The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maidana vs Morales & Katsidas vs Guerrero on Sky

+12
AdZacO
azania
BALTIMORA
WelshDevilRob
Imperial Ghosty
Jimmythebullet
Scottrf
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Soldier_Of_Fortune
AlexHuckerby
The Galveston Giant
Valero's Conscience
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Maidana vs Morales & Katsidas vs Guerrero on Sky - Page 4 Empty Maidana vs Morales & Katsidas vs Guerrero on Sky

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 07 Apr 2011, 9:47 am

First topic message reminder :

I see the above fights are live on Sky Sports this weekend.

Not sure if this has already been covered but this is great news.

Rooting for Morales but can honestly only see a stoppage win for Maidana.

Morales may have the superior boxing skills but they are diminished and to go be years off your prime in a heavier division you're not used to and fight the hardest puncher in the division is brave but ill fated IMO.

For the Katsidas vs Guerrero fight i'll be rooting for Katsidas as he always entertains and really needs the win.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Maidana vs Morales & Katsidas vs Guerrero on Sky - Page 4 Empty Re: Maidana vs Morales & Katsidas vs Guerrero on Sky

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 5:29 am

That's sickening I'm off to bed disgusted.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Maidana vs Morales & Katsidas vs Guerrero on Sky - Page 4 Empty Re: Maidana vs Morales & Katsidas vs Guerrero on Sky

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 5:30 am

Scottrf wrote:If draw is fair, surely 2 close Morales rounds swinging to Maidana for aggression make it a 116-112? Not sure if it's terrible, will have to try and rewatch and score.

I had it a point to Morales but wouldn't argue with a point or 2 to Maidana but 4 is poor scoring
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Sun 10 Apr 2011, 5:31 am

Yeah, and the drawing round you had went to Maidana. Anyway off to bed, was good night of boxing.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Sun 10 Apr 2011, 5:32 am

but four is a swing of 2 rounds, not four points. Still dont agree.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 10 Apr 2011, 5:33 am

No way, robbery
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 10 Apr 2011, 5:43 am

Great nights boxing, why can it not be like that every week. Try and get to bed before the sun lights the room up. :sleep:
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 10 Apr 2011, 6:02 am

I thought Maidana did just enough to edge it. Morales probably offered the better work but just didnt have the work rate. An extra 10-15% especially in the last couple of rounds and he might have got it but as it was I scored it 115-113 to Maidana. Im sure most people like me would have liked nothing more than to see El Terrible get the nod but while 116-112 made it look a little generous to Maidana, I think his work rate did enough.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 13 Apr 2011, 10:40 pm

Just scored it a draw. However, 116-112 isn't a bad score. Only the rounds in bold do I think it was easy to pick a winner, and I definately think I'd have given Morales rounds to Maidana quicker than vice versa.

Maidana generally had more ring generalship because he was able to force Morales against the ropes where he didn't have as much success. Morales was by far the best defensively, and did the cleaner work but I don't think he made enough of his openings or was active enough. Probably didn't have it in him, but just let the control drift away once he had gained it a few too many times.

1. Maidana (Activity and left hooks to the body and head)
2. Maidana (Landed the bigger shots and forcing Morales against ropes. Although Morales wobbled Maidana with a straight right so has a case)
3. Maidana (Ring control/uppercuts. Although defensively Morales was far better)
4. Morales (Cleaner work, but Maidana has a case because his punches had more authority)
5. Morales (Number of big shots took control)
6. Maidana (Took it late in the round)
7. Morales (Saw a powerful jab start in this round, bigger cleaner punches. Maidana rallied late, to possibly take it.)
8. Morales (Staggered him with a left hook, sharp jabs and a big uppercut)
9. Morales (More accurate, cleaner shots and better defensive work. Maidana has a lot of pressure early which will give him a lot of cards but missed too many IMO.)
10. Morales (More active. Morales early/Maidana late, take your pick.)
11. Maidana (Clear, big left hook had Morales in trouble and had the most success in this round)
12. Maidana (Slightly closer than the last but I think still Maidana's.)

Maidana won the fight, Morales won the event. Morales summed it up quite honestly "I think he might have won a close fight, but not a clean win". They both seemed to want a rematch, so who knows.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4