The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham

+28
Portnoy
Dave.
Thomond
perthshirepuma
Glas a du
Cari
Rory_Gallagher
Ozzy3213
Biltong
Irish Londoner
littleswannygirl
Hound_of_Harrow
PJHolybloke
MrsP
prop_lyd
WillyGilly
Rava
PenfroPete
Suspicious lurker
Mickado
Luckless Pedestrian
Notch
red_stag
Gibson
rodders
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
eirebilly
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
32 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham - Page 12 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 16 May 2012, 1:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chin chin and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has arrived in London this week for the Heineken Cup final so has stocked up on cucumber sandwiches ( vomit - KRD ) and Pimms.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Ruan Pienaar, Stephen Ferris, Jonathon Sexton, Rob Kearney and Jonny Wilkinson (the five nominees for the ERC Player of the Year award), Nigel Owens the HEC final referee or Adam Powell (captain of Llanelli RFC who are playing Ponty in the Welsh club final on Friday). The CCTV snaps of Prop_Lyd and the other Cardiff Saracens players on tour in Croatia are fair game though.

Ale coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t28922p950-barrel-s-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-restaurant-luderitz#1218292

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Fri 25 May 2012, 7:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham - Page 12 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 21 May 2012, 5:48 pm

Rava wrote:Right, all eight tickets that I got my hands on are now spoken for.

Asbo
Gibbo
Stag
Hoog
Kiwi
Dreamer
Rava
Rava's Son-in-law (Nearly blydi forgot about him)

Six different teams represented already Very Happy (assuming Hoog hasn't changed - it's hard to keep up with him Whistle )

In that case I have two spare, but I'll reserve them for the Welsh contingent.

raspberry

Run

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham - Page 12 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 21 May 2012, 6:02 pm

Been teaching myself a but if acoustic bass today, some of it is very interesting but some of ir is very boring and repetitive
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 21 May 2012, 6:14 pm

Don't take that thing on the tube Hoog!!

I assume it's an upright bass.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 21 May 2012, 6:19 pm

Haha na its just a normal bass but acoustic hound, don't think I'd be able for one those massive ones Laugh
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 21 May 2012, 6:21 pm

Said the actress to the bishop.

Whistle

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 21 May 2012, 6:38 pm

I think he means Bass guitar as opposed to a Double Bass!

Sure you don't need to be good to play Bass Guitar

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 21 May 2012, 6:44 pm

Well played hound

Aye I'm finding that out mrsp, been picking things up fairly quickly on it
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 21 May 2012, 7:07 pm

My bro used to get me to play the bass line while he practiced the Lead!

Not the most exciting musical challenge.

I suppose it gets better as you do.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 21 May 2012, 7:38 pm

bass players are just failed lead guitar players.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Mon 21 May 2012, 7:41 pm

Excellent - that's the tickets for next year's HC final sorted and the hotel booked. zen What could possibly go wrong?????

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 21 May 2012, 8:01 pm

Mickado wrote:bass players are just failed lead guitar players.

I thought that's what rthym guitars were??
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 21 May 2012, 8:04 pm

cider Bulmers Crisp Blend over ice. Mmmmmm. I'm such a shameless populist conformist sometimes Rolling Eyes
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 21 May 2012, 8:12 pm

Evening folks guinness ..... another Ryanair flight survived.... Very Happy

Fantastic weekend. Disappointing result and the last 10 minutes were painful viewing but honestly I've never been so proud to be an Ulster supporter. I believe more than ever that we are building something special and there will be better days ahead.

clap Well done Leinster, enjoy another trophy it's well deserved. They've raised the bar out of sight in European club rugby. Sensational rugby team.

Thanks for the invite on Saturday, we had a brilliant time and it was a pleasure to meet with so many of the pub regs. Unfortunately the day was a bit of a blur so didn't get time to chat to everyone as much as would have liked but everyone I did manage speak to, and I won't name names, far surpassed my lofty expectations....so thanks everyone I hope we meet again sometime guinness OK .

SUFTUM! Yahoo

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 21 May 2012, 8:30 pm

Glas a du wrote:cider Bulmers Crisp Blend over ice. Mmmmmm. I'm such a shameless populist conformist sometimes Rolling Eyes

Pays to be versatile Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 21 May 2012, 8:38 pm

It's quite nice actually. Not the drill into your sinuses like you can get with Mangers.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Mon 21 May 2012, 8:41 pm

Rodders, it was great to meet you both Very Happy guinness

I'm still trying to get my vitamin b12 levels back to normal! Laugh And I've got to have some blood tests done tomorrow Erm Hope they don't examine it too closely Whistle
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 21 May 2012, 8:54 pm

Swanny, you made it home safely then? Hope all is well tomorrow. Hug
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 21 May 2012, 8:57 pm

The pleasure was ours swanny guinness OK
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Mon 21 May 2012, 9:03 pm

Petrol down to 134 in Sainsbury's. The time to panic buy is now people!!!
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Mon 21 May 2012, 9:11 pm

Thanks Rava, sure tomorrow will be fine, not something I'm too concerned about Smile

I made it home fine Very Happy though alcohol + fresh air + standing up for too long made negotiating my way back to Euston an interesting experience! Laugh I took Kiwi's sage advice and went back via Waterloo and it was fine.
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 21 May 2012, 9:22 pm

Evening all
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 21 May 2012, 9:25 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:Evening all

What's going on 'ere then?

Very Happy

I don't think I've seen 'the World is not enough' before.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 21 May 2012, 9:35 pm

Glad everyone seems to have made it home ok. But jeebus, what are we like? The arrangements for next year's final are 75% sorted Wink

God bless staggy; he's been a gem today.

zen

Last edited by Hound_of_Harrow on Mon 21 May 2012, 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 21 May 2012, 9:44 pm

red_stag wrote:A question for Asbo if he is lurking. Why does he (and others) think that anotherworldofpain bloke is Grey Ghost.

Laugh Jeebus Christ I knew there was something I forgot to ask the man himself on Saturday! ....... censored
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 21 May 2012, 10:05 pm

Staggy is very good at his job.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Mon 21 May 2012, 10:27 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18141630

New bond trailer.classssssss
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 May 2012, 10:40 pm

Glas a du wrote:Staggy is very good at his job.

He has to be good at something I suppose Wink. Oh and Bulmers Crisp is nice.

Just been to see American Pie. Loved it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 22 May 2012, 6:58 am

Morning folks. Kettle is on for tea or coffee.
Beautiful morning here.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 22 May 2012, 7:11 am

Morning Rava, The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham - Page 12 1401235891 for me please.

Sunny here on the North sea and not a cloud in the sky. Its going to be a stinker today.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 22 May 2012, 7:19 am

Morning all.

Main story on the BBC website this morning: Measures to replace Asbos set out. I hope the replacement we get does good mug and egg egg

Wink Run
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 22 May 2012, 7:24 am

Hoog wrote:

Hey, watch it, I play acoustic rythm guitar. warning

Well, to be perfectly honest, I am not sure what I play, a little bit of this and a little bit of that. chin

But then I have only een playing for a year now. Headscratch
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 22 May 2012, 7:36 am

biltongbek wrote:
Hoog wrote:

Well, to be perfectly honest, I am not sure what I play, a little bit of this and a little bit of that. chin

Don't worry biltong I do the same myself, but only since September
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 22 May 2012, 7:45 am

╔♫╗────────╔═╦╗─♫╗╔╗─╔╗───
║╩╠═╦═╦═╦╦╗║╚╠╬╦╣╚╣╚╦╝╠═╦╦╗
║╦║╬║╬║╬║║║║╔║║╔╣╔╣║║╬║╬║║║
╚╩╩╩╣╔╣╔╬╗║♫═╩╩╝╚═╩╩╩═╩╩╬╗║
────♫╝╚╝╚═╝─────────────╚═=
ஜ۩۞۩ஜ Linebreaker ஜ۩۞۩ஜ
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 22 May 2012, 7:51 am

Hoog wrote:
biltongbek wrote:
Hoog wrote:

Don't worry biltong I do the same myself, but only since September

Well, if you need some songs to play, we have compiled a 32 song program that we are going to perform end of year. Not sure what musci you like, but if you want them, I can emal you the completed list, it has the chords, beats and lyrics all ready.

PM me your emial address and perhaps you'll like some of them.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 22 May 2012, 8:04 am

Have an interview at 10.30 today folks. Wish me luck!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 22 May 2012, 8:06 am

Best of luck mate, hope all goes well.

Hopefully you will be able to sneak some HC final talk in there to break the ice.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 22 May 2012, 8:06 am

Good luck Mick, i am sure you will do well Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 22 May 2012, 8:13 am

It’s due to go on for 45 mins, if I can eat 30 of those up with HC talk I’ll get the job no bother Laugh

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 22 May 2012, 8:17 am

Best of luck Mick, you'll be sound I'm sure

Happy birthday breaker
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Tue 22 May 2012, 8:20 am

Hope it all goes smoooooooooth as ice Mick.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 22 May 2012, 8:24 am

Thanks lads. I’m normally a nervous wreck before an interview but this is an odd one, I’m being interviewed by my bosses boss whom I’ve known for 5 years, it will be a bit strange but at least I know roughly what to expect.

Happy Burtday Linebreaker!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 22 May 2012, 8:25 am

Mick, i was told to look at your interviewer imagining they are naked. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 22 May 2012, 8:39 am

So theoretically Leinster can have a pool of,

Leinster
Clermont
Ospreys
Exeter

next season

YYYYYEEEEERSSSSSSSSSSSS that is a group I would absolutly love.
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 22 May 2012, 8:50 am

Bore da pawb / good morning all, another fine day here on the docks! Cool

Hughie, just read back - I used to play bass. I found it easy enough to listen to songs and pick up the basslines. Never played an acoustic, though. A few of my favourite basslines: 'Midnight Train to Georgia' by Gladys Knight and the Pips, 'I'll Never Fall in Love' by Bobby Gentry and 'Mama Mia' by Abba (yes, really).

Also, I bought a new laptop yesterday. One evening's use and it's still going strong!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 22 May 2012, 8:56 am

Very clever billy
clap

Happy Birthday Linebreaker.
cake

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Tue 22 May 2012, 8:58 am

Good luck with the job interview, Mickado - buena suerte!

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 22 May 2012, 9:02 am

Thought myself My Friend of Misery by metallica yesterday lucky,

Oh and of course picked up Seven Nation Army as well.
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 22 May 2012, 9:05 am

She bangs the drum by the Stone Roses is a must Hughie. And Superstition by Stevie Wonder.

Thanks Puma see you this time next year! Smile

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 22 May 2012, 9:18 am

'Superstition' is a good call, Mick. Paul McCartney's basslines are usually great, too. 'Something', 'Taxman', 'Old Brown Shoe', there are plenty. Brian Wilson wrote a good bassline, too.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 22 May 2012, 9:22 am

Oh, and penblwydd hapus, Breaker! <shrimpsonthebarbie>

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next