The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

+26
theshanker
Mary
ralphjohn69
JDandfries
liegerwoods
oldshanker
golfermartin
raycastleunited
turnip
hend085
oldparwin
MustPuttBetter
Doc
Hibbz
Mercurio
navyblueshorts
Davie
Maverick
JAS
Nay
Sand
Noshankingtonite
drive4show
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
1GrumpyGolfer
barragan
30 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 5 Empty Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by barragan Fri 11 Nov 2011, 10:05 am

First topic message reminder :

In the light of some potential starters tomorrow, I thought it might be a good thing to have a seperate thread for giving accounts of our 8 eclectic qualifiers over the winter, right here. Let the tales of woe, and banditry to the extreme, commence...

CURRENT LEADERBOARD (09.03.2012)

1GrumpyGolfer wrote: Rounds are fast running out and the clock is ticking. Who will pull away from the pack and post a super low number Yahoo and who will pretend they don't really play winter golf laughing

Now that it is getting tight at the top and close to the finish I am not going to post any leaderboard updates to avoid the temptation of a magic pencil.
-15 (6) SetupDeterminesTheMotion
-15 (7) JDandfries
-14 (5) Maverick
-14 (7) Ban_Bam
-13 (6) Noshankingtonite
-12 (F) Doc
-12 (F) GolferMartin
-12 (F) JAS
-12 (5) OldParwin
-12 (7) Raycastleunited
-11 (F) Davie
-11 (4) Hend085
-11 (F) Hibbz
-10 (5) NavyBlueShorts
-10 (6) Mercurio
-10 (6) MustPuttBetter
-10 (5) ChrisGG
-9 (6) turnip
-8 (5) Drive4Show
-8 (3) Eyetoldyouso
-7 (3) theshanker
-3 (7) Nay Bother

Score (No. rounds played) Name

Last edited by ban_bam on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 4:41 pm; edited 17 times in total

barragan

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:10 pm

Merc, I think I make reference to a magic pencil for handicap adjustments depending upon how much of a bandit you appear to be mo2 . Anyway just to stir things up, when did Super and Digs join in? They aren't a part of this prestigous competition (yet).

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by drive4show Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:13 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:Don't shoot the messenger Merc Sad

It was D4S, Super and Digs who suggested the cut for the eclectic after you announced you were down to 13

Oi, leave me out of this, I suggested no such thing. The only handicap suggestion I made was that anyone in Dorset should get 15 shots back on their handicap.

Seems fair to me, after all we have to put up with all those frigging caravans in summer furious

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:14 pm

MPB 2 shot penalty for WUMmery. Mitigated to 1 shot for coming clean. No disgusted from Tunbridge Wells PMs were sent.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:16 pm

MPB - I'm not sure why you'd think I'd send a PM or to whom? I don't send PMs (unless I'm replying to one).

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:16 pm

Sorry chaps Smile
Tis a slow afternoon and I need to entertain myself somehow!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:17 pm

drive4show wrote:
MustPuttBetter wrote:Don't shoot the messenger Merc Sad

It was D4S, Super and Digs who suggested the cut for the eclectic after you announced you were down to 13

Oi, leave me out of this, I suggested no such thing. The only handicap suggestion I made was that anyone in Dorset should get 15 shots back on their handicap.

Seems fair to me, after all we have to put up with all those frigging caravans in summer furious

This is the Winter Eclectic, by my reckoning then all the distractions are gone so you should be cut. Whistle

Leaders don't worry about D4S gunning for you, he's just talked himself out of the running laughing

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:19 pm

Mercurio wrote:MPB - I'm not sure why you'd think I'd send a PM or to whom? I don't send PMs (unless I'm replying to one).

I don't think you have any PM form Merc. It was just my wind up scenario objective. Soz!

Congrats on the cut by the way thumbsup
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:21 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:Congrats on the cut by the way thumbsup

Thanks . . .

you tw@t.

Wink

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:25 pm

Harsh, but fair
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:56 pm

Maverick wrote:Round 4 got off to a slow start was very windy at our place today, the front 9 all but one hole(the 7th) played right into the teeth of the wind. Didn't help being held up on the front by a 4ball who had to look for everyball on every shot, eventually calling us through on the 9th tee after having a word with them.

Hit the ball well but really was a case of just grinding to front 9 trying to hold a score together and hit the turn where the majority of holes had a trailing wind. Managed to make a pair of eagles on the back half 1 at the short par 4 10th thanks to driving the green and holing a 12 footer; the other at the Par 5 13th again downwind which meant little more than a drive and 7 iron to 8feet and a single putt.

Have to say enjoyed today, but is my last eclectic round pre Xmas, as busy shopping for kiddies and the comps coming up are foursomes, greensomes and knockout.

Email sent grumps

I know you're going to accuse me of giving you a hard time again Maverick but could you explain to me how 10th and the 13th were both downwind?

http://www.bearstedgolfclub.co.uk/course/plan_of_course/

Just asking.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon 28 Nov 2011, 4:16 pm

Hibbz wrote:
Maverick wrote:Round 4 got off to a slow start was very windy at our place today, the front 9 all but one hole(the 7th) played right into the teeth of the wind. Didn't help being held up on the front by a 4ball who had to look for everyball on every shot, eventually calling us through on the 9th tee after having a word with them.

Hit the ball well but really was a case of just grinding to front 9 trying to hold a score together and hit the turn where the majority of holes had a trailing wind. Managed to make a pair of eagles on the back half 1 at the short par 4 10th thanks to driving the green and holing a 12 footer; the other at the Par 5 13th again downwind which meant little more than a drive and 7 iron to 8feet and a single putt.

Have to say enjoyed today, but is my last eclectic round pre Xmas, as busy shopping for kiddies and the comps coming up are foursomes, greensomes and knockout.

Email sent grumps

I know you're going to accuse me of giving you a hard time again Maverick but could you explain to me how 10th and the 13th were both downwind?

http://www.bearstedgolfclub.co.uk/course/plan_of_course/

Just asking.

Heh. Hibbz may be a stalker but he's a funny stalker.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:00 pm

Hibbz, get a life man! You're scaring me! Shocked
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:00 pm

1gg - got your email - leaderboard update added to OP as requested.
cheers, b_b

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:01 pm

B_B thumbsup

Players are now closing in on Mav but there is the possibility of a steward's inquiry; potential banditry? next week may require liberal use of mo2 or not depending on my magic pencil. (Merc)

As usual if you don't appear on the leaderboard it means one, or more, of a few things:

You haven't started yet Tumbleweed
You didn't submit your scores Rolling Eyes
You haven't played enough to get into negative numbers Sorry

or
You played carp raspberry

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:04 pm

I thought you had ignored me for a minute, but there is my reason at the bottom ha ha

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:06 pm

n-b, how comes you weren't playin at the weekend??!! duddy was ok, what wis wrong with carrik?

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:11 pm

grumps - i'll take round 4 on wednesday if i may - a chance to mix it with mr maverick if i can just hole a couple of putts longer than 4ft!
got a greensomes tie on saturday so no score for me this weekend.
cheers,
b_b

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:16 pm

Friend didnt want to play in winds on saturday,

Greenkeeper closed it on sunday, due to over night rain, which was a shame as played quite well for the first 9 at craigentinny untill decided was to cold to be stuck behind comp

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:20 pm

odd, i'd have expected carrick to stand up better to standing water than duddingston - though i heard that the greens on sunday were poorer than they were for our game on saturday. saturday winds were pretty mental - good fun though.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:37 pm

NB - I didn't mention names, you did laughing

Give it time, you'll get there,

Eventually kiss

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:40 pm

Carrick knowe gets water logged when someone sneezes, if you can forgive the image

And GG the aim is for 5 under after 8 rounds, i would class that as an achievement

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:59 pm

Can I make a suggestion for the next scoreboard update?

No? Well, I'm going to make it anyway: can we have the individual's handicaps after their name.

Cheers muchly.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 28 Nov 2011, 7:09 pm

How about I'll think about it.

Hmm, could expose potential mo2 and mickey mouse courses.

Although if it has a windmill its got to be a pretty good course. Would put it right up there with one of Doak's top designs....

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Mon 28 Nov 2011, 8:45 pm

My god Hibbz are yoiu currently sat outside my house trying to look discreet whilst secretly filming me take a dump.....

Have you never played golf where the wind has turned!

Yes the 10th goes out toward the 13th tee as do 11 and 12... You will also see that the 3rd hole plays at a different angle to the 8th and the 4th but what you don't see is the size of the trees that buffer the wind and cause it to swirl....

I'm not going to sit here and defend myself to a bitter individual that has nothing better than to spend his time trying to get at me.... It's prats like you that are causing me to spend less time on here because it's getting bring going over the same ground with you.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Mon 28 Nov 2011, 8:54 pm

Just to add Hibbz, are you going to dig out the other guys ahead of you in the field at the moment or is it just me you have a hard on for.. As I see it I have a 2 shot lead over setup and a 3 shot advantag over Ban, but i've already stated I won't be adding another round in 2011. Add the fact that it is hugely unlikely that I will able to get the current score any lower due to having shots added back onto my round unlike the rest of the guys whose handicap is deducted (this is not a shot at anyone but hibbz). Which has also been pointed out that in eclectics low guys always get the better start but long term it sways back toward handicap golfer.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:09 pm

Maverick wrote:As I see it I have a 2 shot lead over setup and a 3 shot advantag over Ban

you're actually 4 ahead of me mav ... but not for long Cool

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:13 pm

ban_bam wrote:
Maverick wrote:As I see it I have a 2 shot lead over setup and a 3 shot advantag over Ban

you're actually 4 ahead of me mav ... but not for long Cool

4 is it. I fully expect by the time i'm submitting another eclectic round for you to be ahead of me. Especially as I say will be hard to go lower now. But i'm sure hibbz and his stalking can find another way to try to dig me out. After all who heard of a + handicapper making birdies or eagles.

Ban good luck my friend going to get tight over the new year on here, be interesting to see how thisis going to work out in the event of a tie. One suggest if myself and Hibbz tie can we go for a boxing or will he claim unfair advatage there to as I boxed in the army

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:45 pm

Maverick wrote:My god Hibbz are yoiu currently sat outside my house trying to look discreet whilst secretly filming me take a dump.....

Sorry this was me wanted to see what a good golfers diet looked like Shocked

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:47 pm

Nay Bother wrote:
Maverick wrote:My god Hibbz are yoiu currently sat outside my house trying to look discreet whilst secretly filming me take a dump.....

laughing

Want me to bag some up for you... Plenty of fruit and fibre in there with the odd wash down of 18year old single malt

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:56 pm

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:Woah, woah , woah - where in OldShanker's rules does it say off 1/2? Notice I say his rules not mine Very Happy It's off 3/4.

Gross scores are submitted. Your handicap and SSS are factored in and gives you the nett scores you see on the leaderboard.

Like Hibbz says Johnny Ball will think of a number and it will be wrong! The courses have to be equalized. I think I'll save that little gem for later based on the fun that is going on at the moment. boxing

My course isn't overly long in distance terms, BUT the SSS is 69 off the yellows and in many respects that makes it tougher than off the whites SSS = 71. I reckon we've got two drivable par 4s (one quite easy, the other is a dogleg over trees and well bunkered). I reckon 3/4 is more than fair for anyone off 12 hcap or above thumbsup
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Mon 28 Nov 2011, 10:05 pm

Maverick wrote:
Nay Bother wrote:

laughing

Want me to bag some up for you... Plenty of fruit and fibre in there with the odd wash down of 18year old single malt

Crikey MAV - your whisky is almost as old as yer women Whistle
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Mon 28 Nov 2011, 10:08 pm

Well women like whiskey isn't the aged 18years the magic number Whistle

Run

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:13 am

Maverick wrote:4 is it. I fully expect by the time i'm submitting another eclectic round for you to be ahead of me. Especially as I say will be hard to go lower now....Ban good luck my friend going to get tight over the new year on here

Cheers Mav - I reckon Wednesday could well be my last game before next year too, as the course condition usually deteriorates quickly once the wet/cold sets in properly. Might even be unplayable tomorrow as we're getting a bit of a battering right now with the rain.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:15 am

Mercurio wrote:Can I make a suggestion for the next scoreboard update?
No? Well, I'm going to make it anyway: can we have the individual's handicaps after their name.
Cheers muchly.

Merc - i'm just pasting in whatever Grumpy emails me, but I think most have declared their handicaps on here already - I'm 6.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:10 am

Not playing this week.

Off to the sun, away from this wind & rain, I hope. Yahoo
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 29 Nov 2011, 4:02 pm

Second round for me on Saturday and third round on Sunday

Weather permitting

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 29 Nov 2011, 4:43 pm

I'd like to submit my fourth round on Sunday if I may please?

I've borrowed Mavericks magical wind machine (no not his mouth/rear end) so I'm expecting a couple of albatrosses.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue 29 Nov 2011, 5:16 pm

Hibbz wrote:I'd like to submit my fourth round on Sunday if I may please?

I've borrowed Mavericks magical wind machine (no not his mouth/rear end) so I'm expecting a couple of albatrosses.
Rolling Eyes prat

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 29 Nov 2011, 5:38 pm

Hey Grumps,

I'd like to play my second round this Sunday. Travelling on business this week so limited opportunities to get my fix of 606v2.

Cheers!

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 29 Nov 2011, 6:08 pm

Maverick wrote:
Hibbz wrote:I'd like to submit my fourth round on Sunday if I may please?

Rolling Eyes prat

What, you think it should be albatri? I wasn't sure. How about I'm expecting to get an albatross, and then I'm going to get another?

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue 29 Nov 2011, 7:09 pm

How about take your bitterness and shove up your.............nostril

Its getting boring now so say what you like hibbz its only you looking stupid no-one else as I've had my fill of your moronic behaviour toward me I shall not comment on any of your points you raise any more

But I guess you missed the bit about likely by xmas I won't be leading but no doubt will choose to insult me like the child you come across as! Tell me were you bullied at school! If not you should have been!

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 29 Nov 2011, 7:20 pm

Hibbz, you're not giving the best impression of yourself.
A bit of banter is to be applauded but you're coming across a bit creepy and somewhat childish

If banter is the plan you need to do it differently!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue 29 Nov 2011, 7:28 pm

MPB just ignore it mate, clearly has a hard on for me and anything I say or do$ Tell you what Hibbz pm me your address and I'll send you a lamianted picture of me so you can wipe it clean after you've climaxed over it just like you seem to over anything on this board that has my name on it......

Last I'm saying as this perfectly good thread is getting hijacked by childish comments and others having to tell you to get a life

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 29 Nov 2011, 7:38 pm

Maverick wrote:MPB just ignore it mate
OK
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:33 pm

Once again, provisionally Saturday & Sunday, weather permitting and curse being open

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:12 pm

Blimey NB, you don't have to play if you don't want to. What will your playing partners think with you swearing on every hole?

I'll collate who's playing on another post. I'm hopeful of a game this weekend, weather dependent.

I think Setup's worried about the magic pencil coming out, he's lying low somewhere sunny; git Very Happy

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 30 Nov 2011, 5:57 am

Round 3 for me please on Sunday

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Wed 30 Nov 2011, 2:22 pm

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:

I think Setup's worried about the magic pencil coming out, he's lying low somewhere sunny; git Very Happy

1GG : Your just jealous.

I played in this last year I think I managed 6 under before the snow came & never managed to complete all the rounds.

This year I have somehow managed to score well on the holes I am stroking on.

My 3 rounds have been 72, 68, 67. 67 being the SS of the course off the yellows.

So no banditry there, just happened to score on the right holes, then the following week took off all the bogeys I scored on first & subsequent weeks.

So no more bogeys to get rid off, so probably stuck where I am now. mo2 mo2

SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 30 Nov 2011, 2:48 pm

Maverick wrote:MPB just ignore it mate, clearly has a hard on for me and anything I say or do$ Tell you what Hibbz pm me your address and I'll send you a lamianted picture of me so you can wipe it clean after you've climaxed over it just like you seem to over anything on this board that has my name on it......

Last I'm saying as this perfectly good thread is getting hijacked by childish comments and others having to tell you to get a life

Would it be a life-sized A4 one?

I agree though, enough of the childish bickering on this respectable thread.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed 30 Nov 2011, 3:38 pm

completed round 4 today. scored well apart from a couple of silly double bogeys on 3 and 6. 5 birdies in total, unfortunately mostly on holes i've already nailed - so eclectic-wise only 1 better than this time yesterday. managed to can a few putts today for a change including a couple of 20 footers which was nice.

hopefully this purple patch will run into the weekend as we've our 1st round greensomes match on saturday and will need to be on top form as we're up against a pair of '3-rounds-a-year-to-keep-their-cards' bandits who always do well in the club knockouts.

emailed you the scorecard grumps.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next