:01 pm

Your school called you Y I?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:09 pm

Of course. I've carried the YI Man (Wae'aye man) tag for years.

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Just back from watching the film and it was brilliant every bit as good as i thought it would be!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:12 pm

That Batman trailer is a fake, i've already seen it, in the description on youtube the guy admits to making it himself, also as far as i know Hugo Strange isnt a confirmed character for the movie

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:05 pm

Booked the tickets for tonight. Watching it in 3D (my first ever 3D film)
Cant wait!

Its been hell for the last year avoiding spoilers and resisting temptation to find out what happens. My Christmas has arrived.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:36 pm

How Was Harry YI

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Loved it. Never seen anything in 3D before and it totally blew me away.
Great ending to a great saga. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:31 am

It may be the biggest in terms of hype this year and has competition with a few for decade but like most that have that tag it will never be even close to the best in either category.

To a early comment about character development in both the books/films being excellent, in both departments it was standard at best. In most cases the characters were one dimensional archetypes that didn't need any development other than the obvious getting older department.

Glad you enjoyed it though YI. Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Spoiler:

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:53 pm

Agreed CL

Spoiler:

All in all a great film tho

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:27 pm

Gregers wrote:Agreed CL

Spoiler:

cool CG?

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:59 pm

hodge wrote:

Spoiler:

cool CG?

It wasn't even cool though, it was just bad. I've seen better special effects on a playstation 2 game.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:43 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:
hodge wrote:

Spoiler:

cool CG?

It wasn't even cool though, it was just bad. I've seen better special effects on a playstation 2 game.

my bad, what they thought would be cool CG i meant, would it be something for the 3D as i cant remember the scene properly?

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:03 pm

Spoiler:

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by az1988 Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:08 pm

the only film that will beat this this year will be the girl with the dragon tattoo..not the one with Noomi Rapace but with Rooney Mara as LS

az1988

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:25 pm

Churchill wrote:The trailer for the new Batman movie didn't grab my attention; but will go and see it anyway.

Huge fan of Harry Potter having started the series as a child and finishing it just before I enter adulthood. Will be re-reading the books for years to come. Anyone else tear up at the:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next