The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Qualifers RD3/4- Revenge of the Mourne?

+9
Captain Charisma
patrick91
Ar aghaidh le cheile
Cari
Thomond
John Cregan
RebelBhoy
Irish Curry
Gaelic-Warrior
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Football Qualifers RD3/4- Revenge of the Mourne? - Page 3 Empty Football Qualifers RD3/4- Revenge of the Mourne?

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Predictions for this weeks qualifiers in the championship football-
Round 3-

Trone V oor ma- Red hands by 9

Round 4-

Kildare V Derry- Kildare by 11
Limerick V Wexford- Wexford by 3

And undoubtedly the pick of the week Cork V Down-
No confirmations of the an dun team but here are dork's starters-

Quirke

O'Sullivain- Canty- Shields

O'Leary- Miskella- Kissane

O'Connor- Walsh

Goold- Kelly- O'Neil

Goulding- O'Connor- Kerrigan

After reading the comments of Kevin McKernan and his boss McCartan it is clear that Down obviously are right up for this and will put up a good fight. The mourne men could also have Ambrose Rodgers, Liam Doyle and Danny Hughes fit for the match. Even so I don't think it will be enough to stop a hungry rebels team that is looking pretty strong and Down haven't been as convincing. Cork bring in Fintan Goold into their half-forwards to replace the injured sheehan and am expecting a good performance from the likes of Graham Canty, John Miskella and the forwards. Should make good viewing on TSG next week- Dork by 10
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Football Qualifers RD3/4- Revenge of the Mourne? - Page 3 Empty Re: Football Qualifers RD3/4- Revenge of the Mourne?

Post by RebelBhoy Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:54 pm

dubs v roscommon or tyrone
kerry v limerick
mayo v cork
donegal v kildare
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Football Qualifers RD3/4- Revenge of the Mourne? - Page 3 Empty Re: Football Qualifers RD3/4- Revenge of the Mourne?

Post by Thomond Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:54 pm

Cari,are your tickets for next week? Looks like you won't see the Dubs Cry

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:57 pm

no dubs.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:58 pm

Thomond wrote:Cari,are your tickets for next week? Looks like you won't see the Dubs Cry

I just got a text Cry

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:59 pm

Yes,next week. You might get to see Donegal and Kerry play.

Cork will play Kerry in the semis if they win. Dublin will play Kildare or Donegal if they win.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Maybe go see the dubs training in parnell park??

Rotten draw for limerick...........still, hopefully we'll give it a go, take them on for 70 mins and see how we get on..............the odds on repeats of the Munster & leinster finals are very low, although im beginning to like Tyrones chances......

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:39 pm

Any kind of redemption would be good for Limerick.
Really and truly, you'd be satisfied with it.

Mayo have been poor but I'd not discount them entirely. Having a whole forward lines worth of players out will be a big test for us.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:50 pm

Cork really impressive last night........................
pity there is a bit of a sour taste after that controversial "point" last night, but i think this Limerick team deserved a break and apparently the ball was definitely fouled for Wexfords goal..................................

Im sure Stephen Lucey will be back as well and he will be fresh.....................i just hope we get into Kerry and physically compete with them unlike 7 weeks ago.....................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:53 pm

Good idea John! I didn't think of that. Very Happy

It's all good though, these things happen for a reason. I remember the last time I visited Dublin to watch rugby my favourite player wasn't chosen to play in the match I went to. I met him accidentally on the plane home though Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:40 am

Tony Davis gave Brolly a good bashing on TSG.

Amazing that Martygate didn't get an airing.

Sure we have no skill at all. Lucky back to back League wins and a fluke all ireland. just big lads who can run a bit.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:47 am

"Martygate"???.........Clarke or Morrissey?

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:57 am

Clarke.

He should have seen red very early on for punching our little angel.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:11 am

Rebel,they didn't even show a replay on TV3 for the match. Noelie did good on him again. Also Kerrigan for an all star?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by akaredtop Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:35 am

Hi all. I have'nt been on here for a while with holidays, pressures at work and family weddings. Did I miss much? Fantastic result for Limerick against Wexford. It is unlucky for both teams in that Limerick and Kerry have to meet again. Limerick will have a psychological barrier while Kerry will not learn much if they beat Limerick again. Cork did look impressive against Down. Even if Down were disappointing Cork can only beat what is in front of them. I think Cork will beat Mayo so it is likely to be yet another semi at Croker between the ould Munster rivals. Cork look better prepared this year and Kerry would be underdogs.
The other half of the draw is also fascinating with a potential Dublin/Tyrone quarter and a Dublin/Kildare semi. Could it be Kerry v Tyrone in the final again? Most likely a Cork/Dublin or Kildare final. Some fantantistic games to look forward to.

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:53 am

While they were discussing the referee and umpires of the Wexford Limerick game on TSG last night, they neglected to mention the Wexford player clearly fouling the ball before he scored their goal. As for Ian Ryan's point, it went so high, im not even sure if "Hawkeye" was there, he'd have picked it up..............inconclusive but my gut feeling looking at the flight of the ball is that it was wide..........still, we'll take it.................

As for Kerry, it depends which Kerry turns up.....1st half or second half Kerry from the Munster final....................it's probable the winning margin will be between 10 - 15 points

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:53 pm

Thomond wrote:Rebel,they didn't even show a replay on TV3 for the match. Noelie did good on him again. Also Kerrigan for an all star?

I am not sure they caught it. It was a baffling decision to book marty, but give a kick out to cork as play had carried on. It was right in front of the linesman but I can't be sure he saw it. If he did, it isn't a yellow.

Kerrigan showed more than I can ever remember. He caused havoc in the munster final and it was more of the same on saturday. He shouldered a lot of responsibility and should be considered for an all star. Hopefully we'll take sam again and get even less all stars than last year.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:57 pm

another thing about brolly is he was laughing about Mastersons rant. whether you wanted Limerick to win or not, you can appreciate the frustration of the wexford lads
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:42 pm

The type of article written is perfect fotr the newspaper.....they will probably get double the amount of readers next................Brolly pushes the buttons in the same way Liam Hayes does...............by Hayes making ludicrous comments like "Dublin have the best forwards in the country", im not sure whether he actually means it or is jusy trying to get a rise out of Kerry, Cork etc............

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by akaredtop Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:01 pm

You could make a fortune off Hayes' predictions in that he gets everything wrong. He is an awful writer and terrible manger so he uses shock to draw attention to himself. I never read the Brolly piece but saw Tony Davis giving him a rattle over it last night.

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:37 pm

quarter finals at 6pm and 7pm? gaa starting to get way the times.
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:14 pm

Its madness that fans of Cork Kerry and Limerick have to travel up to to Croke Park on the same day... they didn't think that through at all Doh
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:23 pm

Irish Curry wrote:Its madness that fans of Cork Kerry and Limerick have to travel up to to Croke Park on the same day... they didn't think that through at all Doh

Yeah! Put the Dubs on instead!! Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:35 pm

[quote="Cari"][quote="Irish Curry"]Its madness that fans of Cork Kerry and Limerick have to travel up to to Croke Park on the same day... they didn't think that through at all Doh [/quote]

Yeah! Put the Dubs on instead!! Very Happy [/quote]

No such luck there Cari Wink
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:43 am

I'm just moaning because I'll miss them when I'm there...unless I go on a stalking mission... Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:51 am

Curry,
There wont be more than 15/20,000 there on Sunday........................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:38 am

Cari,do you have tickets to Saturday or Sunday? There's a double header on both days anyway,the better day is Sunday though. Wink

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:04 am

Thom - we didn't bother getting tickets yet (as far as I know) because the Dubs won't be there. Am going to do the CP tour instead. Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:16 am

Ah,you should go to a match anyway sure. You're going over anyway like! You can get them for €30 for 2 games.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Thomond wrote:Ah,you should go to a match anyway sure. You're going over anyway like! You can get them for €30 for 2 games.

Thom - is Eoin in for Cork? I just read this:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0726/1224301382656.html

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Cads shall be in.

Advice for you cari,

the lower cusack stand gets more sunshine in the late afternoon......if it is a nice day
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:05 pm

Hmmm I wouldn't mind seeing Mr C in the flesh... Drool

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by akaredtop Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Cari wrote:Hmmm I wouldn't mind seeing Mr C in the flesh... Drool

I would doubt if you will see him. He usually sneaks up from behind and punches you in the back of the head.

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:16 pm

akaredtop wrote:
Cari wrote:Hmmm I wouldn't mind seeing Mr C in the flesh... Drool

I would doubt if you will see him. He usually sneaks up from behind and punches you in the back of the head.

Laugh
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:19 pm

akaredtop wrote:I would doubt if you will see him. He usually sneaks up from behind and punches you in the back of the head.

Maybe he's not very good with talking... Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:25 pm

akaredtop wrote:

You're thinking of Marty Clarke or that other thug Galvin Wink

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:18 pm

Poxy bloody draw for Cork.

While I think we will have no problem overcoming Mayo I am gutted to have drawn Kerry in the semi assuming they get there.

Being beaten in Killarney was bad enough but meeting them in Croke Park worries me big time.This is where they dominate us any time we meet them and looking ahead I cannot see it being any different this time round.

They now have Tomas O Se,Paul Galvin and Gooch back to full fitness and with our injury list I cannot see us beating them.
I now think this years All Ireland is Kerry's to lose. Crying or Very sad

Tayto

Back to top Go down

Post by akaredtop Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:36 pm

Tayto, in fairness ye have been unlucky with injuries but ye would have to meet Kerry sometime anyway. If I was a Corkman (no I cannot imagine it) I would prefer to beat Kerry on they way to winning an AI. I would still put Cork as favourites against Kerry if they meet in the semi. Kerry have no midfielder to talk about and the middle of our defence is'nt great. Marc O Sé is a great player but is wasted at full-back. Should be a Cork v Dublin final.

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Aka,if Cork are without Goulding for the semi then we will be without 4 forwards. At least 2 of them first choice. The problem is all the injuries have been in similar positions. If we had an injury in defence it mightn't have cause as much problems. I would expect Noelie to take care of Galvin like he did to Marty Clarke the last 2 times they met. He is really underated. Possibly because he has a reputation as a scumbag. But when you hear what Galvin said to him then you know why he clocked him.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Thomond,

Yes our Noalie has a reputation of being a scumbag and I most certainly agree.
Galvin and quite a few more are in the same boat as well.
To qoute what one player says to another is ridiculous as most of them are at it.
Noalie had a few choice words for O Sullivan in the Munster final but instead of reacting to it he played football instead.

A lot of pretty pathetic things are said in games between us and Kerry and it is all not one sided from Kerry believe me.

Tayto

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:01 pm

There's a difference between sledging and what Galvin is supposed to have said. He went too far.

Last edited by Thomond on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by akaredtop Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Thomond

What did Galvin say?

akaredtop

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:08 pm

You may or may not know that Noelie's brother committed suicide. Galvin supposedly said something along the lines of "No wonder your brother hung himself" or "Why don't you go do what your brother did" That is supposed to have been what he said.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:11 pm

Thomond wrote:Aka,if Cork are without Goulding for the semi then we will be without 4 forwards. At least 2 of them first choice. The problem is all the injuries have been in similar positions. If we had an injury in defence it mightn't have cause as much problems. I would expect Noelie to take care of Galvin like he did to Marty Clarke the last 2 times they met. He is really underated. Possibly because he has a reputation as a scumbag. But when you hear what Galvin said to him then you know why he clocked him.

I don't think he said that.....

the dentist is a scumbag, but i don't believe it.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Thomond wrote:You may or may not know that Noelie's brother committed suicide. Galvin supposedly said something along the lines of "No wonder your brother hung himself" or "Why don't you go do what your brother did" That is supposed to have been what he said.

and noellie's best mate too.. he's ha a rough time.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:14 pm

Rebel,I made a point of saying that it is not fact only a person's view but we're a nation of gossipers so...

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:19 pm

I responded to the first one, I knew the rumours though.

I am mad for an aul gossip though too.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by petethepete Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:09 am

I dislike Galvin as much as the next Corkman, but even I fine it hard to beileve he would say something this low!

petethepete

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:21 am

I hope he didn't say that. IF he did, I'm not surprised he winds people up!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:08 am

I don't know if it is true,it mostly likely isn't. Galvin isn't that much of a scumbag like. He is a teacher though,and apart from the duster incident last year I've heard other objects being thrown about.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:56 am

ex teacher now.

rumours about that too. probably untrute
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next