The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about your Summer Eclectic game today...DECLARE YOUR SCORES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

+10
McLaren
SmithersJones
navyblueshorts
Lairdy
Sand
JAS
golfermartin
Nay
Fader
1GrumpyGolfer
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tell us about your Summer Eclectic game today...DECLARE YOUR SCORES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE! - Page 3 Empty Tell us about your Summer Eclectic game today...DECLARE YOUR SCORES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 14 May 2012, 1:49 am

First topic message reminder :

I hereby declare the Summer Eclectic officially open.

Tell us your tales of joy, woe, banditry and debauchery here.

For rules, regs and entries:
https://www.606v2.com/t28821-2012-summer-eclectic-rules-regs-and-entry-list

Updated leaderboard as of September 4.

Moving into the final weeks of the eclectic comp, deadline is September 30 for those still to get rounds in

LEADERBOARD (September 4, 2012)

Score Rounds Name
-15 F Sand
-14 (7) Barragan
-12 (5) Fader
-11 F GolferMartin
-11 F SetupDeterminesTheMotion
-11 (7) Grumps
-11 (5) Raycastleunited
-10 F Davie
-10 F NavyBlueShorts
-10 (4) Hogie
-7 (4) Doc
-7 (4) OldShanker
-7 (3) JAS
-6 (4) Nay Bother

If you don't appear on the leaderboard it means one, or more, of a few things:

You haven't started yet Tumbleweed
You didn't submit your scores Doh
You haven't played enough to get into negative numbers Sorry

or
You played crap raspberry

Last edited by barragan on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 12:58 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Leaderboard September 4)

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your Summer Eclectic game today...DECLARE YOUR SCORES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell us about your Summer Eclectic game today...DECLARE YOUR SCORES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

Post by Fader Tue 24 Jul 2012, 11:46 am

I'll take round 5 tonight as the sun is shining, may even break out the shorts

Fader

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your Summer Eclectic game today...DECLARE YOUR SCORES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell us about your Summer Eclectic game today...DECLARE YOUR SCORES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 25 Jul 2012, 12:25 pm

Hi Grumpy. Before I forget, can you stick me down for round 8 for today please?
Cheers.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:02 pm

only joshing with you setup - a you were worthy winner, i dont think i'd have caught you even if i'd had another 3 rounds!

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:03 pm

just to confirm - R3 for me tonight, the sun is shining, shorts and t-shirt have been donned in anticipation... probably going to pish then.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:29 pm

ban_bam wrote:only joshing with you setup - a you were worthy winner, i dont think i'd have caught you even if i'd had another 3 rounds!

Just playing along. Nice to windup sometimes.

Hug Whistle
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Thu 26 Jul 2012, 8:34 am

Truly awful round last night. Was swinging like an octopus and just could not get the ball under control. Course was in disappointing shape one again - a busy day, hundred of footprints in the soggy surfaces. Really horrible to putts on - bouncing putts all over the place - even got a good flight on one of my putts after it got airborne for a few feet coming out of a a particularly deep crater. Also the rough was absurdly long - first time I've witnessed someone stand on their ball accident while looking in the first cut - then i did exactly the same thing on the very next hole - beyond belief. picard

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Thu 26 Jul 2012, 8:47 am

Can I reschedule round 5 for Saturday. Ended up in the pub with a lady on Tuesday and played a matchplay last night.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Fri 27 Jul 2012, 1:31 pm

Count me in on Saturday,weather permitting !!!
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Tue 31 Jul 2012, 9:54 am

Count me in for round 5 on Wednesday weather permitting...

Cheers

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Tue 31 Jul 2012, 11:31 am

Grumps did you get my R4&5 scores.

Also pop me down for round 6 on friday please.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue 31 Jul 2012, 1:01 pm

Fader, got them mate. Got scores from Barragan, Navy and Setup to go update too.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Wed 01 Aug 2012, 8:32 am

Sand wrote:Count me in for round 5 on Wednesday weather permitting...

Cheers

Course shut all day, count me in for 5 on Sunday, again weather permitting.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Wed 01 Aug 2012, 7:34 pm

hi grumps, can I have round 4 on Sunday please

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:42 pm

R4 for me tomorrow
cheers Grumps
B

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat 04 Aug 2012, 2:38 am

No probs guys. Getting a couple in myself

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Sat 04 Aug 2012, 2:32 pm

Grumps

Think I might as well do my final round on Sunday. Thanks

Do you have to tell yourself before you do your counting rounds? Wink

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat 04 Aug 2012, 7:19 pm

I post that I'm playing to keep it honest GM. I've had a couple of brilliant rounds that I forget to elect furious

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sat 04 Aug 2012, 11:14 pm

Medal today. Finished +7 with 2 doubles and a triple on the card , and six missed birdie attempts from 3-10feet. Did put a couple away on 4 & 16 - but a day where my head just would not stay in the zone. Good chance for a healthy cut missed. Hope to do the business on Wed - Round 5 please Grumps
cheers, b

R4scores:

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Sun 05 Aug 2012, 4:06 pm

PM you with my scores Grumps..

Will have round 6 on Wed please.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 06 Aug 2012, 4:22 pm

Updated leaderboard posted.

A couple have run their race and Fader is still holding onto the top spot. Now where's my magic handicap slashing pencil when I need it? Laugh

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Mon 06 Aug 2012, 7:36 pm

12 under after only 5 rounds. Definately needs a cut of at least 2 Wink

Barragan looks a bit dodgy too. Course if anyone beats me they must be dodgy - I'm the benchmark!!

Last edited by golfermartin on Mon 06 Aug 2012, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 06 Aug 2012, 7:42 pm

golfermartin wrote:12 under after only 5 rounds. Definately needs a cut of at least 2 Wink

Just 2 GM? Any reason for this number Whistle

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Mon 06 Aug 2012, 7:45 pm

Smile
1GrumpyGolfer wrote:
golfermartin wrote:12 under after only 5 rounds. Definately needs a cut of at least 2 Wink

Just 2 GM? Any reason for this number Whistle

Just seemed a nice figure really - honest. I wouldn't object if it was more.

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 06 Aug 2012, 8:08 pm

GM ( perfect opportunity for my favourite emoticon ) raspberry

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:41 am

barragan wrote: GM ( perfect opportunity for my favourite emoticon ) raspberry

Ha ha thumbsup

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue 07 Aug 2012, 11:36 am

I think you're onto something GM. I mean the guy's changed his user name, probably trying to use a different handicap. (gratuitous use raspberry ) Steward's inquiry coming up I think.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 07 Aug 2012, 11:42 am

Yep, i probably ought to have stripped myself of the mod badge, claimed to be emigrating from the country never to return - then opened up a new account and user name and added 10 shots to my handicap. Otherwise my deceit is just too transparent Run

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue 07 Aug 2012, 11:58 am

Well in that case B, consider yourself cut Laugh

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 07 Aug 2012, 12:01 pm

Shocked

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Tue 07 Aug 2012, 2:10 pm

barragan wrote:Yep, i probably ought to have stripped myself of the mod badge, claimed to be emigrating from the country never to return - then opened up a new account and user name and added 10 shots to my handicap. Otherwise my deceit is just too transparent Run

Blimey B, never thought of that. What a good idea. And all to gain the kudos of winning the 606v2 summer eclectic competition!

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 07 Aug 2012, 3:06 pm

Theres still time for a late entry GM (alias TBC) mo1

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:11 pm

Are you two conspiring to cheat in the summer eclectic. Shame on you, 5 shot penalty to each of you Laugh

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Wed 08 Aug 2012, 4:36 pm

Count me in for a game tonight, please Smile
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Thu 09 Aug 2012, 9:45 am

started off well with a birdie, steady enough with the exception of a couple of 3 putts through 12 holes. poor rushed shot on 13 led to a triple - game over (finished +9 - dumped one in the burn on 18, and made bogey - where par would have made buffer mad ). no improvements to report, but yet another medal where the css has gone up to 73 - hope that will reflect on my eclectic course par rating grumps Wink

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Thu 09 Aug 2012, 11:03 am

Decent enough round last night. +2 for 17 holes but +4 for one hole furious

Still a couple of shots improvement on eclectic scores so think im tied with Fader Smile

Will have round 7 on Saturday.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Thu 09 Aug 2012, 11:06 am

Sand wrote:Decent enough round last night. +2 for 17 holes but +4 for one hole furious

Still a couple of shots improvement on eclectic scores so think im tied with Fader Smile

Another one that needs to be cut - dropping 4 on the last smacks of handicap protection to me! Wink

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:02 pm

Sand, i believe your response should be somthing along the lines of raspberry

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:05 pm

golfermartin wrote:
Sand wrote:Decent enough round last night. +2 for 17 holes but +4 for one hole furious

Another one that needs to be cut - dropping 4 on the last smacks of handicap protection to me! Wink

raspberry I had a 8 at the 7th

Gutted as would have been a bigger cut.... Down to my lowest tho... Yahoo
You guys will just have to play better to catch me and Fader in the Eclectic Wink

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:07 pm

Sand wrote:

Gutted as would have been a bigger cut.... Down to my lowest tho... Yahoo
You guys will just have to play better to catch me and Fader in the Eclectic Wink

There speaks a man demanding a cut, let me get my magic pencil and a calculator laughing

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:15 pm

My handicap's just gone up, do i get a stroke back? angel

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:53 pm

Sand wrote:You guys will just have to play better to catch me and Fader in the Eclectic Wink

Bit difficult that when you've already finished. That's why I have to "suggest" others should be cut. It's the only weapon I have left! Sad

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Fri 10 Aug 2012, 10:17 am

Count me in for a game on Sunday, weather permitting, injury permitting.
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Fri 10 Aug 2012, 5:26 pm

Grumps - next round for me on Saturday

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 10 Aug 2012, 6:29 pm

R6 tomorrow
cheers Grumps

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 10 Aug 2012, 7:47 pm

after an embarrassingly looooong gap, I'll be playing round 3? tomorrow. When is the Eclectic due to run to by the way?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 10 Aug 2012, 9:58 pm

30Sep jas

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 10 Aug 2012, 10:06 pm

lol ok there may be time to get a few more in...In between Carnoustie/RA/Trump, Liphook and Spain :-/

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat 11 Aug 2012, 2:43 am

Blimey hard life JAS. Must be nice to not have to worry about the prestigious comps interfering with the eclectic Laugh

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat 11 Aug 2012, 7:39 pm

Much better today...bit of an odd round though...it was the 14th (yes FOURTEENTH) before I hit a fairway but somehow got round in 3 over (and that was with a reload on 6 - actually the reload hit the fairway). Still managed 12 greens in reg and 32 putts. Card on it's way Grumps

Really frustrating that for the first 2/3rds of the round the driver was going left...I've been through this loop before and I know it's not weightshift, I'm sure it wasn't alignment either. I'd be most cheesed off if it was casting across as I thought I could feel myself doing that now...I did sort it out toward the end (slowed it down a bit).

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Sat 11 Aug 2012, 8:13 pm

ok round today, didnt feel I played that well but should be round in the buffer so will take that.

Oh and picked up one on the eclectic so that will suit me fine Very Happy

PM sent Grumps.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next