The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense

+27
eddyfightfan
Bob
samevans1
Jukebox Timebomb
John Bloody Wayne
BoxingFan88
ArchBritishchris
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Imperial Ghosty
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
oxring
BALTIMORA
Boxtthis
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
kevchadders
bellchees
hitmansam
coxy0001
88Chris05
Eric Da Cat
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
HumanWindmill
D4thincarnation
compelling and rich
Scottrf
manos de piedra
AlexHuckerby
31 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense - Page 5 Empty How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

I was just sitting here at 7 in the morning when I thought how do you actually beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's defense? He has made a big deal at there not being a specific blueprint on how to beat him.

(By the way if this turns into a Manny Floyd debate I am gonna cry)

However he is human right? He has been caught by Sugar Shane, there was the HIS GLOVE TOUCHED DOWN REF! Against Zab Judah, but I was just wondering how you land the shots against Mayweather, because realistically the only ways that have been proven to have a chance against him so far have been outwork him. (Which works well in America considering they do look at aggression as more of a factor, take Hatton Mayweather, by my scorecard Hatton was down massively because of precise work by FMJ, however it was still relatively close because Hatton was aggressive) The other way of how to beat him would be to just have one punch knockout power and stun him if you sneak off a lucky shot.

But apart from these facts, how many guys can you say have had if at all any success at landing clean shots on FMJ regularly, also how do you go about doing this, what kind of style have you got to take, have you got to make him make the first move, what's your guys thoughts?

(Just thought it would be refreshing as this kind of thing doesn't seem to get talked about much on here)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense - Page 5 Empty Re: How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:32 pm

samevans1 wrote:Mayweather has a better defense, he is more accurate, his footwork is better, he is taller, his reach is longer, he has a greater variety of punches etc...

His missus will testify to that.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense - Page 5 Empty Re: How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense

Post by samevans1 Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:33 pm

What are you on about?

They fight at the same weight and have done for their last several fights. That is a spurious point; even for you.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:
samevans1 wrote:Mayweather has a better defense, he is more accurate, his footwork is better, he is taller, his reach is longer, he has a greater variety of punches etc...

I wonder if his defense will hold up. Whistle

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:35 pm

samevans1 wrote:What are you on about?

They fight at the same weight and have done for their last several fights. That is a spurious point; even for you.

Mayweather now weighs around 157lbs on fight night and Pacquiao is around 148lbs.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:35 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:

If you were the presiding judge he'd be hung, drawn and quartered.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:37 pm

samevans1 wrote:What are you on about?

Duran fought at the same weight as Hagler, did that make him the same size?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:38 pm

Totally irrelevant D4.

Both weigh in as Welters. Pacquiao's problem if he can'e rehydrate to the same degree.

If he doesn't like it, he can fook of down to junior-welterweight of lightweight. But then, you would say he is killing his body to make weight and his opponents have an advantage.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Yeah he's filled out to the weight nicely. Naturally, even.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Because what you are essentially doing is; you are attempting to come up with a ready made excuse should Mayweather ever fight and beat Pacquiao.

"He is a bigger boy, he had to give him his lunch money."

It simply won't wash. If you are a Welterweight, you are a Welterweight. If you aren't, you should sod off to a lighter division. Simple.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:41 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:

If you were the presiding judge he'd be hung, drawn and quartered.

If found guilty of all charges he could face 34 year in jail, seems harsh for what he is alleged to have done, but I do think the alleged offences should carry jail time.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Out of interest, does anybody have the ' tale of the tape ' statistics for each fighter ?

Ankle, wrist, etc., are usually pretty good indicators as to who is the bigger man, and by how much. I've been trying to find the statistics for Floyd and Sugar Ray Leonard, which would be relevant to a discussion I was having with Jukebox yesterday. Couldn't find Floyd's.

Anybody have them ?

Last edited by HumanWindmill on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Scott, Hagler was a big Middlweight and a career Middlewight at that.

Mayweather is slightly taller than Pacquiao and has a slightly longer reach. Pacquiao has fought as high as light-middle in his recent fights; if he can't hold the weight, that's not his opponent's problem.

Sorry, it simply won't wash.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:41 pm

samevans1 wrote:Totally irrelevant D4.

Both weigh in as Welters. Pacquiao's problem if he can'e rehydrate to the same degree.

If he doesn't like it, he can fook of down to junior-welterweight of lightweight. But then, you would say he is killing his body to make weight and his opponents have an advantage.

That's about the size of it, yes. In fact, seeing as Pacquiao fought at LMW in his last fight, and Mayweather hasn't fought at that in a few years, then Pacquiao MUST be the bigger man, right?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:44 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Out of interest, does anybody have the ' tale of the tape ' statistics for each fighter ?

Ankle, wrist, etc., are usually pretty good indicators as to who is the bigger man, and by how much. I've been trying to find the statistics for Floyd and Sugar Ray Leonard, which would be relevant to a discussion I was having with Jukebox yesterday. Couldn't find Floyd's.

Anybody have them ?

I probably have done it a few times

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Not going to serve 34 years....

People with money don't serve that kind of time..Anyhow the defendant's counsel help pick the jurors in some States...no doubt they'll be plenty of black males out of the 12..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:49 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:Out of interest, does anybody have the ' tale of the tape ' statistics for each fighter ?

Anybody have them ?

I probably have done it a few times

You've done EVERYTHING a few times.

Seriously, though, do you have a link, please ? I'd be very interested.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not going to serve 34 years....

People with money don't serve that kind of time..Anyhow the defendant's counsel help pick the jurors in some States...no doubt they'll be plenty of black males out of the 12..

Sad but true. He's entitled to his fair trial, but if his defence is even remotely canny he won't do anything close to 34 years. That's a number his critics like to gloat over.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Anybody have them ?

Tale of the tape:

Neck: Mayweather 16 1/2" Pacquiao 16" - FMJ

Chest (Normal): Mayweather 38 1/2" Pacquiao 38" - FMJ

Chest (Expanded): Mayweather 39 1/2 Pacquiao 40 1/2 - MP

Biceps: Mayweather 12 1/2" Pacquiao 13" -MP

Forearms: JMayweather 11" Pacquiao 12" -MP

Wrists: Mayweather 7" Pacquiao 8" - MP

Fist: Mayweather 8" Pacquiao 10" - MP

Waist: Mayweather 31" Pacquiao 28" - FMJ

Thigh: Mayweather 22" Pacquiao 20" - FMJ

Calves: Mayweather 15" Pacquiao 15" - EVEN

Which completely and utterly rubbishes D4 claims AGAIN. Because i make that 4 for FMJ and 5 for Manny

SHOWN UP YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:57 pm

coxy0001 wrote:

Anybody have them ?

Tale of the tape:

Which completely and utterly rubbishes D4 claims AGAIN. Because i make that 4 for FMJ and 5 for Manny

Thanks very much for taking the trouble, coxy. I appreciate it, mate.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Windy

Anytime when it comes to making D4 look retarded

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Ah, but coxy you missed off the one measurement that D4's really interested in.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:00 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Ah, but coxy you missed off the one measurement that D4's really interested in.

I reckon D4 already knows that one............................

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:00 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Ah, but coxy you missed off the one measurement that D4's really interested in.

I reckon D4 already knows that one............................

Normal or...expanded?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Both.

But the point is, he has been proved wrong. And now, you won't see him on this thread again.

Then in a few weeks when he thinks people have forgotten, he will start it up all over again...

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:09 pm

normal or expanded..

not sure d4 has the "tackle" to answer that question...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:12 pm

Manny fought at 150 and didn't rehydrate past 148. Mayweather is thought to rehydrate close to 160 and was comfortable at 154. It's no excuse if you are arguing who the better Welter is. However, on fight night weights Pac shouldn't be fighting past LWW and could probably make LW.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:13 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

Anybody have them ?

Tale of the tape:

Thanks very much for taking the trouble, coxy. I appreciate it, mate.

Those measurements of Floyd date back to the Oscar fight, he is bigger now than then. I wonder why he refuses now to get on the ring scales?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:15 pm

If pacuqio chooses to fight at Welter, that is his problem. No-one else's. D4 is trying to set it up as an excuse for if Pacquiao ever loses.

Simply, people can see through it. If you are a Welterweight, fight at Welterweight. If not, move down the scale. Not other fighters' problem if you are smaller than them but they can make the weight limit; it's yours.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:16 pm

His BONES wouldn't be bigger, would they ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:16 pm

Stands to reason he'll be bigger now, now that he's moved back down to welterweight. How about posting some accurate up-to-date stats then instead of trying to discredit someone using mere speculation?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:16 pm

No D4

That was the tale of the tape against Mosley.

Stop MAKING STUFF UP!!!!!!!!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:17 pm

Why do you argue with this guy???

At best he's deluded... at worst he's just a wind up merchant..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:19 pm

samevans1 wrote:If pacuqio chooses to fight at Welter, that is his problem. No-one else's. D4 is trying to set it up as an excuse for if Pacquiao ever loses.

Simply, people can see through it. If you are a Welterweight, fight at Welterweight. If not, move down the scale. Not other fighters' problem if you are smaller than them but they can make the weight limit; it's yours.

No the point I'm making is that Floyd is the bigger man by about 10lbs, coxy may think that size does not matter but it does and it is one advantage that Floyd has over Pacquiao.

But Pacquiao has many more advantages of Floyd and will beat him even with this significant size advantage.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:21 pm

coxy0001 wrote:No D4

That was the tale of the tape against Mosley.

Stop MAKING STUFF UP!!!!!!!!

http://content4.clipmarks.com/blog_cache/www.hbo.com/img/84D66834-9302-4693-9BF3-671C4A7FED3D

They are using the same stats, since Floyd comeback he seems to developed a phobia about being measured.

Everyone can clearly see Floyd is much bigger now than when he fought Hatton.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:21 pm

Again, D4, have his BONES become bigger ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:22 pm

D4

We've just proven Manny is actually bigger. How has he got a significant size advantage WHEN WE'VE JUST PROVEN YOU WRONG.

MODERATORS/ADMINS

I've had enough of this. His blatant bulls**t and refusal to debate properly is now beyond tedious. When this idiot turns up the forum goes down the drain.

Put a leash on him.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:22 pm

Yes but you don't want him to fight him do you..

You want him to get sent down for something you know basically nothing about kid..

That's how "Confident" you are...

Cheers now!!! keep wumming.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:23 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Again, D4, have his BONES become bigger ?

You mean like Pacquiao's head?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:24 pm

Bone can reshape and become bigger they adjust to your size.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:24 pm

coxy0001 wrote:D4

We've just proven Manny is actually bigger. How has he got a significant size advantage WHEN WE'VE JUST PROVEN YOU WRONG.

MODERATORS/ADMINS

I've had enough of this. His blatant bulls**t and refusal to debate properly is now beyond tedious. When this idiot turns up the forum goes down the drain.

Put a leash on him.

D4, coxy's stats are from the MOSLEY fight. Let's accept that and move on, shall we ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:25 pm

MODERATORS/ADMINS

Put a leash on him.

In the terms of weight coxy, where it matters.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:26 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

MODERATORS/ADMINS

Put a leash on him.

That's NOT where it matters.

The ability to put on usable weight is in direct correlation to size of frame, amongst other things.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Both fighters are WELTERWEIGHTS.

Mayweather is not big for the weight. He is average sized for a Welter; at best.

Pacquiao has fought as high as light-middle. If he decides to do so, that is his problem. He is a Welterweight title holder. That is his weight division. If he is too small for that weight, he should say so and sod off down the scale; instead of making other fighters weigh in lighter.

It is not his disadvantage; it is an advantage, because he makes other fighters weight in lighter than their best weights. If he is a 147 pound fighter, he should fight at 147. End of story.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:27 pm

What does weight matter.....Doesn't mean anything...

Go into any gym and a guy who weighs 14 stone can look both bigger and be much stronger than a 16 stoner...

You only have to look at any heavyweight fight to se a guy a stone lighter out muscling someone bigger...

It means nothing...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:27 pm

Below his waist FMJ is bigger. Upper body Manny is bigger.

Manny holds a 5-4 advantage over Floyd.

END OF THE DEBATE AS YOU'VE BEEN SHOWN UP AGAIN

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:28 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

Bone can reshape and become bigger they adjust to your size.

Oh dear god, I'm not even going to start explaining what is wrong with this post...

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:30 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Below his waist FMJ is bigger.

You're talking about thigh size and calf size right?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:30 pm

in fairness Sam in Carpenters movie The thing...

The monster used to re-assimilate to mimic his victim and hence his bone structure did expand...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:30 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

MODERATORS/ADMINS

Put a leash on him.

The ability to put on usable weight is in direct correlation to size of frame, amongst other things.

Both Pacquiao and Mayweather carry no extra weight though and Mayweather outweighs him.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:32 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

MODERATORS/ADMINS

Put a leash on him.

Both Pacquiao and Mayweather carry no extra weight though and Mayweather outweighs him.

That wasn't the point, and you know it.

Back on topic.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next