The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maidana vs Morales & Katsidas vs Guerrero on Sky

+12
AdZacO
azania
BALTIMORA
WelshDevilRob
Imperial Ghosty
Jimmythebullet
Scottrf
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Soldier_Of_Fortune
AlexHuckerby
The Galveston Giant
Valero's Conscience
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Maidana vs Morales & Katsidas vs Guerrero on Sky Empty Maidana vs Morales & Katsidas vs Guerrero on Sky

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 07 Apr 2011, 9:47 am

I see the above fights are live on Sky Sports this weekend.

Not sure if this has already been covered but this is great news.

Rooting for Morales but can honestly only see a stoppage win for Maidana.

Morales may have the superior boxing skills but they are diminished and to go be years off your prime in a heavier division you're not used to and fight the hardest puncher in the division is brave but ill fated IMO.

For the Katsidas vs Guerrero fight i'll be rooting for Katsidas as he always entertains and really needs the win.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Maidana vs Morales & Katsidas vs Guerrero on Sky Empty Re: Maidana vs Morales & Katsidas vs Guerrero on Sky

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 07 Apr 2011, 9:56 am

This is great news, thanks for the heads up. thumbsup
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Maidana vs Morales & Katsidas vs Guerrero on Sky Empty Re: Maidana vs Morales & Katsidas vs Guerrero on Sky

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 08 Apr 2011, 11:08 am

THANKYOU SO MUCH - I had absolutely no idea!!!!! Why has this fight not been more talked about?!?!? I can't believe I hadn't heard, this one should be an absolute cracker!!!!!!!!!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Apr 2011, 11:11 am

To be honest fellas, if you'd watched Ringside last week, it was clearly advertised...or do you not look at the words and just focus on the pretty pictures?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 08 Apr 2011, 12:14 pm

Unfortunately Dave, i haven't got time to do everything at the moment.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 08 Apr 2011, 12:43 pm

Yer am looking forward to Katsidis v Guerrero. Be a good gauge to see how good the ghost is

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 08 Apr 2011, 1:29 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:I see the above fights are live on Sky Sports this weekend.

Not sure if this has already been covered but this is great news.

Rooting for Morales but can honestly only see a stoppage win for Maidana.

Morales may have the superior boxing skills but they are diminished and to go be years off your prime in a heavier division you're not used to and fight the hardest puncher in the division is brave but ill fated IMO.

For the Katsidas vs Guerrero fight i'll be rooting for Katsidas as he always entertains and really needs the win.

When did this get announced? I have not noticed this at all. Doh
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 08 Apr 2011, 1:32 pm

Maybe 3 weeks ago?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 08 Apr 2011, 1:33 pm

Sarcasm on my part not sure about you.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 08 Apr 2011, 1:38 pm

Yeah Whistle

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 08 Apr 2011, 1:44 pm

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articles-frontpage/12356-the-power-bowl-ghost-guerrero-vs-michael-katsidis

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articles-frontpage/12353-saturday-night-is-a-suicide-mission-for-erik-morales

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 08 Apr 2011, 11:00 pm

Morales & Maidana 140lbs
Katsidis & Guerrero 134lbs
Kirkland & Ishida 158lbs Ishida has a lot of height on him.
Cotto & Malignaggi (complete with homosexual magic man outfit) 147lbs.
All made weight first time.

Can't believe they still have $25 tickets still on sale for this.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 1:05 am

Scottrf wrote:Morales & Maidana 140lbs
Katsidis & Guerrero 134lbs
Kirkland & Ishida 158lbs Ishida has a lot of height on him.
Cotto & Malignaggi (complete with homosexual magic man outfit) 147lbs.
All made weight first time.

Can't believe they still have $25 tickets still on sale for this.

That's very heavy for Morales did he look like he carried the extra pounds well? $25 dollars for a cheap seat is great suprised about that.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 09 Apr 2011, 8:10 am

He didn't look soft, but I don't think he looks that healthy. Some pics:
http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-maidana-vs-morales-official-las-vegas-weigh---37923

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmythebullet Sat 09 Apr 2011, 8:59 am

Sorry for going off topic but did anyone see the Lemieux Rubio fight? Has anyone got a link for this fight?

Jimmythebullet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 09 Apr 2011, 9:05 am

Only short highlights so far. For some reason it was on a different channel to normal FNF so I couldn't get it. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6312836

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:25 am

Morales doesn't look well at all to be honest, have a feeling we're going to see a very brutal KO in this one. A far better card overall than anything we have over here and for $25 I would definitely go.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 12:32 pm

Morales doesn't look good. Bit soft round the gut. Maidana looked in great shape but you wouldn't expect anything less. Fear the worst for Erik here.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Sat 09 Apr 2011, 12:37 pm

Morales had the light hitting Willie Limond as his sparring partner which makes no sense when facing a banger like Maidana.

I think Maidana wins in around 9. Morales experience should help him early on though a quick Ko is still a real possibility.

Guerrero vs Katsidis is a great match-up. I've never been sold on 'The ghost',I think Yordan would have beaten him if there fight wasn't an NC.

Katsidis has had a rough year and alot will depend on how much the Marquez fight took out of him physically and mentally.

I'm going for Katsidis in the 7th but with no real conviction.

Kirklands fight is only an 8 round and I think he can wear Ishida down.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 12:43 pm

Never knew he was sparring with Limmond/ Limmond is a lightweight and has no real power in his punches. That's a bad sign Erik probably knows he can't take a good shot anymore.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 09 Apr 2011, 2:33 pm

What the frig does Pwaulie LOOK like?!? Morales looks soft around the middle and not like a legit 140lb-er. Nice to see Cotto (Miguel) there posing with Pwaulie. Probably saying "hey Paulie, you know my bro hits harder than I do, right..?"

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 2:34 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:What the frig does Pwaulie LOOK like?!? Morales looks soft around the middle and not like a legit 140lb-er. Nice to see Cotto (Miguel) there posing with Pwaulie. Probably saying "hey Paulie, you know my bro hits harder than I do, right..?"

Paulie looked like a homosexual super hero.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 09 Apr 2011, 2:40 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:What the frig does Pwaulie LOOK like?!? Morales looks soft around the middle and not like a legit 140lb-er. Nice to see Cotto (Miguel) there posing with Pwaulie. Probably saying "hey Paulie, you know my bro hits harder than I do, right..?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northstar

You're not wrong there...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 3:24 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northstar

You're not wrong there...
laughing
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 09 Apr 2011, 6:57 pm

Limonds been training with Morales since their fight.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 7:07 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Limonds been training with Morales since their fight.

I never knew that. Not much of a test before Maidana a very soft punching lightweight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 10 Apr 2011, 1:55 am

Definitely not Prettyboy, it makes you wonder if Morales fancies his chances, a more suitable training partner should have been brought in. Looks like they've become friends, he's been over for a while and everything was paid for, he said to Morales he would spar for nothing if he could get him on tonight's undercard, he obviously got told to bolt.

Last edited by The Galveston Giant on Sun 10 Apr 2011, 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Apr 2011, 1:58 am

By all accounts Morales is very financially stable and has invested well. I just hope he is not embarassed and after this beating he hangs them up permantely.

Thanks for the memories hombre.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Apr 2011, 2:01 am

Looks like a very decent card.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 2:02 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:Definitely not Prettyboy, it makes you wonder if Morales fancies his chances, a more suitable training partner should have been brought in. Looks like they've become friends, he's been over for a while and everything was paid for, he said to Morales he would spar for nothing if he could get him on tonight's undercard, he obviously got told to bolt.

Quite right as well Limmond in Vegas laughing
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Sun 10 Apr 2011, 2:06 am

chat box not on for it?

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 10 Apr 2011, 2:08 am

This is a great card, tickets starting at 25 dollars, Frank Warren take note, lets get it on, i miss Mills Lane. Sad
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:06 am

What a performace by Nobuhiro Ishida, stunned Kirkland and stopped him in the first round.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:09 am

But he said he was never hurt, and i beleibe they were three serperate flash knockdowns. (loved the boos when he said it)

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:13 am

They weren't having any of it were they.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:16 am

Nope, only lying to himself. Loved the; "heard that a few times in Glasgow before a fight broke out"

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:17 am

AdZacO wrote:Nope, only lying to himself. Loved the; "heard that a few times in Glasgow before a fight broke out"

I'm from Glasgow can verify this as a fact.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:18 am

So am I, hence my love of the comment.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:19 am

Quality, Guerrero looking sharp.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:20 am

WTF, how no knock down

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:20 am

Whats the ref doing
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:22 am

This is a good fight so far poor refereeing a clear knockdown.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:22 am

Did you see the scar tissue round Kats eyes
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:23 am

Scar tissue was a mess thought it was a cut at first
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:24 am

that jab is controlling this fight

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:25 am

Looked like it that's what I thought
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:25 am

setting up the straight so well with it aswell

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:25 am

Guerrero bossed that round for me
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:26 am

yeah he's back to business
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:28 am

He looks very strong at LW as well. Carries the extra pounds well
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next