The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about your Summer Eclectic game today...DECLARE YOUR SCORES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

+10
McLaren
SmithersJones
navyblueshorts
Lairdy
Sand
JAS
golfermartin
Nay
Fader
1GrumpyGolfer
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tell us about your Summer Eclectic game today...DECLARE YOUR SCORES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE! - Page 2 Empty Tell us about your Summer Eclectic game today...DECLARE YOUR SCORES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 14 May 2012, 1:49 am

First topic message reminder :

I hereby declare the Summer Eclectic officially open.

Tell us your tales of joy, woe, banditry and debauchery here.

For rules, regs and entries:
https://www.606v2.com/t28821-2012-summer-eclectic-rules-regs-and-entry-list

Updated leaderboard as of September 4.

Moving into the final weeks of the eclectic comp, deadline is September 30 for those still to get rounds in

LEADERBOARD (September 4, 2012)

Score Rounds Name
-15 F Sand
-14 (7) Barragan
-12 (5) Fader
-11 F GolferMartin
-11 F SetupDeterminesTheMotion
-11 (7) Grumps
-11 (5) Raycastleunited
-10 F Davie
-10 F NavyBlueShorts
-10 (4) Hogie
-7 (4) Doc
-7 (4) OldShanker
-7 (3) JAS
-6 (4) Nay Bother

If you don't appear on the leaderboard it means one, or more, of a few things:

You haven't started yet Tumbleweed
You didn't submit your scores Doh
You haven't played enough to get into negative numbers Sorry

or
You played crap raspberry

Last edited by barragan on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 12:58 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Leaderboard September 4)

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your Summer Eclectic game today...DECLARE YOUR SCORES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell us about your Summer Eclectic game today...DECLARE YOUR SCORES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

Post by barragan Sat 23 Jun 2012, 9:49 pm

Had a pretty rough start to the year - lack of practice is affecting my consistency. Hopefully will rally and at least get back down to six soon...hard to believe i was pushing toward 4 this time last year. amazing how much external highs (parenthood) and lows (unemployment) can affect performance on the course.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your Summer Eclectic game today...DECLARE YOUR SCORES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell us about your Summer Eclectic game today...DECLARE YOUR SCORES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

Post by golfermartin Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:58 pm

Managed to improve by 2 again. Had a very dismal front nine (8 over), but bounced back to drop only one on the second nine. Is Captain's Prize too so I might well get something for best back nine (21 points) and that included a dropped shot on the last (our easiest par 4) Doh - ah well

It gets worse - had I parred the last, I'd had 36 points and lost 0.2 which would have put me on 7.4 because CSS went up one!! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by golfermartin on Tue 26 Jun 2012, 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 24 Jun 2012, 9:10 pm

Two rounds today (our Club Championship) and absolute scheiss. Yes it was pretty windy but it doesn't help if you can't drive it onto the short stuff and your putter's gone cold(er than usual). Pretty frustrating.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed 27 Jun 2012, 7:42 am

R2 for me on Saturday please Grumps.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:59 am

R4 for me on Sunday please Grumps. Round 2 of a 36 hole comp and only 2 off the lead - mind you so are alot of others!!

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 27 Jun 2012, 9:54 am

R4 for me tomorrow please Grumpster. Cheers.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed 27 Jun 2012, 10:57 am

Thanks gents, scores from last weeks rounds received.

Leaderboard update to come after this weekend.

Grumps

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Sat 30 Jun 2012, 8:34 am

I will try and get a game in today. Very Happy
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sat 30 Jun 2012, 4:48 pm

Boy i played ***** today. 4bbb 2nd round, which we won 2up because our opponents were even worse than us. Will pm the scores to you Grumps.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Sun 01 Jul 2012, 7:31 am

Managed to play 9 superb holes : 1 under par. Very Happy

Back 9 not so good : 10 over. furious

Managed to squeeze into the next round, so will play round 3 this morning.
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 01 Jul 2012, 7:38 pm

Just read an interview with Ken Venturi where he reminisces about Harding Park (where the last US-staged Presidents Cup was held).

He has eagled every single hole there at least once, except one of the four par-3's.

Eclectic or what?!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 04 Jul 2012, 1:50 pm

Can you put me down for R5 this Saturday please Grumpy? Ta.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Wed 04 Jul 2012, 2:05 pm

Rnd 3 for me today pls....

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Wed 04 Jul 2012, 2:26 pm

Grumps

Please could I have this Sunday for Round 5?

Thanks

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Sun 08 Jul 2012, 4:03 pm

What a day - it was all wrong from the start. I'd played last evening so left my trolley in the boot of the car and put my (slightly damp) golf bag and umbrella in the garage. When I came to leave for the course, it was persisting it down so I grabbed the umbrella and bag, threw them in the car and forgot my battery. My trolley bag doesn't have a strap so I had to push the electric trolley round on wet fairways. I am Green Chairman, so had to make sure the course was playable (and it was). It just about stopped during the first nine, but back nine it really hammered it down. The greens were still playable though - alot of standing water on the fairways in places though.

Upshot was no improvement in the eclectic and only 31 points - rubbish!

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairdy Wed 11 Jul 2012, 4:23 pm

Going to try for my first round tonight. Will try and remember a photo of card this time!

EDIT - course closed. Will try again on saturday.

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 12 Jul 2012, 10:55 pm

Hi Grumpy. Can you stick me down for round 6 this Saturday please?
Cheers.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Fri 13 Jul 2012, 6:36 am

Hi grumps.

Can you put me down for round 4 saturday weather permitting. Do we have a leader board of current standings.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Fri 13 Jul 2012, 8:46 am

Grumps

Round 6 on Sunday please. Getting difficult to improve now..

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Fri 13 Jul 2012, 9:09 am

Round 4 for me Sunday please, weather permitting.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Sat 14 Jul 2012, 12:00 pm

Well, just walked off the course as the real down pour began! Bloody lucky that one.

First game back since getting home from Florence, played alright. Did nothing spectacularly wrong or overly good but it'll do. Good warm up for tomorrow when playing Medway Open which is held at my home course. May have to take spare pants judging by the weather!

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat 14 Jul 2012, 11:44 pm

I'll try to get a leaderboard update this week

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Sun 15 Jul 2012, 9:53 pm

Sand wrote:Round 4 for me Sunday please, weather permitting.

Actually forgot I said 4th round this weekend, lucky me played crap again.... Seems to be a common theme with me and this eclectic competition Doh Anyway Grumps, email sent.

Last edited by Sand on Mon 16 Jul 2012, 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairdy Mon 16 Jul 2012, 10:54 am

Think I will withdraw from the eclectic please? Sorry to faff about but I've trouble remembering where I've parked the car at the clubhouse never mind photographing my score card. Cheers anyways!

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu 19 Jul 2012, 7:34 pm

As threatened a couple of times here is the leaderboard as of July 19.

The handicap slashing pencil has been in action and one cut has been levied based on some exceptional play. You can see where I get my name from as I am losing my own poxy game. But, have no fear I have the magic spreadsheet and I will be bounding up the leaderboard soon. Whistle

LEADERBOARD (July 19, 2012)

Score Rounds Name
-10 3 Fader
-10 7 Davie
-9 6 NavyBlueShorts
-9 6 GolferMartin
-9 4 Sand
-7 4 Doc
-7 4 OldShanker
-5 3 SetupDeterminesTheMotion
-5 3 Hogie
-4 2 Ban_Bam
-4 2 Raycastleunited
-1 3 Grumps

or

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Thu 19 Jul 2012, 7:45 pm

R3 for me on Saturday please Grumps. Hopefully the course will re-open in time.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Thu 19 Jul 2012, 8:24 pm

Grumps

Please could I do my 7th round on Sunday

Thanks

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Thu 19 Jul 2012, 8:52 pm

Just remembered I haven't submitted my card for R4 to you grumps. Will send it through when I get home.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:22 pm

Hi Grumpster. Can you put me down for round 7 for tomorrow (Friday) please?
Cheers.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 20 Jul 2012, 6:44 am

ban_bam wrote:R3 for me on Saturday please Grumps. Hopefully the course will re-open in time.

just heard our greens have been hollow cored - going to postpone my R3 to Wednesday when hopefully they'll be playable.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Fri 20 Jul 2012, 6:55 am

I'll take round 5 & 6 today and tomorrow respectively please

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:21 am

Count me in for game 4 tomorrow.
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Fri 20 Jul 2012, 1:10 pm

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:As threatened a couple of times here is the leaderboard as of July 19.

The handicap slashing pencil has been in action and one cut has been levied based on some exceptional play. You can see where I get my name from as I am losing my own poxy game. But, have no fear I have the magic spreadsheet and I will be bounding up the leaderboard soon. Whistle

LEADERBOARD (July 19, 2012)

Score Rounds Name
-10 3 Fader
-10 7 Davie
-9 6 NavyBlueShorts
-9 6 GolferMartin
-9 4 Sand
-7 4 Doc
-7 4 OldShanker
-5 3 SetupDeterminesTheMotion
-5 3 Hogie
-4 2 Ban_Bam
-4 2 Raycastleunited
-1 3 Grumps

or

I thought I was on -8. Have you magic pencilled me ? Rolling Eyes
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri 20 Jul 2012, 1:45 pm

I'll check Setup when I eventually get to work. Remember it's off 3/4 and the SSS.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri 20 Jul 2012, 10:45 pm

Setup sent you an email

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Sat 21 Jul 2012, 6:30 am

Can you scratch rounds 5 and 6 for me had to work instead

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sat 21 Jul 2012, 8:13 pm

ban_bam wrote:
ban_bam wrote:R3 for me on Saturday please Grumps. Hopefully the course will re-open in time.

just heard our greens have been hollow cored - going to postpone my R3 to Wednesday when hopefully they'll be playable.

turns out the greens were no where near as bad as expected. Pretty poor round all the same, +9, though i did make a pair of birds on 10 and 18 which i think would have been useful toward my eclectic. 2 on the tenth was particularly pleasing after a crisp 5 iron.

Was pretty pleased with my ball striking on the whole. I was working on getting my shoulders turning on the way back and the results were good on the whole. Irons and wedges were solid, distance control was good though a little off target at times. Hopefully I'll get a chance to bed in the improvements soon.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:09 am

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:Setup sent you an email

Grumps,

Sent you an email with Saturday's score attached.

SSS for Airdrie is 69, not 67 as you thought.

Also; I noticed a mistake at the 17th, which I have amended on my overall scorecard. So on 17, became 5 net 4, & not 4 net 3 as I had originally. However I did grab a birdie, elsewhere on my card on Saturday.

So (+1) - (-1), score remains -8 although I said in my email I thought I was -7.

Sorry for all the confusion,I think we have it right now. Cool notworthy
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:21 am

Does that mean a DQ for setup in the winter eclectic...
Wink

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:09 am

Especially as this is a guy that signs off his emails as Winter Eclectic Champion!

Maybe a shot docked for, time wasted, inconvenience and general confusion Whistle

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:49 pm

Not that i'd stand to gain anything from his disqualification of course Whistle

Signed:
ban_bam
Winter Eclectic Runner-Up

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:08 pm

Can't possibly see what you are getting at Ban......

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:20 pm

Setup, took me a while to work out where your 5 net 4, 4 net 3 stuff was as I could only see 5s for 17. It was on your overall tab which I had been basically ignoring.

Have cut you by a shot now based on round 2. Would have got away with that if you hadn't mentioned the SSS Laugh

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:32 pm

life's a b*tch and then you .....

So is that me now off 11 ?

I did say my handicap went down from 12.1 to 11.6 when I handed in round 2............... Sad
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:36 pm

ban_bam wrote:Does that mean a DQ for setup in the winter eclectic...
Wink

Dq'd for what ??

The mistake was Grumps not mine for the SSS.

If Grumps had made the SSS mistake during the winter comp, I would have won by 2 more shots !

Still
Winter ECLECTIC CHAMPION............................ kiss
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 23 Jul 2012, 3:10 pm

Still would have been a playing handicap of 12 Setup. You just got an extra one, that's all.

I think Ban was talking about the scores 5/4 and 4/3

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 23 Jul 2012, 3:21 pm

With so much uncertainty i think we deserve a full inquest into irregular scoring for the winter eclectic champ Whistle shall i scratch his name off the trophy for now Grumps? Hug

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 23 Jul 2012, 3:23 pm

Cross my palm with enough silver Ban and anything's possible Laugh

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 23 Jul 2012, 3:48 pm

Do you accept pro shop vouchers?

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Tue 24 Jul 2012, 11:31 am

Some people will try anything to win. even 3 months down the line.

The scoring issue is on the Summer Eclectic, not the Winter one.

Should I just have kept my opponent's ball in my pocket or told him he was a cheating bar steward ???

Still
Winter ECLECTIC CHAMPION............................
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next