The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AUS open semi-final 1 - match comment thread

+19
Tom_____
reckoner
kemet
HM Murdock
mthierry
Jahu
Jeremy_Kyle
Henman Bill
luciusmann
barrystar
Simple_Analyst
Josiah Maiestas
LuvSports!
legendkillar
parthi
superochog
break_in_the_fifth
prostaff85
Tenez
23 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

AUS open semi-final 1 - match comment thread - Page 4 Empty AUS open semi-final 1 - match comment thread

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan - 8:28

First topic message reminder :

OK people there have been a plethora of Fedal articles but I decided to make this one just so we can all post on the same thread during the match itself.

ghost

emancipator - may the serve be with you

Back to top Go down

AUS open semi-final 1 - match comment thread - Page 4 Empty Re: AUS open semi-final 1 - match comment thread

Post by break_in_the_fifth Thu 26 Jan - 10:48

Where are these double faults coming from?

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

AUS open semi-final 1 - match comment thread - Page 4 Empty Re: AUS open semi-final 1 - match comment thread

Post by mthierry Thu 26 Jan - 10:49

break_in_the_fifth wrote:Shouldn't you be enjoying the intelligent tennis yourself instead of handing out the labels?
I just think you could give more credit to whoever is playing better rather playing up every excuse under the sun about slow courts and fitness and the whole hackneyed stuff.

I didn't see that from most of you when Rafa was spraying balls everywhere in the 1st set.

mthierry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu 26 Jan - 10:49

Henman Bill wrote:Yeah agree with Nore Staat. I think Federer only played freely until 4-1 or so in the first set. Since then it's a case of a mental battle and Nadal winning it.

I am afraid you cannot be more wrong HB. It's a physical battle, nothing else. It's the fact that despite a great BH smash Nadal had enough energy and power to bring teh ball back that is killing Federer. Mentally Fed is much better. Almost always starts better than Nadal and and on faster, lower bounce surfaces it's not close.

fed sees he is not physically up to the challenge and that gets to his mind....not the other way around.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 26 Jan - 10:50

Nadal gets the most net calls of any player I have known!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Thu 26 Jan - 10:53

mthierry wrote:
break_in_the_fifth wrote:Shouldn't you be enjoying the intelligent tennis yourself instead of handing out the labels?
I just think you could give more credit to whoever is playing better rather playing up every excuse under the sun about slow courts and fitness and the whole hackneyed stuff.

I didn't see that from most of you when Rafa was spraying balls everywhere in the 1st set.

Never said anything about fitness and the slow court comment was in response to the backhand smash coming back. The rest has been dismay with Feds forehand.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Thu 26 Jan - 10:55

I think Nadal has hit some good returns and some winners I appreciated. I guess I should have mentioned them.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Thu 26 Jan - 10:56

Good serve from Nadal to save the break.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Thu 26 Jan - 10:57

Hopefully Fed can take this one.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu 26 Jan - 11:00

Is Nadal tiring now? His FH loses some precision....

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Thu 26 Jan - 11:01

Poor from Nadal very poor.
Mthierry don't waste valuable time on Federer fans. They think tennis should be played in a way which will make Federer win.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 26 Jan - 11:02

game on!

can he hold 2 service games though?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 26 Jan - 11:02

another double Sad

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Thu 26 Jan - 11:04

Nadal is breaking Federer's serve at will.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Thu 26 Jan - 11:04

And Nadal fans like to make sweeping generalisations?

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Thu 26 Jan - 11:05

Yeah Fed's double faults are the result of Nadal's will. Keep it up S_A.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Thu 26 Jan - 11:05

3rd set tiebreak?

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 26 Jan - 11:06

Sadly Fed out of his zone, not that Nadal is playing his best either. A grind.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Thu 26 Jan - 11:07

Nice serving from Nadal.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan - 11:08

This isn't a great match. Nadal playing average, federer below average

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 26 Jan - 11:16

how many times has rafaaaa got a net cord

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Thu 26 Jan - 11:16

Nadal's level dropped there giving Fed a chance he couldn't take. A lot of second serves.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Thu 26 Jan - 11:22

Nadal let Fed off again Shocked

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Thu 26 Jan - 11:27

It's going to take something special from Fed now.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 26 Jan - 11:27

:'(

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 26 Jan - 11:31

Cry

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Thu 26 Jan - 11:32

He shouldn't have let himself get that far behind. Nice point by Rafa to get the first minibreak.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Thu 26 Jan - 11:32

Poor set from Nadal, has to improve. Federer did well from 1-6 but a little too late.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan - 11:33

Djokovic must be loving this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu 26 Jan - 11:33

Nadal's tiring a bit. It might not be over. If Federer keeps moving Nadal...he may get him.

Long shot I agree...but Nadal needs all his power....Expect an MTO...if Fed comes back. You read it here first.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 26 Jan - 11:33

Hm. Long way back now. Still a chance for Federer, but a small one.

Needs to take it one set at a time and try and play freely in the 4th set.

Lose on your own terms.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Thu 26 Jan - 11:33

Shame for Fed's wasting his chances once again.....I think Nole will do the job, Nadal is not even playing incredibly well......
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 26 Jan - 11:34

Simple_Analyst wrote:Poor set from Nadal, has to improve. Federer did well from 1-6 but a little too late.

A COMPLIMENT ABOUT FEDERER?!?!?!?!/ WOWWW THIS IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME EVENT! not a good one Wink but one nonetheless

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Thu 26 Jan - 11:34

break_in_the_fifth wrote:It's going to take something special from Fed now.

I am not going to invest any more energy into this match and am glad that I got a good night's sleep. This match is over.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 26 Jan - 11:34

Whoever wins get 2 days rest before Djokovic (Murray). As long as it's not 14-12 in the 5th they'll be OK.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Thu 26 Jan - 11:35

Jeremy_Kyle wrote:Shame for Fed's wasting his chances once again.....I think Nole will do the job, Nadal is not even playing incredibly well......

On the evidence of what I am seeing Nole will slaughter Nadal in the final of the two of them were to meet.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan - 11:36

If Rafa plays like this against Novak it's gonna be stra8 sets for the Serb

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Thu 26 Jan - 11:37

kemet wrote:

I am not going to invest any more energy into this match and am glad that I got a good night's sleep. This match is over.

Fair enough. Fed hasn't played well at all since the first set so if he loses I won't be feeling he deserved the win in any way.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Thu 26 Jan - 11:40

Nadal is serving bravely on the 2nd serve. He is going for it.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Thu 26 Jan - 11:43

It's a miracle, Federer wins two serve and volley points.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu 26 Jan - 11:44

Federer has no choice but to serve and volley. He will need perfect execution.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan - 11:44

break_in_the_fifth wrote:
kemet wrote:

Fair enough. Fed hasn't played well at all since the first set so if he loses I won't be feeling he deserved the win in any way.

Yep so far Rafa has been the better player even without being at his best. Roger just can't deal with his Nadal demons

Back to top Go down

Post by prostaff85 Thu 26 Jan - 11:45

Tenez wrote:Nadal's tiring a bit. It might not be over. If Federer keeps moving Nadal...he may get him.

I'm afraid that if Fed is counting on Nadal getting tired that's a very risky strategy... Smile
prostaff85
prostaff85

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Thu 26 Jan - 11:48

Nadal running Fed around that last point. Awful forehands from Fed earlier in the game.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 26 Jan - 11:50

15-40 Sad

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Thu 26 Jan - 11:52

Nice volleys from Fed, could easily have been passed there.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Thu 26 Jan - 11:52

Great defence from Fed, unlucky miss by Rafa.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan - 11:53

Haha the lollipop comment was hilarious from Wilander!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu 26 Jan - 11:53

Federer has a lion's heart. Physically he is a featherweight but he is not scared going in the ring v heavyweights.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Thu 26 Jan - 11:54

Nadal not taking his chances and seems to be playing casually. This match should have been over by now.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu 26 Jan - 11:54

Pretend it's a really NICE lollipop Roger!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next