The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrogant Khan

+15
Imperial Ghosty
Super D Boon
bhb001
BALTIMORA
razzaq
88Chris05
The Galveston Giant
paperbag_puncher
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
Dass
Scottrf
coxy0001
Union Cane
d260005p
19 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Arrogant Khan Empty Arrogant Khan

Post by d260005p Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:01 am

Just found a quick thread for all those Khan fans/haters. Amir is explaining why he thinks he isnt arrogant and that its all banter. What you guys think? I dont think he is as many of you are aware, i just feel he has a great sense of self belief and confidence.

http://www.boxingscene.com/amir-khan-hits-back-critics-who-call-him-arrogant--41957

Cheers, enjoy your day!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Arrogant Khan Empty Re: Arrogant Khan

Post by Union Cane Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:09 am

I think you'll find that the word is "haterz".
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:12 am

I don't think he's arrogant. I think he's an arrogant tosspot. The difference is like comparing a great white shark and a penguin in terms of ferocious killing machines.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:15 am

Hardly one to criticise someone for arrogance coxy...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:16 am

Scottrf wrote:Hardly one to criticise someone for arrogance coxy...

Not sure of your point, not like i said he needs to sort his anger issues out.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:17 am

Good sport.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:17 am

coxy0001 wrote:I don't think he's arrogant. I think he's an arrogant tosspot. The difference is like comparing a great white shark and a penguin in terms of ferocious killing machines.

I'd be siding with the Penguin in that one.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:19 am

Dass wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:I don't think he's arrogant. I think he's an arrogant tosspot. The difference is like comparing a great white shark and a penguin in terms of ferocious killing machines.

A small biscuit based confectionary snack. I don't get it?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:20 am

Dass wrote:

Penguin 1 Great White 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OvS87P9r4k

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:21 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:A small biscuit based confectionary snack. I don't get it?

I sometimes think you do it on purpose Tino.

He obviously meant the publisher of paperback novels.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:22 am

In that case Union Penguin are obviously better as anything in black and white, which books tend to be is better than colour.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:22 am

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:A small biscuit based confectionary snack. I don't get it?

I sometimes think you do it on purpose Tino.

He obviously meant the publisher of paperback novels.

I stand corrected then.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:23 am

Don't think its his arrogance thats the problem. Its more that he comes across as a bit of a plank. Some ppl can pull it of like Flyod whereas some like Khan cannot.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:25 am

paperbag_puncher wrote:Don't think its his arrogance thats the problem. Its more that he comes across as a bit of a plank. Some ppl can pull it of like Flyod whereas some like Khan cannot.
You mean...some like Amir Khan't.

Tumbleweed

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:25 am

rowley wrote:In that case Union Penguin are obviously better as anything in black and white, which books tend to be is better than colour.

Just give it a rest Jeff. This is a thread about Amir Khan and his haterz, not about old things and imaginary fighters. You're old, we get it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:27 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rowley wrote:In that case Union Penguin are obviously better as anything in black and white, which books tend to be is better than colour.

Just give it a rest Jeff. This is a thread about Amir Khan and his haterz, not about old things and imaginary fighters. You're old, we get it.

Fine, if that's how you want to play it. I'm off to watch It's a Wonderful life and listen to Vera Lynn

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:28 am

I love it when Union comes on here and has the best arguments along with Scottrf and Coxy. Where is Baltimora.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:29 am

rowley wrote:Fine, if that's how you want to play it. I'm off to watch It's a Wonderful life...

No need to run and hide Jeff...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:29 am

rowley wrote:

Fine, if that's how you want to play it. I'm off to watch It's a Wonderful life and listen to Vera Lynn

Did you happen to see both of them when they first came out by any chance?. ("Mr Smith Goes to Washington" was the better Capra film also.)

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:30 am

rowley wrote:

It's a Wonderful Life is a great film. Frank Capra, brilliant. You can stay on for a bit longer now Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:33 am

Have not seen Mr Smith though will have to try and get hold of it now as I do love It's a Wonderful life, tears to a glass eye stuff, although obviously I didn't cry, I'm a Yorkshireman, have not shed a tear since Fiery Fred passed away.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:35 am

rowley wrote:Have not seen Mr Smith though will have to try and get hold of it now as I do love It's a Wonderful life, tears to a glass eye stuff, although obviously I didn't cry, I'm a Yorkshireman, have not shed a tear since Fiery Fred passed away.

He was a bit Fiery our Fred.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:37 am

rowley wrote:Have not seen Mr Smith though will have to try and get hold of it now as I do love It's a Wonderful life, tears to a glass eye stuff, although obviously I didn't cry, I'm a Yorkshireman, have not shed a tear since Fiery Fred passed away.

Come on Jeff, you had some dust in your eye.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:38 am

Come on Jeff, you had some dust in your eye.

And I'd been peeling onions

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:40 am

If I was to recommend Capra films I'd say you have to see the following if your a fan of the man.

Mr Smith Goes to Washington - His best work without doubt.
It Happened One Night - I'm not a Clark Gable fan but this is the one film I thought he was excellent in.
Mr Deeds Goes to Town - Brilliant film before Adam Sandler butchered it.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:41 am

Have seen Mr Deeds, agree about Sandler, will be some time until I forgive him for that

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:43 am

Has Saville gone yet?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:49 am

rowley wrote:Have seen Mr Deeds, agree about Sandler, will be some time until I forgive him for that

Film, just another medium for you thats better in black/white though early days of colour was top notch also. Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:50 am

Union Cane wrote:Has Saville gone yet?

Now then, now then! Ol' Savile is still going strong lad. Howzabout that, then?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:51 am

Dass wrote:
rowley wrote:Have seen Mr Deeds, agree about Sandler, will be some time until I forgive him for that

Film, just another medium for you thats better in black/white though early days of colour was top notch also. Very Happy

The Hustler > The Colour of Money

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:53 am

rowley wrote:
Dass wrote:

Agree and by a country mile. Loved Minnesota Fats Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:54 am

Though "12 Angry Men" was in colour...

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:56 am

Gold old jimmy. Loved that program.

The sad thing is, little kids sitting on a blinged up 50+ blokes lap would be deemed innapproprite these days. Coming to think of it, I haven't seen the werther's original advert for a while..... Once had a job transferring boxes of werther's originals from a Euro pallet to a UK pallet. Fascinating stuff.

Last edited by razzaq on Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:56 am

Dass wrote:
rowley wrote:
Dass wrote:

Even has Jake La Motta in as the barman in the train station to give it a tenuous boxing link. George C Scott is awesome in that, as he is in just about everything

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:00 am

rowley wrote:
Dass wrote:
rowley wrote:
Dass wrote:

Even has Jake La Motta in as the barman in the train station to give it a tenuous boxing link. George C Scott is awesome in that, as he is in just about everything

Probably say Dr Stranglelove (even ends on a Vera Lynn song) is my favourite George C Scott performance, though I'm more a Henry Fonda fan.

Last edited by Dass on Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:01 am

You've lost me...

Headscratch
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:02 am

Dass wrote:

What about a "modern" movie, filmed in black and white Dass? Schindlers List or something along those lines. Uh, answer me that clever clogs.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:03 am

As great as Scott and Fonda were, evolution and developments of acting techniques and acting training mean that they wouldn't last two seconds on screen with today's actor such as Zach Efron, Jason Statham and Justin Timberlake.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:04 am

paperbag_puncher wrote:Don't think its his arrogance thats the problem. Its more that he comes across as a bit of a plank. Some ppl can pull it of like Flyod whereas some like Khan cannot.

This. Very little charisma and zero sense of irony ruin things for Khan. If he said some of the things he does, but with a sense of humour, or even a wry smile or a hint of sarcasm, he'd be easier to relate to. As it is he has all the personality of paper clip.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:05 am

88Chris05 wrote:As great as Scott and Fonda were, evolution and developments of acting techniques and acting training mean that they wouldn't last two seconds on screen with today's actor such as Zach Efron, Jason Statham and Justin Timberlake.

I thought Trousersnake was quite good in Social Network...... Independence Day and Top Gun are in my all time Top 5 though.

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:05 am

88Chris05 wrote:As great as Scott and Fonda were, evolution and developments of acting techniques and acting training mean that they wouldn't last two seconds on screen with today's actor such as Zach Efron, Jason Statham and Justin Timberlake.

Statham for one thing would kick the living poopie out of Jane Fonda.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:05 am

Fonda is terrific, the aforementioned 12 Angry Men is an incredible film. Agree with Chris though, Jason Statham would have improved it somewhat.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:06 am

Did Henry Fonda even exist?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:06 am

Dass wrote:

What about a "modern" movie, filmed in black and white Dass? Schindlers List or something along those lines. Uh, answer me that clever clogs.

Raging Bull..?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:07 am

So you think Khan is arrogant?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:07 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
Dass wrote:

Raging Bull..?

Stop trying to bring this thread round to boxing Balti.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:08 am

Dass wrote:

There's a couple around but to infrequent these days, prefer "Man Bites Dog" or "Pi" to "Schindlers List" though Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:10 am

Since we're on about black and white films and to avoid this thread getting kicked into the pub thread if anyone has not seen the Harder they Fall is worth watching, very cynical in it's portrayal of the sport but a decent film, Humphrey Bogart's last screen role and even has Jersey Joe Walcott as the trainer in it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:10 am

rowley wrote:Fonda is terrific, the aforementioned 12 Angry Men is an incredible film. Agree with Chris though, Jason Statham would have improved it somewhat.

In a car crash kind of way I'd quite like to see Jason Statham in a remake of 12 Angry Men, I think there's something wrong with me.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:11 am

Scottrf wrote:
So you think Khan is arrogant?

Yep, but no more than a lot of other boxers are.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next