The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

+26
theshanker
Mary
ralphjohn69
JDandfries
liegerwoods
oldshanker
golfermartin
raycastleunited
turnip
hend085
oldparwin
MustPuttBetter
Doc
Hibbz
Mercurio
navyblueshorts
Davie
Maverick
JAS
Nay
Sand
Noshankingtonite
drive4show
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
1GrumpyGolfer
barragan
30 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... Empty Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by barragan Fri 11 Nov 2011, 10:05 am

In the light of some potential starters tomorrow, I thought it might be a good thing to have a seperate thread for giving accounts of our 8 eclectic qualifiers over the winter, right here. Let the tales of woe, and banditry to the extreme, commence...

CURRENT LEADERBOARD (09.03.2012)

1GrumpyGolfer wrote: Rounds are fast running out and the clock is ticking. Who will pull away from the pack and post a super low number Yahoo and who will pretend they don't really play winter golf laughing

Now that it is getting tight at the top and close to the finish I am not going to post any leaderboard updates to avoid the temptation of a magic pencil.
-15 (6) SetupDeterminesTheMotion
-15 (7) JDandfries
-14 (5) Maverick
-14 (7) Ban_Bam
-13 (6) Noshankingtonite
-12 (F) Doc
-12 (F) GolferMartin
-12 (F) JAS
-12 (5) OldParwin
-12 (7) Raycastleunited
-11 (F) Davie
-11 (4) Hend085
-11 (F) Hibbz
-10 (5) NavyBlueShorts
-10 (6) Mercurio
-10 (6) MustPuttBetter
-10 (5) ChrisGG
-9 (6) turnip
-8 (5) Drive4Show
-8 (3) Eyetoldyouso
-7 (3) theshanker
-3 (7) Nay Bother

Score (No. rounds played) Name

Last edited by ban_bam on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 4:41 pm; edited 17 times in total

barragan

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... Empty Re: Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri 11 Nov 2011, 10:42 am

Nice idea Ban_Bam. As I'm golfing vicariously through you all I want to hear about it all.

The Eclectic is ON, PM, post or email you intentions to play.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... Empty Re: Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Fri 11 Nov 2011, 5:16 pm

Well I teed off on the first & hopefully will putt out on the 18th. Whistle
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri 11 Nov 2011, 5:18 pm

SetupDeterminesTheMotion wrote:Well I teed off on the first & hopefully will putt out on the 18th. Whistle

What's this, live updates from a round of night golf?? Shocked

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri 11 Nov 2011, 5:23 pm

Setup, I can't believe how exciting it was to read that. I can't wait for next week's thrilling installment. Smile

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Fri 11 Nov 2011, 11:55 pm

Grumpy - I'll have my first hack this sunday..... will let you know the score.
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Fri 11 Nov 2011, 11:57 pm

drive4show wrote:
SetupDeterminesTheMotion wrote:Well I teed off on the first & hopefully will putt out on the 18th. Whistle

What's this, live updates from a round of night golf?? Shocked

Either that or he's using his Nintendo Kinnect and posting from the safe warm living room - sensible man Whistle
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat 12 Nov 2011, 12:02 am

Grumpy - sorry for being a plonker - I'd forgotten it doesn't start until this monday Doh
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Sat 12 Nov 2011, 1:05 am

Noshankingtonite wrote:Grumpy - sorry for being a plonker - I'd forgotten it doesn't start until this monday Doh

Nah hes allowed it to start from tomorrow

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat 12 Nov 2011, 2:35 am

NST. No worries mate, I started it early cos you were all pain in backsides wanting to start early and I was just trying to follow tradition.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat 12 Nov 2011, 3:36 pm

Crying or Very sad

About sums it up,

Started well enough a Hybrid of the first tee a little right, hybrid back onto fairway about 75 yards short of green, PW pin high but about 4 foot to side of green. As the wedge shot landed heard a plop sound, Ball plugged, no where to be seen, after drop ended with a 9 and just knew it was not gonna be my day.

Grumpy will send scores along in a bit

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat 12 Nov 2011, 3:55 pm

First one in...not the best but it'll do as the benchmark to be improved upon. Shot 80, just the one birdie and 3 doubles which I'll need to shake over the next 7 rounds.

Got to be said what a cracking day for golf for mid November, had D4S for company as well. Do you want the card scanned 1GG?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat 12 Nov 2011, 4:16 pm

Firstly to agree with JAS what a mild day for november golfing. Played quite solid after a slightly shaky start didn't get my first par till the 5th, first four holes were Bogey,Birdie,Bogie,Birdie... Ddint drop another shot all round and picked up a couple more birdies at the turn for a very productive round of -3, 68.

Don't think we'll get another day like today for a while so maybe hard to better that for a while so fingers crossed.

Email sent Grumps

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat 12 Nov 2011, 4:30 pm

NB, never mind mate, you still have 7 rounds to go. Thanks for indulging me with the details. If you feel the card is that bad I'll conveniently forget to add you to the initial update.

JAS, still early days yet but as you say it sets the benchmark and you know you have 3 holes you must improve upon. If you can shoot me the card that would be great. Glad to hear you had a good day with D4S. Must say I am a little jealous of all these mini meet ups and the golf, if any of you guys head over to the states don't forget a sad and lonely Grumpster.

Mav, good going, setting the marker for all the others. Hope the weather holds out for you and all the others.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat 12 Nov 2011, 5:27 pm

Ha ha thanks but its ok, there are a 3-4 holes that i did alright on including a birdie

Just dont think bad of me due to the 12, i had a Kevin Na fight with trees and lost

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat 12 Nov 2011, 5:39 pm

NB, thats honesty for you and a touch of the I can do it syndrome. Always easy to look back and say why didn't I take a drop? The only way is up at the moment and I wonder how many would be brave enough to post

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:23 pm

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:NST. No worries mate, I started it early cos you were all pain in backsides wanting to start early and I was just trying to follow tradition.

Ok - I will start tomorrow - let the games begin! mo1
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:32 pm

NST, you're a brave man playing the el bandito smilie already! Maybe the magic handicap pencil will have to make an appearance Very Happy

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:39 pm

I'm a sh*t or bust type of player as D4S and JAS will tell you. I could easily shoot 3 birdies tomorrow and just as easily card 3 snowmen also.....
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:42 pm

Ha ha, as long as you dont do a Daly

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:45 pm

First card in. Played really solid today, hit 15 GIR, and 13/14 fairways. Putting was the only thing which let me down a little, 35putts - so not really setting it alight. Highlights were a pair of 2s: on one of the tough par 3s (200 yarder), and on the shorty (150 yarder). Other than that just generally very steady. Ball striking was excellent and I seem to be settling in well with the new 3-wood.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:56 pm

Nice going Ban. So Mav set the target and Ban accepted the challenge. How will our Sunday starters respond?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sat 12 Nov 2011, 7:25 pm

cheers grumpy. good luck to the sunday starters!

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 12 Nov 2011, 8:22 pm

Well done to the early starters - sounds like some nice starts there, and good luck to the ones playing tomorrow.

Wish I could have started today with the fantastic conditions but instead it was a foursomes knockout match and therefore no chance to enter the first wave. The way I played in the foursomes I think would have led to a good first round (more on the other 4-somes thread later) - but I hope to get 2 rounds in next weekend to let me catch up with the early starters - in terms of rounds played if not scores!

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat 12 Nov 2011, 8:23 pm

Hmmm blimey, looks like the standard is going to be pretty high, I'm going to have to be at my best to have a chance.

Here are my scores for tomorrow.............

16 birdies and a couple of pars on the 1st and 2nd,

I got off to a slow start Whistle

Laugh

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:31 pm

Irritating day for me. Very solid except for two of the heaviest tee shots I've hit in years (one which cost 2 shots via a lost ball!) and a shank OoB. Considering that, I'll take the +5!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sun 13 Nov 2011, 2:02 am

Shot 2 under handicap today (+12). Very good considering I only hit 3 GIRs. My short game and driving was immense, but I finished with a double on 18 which hurt.

A steady start.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun 13 Nov 2011, 4:33 am

D4S, in light of your comments I feel the need for the el bandito smilie mo2 JAS will we have to watch him?

NBS, the rest of your round must have been pretty good then, the good news is both of those holes should be fairly easy to improve upon.

Merc, or Mr Organised, nice round and at least one hole you can improve upon on the next round.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun 13 Nov 2011, 11:22 am

Grumps can I take a round on Tuesday 15th please for my round 2 card

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun 13 Nov 2011, 11:54 am

Sure thing Mav. Wanting to put the pressure back in these guys?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun 13 Nov 2011, 12:07 pm

not sure about that Grumps, next weekend got matchplay both days 4BBB saturday and Scratch knockout Sundayso this will be my last round for upto 2 weeks

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Sun 13 Nov 2011, 4:55 pm

Played my first round today. Started with a birdie on what is really a dolly of a par five off the winter tees. Unfortunately it was the only birdie of the round and although I finished only six over I'm thinking better things are required in an eclectic.

Grumpy, I've sent you a spreadsheet hope it's okay.

Hibbz

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:41 pm

Nothing special for me today, 1 birdie on a tough hole which will come in handy, quite a few pars but too many silly dropped shots.

Still, only round 1 and lots of room for improvement.

Grumps, I'll pm my scores to you thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sun 13 Nov 2011, 7:14 pm

Mercurio wrote:Shot 2 under handicap today (+12). Very good considering I only hit 3 GIRs. My short game and driving was immense, but I finished with a double on 18 which hurt.

A steady start.

I forgot to mention I got cut after yesterday's round (my first cut following a round at my home course since 7 November 2010).

I've gone down to 13 from 14. I assume this is bad news for me as far as the eclectic goes.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sun 13 Nov 2011, 7:48 pm

Whoooo Hoooooo. Best round for some time for me and could have been much better had I been playing a medal round, but I was just going for everything and not worrying if I didn't get the putt back. Still gross 86 off 18 handicap; one birdie and a hatful of pars. I'll take that for a starter. Weather was absolutely beautiful in the Cotswolds today. mo1 king
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 14 Nov 2011, 8:31 am

A disapointing start for me, drove well and hit over 85% of fairways, but didn't strike one iron anywhere near sweet all day. Sunny weather, but very soft course with breeze, saw most of my irons fall just short of the greens and 37 putts was bad. Should have scored much better but only had one par all day, which should have been at least 8. I can't play much worse I suppose, so all uphill now I hope. Yes a game of 'shoulds', but the black thoughts crept in ....

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:33 am

Funny round for me yesterday

3 putted on the first from about 20 feet for bogey, hit the drive on the 2nd OOB (for the 2nd round on the bounce) and ended that with a 7, and played the 2 par 5 a total of 4 over.
However, in between all that i had lots of pars and a birdie to finish 3 shots under my handicap.

Was playing matchplay with my friend though who played a blinder off 10 and beat me 4&3!

I'll PM you the scores Grump
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Mon 14 Nov 2011, 12:38 pm

Further to my play on Saturday, played like a tart.

On left of the 9th in 2, level with pin. Try a high flop over bunker, catch big ball first, straight into the bunker. Splash out the bunker into the opposite bunker over the other side of green. Splash out to 4 ft, putt does nice horseshoe round the hole. A nice SEVEN. furious
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Mon 14 Nov 2011, 6:41 pm

Had a good knock except for our back to back par 5s managed due to poor tee shots and awful 2nd shots, double bogey both of them.

Have emailed my card thumbsup

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue 15 Nov 2011, 2:19 pm

Played my 2nd round today, decided to play the midweek medal(on a tuesday always thought wednesaday was midweek) played with a couple of vets and most enjoyable day so much so off into clubhouse now for a pot of coffee and bacon butty with them. So will send card soon as I get home Grumps.

The round itself played in my favourite conditions bloody windy! Always loved the wind as a leveller maybe from years growing up on links courses. Improved on the 1st and 3rd holes straight away today with birdies at both holes.

Had a mare on the 8th hole though, stuck the ball in the ditch and rather than taking smart play of taking a drop and accepting my punishment I thought lie look good so played it (badly) ended up with a triple bogey 6!! Rallied on the back half though with another 3birdies, 2 of which on holes I made pars on in round 1 so should have improved my eclectic by roughly 6 shots.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:37 pm

Mav, I think that prompts another el bandito smilie with that story. Good round mo2

From everyone that has requested a counting round I am missing one card. Not mentioning any names, Navy Whistle

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:47 pm

mo2 Best tash there is.

Email sent..

When do we get a leaderboard update Grumps

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue 15 Nov 2011, 4:19 pm

Grumps, I'm going for round 2 on Saturday OK It will only be an improvement, surley.

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Tue 15 Nov 2011, 4:54 pm

Grumps im gonna kick off my campaign on saturday morning too

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 15 Nov 2011, 5:28 pm

perhaps this should get 'sticky status'?

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 15 Nov 2011, 5:37 pm

Sorry Grumps! Sent scores via e-mail....or at least they'll go when I get onto home ISP.

Can I log my second round as this coming Sunday? Ta and I'll try to be a bit quicker off the mark re. getting the scores in.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 15 Nov 2011, 5:42 pm

ban_bam wrote:perhaps this should get 'sticky status'?
Not a bad idea....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue 15 Nov 2011, 7:20 pm

Doc, don't call me Shirley. Sorry couldn't resist, must be bored this lunchtime.

Just so I haven't missed anyone:

First round completed by:
Nay Bother
Hibbz
Maverick
NoShankingTonight
Drive4Show
Doc
SetupDeterminestheMotion
Eyetoldyouso
JAS
Theshanker
Ban_Bam
NavyBlueShorts
Mercurio
OldParwin
MustPuttBetter

First Round nominated:
Hend085

First round to play:
Davie
Mary
Turnip
GolferMartin
Marcus
Liegerwoods

Second round completed:
Maverick
Theshanker

Second Round nominated:
Doc
NavyBlueShorts

If I have missed you please email, PM or post to thread. Thank you

I'd like to do an update but I don't have everyone's information yet. I need that to calculate the course equalization factor. I might post gross eclectic score until I have all the information in. Question: Separate thread or this one?

Grumpy

PS thanks to Ban and Navy for making this a sticky

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 15 Nov 2011, 7:53 pm

1GG - my first round will be this Saturday (a formal comp) - put me down for a 2nd round on Sunday which at the moment is just a bounce game. If anything happens before then (such as partners pulling out) I'll let you know nearer the time but please register me intent for those two days

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 15 Nov 2011, 7:58 pm

Put me down for my second round this Sunday please Grumpster

And I say leave the updates on this thread, since it's been stickied
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next