The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh Vs. Toulouse Build up thread

+42
R!skysports
maestegmafia
TJ1
glamorganalun
justified sinner
bedfordwelsh
trebellbobaggins
Biltong
Cymroglan
tigertattie
Golden
yappysnap
Pot Hale
doctor_grey
KickAndChase
Knackeredknees
EnglishReign
overlordofthewest
Pal Joey
Dim
LondonTiger
ChequeredJersey
Mickado
valjester
eirebilly
mckay1402
Imperialbigdave
IanBru
AlastairW
Artful_Dodger
Morgannwg
Rava
sensisball
21st Century Schizoid Man
George Carlin
GLove39
whocares
funnyExiledScot
RDW
red_stag
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
RuggerRadge2611
46 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Edinburgh Vs. Toulouse Build up thread - Page 3 Empty Edinburgh Vs. Toulouse Build up thread

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 02 Apr 2012, 1:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm going to do my best to keep the feet on the ground here, but I have just bought my Ticket and now I cannot wait for Saturday.

Let's face it, Scottish rugby is in need of a good pick up after the debacle of getting whitewashed in the 6N. The weekend just past kind of set the tone for me. Edinburgh played well and battled past a dogged Scarlets at Murrayfield and the Warriors thumped the Blues and Henson nearly got expelled from his flight home because he was intoxicated.

Now I'm looking forward to Edinburgh's most anticipated match in memory where we have the multiple HC winners Toulouse coming to the capital. Glaws showed the way on how to beat Toulouse in the pool stages, get in their faces and stifle their attacking style of rugby. By the end of the match Glouceseter had run them ragged and closed the game out.

Very similar to what Edinburgh did to London Irish and Racing Metro in the pool stages of the tournament.

Always known for it's sensationalist journalism the Hootsman has chipped in with an article about the French giants "fearing" Denton.

Toulouse admit fears over Dave Denton
By BILL LOTHIAN
Published on Monday 2 April 2012 12:00

DAVE DENTON has emerged as the player Toulouse are most keen to contain when visiting Edinburgh Rugby for Saturday’s Heineken European Cup quarter-final.

The form of the 22-year-old Test back rower was rewarded with man-of-the-match honours as Edinburgh won 26-23 at home to Scarlets at the weekend.

But opposite number Louis Picamoles, capped 21 times by France, was already wary, insisting: “Edinburgh have a lot of young and talented players and play offensive style of rugby with very good consistency.

“Denton is a fine young player and next week will be as difficult as the (recent) France game (a 23-17 win) at Murrayfield. It will be tough, but it is also going to be hugely exciting.”

Picamoles missed Toulouse’s latest fixture, a 22-18 win at Stade Francais to stay top of the French League.

But France prop Jean-Baptise Poux turned out and looked ahead to the Edinburgh clash by insisting it was a major obstacle on the road to the club’s fifth Heineken Cup.

Poux, himself a three time-winner, said: “Edinburgh have the ability to keep the ball and play through a lot of phases. They play attacking rugby and are capable of beating anyone.

“We saw that during the French game against Scotland in the Six Nations. We could have lost.

“I watched several of Edinburgh’s games during the Pool stages. Against Racing Metro they showed a lot of power and, when the Racing players were exhausted, they scored at the last minute to win the game – they are a dangerous team.”

I seriously doubt Toulouse will fear any of our guys but they will be astute enough to pick out the danger players ala Denton. For me the backrow will be critical for this game, and whoever dominates the breakdown will win the game. If Edinburgh can get the quick ball they thrive off I think running Toulouse of the park is a disticnt possibility.

More positive news when I found out that Edinburgh have a chance to set the record attendence for HC UK pool record. 30000 have been sold so far and as far as I am aware the SRU/Edinburgh Rugby are getting lots of publicity on local radio and with Students Unions/ Pubs / Resturants and local advertising to try and break the 37000 that attended the Cardiff Vs. Tolouse game at the Millenium Stadium.

A fantastic achievement for a country with apparently no interest in Rugby. If We get the win against Toulouse and do it with some style I would bet heavily some of those guys will be back.

So this result is not just important for Edinburgh but also for Scottish rugby as a whole in trying to raise the profile of the game. With Glasgow doing so well in the pro12 who knows, maybe after the disapointment of the 6N we are turning the corner?

Anyway as I said I'll try to keep my feet on the ground with this (NO PROMISES) one but I believe we can win this game.

C'mon the Burgh

Black & Red army
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh Vs. Toulouse Build up thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Edinburgh Vs. Toulouse Build up thread

Post by Pal Joey Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:37 pm

What a run... amazing try.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh Vs. Toulouse Build up thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Edinburgh Vs. Toulouse Build up thread

Post by Guest Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:37 pm

goodness knows why not Billy, would have been a more sensible thing to do.

Thankfully the conversion is missed though.

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:39 pm

Surely the last thing you want when down to 13 men is broken play?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:40 pm

Phase play now Ed, hopefully a penalty
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:44 pm

Good DG clap
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:47 pm

phew half time, Edinburgh did well not to concede there.

Toulouse are so dangerous when they up the tempo.

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:48 pm

Very lucky to only lose 5 points when down to 13 men but i seriously question the kicking tactics when down to 13.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:49 pm

Got good coverage outthere in the sticks dreamer? Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:50 pm

Considering the circumstances Edinburgh are doing much better than expected. They're in with a decent shout at this stage.

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:52 pm

Matanavou is a beast.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:55 pm

Ed are still very much in this. Important that they get the first score after 1/2 time though.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:56 pm

Billy - aye, unbeleivably, broadband has made it's way out here Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:56 pm

Edinburgh still in this.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:56 pm

Who's idea was it to put this rugby match on during the Nigel Owens show?

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:57 pm

Who's the really tall guy with the purple tie doing the analysis on Sky? What. a. douche.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:57 pm

That would be Will Greenwood

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:57 pm

Good stuff dreamer OK

Yep, speed is the way to go for Ed.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:58 pm

KickAndChase wrote:Who's the really tall guy with the purple tie doing the analysis on Sky? What. a. douche.

Greenwood is a very good analyst i feel.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:59 pm

Will Greenwood? Jeez.

Speed is the way to go for anyone watching him. And I mean the drug.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:01 pm

I love Greenwood Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:05 pm

Link? My usual twomintpork seems to have forgotten to live stream this weekend

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:08 pm

Pm view
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:08 pm

A yellow for Servat Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:08 pm

Servat off for 10, big opportunity for Edinburgh now.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:09 pm

consistency by Nige, Servat knew it straight away that he was going to the bin.

Chunk better watch his mouth though!

Did you see how angry Dusautoir got with Servat though! If I was Servat, I would not be looking forward to the talking to he might be getting later.

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:09 pm

Well at least he's consistent OK I do think Jacobsen's appeal actually changed Owens' mind though, no?

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:09 pm

Huge ten minutes now for Ed. Get a lead and they will get home in this.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:11 pm

They need to find a way to get up field more reliably than up and unders though

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:11 pm

Mind you it's working.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:12 pm

That was a very poor drop.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:13 pm

Toulouse really, really do not like fielding the high balls here at all....

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:14 pm

Toulouse scrum under a lot of pressure since Servat was binned - cmon Edinburgh

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:15 pm

Chance to pull ahead Yahoo

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:15 pm

16-14 !!!

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:15 pm

Much better tempo from Ed in the second half.

Ed lead, come on lads BELIEVE
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:17 pm

eirebilly wrote:Pm view
can you please send me one as well, maye? I am stuck on cover in the hospital. And nothing is happenning.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:17 pm

Needless, stupid penalties from Ed.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:18 pm

Beauxis misses an angled 45m penalty - still 16-14 Ed. Really need to start playing in the other end of the field. This is where Laidlaw needs to work on his game a bit I feel.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:18 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Pm view
can you please send me one as well, maye? I am stuck on cover in the hospital. And nothing is happenning.

PM mate
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:19 pm

Bauxis is starting to have a bad game, target him now
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:20 pm

Toulouse stink.

And they're getting worse. Awful kicking stats.

Edinburgh sense there's a match to be won here. Toulouse looking fragile.

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:20 pm

Toulouse looking like the 6th QF seed they are at the moment ...

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:21 pm

Edinburgh's choking maul tactic has worked about 5 times now. Excellent work.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:23 pm

Edinburgh need a Beauxis, that's really all their missing at the moment, someone to drive it into the opposing 22 all the time.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:26 pm

Great tackle there, Toulous are rocking here.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:30 pm

I question Laidlaw taking a punt at goal there. Surely a lineout in the 22 would be better at that stage given his range.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:31 pm

Dear god Leck just put the ball in Sad

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:32 pm

Territory and DG anyone?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:33 pm

Edinburgh have lost the momentum. Toulouse could grind out a score here.

Though Nigel Owens seems to be giving Edinburgh a lot of latitude at scrum time.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:36 pm

Dousetoir was never onside there
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next