The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham

+28
Portnoy
Dave.
Thomond
perthshirepuma
Glas a du
Cari
Rory_Gallagher
Ozzy3213
Biltong
Irish Londoner
littleswannygirl
Hound_of_Harrow
PJHolybloke
MrsP
prop_lyd
WillyGilly
Rava
PenfroPete
Suspicious lurker
Mickado
Luckless Pedestrian
Notch
red_stag
Gibson
rodders
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
eirebilly
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
32 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham - Page 4 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 16 May 2012, 1:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chin chin and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has arrived in London this week for the Heineken Cup final so has stocked up on cucumber sandwiches ( vomit - KRD ) and Pimms.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Ruan Pienaar, Stephen Ferris, Jonathon Sexton, Rob Kearney and Jonny Wilkinson (the five nominees for the ERC Player of the Year award), Nigel Owens the HEC final referee or Adam Powell (captain of Llanelli RFC who are playing Ponty in the Welsh club final on Friday). The CCTV snaps of Prop_Lyd and the other Cardiff Saracens players on tour in Croatia are fair game though.

Ale coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t28922p950-barrel-s-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-restaurant-luderitz#1218292

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Fri 25 May 2012, 7:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham - Page 4 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham

Post by red_stag Thu 17 May 2012, 12:50 pm

Are we? I'll check it out.

EDIT: Not out yet.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham - Page 4 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham

Post by Rava Thu 17 May 2012, 1:02 pm

red_stag wrote:Are we? I'll check it out.

EDIT: Not out yet.

We will be. If you remember you were going to come up for New Year this year. Even though you let me down, I will be going down to drink with you this New Year guinness
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 17 May 2012, 1:07 pm

Aye Rava, the two big meet ups in December (UK and Dublin) had me broke come January.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 17 May 2012, 1:22 pm

I think that Ulster thread is a lost cause now, tensions are too high and people are soon going to be saying things that they will later regret Sad
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 17 May 2012, 1:23 pm

Billy are you coming to the final this year. Or next year in Dublin?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 17 May 2012, 1:25 pm

Next year Staggy, made the choice to go to the long white cloud this year Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 17 May 2012, 1:26 pm

MUCH better bet.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 17 May 2012, 1:26 pm

Far more exotic than Lahndaan Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 17 May 2012, 1:30 pm

eirebilly wrote:I think that Ulster thread is a lost cause now, tensions are too high and people are soon going to be saying things that they will later regret Sad
Rolling Eyes

(EDIT; Rolling eyes at the thread. Not at you Billy!)
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 17 May 2012, 1:31 pm

Whats up Notch?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 17 May 2012, 1:32 pm

Lucky Notch, i didnt want to The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham - Page 4 Slap12 you Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 17 May 2012, 1:34 pm

Sure I called that about an hour and a half ago on that thread

Notch how you getting to Richmond from Heathrow??
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 17 May 2012, 1:36 pm

Yeah but i tried one last time to bring humour to it Hughie.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 17 May 2012, 1:38 pm

I know, I know....... Sorry ..... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 17 May 2012, 1:41 pm

Laugh Yes, i posted that and then I realised it was quite ambiguous.

I'm not sure Hoog, we need to put our concerted plan of action into place. I understand you can get a bus to Feltham Station and then a train. I'm less familiar with the tube links.

What would be helpful are directions to the triple crown once we get there.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 17 May 2012, 1:43 pm

Can I request to be banned please?.... I'm having a bad week on here.... steam .....I think I've been posessed by GG .... ghost
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 17 May 2012, 1:43 pm

I think i'll have fixed the Ulster thread. Nothing halts an Ulster thread like talking about flags!!
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 17 May 2012, 1:44 pm

Quick questions
i) Who is actually going to the Amlin Final ?
ii) Who is going to be watching it in a pub near the Stoop ? Ale
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 17 May 2012, 1:49 pm

Stag you are one baaaaddd person raspberry

red_stag wrote:Does anyone have an opinion on flags?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 17 May 2012, 1:52 pm

PenfroPete wrote:Quick questions

1. Toulon
2. Pass

Am I right?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 17 May 2012, 1:56 pm

Rava wrote:Stag you are one baaaaddd person raspberry

red_stag wrote:Does anyone have an opinion on flags?

Im convinced it will halt the thread. Just you watch.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 17 May 2012, 2:01 pm

PenfroPete wrote:Quick questions

Penfro, apparently if you are able to show your HC Ticket you will get £10.00 off the admission price to the Amlin Final.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 17 May 2012, 2:04 pm

Anyone else watching the cricket?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 17 May 2012, 2:05 pm

RAVA - I might take them up on that unless I can get someone to watch it in the pub. Are all the other 'Auld Fellas' going to the game ?
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 May 2012, 2:07 pm

Rava wrote:Stag you are a massive imbecile raspberry

Finally somebody is agreeing with me Wink

Afternoon all. Finished work now. Gym then home.

Was thinking about Saturday on my way from Oxford to Swindon earlier and what songs will be played after Ulster win. I remember Elbow - One Day Like This from last year and they played that Titanium song and Beegees - You Win Again after Crosskeys' Swalec win. All songs that I like. Hopefully Twickenham will serve something good up for the old memories.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 17 May 2012, 2:16 pm

Oh Stag!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 17 May 2012, 2:20 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
Rava wrote:Stag you are a massive imbecile raspberry

Finally somebody is agreeing with me Wink

Afternoon all. Finished work now. Gym then home.

Was thinking about Saturday on my way from Oxford to Swindon earlier and what songs will be played after Ulster win. I remember Elbow - One Day Like This from last year and they played that Titanium song and Beegees - You Win Again after Crosskeys' Swalec win. All songs that I like. Hopefully Twickenham will serve something good up for the old memories.

Yea Rev, maybe they will just put on the remix version of "Stand Up For The Ulstermen" music
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 17 May 2012, 2:22 pm

Laugh Glas has just been called a troll Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 17 May 2012, 2:30 pm

PenfroPete wrote:RAVA - I might take them up on that unless I can get someone to watch it in the pub. Are all the other 'Auld Fellas' going to the game ?
Yes, the other Auld Fellas all have tickets for the Amlin, but PcPete is meeting us beforehand so would be around to head to the pub to watch it with OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 17 May 2012, 2:41 pm

My aul pair are staying in Twickenham so no doubt I will end up headed to Twickenham with everyone after hampstead. However I will not and I repeat WILL NOT be going mad Friday evening. I want to be in flying form for Saturday
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 17 May 2012, 2:45 pm

Hoog wrote:My aul pair are staying in Twickenham so no doubt I will end up headed to Twickenham with everyone after hampstead. However I will not and I repeat WILL NOT be going mad Friday evening. I want to be in flying form for Saturday

Famous last words
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 17 May 2012, 2:46 pm

Hoog wrote:My aul pair are staying in Twickenham so no doubt I will end up headed to Twickenham with everyone after hampstead. However I will not and I repeat WILL NOT be going mad Friday evening. I want to be in flying form for Saturday
Down in flames

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 17 May 2012, 2:52 pm

Ah Hughie, you should know better than to put the mockers on yourself like that. I said the same last year, we all did. Serveral jagers and verses of Monto later we were all pickled.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 17 May 2012, 3:27 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhh this week has just got even better: got a flat, g.f got a job, going to Croatia and......my sister has just got engaged and I've been asked to be best man Yahoo Yahoo

cider all round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 17 May 2012, 3:30 pm

Excellent, Prop! I've been lucky: three brothers-in-law and I get on well with all of them. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 17 May 2012, 3:33 pm

This is brilliant:

Geoffrey Boycott, BBC Test Match Special
Passing on some more advice from his uncle Algie: "When two people are involved in a run-out, one of them is going to be very disappointed. Just make sure it isn't you."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/18075801

Laugh

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 May 2012, 3:37 pm

excellent news Prop! cider

ha that's brilliant Lucky! I've just tuned into the cricket now, love love love TMS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 17 May 2012, 3:40 pm

I haven't really got into the cricket today. I'll watch the highlights tonight, that should do the trick.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 17 May 2012, 3:43 pm

PM for Hoog
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 17 May 2012, 3:44 pm

prop_lyd wrote:Ahhhhhhhhhhh this week has just got even better: got a flat, g.f got a job, going to Croatia and......my sister has just got engaged and I've been asked to be best man Yahoo Yahoo

cider all round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice one, prop cider

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 17 May 2012, 4:39 pm

PROP - clap enjoy Crotia mate thumbsup
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 17 May 2012, 4:42 pm

rodders wrote:Can I request to be banned please?.... I'm having a bad week on here.... steam .....I think I've been posessed by GG .... ghost

Rodders man - it happens to the best of us! You are a fantastic poster and we would all miss ya if you went away. Hug

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 17 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Rory you're too kind sir! Hug guinness .... I was tempted to jack in my account in a tantrem earlier.... but thankfully Anscombe has come and taken the heat of me..... Whistle ...... Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 17 May 2012, 4:54 pm

I reckon a blinking Leinster supporter organised for that text to be sent to try to distract Ulster!!!!

We have them worried lads!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 17 May 2012, 4:56 pm

rodders wrote:Rory you're too kind sir! Hug guinness .... I was tempted to jack in my account in a tantrem earlier.... but thankfully Anscombe has come and taken the heat of me..... Whistle ...... Run

You still here? Get off this forum you WUM

Wink Hug
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 May 2012, 4:59 pm

Laugh sometimes I really do love twitter:

Gareth Jenkins ‏@Gypo_
Decided to wait until the Euro collapses before making additions to the Squad.Will then buy Munster and use them as feeder region...#Plan

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 17 May 2012, 5:00 pm

OK bye.... Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 17 May 2012, 5:05 pm

Just messin rodders Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 17 May 2012, 5:06 pm

OK I'm back! ghost Very Happy
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 May 2012, 5:40 pm

Michael Corcoran thinks Leinster will win. He told me so on twitter.

(It is so weird typing that name and meaning someone completely different to who I usually mean)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next