The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrogant Khan

+15
Imperial Ghosty
Super D Boon
bhb001
BALTIMORA
razzaq
88Chris05
The Galveston Giant
paperbag_puncher
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
Dass
Scottrf
coxy0001
Union Cane
d260005p
19 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Arrogant Khan - Page 5 Empty Arrogant Khan

Post by d260005p Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just found a quick thread for all those Khan fans/haters. Amir is explaining why he thinks he isnt arrogant and that its all banter. What you guys think? I dont think he is as many of you are aware, i just feel he has a great sense of self belief and confidence.

http://www.boxingscene.com/amir-khan-hits-back-critics-who-call-him-arrogant--41957

Cheers, enjoy your day!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Arrogant Khan - Page 5 Empty Re: Arrogant Khan

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:17 am

joeyjojo618 wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:I didn't think it was a mess all round. In a whole number of ways it pushed the envelope. Design-wise it was impeccable. The fact that the story was nothing new or original was no bad thing.

The hippy, tree hugging message of Avatar made me want to damage the environment. We are destroying the planet, thanks for ramming that message down our throats Cameron you condescending douchebag. The cliche, gun toting marine lunatic was awful as well.

Rubbish, I get annoyed just thinking about that film.

Almost couldn't take you seriously for using that word..! Smile It was a predictable flick, but it didn't do any of those predictable aspects badly

By contrast the Matrix films were nigh-on unwatchable toss, Tim Burton hasn't made a decent film in at least fifteen years, and Johnny Depp seems incapable of making a film that makes money unless he plays the SAME character he's been playing for what seems a lifetime. You only have to look at the slew of remakes/reboots/sequels/prequels/re-imaginings that are currently underway to see that Avatar was far from terrible.

Robocop
Conan
Total Recall (with Colin Farrell, no less)
Spider-man (rebooted a mere seven minutes since the last one came out)
The Thing
Planet of the Apes

Is anyone actually holding out any hope for any of these? That's without even mentioning the [word I'm not allowed to type] new ThunderCats reboot..!!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:25 am

Thundercats has been shelved again as far as I'm aware so you're safe for now with that one. Can't disagree with what you've said regarding the dross due to come out and Johnny Depp seems to con people into thinking he's a top actor. Yet despite all this I'm still chucking Avatar in with them for being a complete waste of time and cash that if hadn't involved obscene amounts of money/CGI would be rightly panned as it should be.

I've only ever had two films where I've had to stop watching cause I was that bored one was Uwe Bolls "In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale" which is so bizarrely cast and poor shot its akin to a episode of Power Rangers which a Hollywood B-list cast. The other was Avatar. Very Happy

Edit: I did go back and watch the rest of Avatar over a further two sittings.

Last edited by Dass on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:28 am; edited 2 times in total

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:26 am

Is Total Recall the film when some bird gets 3 wabs out in front of Arnie?

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:28 am

razzaq wrote:Is Total Recall the film when some bird gets 3 wabs out in front of Arnie?

Ya that would be that one. Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:30 am

Dass have yo managed to sit through Kingdom of Heaven, if so well done, got it free when i bought a blu-ray player so thought I would give it a go. Watched an hour and thought this is a bit slow, so looked on the case and realised I had about another four days to endure, of Orlando Bloom as well! suffice to say that one has not seen the light of day since.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:34 am

I had to stop watching Drag me to Hell. Complete garbage with very few, if any, redeeming features.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:35 am

Yeah watched Kingdom of Heaven, if your going to watch it it has to be the directors cut which (your going to hate this) is a extra 40-50 mins of film in it. Turns it into a much different film in terms of story and pacing, for me its much for the better as a result.

The theatrical release does not do the film justice in my eyes.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:35 am

Dass wrote:Thundercats has been shelved again as far as I'm aware so you're safe for now with that one. Can't disagree with what you've said regarding the dross due to come out and Johnny Depp seems to con people into thinking he's a top actor. Yet despite all this I'm still chucking Avatar in with them for being a complete waste of time and cash that if hadn't involved obscene amounts of money/CGI would be rightly panned as it should be.

I've only ever had two films where I've had to stop watching cause I was that bored one was Uwe Bolls "In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale" which is so bizarrely cast and poor shot its akin to a episode of Power Rangers which a Hollywood B-list cast. The other was Avatar. Very Happy

Edit: I did go back and watch the rest of Avatar over a further two sittings.

Uwe Boll has acquired a reputation based on a consistently turgid CV consisting largely of videogame-to-movie adaptations. As a general rule, these NEVER go well, regardless of director or studio. Dungeon Siege is one of them. I was under the impression with ThunderCats that there was a new series being launched soon. Look like Ben10...

You're right that Avatar wouldn't have had the same response had it been made on $10million, but I can't agree that the CG is anything less than exemplary. For that, it set a benchmark, just like King Kong did-both the original and the three-and-a-half-hour mess directed by Peter Jackson.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:35 am

Liked Kingdom of Heaven. Needed a massive battle scene at the end though.

Four Feathers was a decent watch.

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:36 am

rowley wrote:Dass have yo managed to sit through Kingdom of Heaven, if so well done, got it free when i bought a blu-ray player so thought I would give it a go. Watched an hour and thought this is a bit slow, so looked on the case and realised I had about another four days to endure, of Orlando Bloom as well! suffice to say that one has not seen the light of day since.

Boring, dull film. Orlando Bloom couldn't carry a film in a bucket. He's as wooden as they come.

Also, Tino; good call on Drag me to Hull. Cack of the highest order.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:38 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
rowley wrote:Dass have yo managed to sit through Kingdom of Heaven, if so well done, got it free when i bought a blu-ray player so thought I would give it a go. Watched an hour and thought this is a bit slow, so looked on the case and realised I had about another four days to endure, of Orlando Bloom as well! suffice to say that one has not seen the light of day since.

Boring, dull film. Orlando Bloom couldn't carry a film in a bucket. He's as wooden as they come.

Also, Tino; good call on Drag me to Hull. Cack of the highest order.

I didn't even last that long through it Balti. Some old witch started sucking the chin of a young girl and at that point I decided life was too short.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:39 am

Missus made me watch 'Lovely Bones' on Sunday night. If ever you're close to topping yourself, steer clear of it. That said it is a decentfilm. Seriously f'd up though.

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:40 am

I dare anyone to try and sit through "In the name of the King" though Coxy might enjoy it since it stars Statham. It has one of the most bizarre casts and some truly horrible decisions in which role to cats them, I personally think they just picked their roles from a hat. Remember LOTR and the Goblins/Orcs that looked well done well imagine the same but replaced by the puddy men from Power Rangers. Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:41 am

razzaq wrote:Missus made me watch 'Lovely Bones' on Sunday night. If ever you're close to topping yourself, steer clear of it. That said it is a decentfilm. Seriously f'd up though.

Oddly enough, mine watched that just last night. Heard mixed things, so I left her to it.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:43 am

What about A Serbian Film, anyone had the misfortune of seeing that piece of political garbage.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:44 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
razzaq wrote:Missus made me watch 'Lovely Bones' on Sunday night. If ever you're close to topping yourself, steer clear of it. That said it is a decentfilm. Seriously f'd up though.

Oddly enough, mine watched that just last night. Heard mixed things, so I left her to it.

I didn't enjoy it at all, although I did quite like the book (prepared for a kicking on that).

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:44 am

BALTIMORA wrote:

Mark Wahlberg was good in it, as was Susan Sarandon. Rachel Weiss is very easy on the eye but not really the film to make you think about hanging out the back of it.

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:45 am

Why are they desecrating all the films that I loved when I was younger?

Lucas should be in the hague for that desperate India Jones film with the aliens in.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 am

There's a new Thundercats cartoon/anime coming out in a few months but the live action film has been shelved last I heard after another failed attempt to get it going. Maybe if the new cartoon is a success it will see the light of day again.

I'll defend Kingdom of Heaven and reiterate the point the directors cut makes it a far better movie in many aspects. Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:47 am

Can I suggest that if you want to talk films, you get yourself over to here:

https://www.606v2.com/f47-the-film-thread

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:48 am

You can suggest it. There a a number of things I could suggest, would not think for a minute you would act on any of them.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:49 am

Dass wrote:There's a new Thundercats cartoon/anime coming out in a few months but the live action film has been shelved last I heard after another failed attempt to get it going. Maybe if the new cartoon is a success it will see the light of day again.

I'll defend Kingdom of Heaven and reiterate the point the directors cut makes it a far better movie in many aspects. Very Happy

It has the usual Ridley Scott gloss to it, and high production standards, but it's just so slow...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:50 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:What about A Serbian Film, anyone had the misfortune of seeing that piece of political garbage.

Nope but then horror isn't something I tend to gravitate towards, plus I'd heard it was a mess from people who have. Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:50 am

Hobo wrote:Can I suggest that if you want to talk films, you get yourself over to here:

https://www.606v2.com/f47-the-film-thread

Don't wish to tread on your toes, Hobo, but I left it here so that the lads can comment on whether or not we need a sub section for database stuff, such as Q & As, book reviews, Hall of Fame, etc.

Having said that, you fellas, haven't given any opinions, yet. Any thoughts ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:51 am

It's not strictly a horror film, very very disturbing but the political message behind it strangely makes perfect sense.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:51 am

Dass wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:What about A Serbian Film, anyone had the misfortune of seeing that piece of political garbage.

Nope but then horror isn't something I tend to gravitate towards, plus I'd heard it was a mess from people who have. Very Happy

Same here. I'd heard it was pretty much a poor excuse to put some content of an 'extreme' nature in a flick.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:51 am

Windy since without the permanent section of the board my reviews thread would sink like the Titanic (see how I worked a film reference in) I am all in favour of it

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:53 am

There's already a Q&A subsection, I like them being sticky for a bit when new.

I don't think other threads need to be stickied because you can search/bump, but subsection would be preferable for me because the current PC has a small monitor.

1 HOF one is enough as a sticky, it can include the inductees on the first page, there's an edit option.

Oh and news thread sticky>pub as pub is mainly junk, and I tried adding news to it but I think it was ignore because spam got moved there.

Those are just my preferences though.

Last edited by Scottrf on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:53 am

I think you'll find Hobo that we are talking about boxing. Khan is quite arrogant isnt he?

Has anyone seen 'the orphanage'? I want to get some spanish horror films and I heard this was pretty good.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:54 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:It's not strictly a horror film, very very disturbing but the political message behind it strangely makes perfect sense.

Might watch it at some point down the line but not high on my list of films to watch to increase my geekness. Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:55 am

Speaking of Serbian films, anyone seen Saviour with Dennis Quaid. Good film.

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:55 am

rowley wrote:Windy since without the permanent section of the board my reviews thread would sink like the Titanic (see how I worked a film reference in) I am all in favour of it

Okay, jeff.

I like the idea, also, though I assure you that the book reviews will remain a sticky anyway. It's just that some folks reckon that the ' sticky ' section is getting a little cluttered and intrusive, and if we get any more Q & As it will become increasingly so.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:56 am

Make sure you haven't eaten for a few days when you do finally come round to watching it Dass, does induce vomitting more than once.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:56 am

Wasn't a fan of the Orphanage thought it was overrated, though ti wasn't terrible. If I had to recommend Spanish horror then I'd suggest "Cronos" as the best fo the current influx in recent years.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:58 am

razzaq wrote:Speaking of Serbian films, anyone seen Saviour with Dennis Quaid. Good film.

Is it even possible for a film to have Dennis Quaid in it in recent times and be considered good??!. Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:58 am

The pub thread we may as well just get rid of Windy while the global announcements seem pretty pointless, how many of us give a damm about an interview with anyone other than a boxer nor from reading through the comments does anyone care about the primetime link up.

Latest Interview
HOF
Boxing Reviews

Would have thought that's all we need as a sticky.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:59 am

Traffic was good, not sure if that qualifies as recent though

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by razzaq Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:00 am

Dass wrote:
razzaq wrote:Speaking of Serbian films, anyone seen Saviour with Dennis Quaid. Good film.

Is it even possible for a film to have Dennis Quaid in it in recent times and be considered good??!. Very Happy

It must have been about 10 years ago at least. Pretty horrific portrayal of the Bosnian conflict.

razzaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:00 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:The pub thread we may as well just get rid of Windy while the global announcements seem pretty pointless, how many of us give a damm about an interview with anyone other than a boxer nor from reading through the comments does anyone care about the primetime link up.

Latest Interview
HOF
Boxing Reviews

Would have thought that's all we need as a sticky.
Agree. Although if you do a subsection, could you add my documentaries/articles articles thumbsup

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:01 am

rowley wrote:Traffic was good, not sure if that qualifies as recent though

Which Traffic - the remake? Wasn't convinced myself.

Ironclad a decent attempt, (if a subtly disappointing one) at a low budget action film. Includes people being divided in twain by James Purefoy's broadsword. That isn't an innuendo btw.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:03 am

Scottrf wrote:There's already a Q&A subsection, I like them being sticky for a bit when new.

I don't think other threads need to be stickied because you can search/bump, but subsection would be preferable for me because the current PC has a small monitor.

1 HOF one is enough as a sticky, it can include the inductees on the first page, there's an edit option.

Oh and news thread sticky>pub as pub is mainly junk, and I tried adding news to it but I think it was ignore because spam got moved there.

Those are just my preferences though.

Thanks, Scott.

I take your point about the Q & As. Personally, I'd like to keep the boxing ones together as a sort of ' reference.'

As to the HOF, I agree that there is the ' edit ' function, but it can get a bit tiresome splitting threads if somebody posts in the wrong thread.

I'll unsticky the ' pub ' thread straight away, and open a ' News ' thread instead, if you like. Do you wish this to deal with exclusively boxing news or general news as well ?

As to my overall idea, I should say that I haven't run this by the other admins, yet. It just occurred to me that, as the number of stickies increases, it might be more efficient to open a sub section called ' Database ' and house the book reviews, HOF and Q & As there. I won't approach the rest of the admins until I get some idea as to whether you fellas would like it.

The Tennis forum has a sub section, so anybody interested in the layout might like to have a quick look there.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:03 am

11 years ago is to long to count as recent for me in actors career, Quaid's next movie release this year is a remake of "Footloose" in a couple of months suggests a lot of where his career has went.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:03 am

The Soderburgh film. I enjoyed it, nice to see a drug film that is not too preachy. Also really like Benicio Del Toro who was excellent in it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:04 am

razzaq wrote:
Dass wrote:

It must have been about 10 years ago at least. Pretty horrific portrayal of the Bosnian conflict.

My mistake then I'd thought it was more recent, must have confused it with something else. Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:05 am

Not sure if 'Database' is descriptive enough, although I can't offer an alternative.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:05 am

Dass wrote:

11 years ago is to long to count as recent for me in actors career, Quaid's next movie release this year is a remake of "Footloose" in a couple of months suggests a lot of where his career has went.

Looks like someone has forgot about GI Joe - Rise of Cobra.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:06 am

PS to my comment above, Scott.

Adding your ' documentary ' thread to any proposed database is an excellent idea.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:10 am

Ironclad couldn't decide what it wanted to be, was trying in some parts to be a cheap Hollywood blockbuster (tacked on love storyline among other things). At other times it was just trying to be a brutal reincarnation of the events at hand, did best when it concentrated on the fighting and historical aspects rather than dialogue where it was trying to be a different movie.

Was historical not bad, though the castle actually had a moat most other things were done well. Though the voice over introduction made it feel like a bad history docu.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:11 am

rowley wrote:
Dass wrote:

Looks like someone has forgot about GI Joe - Rise of Cobra.

GI Joe has a 2012 relase as far as I'm aware Footlose is due out in October, though in either case its not doing Quaid's movie cred much good. Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:13 am

He was in the first GI Joe, you have give me the fear there will be a sequel now. On the plus side Sienna Miller looked well fit in the black leather catsuit.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next