The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense

+27
eddyfightfan
Bob
samevans1
Jukebox Timebomb
John Bloody Wayne
BoxingFan88
ArchBritishchris
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Imperial Ghosty
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
oxring
BALTIMORA
Boxtthis
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
kevchadders
bellchees
hitmansam
coxy0001
88Chris05
Eric Da Cat
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
HumanWindmill
D4thincarnation
compelling and rich
Scottrf
manos de piedra
AlexHuckerby
31 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense - Page 6 Empty How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Apr - 7:07

First topic message reminder :

I was just sitting here at 7 in the morning when I thought how do you actually beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's defense? He has made a big deal at there not being a specific blueprint on how to beat him.

(By the way if this turns into a Manny Floyd debate I am gonna cry)

However he is human right? He has been caught by Sugar Shane, there was the HIS GLOVE TOUCHED DOWN REF! Against Zab Judah, but I was just wondering how you land the shots against Mayweather, because realistically the only ways that have been proven to have a chance against him so far have been outwork him. (Which works well in America considering they do look at aggression as more of a factor, take Hatton Mayweather, by my scorecard Hatton was down massively because of precise work by FMJ, however it was still relatively close because Hatton was aggressive) The other way of how to beat him would be to just have one punch knockout power and stun him if you sneak off a lucky shot.

But apart from these facts, how many guys can you say have had if at all any success at landing clean shots on FMJ regularly, also how do you go about doing this, what kind of style have you got to take, have you got to make him make the first move, what's your guys thoughts?

(Just thought it would be refreshing as this kind of thing doesn't seem to get talked about much on here)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense - Page 6 Empty Re: How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 14 Apr - 12:32

coxy0001 wrote:Below his waist FMJ is bigger. Upper body Manny is bigger.

Manny holds a 5-4 advantage over Floyd.

END OF THE DEBATE AS YOU'VE BEEN SHOWN UP AGAIN

We will agree to disagree, it plain to me and most people with 20/20 vision that Mayweather is the bigger boxer.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense - Page 6 Empty Re: How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense

Post by samevans1 Thu 14 Apr - 12:32

So can the T-1000, he can reshape to the body he is in.

Maybe Pacquiao is made of the same stuff?

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 14 Apr - 12:32

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:Again, D4, have his BONES become bigger ?

Bone can reshape and become bigger they adjust to your size.

Not unless he's got Rickets or Pagets. Or an isolated osteosarcoma.

I can't be bothered to post the physiology behind it, as its all a bit dull and involves osteoclasts and osteoblasts and their interactions - but surfice to say - unless Floyd has picked up a rather debilitating and unpleasant disease - his bones haven't grown by the levels you require.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 14 Apr - 12:33

Back on topic.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Thu 14 Apr - 12:33

There is no agree to disagree; you are totally wrong. Everyone else agrees upon that.

You lost all credibility, if you had any; with the 'bone' post....

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Apr - 12:33

Wonder what "Are you Sarah Conner" and "I'll be back" is in Filipino...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 14 Apr - 12:35

coxy0001 wrote:Below his waist FMJ is bigger. Upper body Manny is bigger.

Manny holds a 5-4 advantage over Floyd.

END OF THE DEBATE AS YOU'VE BEEN SHOWN UP AGAIN

I think you've hit upon the root of D4's issues here coxy, namely that Mayweather is bigger below the waist. Ahem.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 14 Apr - 12:38

So waist is given the same weight as wrist size and 5-4 means Pacquiao is bigger? Come on, that's idiotic reasoning, waist size will obviously have more of an impact on your overall weight than wrists. But, no in this case because Mayweather weights more we use a mix of other stats to try and prove otherwise? Pacquiao had free reign to come in much heavier against Margarito and only weighed in 148 on the night, Mayweather is far bigger than that.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Thu 14 Apr - 12:39

Sorry, he has lost this one.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Apr - 12:42

Maybe the right steroids can increase bone structure

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 14 Apr - 12:43

Okay, guys.

Back on topic before this one goes down the tubes.

PLEASE.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 14 Apr - 12:44

It makes me laugh, in the last two day I made two statements that people have jump all on to prove me wrong. 1) Mosley is a big puncher, 2) Mayweather is bigger than Pacquiao, most boxing fans in the world take this as a given, no bone of contention there, but here, saying those things are sacrilege.

Come on guys is not exactly controversial stuff.

Now back to the topic, I beileve to beat a fighter you have to have advantages of that fighter, and make your advantages count more then theres.

With Pacquiao holding so many more advantages over Mayweather it difficult to see how Floyd can win.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Thu 14 Apr - 12:45

It already has Windy; and look at who caused it and why it happened.

Most of us have been saying this for months...

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Apr - 12:45

Oh just shut up...

Marquez anybody...just shut up.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Thu 14 Apr - 12:46

Them bones, them bones, them thigh bones...

The bones, them bones, that grow after you are fully grown?!?!

Doh

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sat 16 Apr - 13:29

1-right hook from southpaw
2-high quantity of punches
3-straight right to the body,left hook,straight right to the head

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 16 Apr - 13:36

D4thincarnation wrote:It makes me laugh, in the last two day I made two statements that people have jump all on to prove me wrong. 1) Mosley is a big puncher, 2) Mayweather is bigger than Pacquiao, most boxing fans in the world take this as a given, no bone of contention there, but here, saying those things are sacrilege.

Come on guys is not exactly controversial stuff.

Now back to the topic, I beileve to beat a fighter you have to have advantages of that fighter, and make your advantages count more then theres.

With Pacquiao holding so many more advantages over Mayweather it difficult to see how Floyd can win.

What advantages does Manny have over Floyd?
Defencively he is weaker Manny isn't hard to hit
Can't counter punch like FMJ
Manny isn't a big hitter he's an accumulative puncher
He's not adatable like FMJ he fights one way
He is a southpaw bu FMJ has fought a few of them now and copes better than he did at first
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6