The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

+26
theshanker
Mary
ralphjohn69
JDandfries
liegerwoods
oldshanker
golfermartin
raycastleunited
turnip
hend085
oldparwin
MustPuttBetter
Doc
Hibbz
Mercurio
navyblueshorts
Davie
Maverick
JAS
Nay
Sand
Noshankingtonite
drive4show
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
1GrumpyGolfer
barragan
30 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 6 Empty Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by barragan Fri 11 Nov 2011, 10:05 am

First topic message reminder :

In the light of some potential starters tomorrow, I thought it might be a good thing to have a seperate thread for giving accounts of our 8 eclectic qualifiers over the winter, right here. Let the tales of woe, and banditry to the extreme, commence...

CURRENT LEADERBOARD (09.03.2012)

1GrumpyGolfer wrote: Rounds are fast running out and the clock is ticking. Who will pull away from the pack and post a super low number Yahoo and who will pretend they don't really play winter golf laughing

Now that it is getting tight at the top and close to the finish I am not going to post any leaderboard updates to avoid the temptation of a magic pencil.
-15 (6) SetupDeterminesTheMotion
-15 (7) JDandfries
-14 (5) Maverick
-14 (7) Ban_Bam
-13 (6) Noshankingtonite
-12 (F) Doc
-12 (F) GolferMartin
-12 (F) JAS
-12 (5) OldParwin
-12 (7) Raycastleunited
-11 (F) Davie
-11 (4) Hend085
-11 (F) Hibbz
-10 (5) NavyBlueShorts
-10 (6) Mercurio
-10 (6) MustPuttBetter
-10 (5) ChrisGG
-9 (6) turnip
-8 (5) Drive4Show
-8 (3) Eyetoldyouso
-7 (3) theshanker
-3 (7) Nay Bother

Score (No. rounds played) Name

Last edited by ban_bam on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 4:41 pm; edited 17 times in total

barragan

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed 30 Nov 2011, 4:24 pm

You're right Setup I am jealous of the sun you're heading for. Although the weather here has been very mild of late.

I managed to get 7 rounds in last year before the snow came and then the course didn't reopen until mid April. This year the bar stewards closed it well in advance which is why you will find me on admin duties, not that I'm bitter and twisted about it.

That's the trick now, try and go lower. I'll offer some helpful tips later on like "you should really birdie hole X" when in reality it's a pretty tough hole or the pin is always in a difficult position and I know nothing about your particular course.

B_B - got your email, thanks mate.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by drive4show Wed 30 Nov 2011, 9:18 pm

I had a really decent knock today, taking 3 shots off my eclectic score.

Only problem is, I played at short notice so didn't declare the round to Grumps so all to no avail

Doh

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 01 Dec 2011, 11:06 am

Since i'm playing so damn well at the mo, could you put me down for Round 4 on Saturday please Grumpster

Thanks
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by theshanker Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:36 pm

Round 3 for me on Sunday if the course is opened.

theshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri 02 Dec 2011, 1:22 pm

Cant remeber if I posted, but rounds 2 and 3 for me over teh weekend

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri 02 Dec 2011, 3:08 pm

Grumpster

I'll play another round on Saturday please thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri 02 Dec 2011, 3:34 pm

Playing this weekend:

JDandfries R2/3
Hibbz R4
RayCastleUnited R2
Nay Bother R3/4 (maybe)
Davie R3
MustPuttBetter R4
Theshanker R3 (maybe)
Drive4Show R5 - He's keen
Liegerwoods R2
GolferMartin R3/4

As always good luck to those who play, hit 'em long and straight rather than short and crooked. Updates will take place on Monday

Last edited by 1GrumpyGolfer on Fri 02 Dec 2011, 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additional players)

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by liegerwoods Fri 02 Dec 2011, 6:46 pm

grumps.. add me to that list please (R2)

with any luck i might get to - digits before my 8th round Yahoo

liegerwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:27 am

No game again today ,

Double disappointing as now i have to go to work instead,

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat 03 Dec 2011, 12:27 pm

That's not good NB. Still trying to get a game in tomorrow?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat 03 Dec 2011, 3:18 pm

Yes, i have fingers crossed for me actually getting round three going

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by liegerwoods Sat 03 Dec 2011, 4:04 pm

sorry grumps didnt get my round in today. painted the hall instead......turns out i need the brownie points more than a good round for the winter eclectic !

on the plus side my job in bolton i was to go to tomorrow is cancelled. so i should get my 2nd round 2moro.....will have to use the brownie points tho....wasnt worth painting the feckin hall !!!!

liegerwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat 03 Dec 2011, 9:31 pm

I'm planning to play in the morning if it's dry so I'll be submitting the card please thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sat 03 Dec 2011, 10:57 pm

ban_bam wrote: hopefully this purple patch will run into the weekend as we've our 1st round greensomes match on saturday and will need to be on top form as we're up against a pair of '3-rounds-a-year-to-keep-their-cards' bandits who always do well in the club knockouts.

First win in a club knockout match today since winning the club 4bbb in 2010. We've been knocked out 1st round of each of the 2 pairs comps since winning it, so it was nice to finally get past the first hurdle again.

Format was Greensomes, so no opportunity to add an Eclectic round. Our opponents were playing nicely off their 14 handicaps - lots of fairways hit, and a good number of GIR too. We played fairly steadily - my partner chipping well and I was really solid off the tee (12 of 14 fairways) and with my irons. We found ourselves 2 down after 12, but finished strongly with 3 birdies in the last 6 to win 2up. Highlight of the day was a 280 yard drive with a 3wood on one of the par 5s - downwind but i've no idea how it managed to go that far as the ground has been so soft. Also nailed three 85-90 yard pitches to inside 3 feet. Happy days.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sat 03 Dec 2011, 11:08 pm

liegerwoods wrote:sorry grumps didnt get my round in today. painted the hall instead......turns out i need the brownie points more than a good round for the winter eclectic !

wish i'd thought of that one before submitting my 2nd card Wink

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sun 04 Dec 2011, 6:30 am

Sorry Grumps had a bit of a hectic day Friday & yesterday, is it too late to register to play round 3 today. Also is ok to do it in a 4bbb match?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sun 04 Dec 2011, 8:31 am

Game off due to snow

Sorry GG

Same time next week

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun 04 Dec 2011, 3:46 pm

Strange one today (R3 for me). Very cold start, very windy and a couple of nasty showers so conditions were far from ideal

Stableford comp and I had a pretty awful front 9 with 3 no scores on it. Much improved on the back nine to play the back pretty much to handicap - yet from an eclectic point of view I only picked up 3 shots and strangely enough they were all on the (bad) front nine!

At least one of the shots I picked up was a tough (for me) par so that's another tricky one out of the way. Still plenty of room for improvement!

PM on the way to 1GG - think that may put me level par now after handicap adjustment but I'll await his confirmation for that - long way to go!

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Sun 04 Dec 2011, 4:05 pm

Played really well today in spite of missing a two footer for birdie on the first. Holed a monster for birdie on the second (unfortunately one I've already birdied) and only had one bogie on the front nine.

Missed a six footer for birdie on the 7th but made up with a six footer for birdie on the next. All pars from then until the 14th which I birdied to leave me two under with four to play.

Unfortunately the old panic button was pressed and I bogied three of the last four including the 15th and 18th (the only bogies left on my eclectic) where I missed dirty three foot putts for par.

The 18th was a three putt and when I left the club house I was lying in second place on count back! Still the incredible fact we're playing qualifiers in December off the yellow tees means I've got myself a nice little 0.6 cut, secured my handicap at six for the foreseeable future and left me a happy Hibbz for Sunday evening.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sun 04 Dec 2011, 5:13 pm

Not a sparkling round of golf for me today but a good one for my eclectic, picking up 3 shots with 2 birdies and getting rid of the only bogey on my card.

So not a bad days work I guess Smile

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sun 04 Dec 2011, 5:42 pm

Not a bad round for me today and luckily my partner turned up too. Had a good 3 & 1 over a pair of dangerous high handicappers (had to give away 10 & 12 shots). Assuming my late entry is allowed (from 6.30 this morning), I've done exactly the same as D4S with birdies at 11 & 18 and getting rid of the last bogey on my card (13).

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sun 04 Dec 2011, 6:09 pm

JAS

A word of warning....next weekend could get messy, I think the Deerhunter is coming out 'for a quiet beer' on Saturday night Erm

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sun 04 Dec 2011, 9:00 pm

drive4show wrote:JAS

A word of warning....next weekend could get messy, I think the Deerhunter is coming out 'for a quiet beer' on Saturday night Erm

Nice, that'll be an experience!! Wink

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun 04 Dec 2011, 10:31 pm

JAS - It'll count you posted before you played so well done.

Look forward to receiving all the details and will look to get the leaderboard to Ban_Bam for posting sometime tomorrow afternoon / evening.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Mon 05 Dec 2011, 10:25 am

im gonna play round 3 this afternoon grumps!

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:26 pm

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:will look to get the leaderboard to Ban_Bam for posting sometime tomorrow afternoon / evening.

1gg - I'll be out around 7, but can post before then if you're quick enough Very Happy - otherwise it'll no be up til the 'morrow.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:40 pm

B-B, probably too busy at work to get it done today anyway. I know, I know I'm letting the stuff I have to do to pay the bills get in the way of my real job of administering the eclectic.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:48 pm

shame on you

Laugh

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 05 Dec 2011, 6:04 pm

B_B raspberry raspberry

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by liegerwoods Mon 05 Dec 2011, 10:31 pm

ban_bam wrote:
liegerwoods wrote:sorry grumps didnt get my round in today. painted the hall instead......turns out i need the brownie points more than a good round for the winter eclectic !

why ? did you have a stinker laughing

next time you need an excuse for anything give me a shout thumbsup

anyway got my game in on sunday morning and bloody hell it was cold. knocked a few shots off round 1 so it was worth freezing my nuts off !

email is on its way grumps

liegerwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by ralphjohn69 Mon 05 Dec 2011, 10:44 pm

Still haven't troubled the scorers grumpy, weather was rotten 1st thing on saturday morning so I stayed in bed. A wee bit of snow's fell here in the last couple of days as well so unlikely to put a score in before new year! steam Crying or Very sad

ralphjohn69

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 06 Dec 2011, 9:07 am

liegerwoods wrote:
ban_bam wrote:

anyway got my game in on sunday morning and bloody hell it was cold. knocked a few shots off round 1 so it was worth freezing my nuts off !

Yep - it was verging on disaster - not a birdie in sight. can't complain though as the other 3 have been solid.

Very surprised you managed to get a game in on Sunday - snow settled in here in Edinburgh first thing Sunday and i'd have expected the west to have been worse hit seeing as that's where it came from!

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 06 Dec 2011, 12:32 pm

Just as a heads up Grumpster, can I log my 3rd round for this coming Saturday 10th?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 06 Dec 2011, 2:31 pm

Sorry Grumps, didn't get my second round in at the weekend as I played at a friend's course instead.

Round 2 will be this Saturday (and i'm begging the mrs for permission to play round 3 on Sunday) thumbsup

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Tue 06 Dec 2011, 8:22 pm

Had one of them great scoring rounds yesterday despite not actually striking the ball great yesterday. Only got 14 holes in ( lashed rain and we agreed before start we wouldn't carry on) but had 9 pars 4 birds and a double. I one putted the first 8 holes. Despite my good round in I'm not even in that confident a mood for next Saturday as my ball striking really wasn't all that great! Nice to be able to think I didn't leave many out there for the first time in honestly about 2 years. Card to follow grumps

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by liegerwoods Tue 06 Dec 2011, 10:17 pm

ban_bam wrote:
liegerwoods wrote:
ban_bam wrote:

Yep - it was verging on disaster - not a birdie in sight. can't complain though as the other 3 have been solid.

Very surprised you managed to get a game in on Sunday - snow settled in here in Edinburgh first thing Sunday and i'd have expected the west to have been worse hit seeing as that's where it came from!

not a drop of the white stuff in troon. im expecting the muni to get busy if this weather keeps up....hopefully it stays clear here till my game on dundonald on monday is finished thumbsup

liegerwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 07 Dec 2011, 10:12 am

Seeing as this threads not on a sticky anymore, I thought I'd "blu tac" it and ask the question....whaur's ra league Table??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:59 am

JAS, in English please? raspberry

Please note the stupid o'clock time that this is posted. I am in work early to work on said league table. Shame about your two shot penalty Whistle

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:02 pm

Grump, i think you do a great job administering the Eclectic and in no way do i feel that you should be rushed to produce the tables. I will eagerly await their arrival whenever you should see fit to publish them and, of course, my 2 shot reward....... Whistle
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:08 pm

MPB, thanks. That reminds me I didn't add in your penalty, or take out rather, for your WUMmery earlier. Gratuitous use raspberry

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:43 pm

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:B_B raspberry raspberry

*snigger*

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:47 pm

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:MPB, thanks. That reminds me I didn't add in your penalty, or take out rather, for your WUMmery earlier. Gratuitous use raspberry

And an inspired decision that proved to be Very Happy
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed 07 Dec 2011, 1:50 pm

Still waiting for some cards to come in but new leaderboard emailed to B_B.

Upcoming rounds declared:

Nay Bother R3/4 (maybe)
NavyBlueShorts R3
RayCastleUnited R2/3 (maybe)
Oldparwin R4 (maybe)

Last edited by 1GrumpyGolfer on Thu 08 Dec 2011, 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added players to list)

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 07 Dec 2011, 2:23 pm

I'd like to have another go this Sunday if that's okay please Grumpy?

With people dropping like flies I reckon I might be in with a sniff of top ten.

Oh and I notice Mr Maverick has had a couple of sly digs on other threads I'll be keeping those in the bank to gain some interest.

x

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed 07 Dec 2011, 2:25 pm

leaderboard updated grumps - sorry, been out for a wee bit so only just got it.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:16 pm

B_B, you will be pleased to know I have managed the grand sum of 3/5 of Flip all so far today. Only just about thinking of getting on with some work now despite being here at 6:45 am

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:54 pm

Have played rounds 2 and 3 and when my son in law sorts out my scanner will email you my cards, hope to play round 4 on Saturday Ok!

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu 08 Dec 2011, 6:37 pm

OPW - you can PM or email the scores if it is easier.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu 08 Dec 2011, 6:43 pm

Just to clear up any confusion or questions about participants. Nowhere in the rules does it say you have to be a member of 606v2, I will also refer you to rule 11:

Hopefully these are all the rules we need for you to enjoy yourselves. Remember, this is supposed to be just a bit of fun, and hopefully it will get exciting at some stage. However I am the judge, jury, executioner, cook, cleaner, slow poster and other choice words and phrases so what I determine goes.

So all those that are no longer with us, Merc, Davie and Mav are still eligble.

Thank you, Grumps

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 09 Dec 2011, 12:20 pm

hey grumps - should be posting R5 tomorrow if that's ok

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next