The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham

+28
Portnoy
Dave.
Thomond
perthshirepuma
Glas a du
Cari
Rory_Gallagher
Ozzy3213
Biltong
Irish Londoner
littleswannygirl
Hound_of_Harrow
PJHolybloke
MrsP
prop_lyd
WillyGilly
Rava
PenfroPete
Suspicious lurker
Mickado
Luckless Pedestrian
Notch
red_stag
Gibson
rodders
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
eirebilly
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
32 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham - Page 11 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 16 May 2012, 1:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chin chin and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has arrived in London this week for the Heineken Cup final so has stocked up on cucumber sandwiches ( vomit - KRD ) and Pimms.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Ruan Pienaar, Stephen Ferris, Jonathon Sexton, Rob Kearney and Jonny Wilkinson (the five nominees for the ERC Player of the Year award), Nigel Owens the HEC final referee or Adam Powell (captain of Llanelli RFC who are playing Ponty in the Welsh club final on Friday). The CCTV snaps of Prop_Lyd and the other Cardiff Saracens players on tour in Croatia are fair game though.

Ale coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t28922p950-barrel-s-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-restaurant-luderitz#1218292

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Fri 25 May 2012, 7:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 21 May 2012, 1:39 pm

PM for Rava (hmmm, we need a fingers crossed emoticon)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham

Post by Rava Mon 21 May 2012, 1:43 pm

Returned PM's to Dreamer Very Happy and Kiwi Crying or Very sad
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 21 May 2012, 1:45 pm

Rava wrote:Returned PM's to Dreamer Very Happy and Kiwi Crying or Very sad

Doh

Blast the work cafe for having nice food today - otherwise I'd have been eating sarnies at my desk and seen Rava's post earlier.

I guess I should have created Fingers Crossed a while ago.

(PS, anyone else with spares, please shout Very Happy)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 21 May 2012, 1:46 pm

Regs, seeing as the ERC Final is on in Dublin next year I (assisted by Mickado) will be putting together the arragements for it after Penfro, Asbo etc did super jobs for the last two.

I know a certain amount of flat sharing between Gibbos and Mickados will take place but do people want to me to sort out accommodation. If I approach a hotel now trying to get 15 twin rooms for example we could get good rates. It all comes down into the amount of people attending and the length of time people are staying.

So yea if your coming over next year let me know and we'll get the ball moving.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 21 May 2012, 1:49 pm

red_stag wrote:Regs, seeing as the ERC Final is on in Dublin next year I (assisted by Mickado) will be putting together the arragements for it after Penfro, Asbo etc did super jobs for the last two.

I know a certain amount of flat sharing between Gibbos and Mickados will take place but do people want to me to sort out accommodation. If I approach a hotel now trying to get 15 twin rooms for example we could get good rates. It all comes down into the amount of people attending and the length of time people are staying.

So yea if your coming over next year let me know and we'll get the ball moving.

Count me in.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 21 May 2012, 1:57 pm

Congrats to all Leinster regs and commiserations to Ulster ones!! Had a fantastic time in tour, Croatia is beautiful and dirt dirt cheap, only 10 of us went so only had to spend money on food and 2 beers all tour!!

Money-wise I should hopefully come along next year!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 21 May 2012, 2:05 pm

Any of the Ulster regs going to the homecoming in Stormont this evening?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 21 May 2012, 2:16 pm

Guys, I just checked and there is one (I repeat 1) ticket left on Ticketmaster for next years HC Final.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 21 May 2012, 2:17 pm

PM for Stag.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 21 May 2012, 2:20 pm

Pm for Kiwi Very Happy Yahoo
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 21 May 2012, 2:28 pm

PM for Hound.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 21 May 2012, 2:34 pm

Pound of Mince for Mickado.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 21 May 2012, 2:35 pm

Apparently Rob Kearney is the European player of the year. Well done Bob!

clap

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 21 May 2012, 2:39 pm

Mickado wrote:Apparently Rob Kearney is the European player of the year. Well done Bob!

clap

Pleased for Kearney. Could have been Sexton though. Great to see Kearney playing so well again. His first high ball take was directly below us on Saturday. Fantastic jump, text book!
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 21 May 2012, 2:40 pm

Mickado wrote:Any of the Ulster regs going to the homecoming in Stormont this evening?

I didn;t know there was one. Will be too busy sadly!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 21 May 2012, 2:42 pm

Right, all eight tickets that I got my hands on are now spoken for.

Asbo
Gibbo
Stag
Hoog
Kiwi
Dreamer
Rava
Rava's Son-in-law (Nearly blydi forgot about him)

Six different teams represented already Very Happy (assuming Hoog hasn't changed - it's hard to keep up with him Whistle )
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 21 May 2012, 2:43 pm

Sensational Rav. He came out of nowhere, when the ball went up someone in the pub started shouting “where’s Rob? Where’s ROB?!??”, he was so far out of shot but there was always the expectation that he was on his way. Sexton has had a cracking season too, pipped ROG to the top scorer by 1 point. first time anyone has won it twice in a row

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Mon 21 May 2012, 2:44 pm

Mickado wrote:Apparently Rob Kearney is the European player of the year. Well done Bob!

clap

No better man!!!
He's been in the form of his life, an utterly mesmeric player. I had hoped he would have an off day on saturday but the very first touch of the ball told me all I needed to know. The chilli was hot, hot, hot. Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 21 May 2012, 3:02 pm

Rava wrote:I have tickets purchased for next years final. Four available on a first come basis. PM me if you want one.

Errm Rav darlin, am I in the Aulfella Dublin HC Tour allocation?

Good aaaaaft Pub!

In Ealing and chilling after a mad and wonderful weekend with people who mean the World to me. A drop of rugby thrown in and my team won. Ulster fans were magnificent to a fault. Before and after the game. Class. Their legendary status is growing strong on the back of it. They will use the hurt and assault the HC Summit again next year armed with it. Thats how it always happens.

I treasure my Rev RAF Kinloss shirt. Shame he washed it... the Hunk! Really chuffed. UMMM, gave me a Connacht wooley cap and some excellent match programs. The Toulouse one being special.

Between Rav giving me a brilliant Irish Rock History book (reading it now) and The Chef and Asbo (THE Man Of The Weekend - again) plying us with vintage armagnac and lovely food... Penfrooo minding me and my nephew. I just... Sad

It was like a Family Christmas in May.

Ye lot are my family and I love ye all. kiss

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 21 May 2012, 3:08 pm

I expect to see some photos up on the FB page lads. Forgot Ummm, was there.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 21 May 2012, 3:21 pm

Mick, where are you and T sitting for next year's final?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 21 May 2012, 3:22 pm

More important Rav. Where are we sitting?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 21 May 2012, 3:23 pm

Rava wrote:Right, all eight tickets that I got my hands on are now spoken for.

Asbo
Gibbo
Stag
Hoog
Kiwi
Dreamer
Rava
Rava's Son-in-law (Nearly blydi forgot about him)

Six different teams represented already Very Happy (assuming Hoog hasn't changed - it's hard to keep up with him Whistle )

Excellent my man. Just excellent. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 21 May 2012, 3:25 pm

A question for Asbo if he is lurking. Why does he (and others) think that anotherworldofpain bloke is Grey Ghost.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 21 May 2012, 3:30 pm

I'm in 520 (upper west stand), it's in the corner but we're in the front row. OK

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 21 May 2012, 3:39 pm

Alright folks

My mam has a spare ticket for next year.

What a weekend, I drank myself into the ground, as was to be expected in fairness but its easily done when your surrounded by good people.

Gibbo, fancy a pint???
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 21 May 2012, 3:45 pm

Block 514 Row J Seats 17 - 24. Around the same place we watched the Semi-final Mick. Good seats.

Right I have posted a few photos on the FB page.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 May 2012, 3:49 pm

Some crowd gathering for next year already then. Tidy.

This weather makes me fancy a pint. Got to walk to the pub to get my car now, so will be pretty tempted for a pint in the beer garden.

Pleasure on the shirt Gibbo. You deserve all that you got off everyone. Top man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 21 May 2012, 3:50 pm

I'll put some pics up tonight.

In case anyone missed it, I've just had to delete a swingers site ad post from MrsP's concussion thread. Sorry Gibbo.
Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 21 May 2012, 3:53 pm

Mickado wrote:I expect to see some photos up on the FB page lads. Forgot Ummm, was there.

I second this! Smile

Stag, go ahead and make plans for next year's final. I'm determined to make this one - I'm saving up for a new car, but maybe I'll see if I can get an aeroplane instead.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 21 May 2012, 3:53 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:I'll put some pics up tonight.

In case anyone missed it, I've just had to delete a swingers site ad post from MrsP's concussion thread. Sorry Gibbo.
Wink

Laugh Laugh
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 21 May 2012, 3:55 pm

Shocked

Was that that rascal Grey?????

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 21 May 2012, 3:59 pm

OK so for next year we already have:

Asbo
Gibbo
Stag
Hoog
Kiwi
Dreamer
Rava + 1
Mickado
MickyT
Luckless
Hound + 1

13 already not a bad start.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by poissonrouge Mon 21 May 2012, 3:59 pm

SO thats what the wife is up to on the computer!!!
Rolling Eyes
poissonrouge
poissonrouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 21 May 2012, 4:04 pm

Hoog wrote:Alright folks

My mam has a spare ticket for next year.

What a weekend, I drank myself into the ground, as was to be expected in fairness but its easily done when your surrounded by good people.

Gibbo, fancy a pint???

More pints! I'll be up upferrit and madferrit in the week, Hoog. I'll give ya a bell. OK

Really bonded with yer older bro and J on this Tour. Just cool people. zen

Im meeting them for pints, when they come to the Dam soon. Please sms me Eoin's number. Tanks.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 21 May 2012, 4:05 pm

red_stag wrote:OK so for next year we already have:

Asbo
Gibbo
Stag
Hoog
Kiwi
Dreamer
Rava + 1
Mickado
MickyT
Luckless
Hound + 1

13 already not a bad start.

I'm going to go. It's just that right now I don't have any money. So I'm hoping I get a job when I finish my Masters and at that point there are still tickets available. Think I will look to see if I can get some bar work in the summer term as well. I asked Rava to keep one of his tickets for me, but then I felt guilty because its not right to ask someone to hold a ticket if he doesn't know when he's getting paid for it and there are lots of others who will take it. So I'm just gonna have to see nearer the time whether I can get a ticket sorted.

BUT I am definitely going to go to the Amlin final- probably no Irish side so should be easier to get for- and spend that weekend in Dublin.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 21 May 2012, 4:08 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:I'll put some pics up tonight.

Wink

Laugh

MrsP's Concussion Thread. That's the best name for a Swinger's Site, Ive ever heard... Not that I've ever... well... ya know. Im Kafflic FFS!

P.S. Dont mention the soup. OK

Last edited by Gibson on Mon 21 May 2012, 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 21 May 2012, 4:08 pm

Notch, with my tour operators hat on I can say that usually in proper sized stadiums there are always tickets available on the day or in the few days building up to it. ALWAYS. Doesnt matter is the the RWC Final, the Lions 3rd Test, the ERC Final.

Not sure whether it will be same because Lansdowne is only 50k instead of 80k. But I think you'll find tickets become available. They always do.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 21 May 2012, 4:15 pm

red_stag wrote:Notch, with my tour operators hat on I can say that usually in proper sized stadiums there are always tickets available on the day or in the few days building up to it. ALWAYS. Doesnt matter is the the RWC Final, the Lions 3rd Test, the ERC Final.

Not sure whether it will be same because Lansdowne is only 50k instead of 80k. But I think you'll find tickets become available. They always do.

I'll make it, don't worry Whistle

If Ulster get back to the final again it will be easier even with more season ticket holders. I don't think we will; next year there will be a new wind blowing through the first XV and we'll be stronger long term for it. I'll find a way to go but.

And hey- you're my inside man thumbsup
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 21 May 2012, 4:16 pm

Gibbo, tonight any use for you?? Tomorrow is sound either, Wednesday is a no go, Thursday is alright as well

I just tried to ring your phone but it went straight to message minder, ill pm you their numbers now

Staggy you cab add my mam dad and Leslie onto that list as well
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 21 May 2012, 4:16 pm

There are always tickets available. You will get them at face value 90% of the time too.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 21 May 2012, 4:17 pm

Sound man Hoog.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 21 May 2012, 4:26 pm

Pm for gibbo
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Mon 21 May 2012, 4:35 pm

STAG - it's 13 + Hound and mates, myself & 'herself' OK
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 21 May 2012, 4:42 pm

My mams spare is gone, add Dingus to that list stag
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 21 May 2012, 4:43 pm

Excellent Penfro. I'll have herself + mates there too. Jeez thats close on 20 already and I know Eirebilly will be there and Mickado has 5-6 mates.

I've held a venue for 65 currently but we can always change that around.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 21 May 2012, 4:46 pm

red_stag wrote:Excellent Penfro. I'll have herself + mates there too. Jeez thats close on 20 already and I know Eirebilly will be there and Mickado has 5-6 mates.

I've held a venue for 65 currently but we can always change that around.

For the record. I have more than 5 or 6 mates Wink but between myself and the lads i generally attend matches with, we have 8 tickets.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 21 May 2012, 4:53 pm

I started an event in the FB Pub so more secure details can be posted in there. We can make sure others who aren't members can be kept in the loop by PM.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 21 May 2012, 4:55 pm

Well done Rava
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 21 May 2012, 5:45 pm

Put me in the 'maybe' column until March next year at least.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next