The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Qualifers RD3/4- Revenge of the Mourne?

+9
Captain Charisma
patrick91
Ar aghaidh le cheile
Cari
Thomond
John Cregan
RebelBhoy
Irish Curry
Gaelic-Warrior
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Football Qualifers RD3/4- Revenge of the Mourne? Empty Football Qualifers RD3/4- Revenge of the Mourne?

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:54 pm

Predictions for this weeks qualifiers in the championship football-
Round 3-

Trone V oor ma- Red hands by 9

Round 4-

Kildare V Derry- Kildare by 11
Limerick V Wexford- Wexford by 3

And undoubtedly the pick of the week Cork V Down-
No confirmations of the an dun team but here are dork's starters-

Quirke

O'Sullivain- Canty- Shields

O'Leary- Miskella- Kissane

O'Connor- Walsh

Goold- Kelly- O'Neil

Goulding- O'Connor- Kerrigan

After reading the comments of Kevin McKernan and his boss McCartan it is clear that Down obviously are right up for this and will put up a good fight. The mourne men could also have Ambrose Rodgers, Liam Doyle and Danny Hughes fit for the match. Even so I don't think it will be enough to stop a hungry rebels team that is looking pretty strong and Down haven't been as convincing. Cork bring in Fintan Goold into their half-forwards to replace the injured sheehan and am expecting a good performance from the likes of Graham Canty, John Miskella and the forwards. Should make good viewing on TSG next week- Dork by 10
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Football Qualifers RD3/4- Revenge of the Mourne? Empty Re: Football Qualifers RD3/4- Revenge of the Mourne?

Post by Irish Curry Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:43 pm

Tyrone by 3
Kildare by 15
Limerick by 2
Cork by 3
The cork match will be close but I think we'll just sneak it, but you never know... Tumbleweed
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Football Qualifers RD3/4- Revenge of the Mourne? Empty Re: Football Qualifers RD3/4- Revenge of the Mourne?

Post by RebelBhoy Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:35 pm

Yerra we'll just go up for the day out.

Canty'll not be starting. CC is playing silly beggars.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri 22 Jul 2011, 9:45 am

Armagh by 2
Wexford by 7 (sorry lads)
Kildare by 10
Down by 2

Hurling:
Galway by 15
Dubs Limerick DRAW

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Fri 22 Jul 2011, 9:57 am

Both RTE and Hoganstand say canty will be starting. Dork are the AI champions and have strength in depth. Don't think it will be all that close, the rebels were outmatched by Kerry but Down have hardly had a convincing campaign so far.

Dissapointment for you Cari, no Cads in the starting XV.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:12 am

Gaelic-Warrior wrote:

Might be better than Jamie Sull for tomorrow. I hope to God Canty doesn't start. Even if Cork win the AI this year(won't happen) I want Counihan to go.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:47 am

Wassup with Cads then? Hope he's not injured. Crying or Very sad

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:53 am

He is Poopie,is the main problem Run

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:55 am

Thom - has he really gone that bad? What are they doing to him?! He was quite good last year...maybe he really needs to reconsider his dual-code status. Time to choose...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:00 pm

No he is not that bad but he doesn't deserve to start at the moment. If we drop Canty(please God), he could slot into the corner with The Shield filling in at full back. He is going to have to choose soon and he should pick hurling. He is better at it and despite playing out of position, he is a guaranteed starter.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:02 pm

I think he'd pick hurling anyway if had to choose....he's won an All Ireland in the football....that's sooo last year now Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:05 pm

He won't see one in hurling for at least another 5 years! If he had a decent coach he could win multiple football ones.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:20 pm

Gaelic-Warrior wrote:Both RTE and Hoganstand say canty will be starting. Dork are the AI champions and have strength in depth. Don't think it will be all that close, the rebels were outmatched by Kerry but Down have hardly had a convincing campaign so far.

blufftastic.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:22 pm

Thomond wrote:No he is not that bad but he doesn't deserve to start at the moment. If we drop Canty(please God), he could slot into the corner with The Shield filling in at full back. He is going to have to choose soon and he should pick hurling. He is better at it and despite playing out of position, he is a guaranteed starter.

I'd say that he'll start and it will be in the corner. the named team is a bluff.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:35 pm

What would you say is the dork team we're likely to see on the day then?
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Fri 22 Jul 2011, 6:13 pm

I'd say cork'll start with cads in the corner.

There may be jiggery pokery with Kissane too. Both teams are bluffs imo.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Fri 22 Jul 2011, 6:50 pm

Not heard any confirmation of down yet. We'll see on matchday. Perhaps it will be a good week for Clarke's from Ulster. Can't really see it though. How popular is CC as manager amongst the supporters, not as convinving as last year a sign that he's taken the team as far as he can?
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 22 Jul 2011, 8:32 pm

Stick Noelie on Clarke. Clarke did sweet F all on Noelie last September.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Fri 22 Jul 2011, 9:59 pm

Thomond would you perfer if cork lost in this match or the next and CC was sacked or cork won the All Ireland and CC stayed?
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Fri 22 Jul 2011, 10:06 pm

Armagh by 2, yes you heard it here first
Kildare to bet Derry by 4 or 5, If I was derry man I would take some of the earlier posts as an insult
Wexford by at least 6
Down by at least 3, Steady improvement over the last number of games. Cork have beaten Clare and Waterford? how does that put them that far head of Down?. League form means nothing at this point. From the actual games I have seen Live this year Down are not as dependent on Clarke.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:30 pm

Tough one Curry,let's be honest even if we lose tomorrow he won't get sacked. The only way he will be gone is if he steps down. Think I would have to go for option 2.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sat 23 Jul 2011, 1:02 am

huh?? CC has a few frailties but he has learned and we have watched him do it.

one thing is for sure, we'd have no All Irelands under Teddy Holland. CC owes us nothing at this stage.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sat 23 Jul 2011, 1:34 am

Breandán Mac an Bheatha
Brendan McVeigh
An Ríocht

Aodhán Ó Brannagáin
Aiden Branagan Cill Chua

Dónall Mac Mhuirneacháin
Dan Gordon Loch an Oileáin

Gearóid Mac Ártáin
Gerard McCartan Boireann

Deaglán Ó Ruanaidh
Declan Rooney
Boireann

Caoimhín Mac Thiarnáin
Kevin McKernan Boireann

Conchúr Ó Gairbhith
Conor Garvey
Droichead Mhaigh Eo

Colm Ó Cionga
Kalum King Áth Bhriain

Antaine Mac Árdghail
Anton McArdle Boireann

Liam Ó Dúil
Liam Doyle
Liatroim

Marcas Mac Poilín
Mark Poland
Cloch Fhada

Conchúr Mag Fhinn
Conor Maginn
Áth Bhriain

Conchúr Mac Laibheartaigh
Conor Laverty
Cill Chua

Breandán Ó Coltáir
Brendan Coulter
Droichead Mhaigh Eo

Mairtín Ó Cléirigh
Martin Clarke
An Ríocht
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:07 am

Just wondering RB as Thomond said he wanted him to go and I'm sure I saw a few similar comments on another forum a while ago- thought mabye there was an element in the cork support not particularly happy with him.

Here don't know if you noticed yet but I PM'd you yesterday.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:18 am

sorry bud, missed that.

there was an element mid way through last year that thought he had taken us just about as far as he could. Jack O'Connor has shown, along with his selectors that they are inventive and very clever in achieving their ends. CC has learned a lot in those encounters. It was when we thought he wasn't learning that folk thought he should pack it in.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:22 am

Right kids, see y'all on the flip side.

"and we're all off to Dublin in the green (car)"
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:26 am

Cheers RB got your reply. OK

Ger O'Sullivain is expecting a tougher game for Cork than I am, he states that it'd more or less unfair to use the fact that down have struggled so far as they did the same last year but still came good. I suppose he's got a point but although they've got a good squad they still stink of inconsistency. Enjoy the game Rebel, I'm going to see if I can catch any on the air waves.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:35 am

Enjoy the day out Rebel! Very Happy

gaelic - it might be live on Newstalk if not RTE radio.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 23 Jul 2011, 11:08 am

I'm not happy with Counihan as he doesn't know his best team and his tactics have been questionable at times. Everyone and their dog in Killarney could see that short kick outs weren't working and that we would have success going long. Why not change it? His reluctance to drop Canty is also mind boggling. It took to the second half for him to realise that if you get Paul Kerrigan to run at people he will cause problems. He is one of the best in the country at it.

Last edited by Thomond on Sat 23 Jul 2011, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sat 23 Jul 2011, 3:27 pm

[quote="Thomond"]I'm not happy with Counihan as he doesn't know his best team and his tactics have been questionable at times. Everyone and their dog in Killarney could see that short kick outs weren't working and that we would have success going long. Why not change it? His reluctance to drop Canty is also mind boggling. It took to the second half for him to release that if you get Paul Kerrigan to run at people he will cause problems. He is one of the best in the country at it.[/quote]

Yeah I agree its not like our forwards score for fun is it Crying or Very sad . We always have seem to have 60%+ possesion but don't really make it count, it really drives me mad Doh

CC is very loayle to certain players too which is a bit worrying
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 23 Jul 2011, 4:02 pm

Even though it's two hours to throw in,I'm getting a bit nervous!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sat 23 Jul 2011, 4:05 pm

[quote="Thomond"]Even though it's two hours to throw in,I'm getting a bit nervous! [/quote]

I wonder if the TV3 Corrage can sink to new lows this time furious
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 23 Jul 2011, 4:06 pm

What's lower than the coverage they already have?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Sat 23 Jul 2011, 5:41 pm

funny how only the ulster runners up have to play 6 days later. time for a change incase people might think the gaa are anti ulster. laughing
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:16 pm

Low or not, for me, low coverage is better than no coverage.
Live Score- 1-5 to 0-5 to cork.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:20 pm

Cork down to 14 men, injury to goulding.
And its a score from benny coulter- 1-5/ 0-7

Rebel sub- O'Driscoll in for Goulding....
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:22 pm

Now the cork sub o'driscol is down after being sandwiched by two down men. Yellow for down's gordon for a stray boot. Free kick and over for cork-
1-6 to 0-7
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:26 pm

Great play from Cork, that down defence split right open and fintan comes in to slot it past the keeper. Good run and finish.
2-6 to 1-7 Cork.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:29 pm

Some excellent stuff here from cork, slow build-up possession football. Down being dominated.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:32 pm

Marty Clarke puts over a free- 2-6 to 0-8 in favour of Cork.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:35 pm

kerrigan score, 2-8 to 0-8. Down lead 4-1 on yellas, come on tae f**k ref.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:40 pm

Cork 2-8 Down 0-9
HT

Time to watch ads on Supervalu and Guinness.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:44 pm

Decent but not great. Midfield is still a concern,we aren't winning enough of our kickouts. Kerrigan pulling the strings again. Goulding a bit of a concern but we should be able to cope without him for the rest of this game at least. Happy with what I've seen so far. You won't see a better pass this year for Donncha's goal. Sublime!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:47 pm

That was a brilliant pass. Cork having plenty of possesion but Down no where near out of sight.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:50 pm

Down are still in it no doubt about it. Didn't see what Clarke did to Noelie,what a scut. Noelie keeping Clarke's involvment down though. Plenty to improve on but getting through this game is all that matters. Goold's goal shows the confidence he has takes a lot of cojones to go for a shot like that.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:55 pm

I missed about the first 15-20 mins of this unfortunately. Fintan's goal was probably my favourite of the two, excellent run through and good finish in the corner.
Teams coming out and the second half about to begin...
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:59 pm

Marty Clarke kicks his 3rd of the match from a free. 2-8 to 0-10.
Chance of a down goal!!! Saved by Quirke!!!!
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:01 pm

Donncha O'Connor puts one over. A close shave that one
2-9 to 0-10 advantage Cork.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:02 pm

Down Sub, Hughes off, Mooney on....
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:04 pm

Another Score from O'conner, set up by a great charge straight through down's back line by Cads.
2-10 to 0-10
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next