The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fired up Ireland ready to throw off the Shackles

+33
Rava
marty2086
kiakahaaotearoa
Portnoy
caoimhincentre
Boyne
WillyGilly
nganboy
Feagh McHugh
red_stag
Pal Joey
D24tress
emack2
Pot Hale
Shifty
Standulstermen
Thomond
funnyExiledScot
mrsuperclear
Feckless Rogue
Cari
Notch
damngoodOvalball
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Biltong
greybeard
TheGreyGhost
Mickado
MBTGOG
RuggerRadge2611
doctor_grey
rodders
Gibson
37 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Fired up Ireland ready to throw off the Shackles  - Page 5 Empty Fired up Ireland ready to throw off the Shackles

Post by Gibson Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, we were holding back. Saving it for NZ. Not declaring our full hand. Like the Saffers. Hmmmmm. I hope so. It would make some sense.
Got to love Donnacha. It's hard not to.

"Even this morning, he (Kidney) was geared around getting results. People might say that's boring enough, but it's the little things that might lead to three points. Good drills as well, new ideas, and it's good that we've got here now and they've opened the bag a bit more. There's new plans, there's new line-outs, new moves, we haven't changed calls, just expanded them a bit."

"I didn't know at the time, but we were a little bit restricted in the warm-up games because they didn't want to show their hand. So now it's about getting up to speed for ourselves and then concentrating on America, which will be massive," added O'Callaghan.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/world-cup/firedup-ireland-ready-to-remove-shackles-2866556.html

With players who have won multiple HC's, a SLAM and who represented the Lions... ROG, POC, DOC, BOD, Sexton, Heaslip, Flannery, Cullen, SOB, Kearney, Bowe, Reddan et al - we have the nucleus of a winning 22. Players who know how to win and close out huge games in the HC. This combined experience and nous, must be brought to bear. Those players must take this responsibility. Its not just the coaching staff.

O' Driscoll, O'' Connell and O'Gara, are not going to leave anything behind them in this one. If they perform and lead - and they will - the rest will follow. That is the biggest positive I can take going into it.

Do we Believe? Phooking right we do. No more negativity. Your Country Needs You.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYHlttt--tY

Last edited by Gibson on Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Fired up Ireland ready to throw off the Shackles  - Page 5 Empty Re: Fired up Ireland ready to throw off the Shackles

Post by rodders Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:41 pm

red_stag wrote:
roddersm wrote:
red_stag wrote:

Obviously I can't predict future just base opinions on logic. To me its logical that Keatley is best placed to replaced ROG internationally.

I disagree. Niall O'Connor has more HEC experience and if he establishes himself at Connacht would be ahead of Keatley.

I'm calling your bluff. If you want I can delve into old 606 achives and find out what Ulster fans really think about NOC Smile

Rumbled Laugh !
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Fired up Ireland ready to throw off the Shackles  - Page 5 Empty Re: Fired up Ireland ready to throw off the Shackles

Post by red_stag Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:42 pm

I said it on another thread. This is great for Connacht we all have such young players that they should be able to hold onto the core of their team for a good while.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:47 pm

I have to say I won't be happy if Munsters new signing hurts Barnes development. SHould be aiming for Mafis spot.

Mafi has been so loyal though. He's at Munster over 5 years since he was a nipper (still in his 20s) and has an Irish daughter and now over 100 Munster appearances Smile Quinlan who was at Munster for 15 years only had 200

Smile
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:49 pm

red_stag wrote:Ok yes McKinley retired so it worked out but Madigan needs game time. He played a few HEC games and Berquist arrival has set that back now. Not happy.

It didn't just work out,Leinster always knew he would have to retire.The doctors told him a catract would from years ago,they were very surprised that it took so long to happen.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 08 Sep 2011, 1:00 pm

I haven't forgotten about Barnes Stag. Another very talented youngster in the centre.

At this rate we could end up with more options in the centre than England Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 08 Sep 2011, 1:02 pm

red_stag wrote:

Mafi has been so loyal though. He's at Munster over 5 years since he was a nipper (still in his 20s) and has an Irish daughter and now over 100 Munster appearances Smile Quinlan who was at Munster for 15 years only had 200

Smile

laughing If you take away about 5 years of suspensions from Quinlan's total they are about the same.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 08 Sep 2011, 1:03 pm

5 years actual suspsions and another 5 he should have been suspended for more like Smile
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5