The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh Vs. Toulouse Build up thread

+42
R!skysports
maestegmafia
TJ1
glamorganalun
justified sinner
bedfordwelsh
trebellbobaggins
Biltong
Cymroglan
tigertattie
Golden
yappysnap
Pot Hale
doctor_grey
KickAndChase
Knackeredknees
EnglishReign
overlordofthewest
Pal Joey
Dim
LondonTiger
ChequeredJersey
Mickado
valjester
eirebilly
mckay1402
Imperialbigdave
IanBru
AlastairW
Artful_Dodger
Morgannwg
Rava
sensisball
21st Century Schizoid Man
George Carlin
GLove39
whocares
funnyExiledScot
RDW
red_stag
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
RuggerRadge2611
46 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Edinburgh Vs. Toulouse Build up thread - Page 4 Empty Edinburgh Vs. Toulouse Build up thread

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm going to do my best to keep the feet on the ground here, but I have just bought my Ticket and now I cannot wait for Saturday.

Let's face it, Scottish rugby is in need of a good pick up after the debacle of getting whitewashed in the 6N. The weekend just past kind of set the tone for me. Edinburgh played well and battled past a dogged Scarlets at Murrayfield and the Warriors thumped the Blues and Henson nearly got expelled from his flight home because he was intoxicated.

Now I'm looking forward to Edinburgh's most anticipated match in memory where we have the multiple HC winners Toulouse coming to the capital. Glaws showed the way on how to beat Toulouse in the pool stages, get in their faces and stifle their attacking style of rugby. By the end of the match Glouceseter had run them ragged and closed the game out.

Very similar to what Edinburgh did to London Irish and Racing Metro in the pool stages of the tournament.

Always known for it's sensationalist journalism the Hootsman has chipped in with an article about the French giants "fearing" Denton.

Toulouse admit fears over Dave Denton
By BILL LOTHIAN
Published on Monday 2 April 2012 12:00

DAVE DENTON has emerged as the player Toulouse are most keen to contain when visiting Edinburgh Rugby for Saturday’s Heineken European Cup quarter-final.

The form of the 22-year-old Test back rower was rewarded with man-of-the-match honours as Edinburgh won 26-23 at home to Scarlets at the weekend.

But opposite number Louis Picamoles, capped 21 times by France, was already wary, insisting: “Edinburgh have a lot of young and talented players and play offensive style of rugby with very good consistency.

“Denton is a fine young player and next week will be as difficult as the (recent) France game (a 23-17 win) at Murrayfield. It will be tough, but it is also going to be hugely exciting.”

Picamoles missed Toulouse’s latest fixture, a 22-18 win at Stade Francais to stay top of the French League.

But France prop Jean-Baptise Poux turned out and looked ahead to the Edinburgh clash by insisting it was a major obstacle on the road to the club’s fifth Heineken Cup.

Poux, himself a three time-winner, said: “Edinburgh have the ability to keep the ball and play through a lot of phases. They play attacking rugby and are capable of beating anyone.

“We saw that during the French game against Scotland in the Six Nations. We could have lost.

“I watched several of Edinburgh’s games during the Pool stages. Against Racing Metro they showed a lot of power and, when the Racing players were exhausted, they scored at the last minute to win the game – they are a dangerous team.”

I seriously doubt Toulouse will fear any of our guys but they will be astute enough to pick out the danger players ala Denton. For me the backrow will be critical for this game, and whoever dominates the breakdown will win the game. If Edinburgh can get the quick ball they thrive off I think running Toulouse of the park is a disticnt possibility.

More positive news when I found out that Edinburgh have a chance to set the record attendence for HC UK pool record. 30000 have been sold so far and as far as I am aware the SRU/Edinburgh Rugby are getting lots of publicity on local radio and with Students Unions/ Pubs / Resturants and local advertising to try and break the 37000 that attended the Cardiff Vs. Tolouse game at the Millenium Stadium.

A fantastic achievement for a country with apparently no interest in Rugby. If We get the win against Toulouse and do it with some style I would bet heavily some of those guys will be back.

So this result is not just important for Edinburgh but also for Scottish rugby as a whole in trying to raise the profile of the game. With Glasgow doing so well in the pro12 who knows, maybe after the disapointment of the 6N we are turning the corner?

Anyway as I said I'll try to keep my feet on the ground with this (NO PROMISES) one but I believe we can win this game.

C'mon the Burgh

Black & Red army
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh Vs. Toulouse Build up thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Edinburgh Vs. Toulouse Build up thread

Post by eirebilly Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Missed chance there, perfect position for a DG
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh Vs. Toulouse Build up thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Edinburgh Vs. Toulouse Build up thread

Post by KickAndChase Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:38 pm

I really think Blair's substitution has hurt Edinburgh ... no idea why Leck paused there with all that momentum.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Owens is having a shocker.

Infact all the refs so far this weekend have been so poor at pinging players that come wandering in to the side of rucks to slow the SH down a second or two. They seem to all favour the defending team massively and are happy to have a slow ruck situation that looks more like an erotic wrestling comp at times.

Feel sorry for Edinburgh there, two or three Toulouse infringements and then Owens pings them for holding on.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:41 pm

Jauzion is class, fair play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:42 pm

Really yappy?

I think Nigel has been hugely consistent, and I haven't seen any glaring errors from him at all. Think he's really letting the game flow, am really enjoying this match.

So basically, I don't agree with you Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:42 pm

CMON EDINBURGH

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Owens has been very consistent here i feel.

DG Ed, DG
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:45 pm

my god I'm so nervous and I'm not even an Edinburgh fan! This competition it somethine else...

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Fair enough, it's mainly just the players who keep getting up in the middle of rucks or running in from offside but not touching the ball to slow it down for a second which is frustrating. Yes he's had no glaring errors but he's consistent only at letting the rucks be a mess.

it's not just Owens it is most of the refs this weekend.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:46 pm

eirebilly wrote:PM mate
Goycha. And thanks. Great timing too.

As long as Edi hang on, this will be one of the classic finishes. Keep popping boys. We are watching in one of the ORs which have the new computer internet based connection and multiple big screens for real time feedback and connections to other global medical institutions in the midst of a critical medical procedure.
The OR is very slow today, at least until I play later, so an OR is a nice place and quiet to watch. All sound is contained. And all the nitrous Ozixde you need.....

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:47 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
Gotcha. And thanks. Great timing too.

As long as Edi hang on, this will be one of the classic finishes. Keep popping boys. We are watching in one of the ORs which have the new computer internet based connection and multiple big screens for real time feedback and connections to other global medical institutions in the midst of a critical medical procedure.
The OR is very slow today, at least until I play later, so an OR is a nice place and quiet to watch. All sound is contained. And all the nitrous Ozixde you need.....

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:47 pm

Its going to happen for Ed, its going to happen Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:47 pm

Edinburgh do seem well up for this though and it is a brilliant tense game, just wish they'd get another score to get some daylight between the scores!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:48 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
Goycha. And thanks. Great timing too.

Sounds good but is it in 3D?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:49 pm

Edinburgh penalty with one minute to go!!

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:49 pm

Penatly!

ooo kick it!

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:50 pm

GO FOR TOUCH!!! Oh dear.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Not sure they should have been allowed to run that all the way down, but hey never mind. Edinburgh the better team WOOO

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:51 pm

What a win for Ed clap

AsBo must be going mental Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Not too bad. Not too bad at all.
Rockin............

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:51 pm

C'Mon!!!!!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Huge result for you lads great game. Well done

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Well played Edinburgh fantastic victory - also an amazing achievement for Michael Bradley - this guy gets Connacht to the semi finals of the Amlin and now Edinburhg to the semi finals of the Heineken.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Can they win the whole thing?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Hate to say it here ... but *surely* this shows how rubbish AR is?!?!?!

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

what a brilliant, brilliant win!!!

Well done Edinburgh, that's fantastic! clap

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:52 pm

doctor_grey wrote:Can they win the whole thing?

Let's not get carried away. They are one of 7 teams, soon to be 4, that could.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Great win for Ed. OK Whisky

Although I tipped Toulouse on SG by too many - I'm really thrilled for Edinburgh.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Brilliant to see another rabo team doing so well. 3/4 semi-finalists from our league speaks volumes i think

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Well done Edinburgh you lads must be so proud thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Dim Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:53 pm

clap

Dim

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:54 pm

Where's the semi at?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:54 pm

Servat is going to be abused by his team mates.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:54 pm

Excellent win for Edinburgh Scotland and the Pro12

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:55 pm

tigertattie wrote:Where's the semi at?

Itlll be in the Aviva against either Munster or Ulster i think.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Well you really are on a hiding to nothing with a club name such as Too - lose Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:56 pm

Brilliant result by Edinburgh. Superb effort by Tim Visser.

Well done Michael Bradley & Co.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:58 pm

KickAndChase wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:Can they win the whole thing?

Let's not get carried away. They are one of 7 teams, soon to be 4, that could.
Agree. I'm not losing my senses over Edi by any means. Simply, considering the other clubs involved, do they stand a chance to win their bext two? We know the likely opponents. Do they have anything more than a puncher's chance against them?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:59 pm

They've got a good chance against either Munster or Ulster I would say. Certainly a better side of the draw for them (if you can say that in this competition!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:02 pm

YEEESSSSS! Well done Edinburgh! Good to see a Scottish team get this far, now try and go one better...and transfer your form to the Rabo Smile.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:03 pm

Marvellous result for Edinburgh, chuffed to bits for the players and their fans - they played well even if Toulouse didn't offer very much Yahoo

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:03 pm

Golden wrote:

Get things right Golden Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:05 pm

I don't know, it depends who goes through from the other sides. Good to avoid Leinster but Ulster nor Munster are exactly pushovers ... Edinburgh have been tanked week in week out by PRO12 sides so they'll need a change of mindset.

It's the Heineken Cup, anything can happen. Yes they can win it - take it one match at a time - but should the next 3 matches go with form they will rightly be the outside bet.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:05 pm

Edinburgh in the semis. Glasgow in the running for the league playoffs.

Not a bad outcome for Scottish club rugby so far.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Very good indeed.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:14 pm

eirebilly wrote:
Golden wrote:

Get things right Golden Wink
warning

Dont mind who wins tomorow as long as they win in the next round and make it an all Irish Final. Whistle

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:18 pm

It has the makings of an all Irish final thats for sure.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Excellent result didn't expect it but well done indeed.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:22 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next