The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense

+27
eddyfightfan
Bob
samevans1
Jukebox Timebomb
John Bloody Wayne
BoxingFan88
ArchBritishchris
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Imperial Ghosty
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
oxring
BALTIMORA
Boxtthis
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
kevchadders
bellchees
hitmansam
coxy0001
88Chris05
Eric Da Cat
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
HumanWindmill
D4thincarnation
compelling and rich
Scottrf
manos de piedra
AlexHuckerby
31 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense - Page 2 Empty How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Apr 2011, 7:07 am

First topic message reminder :

I was just sitting here at 7 in the morning when I thought how do you actually beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's defense? He has made a big deal at there not being a specific blueprint on how to beat him.

(By the way if this turns into a Manny Floyd debate I am gonna cry)

However he is human right? He has been caught by Sugar Shane, there was the HIS GLOVE TOUCHED DOWN REF! Against Zab Judah, but I was just wondering how you land the shots against Mayweather, because realistically the only ways that have been proven to have a chance against him so far have been outwork him. (Which works well in America considering they do look at aggression as more of a factor, take Hatton Mayweather, by my scorecard Hatton was down massively because of precise work by FMJ, however it was still relatively close because Hatton was aggressive) The other way of how to beat him would be to just have one punch knockout power and stun him if you sneak off a lucky shot.

But apart from these facts, how many guys can you say have had if at all any success at landing clean shots on FMJ regularly, also how do you go about doing this, what kind of style have you got to take, have you got to make him make the first move, what's your guys thoughts?

(Just thought it would be refreshing as this kind of thing doesn't seem to get talked about much on here)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense - Page 2 Empty Re: How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 1:52 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Martinez has openly said he would love to go down to LMW to fight Mayweather, I'm confident he has fought there a lot before (Correct me if I'm wrong) so I don't think that would be an issue.

Martinez hasn't fought at LMW for 5 years and is now 36 that's why I don't think we would see the best Martinez at LMW. Of course he would come down to fight FMJ the money is better than he would make fighting anyone else. FMJ said he won't fight at MW but if their was enough money in it for him he would, but Martinez can't bring the sort of money to the table that would get him to. No one at MW can.

Wrong he fought Cintron at LMW in 2009 and his last fight against Williams was at a catchweight of 158lbs

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense - Page 2 Empty Re: How To Beat Floyd Mayweather Junior's Defense

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 1:53 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:A great jab, such as Khan's would trouble Mayweather, he would find it difficult to counter, and could rack up the points forced Mayweather to become more offensive and leave himself more open.

Khan? come on D4 I know you hate the guy but do me a favour. When has Khan proved he is at that level?

Khan has fought a better level of opposition at light-welter than Mayweather has.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 1:56 pm

bellchees wrote:

No way does Floyd show concern for someone choking in the ring. I'd like to see someone try that though and just get levelled by a right hand. In all seriousness though I think Manny is the only one with the speed, accuracy and power to trouble Floyd at the moment (I discount Martinez because he is a Middleweight and shouldn't be involved with any conversation about possible opponents for Floyd and Manny). However Manny doesn't have a great defence and will be open to a straight right hand as fast as Floyd's which is what would make it such an interesting fight. It's easy to forget that Mayweather does have a very good offence to go with that ridiculous defence and so it will take a very well rounded fighter to beat him. Getting through and landing on Mayweather might not be enough because he will be hitting you back with phenomenal accuracy.

Think the problem with Manny is he isn't a concussive puncher he lands a lot of punches in bunches. An accumulative puncher and where as he caught Cotto and Margarito with most of these in his last 2 fight against FMJ most will miss and he will probably get tagged. But I do agree that if anyone can beat him it would be Pac but don't see it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 1:57 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Martinez has openly said he would love to go down to LMW to fight Mayweather, I'm confident he has fought there a lot before (Correct me if I'm wrong) so I don't think that would be an issue.

Martinez hasn't fought at LMW for 5 years and is now 36 that's why I don't think we would see the best Martinez at LMW. Of course he would come down to fight FMJ the money is better than he would make fighting anyone else. FMJ said he won't fight at MW but if their was enough money in it for him he would, but Martinez can't bring the sort of money to the table that would get him to. No one at MW can.

Wrong he fought Cintron at LMW in 2009 and his last fight against Williams was at a catchweight of 158lbs

A catchweight isn't LMW though is it?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Tue 12 Apr 2011, 1:59 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:A great jab, such as Khan's would trouble Mayweather, he would find it difficult to counter, and could rack up the points forced Mayweather to become more offensive and leave himself more open.

Khan? come on D4 I know you hate the guy but do me a favour. When has Khan proved he is at that level?

As much as Khan isn't on his level right now if he can win against Bradley it another step towards that level, but more importantly Khan does already posses the physical attributes required (height/reach) and dare I say Khan IMO is slightly faster, so he could end up being a potential nightmare for Mayweather...

If Khan can keep improving in a few years time I think he would be ready to have a go at Floyd. Just don't think Mayweather will be around that long.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:00 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:

Khan has fought a better level of opposition at light-welter than Mayweather has.

Who Kotelnik and Maidana? You saying they are better tha Gatti and Corley? FMJ only fought 3 times a LWW and still doesn't mean Khan would beat him. Khan would be doing well to get past Judah and Bradley.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:02 pm

kevchadders wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:

As much as Khan isn't on his level right now if he can win against Bradley it another step towards that level, but more importantly Khan does already posses the physical attributes required (height/reach) and dare I say Khan IMO is slightly faster, so he could end up being a potential nightmare for Mayweather...

If Khan can keep improving in a few years time I think he would be ready to have a go at Floyd. Just don't think Mayweather will be around that long.

That's the problem FMJ is 34 and we will be lucky to see him fight 3 more times. Don't think he will go on past 2012.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:04 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:

And 2009 is not 5 years ago. Martinez could still make 154lbs.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:05 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:

Khan is not close to that level and I think Mayweather being more aggressive against Khan would lead to Khan being knocked out pretty quickly. Mayweather has decent power and will land with his right hand every time he throws it. I agree that Khan has some of the things that will trouble Mayweather like his speed, good range of punches, decent power and decent accuracy but his defence not nearly good enough to beat someone of Mayweather's calibre just yet.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:08 pm

bellchees wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:

Khan is not close to that level and I think Mayweather being more aggressive against Khan would lead to Khan being knocked out pretty quickly. Mayweather has decent power and will land with his right hand every time he throws it. I agree that Khan has some of the things that will trouble Mayweather like his speed, good range of punches, decent power and decent accuracy but his defence not nearly good enough to beat someone of Mayweather's calibre just yet.

The only person Mayweather has stopped in the last 5 years was Hatton who was using his face to block the punches. And this only came after ten round and needed the help of the turnbuckle.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:08 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:

And 2009 is not 5 years ago. Martinez could still make 154lbs.

OK I was wrong he could make LMW don't think we would see the same Martinez he's 36 now. Still wouldn't beat FMJ though so pointless arguement. Has more of a chance than Khan would which was a terrible example.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:12 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
bellchees wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:

The only person Mayweather has stopped in the last 5 years was Hatton who was using his face to block the punches. And this only came after ten round and needed the help of the turnbuckle.

What has that got to do with Khan?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:14 pm

Mayweather is feather fisted. If Khan is taking Maidana's punches he doesn't have to worry about Mayweather's.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:21 pm

D4 you are a complete mental case.

You use the fact that Khan took Maidana's punches so would beat Mayweather!?

Were you stayin at your apartment on the moon at the weekend when a completely shot Morales made Maidana look worse than what Khan made him look.

If Khan is getting a terrible beating from Maidana in the 10th round of their fight, Im sorry but Mayweather makes both of them look like silly schoolboys, all on the same night
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:21 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

Mayweather is feather fisted. If Khan is taking Maidana's punches he doesn't have to worry about Mayweather's.

Not feathered fisted at all. Have you ever watched an FMJ fight apart from the first part of the Judah fight on youtube? If he was feathered fisted he would be easier to beat which is clearly not the case. Mayweather is happy to take it easy and outbox fighters rather than go looking for a stoppage. Khan isn't at elite level yet, and if he does make it to that level one day then it's doubtful that FMJ will be around.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:23 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:D4 you are a complete mental case.

Were you stayin at your apartment on the moon at the weekend when a completely shot Morales made Maidana look worse than what Khan made him look.

If Khan is getting a terrible beating from Maidana in the 10th round of their fight, Im sorry but Mayweather makes both of them look like silly schoolboys, all on the same night

Morales is a great fighter, never write of a great fighter.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:24 pm

Go easy on him mate he is just trying not to mention the obvious. So he's went for the cheerleader instead.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:25 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

You wrote off FMJs win over Mosley saying Mosley was shot. Was Sugar Shane never a great fighter?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:25 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

I'd say all the guys he's faced in that time have got better chins than Khan though. Also because of him being a cautious fighter he won't get as many knockouts as a guy who throws 80+ punches each round even though they could be about even in power. The day Khan starts walking through anyones punches I'll be shocked. Only a handful of what Maidana threw actually landed when he had Khan in trouble. Mayweather is not as reckless and will pick his shots and finish the job.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:26 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Not feathered fisted at all. Have you ever watched an FMJ fight apart from the first part of the Judah fight on youtube? If he was feathered fisted he would be easier to beat which is clearly not the case. Mayweather is happy to take it easy and outbox fighters rather than go looking for a stoppage. Khan isn't at elite level yet, and if he does make it to that level one day then it's doubtful that FMJ will be around.

Mayweather is not a concussive puncher, he lacks power. Mayweather could not put Khan down with one punch or even have him in trouble.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:28 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Mayweather is not a concussive puncher, he lacks power. Mayweather could not put Khan down with one punch or even have him in trouble.

That's not his style he would just outbox him for 12 rounds. Khan doesn't have a great chin was like Bambi on ice when Maidana was hitting him with mostly arm punches in the 10th round of their fight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:28 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

You wrote off FMJs win over Mosley saying Mosley was shot. Was Sugar Shane never a great fighter?

Shane is a great fighter and I never wrote him off before the Mayweather fight. There is no substitute for experience and skills.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:29 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:

Go easy on him mate he is just trying not to mention the obvious. So he's went for the cheerleader instead.

I know, quite sad to see really, if he really believed in ol' Big Head he would maybe have the nuts to say it instead of this comedy act.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:29 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

That's not his style he would just outbox him for 12 rounds. Khan doesn't have a great chin was like Bambi on ice when Maidana was hitting him with mostly arm punches in the 10th round of their fight.

So it would be a boxing match, so we agree, and Khan will use his jab and movement to outbox Mayweather.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:31 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Shane is a great fighter and I never wrote him off before the Mayweather fight. There is no substitute for experience and skills.

He never said you wrote him off BEFORE, he said you wrote off his WIN.

Try to keep up D4
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:32 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

So it would be a boxing match, so we agree, and Khan will use his jab and movement to outbox Mayweather.

No he wouldn't win a boxing match he isn't as good as FMJ. He lacks discipline and is chinny. Just say who you really think would beat him and we can have a proper debate because this is becoming stupid.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:33 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

He never said you wrote him off BEFORE, he said you wrote off his WIN.

Try to keep up D4

I didn't do that either, everything I said before he fought Mayweather I said after.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:35 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

No he wouldn't win a boxing match he isn't as good as FMJ. He lacks discipline and is chinny. Just say who you really think would beat him and we can have a proper debate because this is becoming stupid.

This is not about who beats Mayweather but how do you beat him, and a good jab, speed, height and reach as well as movement are attributes that Mayweather has or will struggle with, Khan has all these attributes.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:39 pm

You would also need discipline and a solid chin because he can punch which Khan doesn't have and that has been proven so he loses.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:39 pm

A bigger, stronger, fighter that throw a lot 80-120 punches around, with a solid chin, who is heavy handed and has a reach and height advantage.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:40 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:A bigger, stronger, fighter that throw a lot 80-120 punches around, with a solid chin, who is heavy handed and has a reach and height advantage.

That's almost the perfect fighter who would beat a guy like that? Ridiculous point their is no-one like that around.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:43 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:A bigger, stronger, fighter that throw a lot 80-120 punches around, with a solid chin, who is heavy handed and has a reach and height advantage.

That's almost the perfect fighter who would beat a guy like that? Ridiculous point their is no-one like that around.

laughing You don't realise who it is do you. Who is going to tell him?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:44 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

And here we go on, fabricated lies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A66526374

And here's a D4 quote:

"Mosley has show in the past he struggles against a good jab and movement. Cotto beat him to the punch and he struggle against defensive fighters.

Mosley is going to be 40 next year he is past his best."

I could go on and on with the quotes, but as we ALL know D4 has said it all before and we don't need more quotes to prove that.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:46 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
Margarito?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:46 pm

It's fairly easy to write a prescription for the beating of Mayweather, ( or any other great fighter, ) but it's quite a different thing putting it into practise on fight night.

Great fighters simply don't obligingly let their opponents try out all the prescribed techniques, and I very much doubt if Khan has the experience or ability to dictate the course of a fight with Mayweather.

At the moment, I'd say only you - know - who has a genuine chance of bursting Floyd's bubble.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:47 pm

Scottrf wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
Margarito?
thumbsup

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:49 pm

Margarito: How about a fight Floyd
Floyd: I'll promise you that you will get you shot.

Floyd then promptly retires.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:49 pm

D4, don't duck my post. Read up and give me a reply as to your claim you didn't trash Mosley prior to the FMJ fight.

Many thanks

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:52 pm

coxy0001 wrote:D4, don't duck my post. Read up and give me a reply as to your claim you didn't trash Mosley prior to the FMJ fight.

Many thanks

Yes it call picking flaws in a fighter, I do that and also pick on there strengths, but I did not write Mosley off. With his know punching power and handspeed and being a great fighter he always has decent chance of a KO.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:52 pm

D4 you're a wum Margarito wouldn't beat Mayweather. Mosley who you said was past it made Maragrito look very average. Speed kills Margarito Pac proved that and Mayweather has plenty of speed would be an easy win by wide UD.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:53 pm

coxy0001 wrote:D4, don't duck my post. Read up and give me a reply as to your claim you didn't trash Mosley prior to the FMJ fight.

Many thanks

D4,

In the interest of fairness and debate, could you at least respond to the question?

Thanks,

KB

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:54 pm

On 606 BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A68232918

comment by D4thincarnation (U13986207)
posted May 13, 2010
jimdig (U10171369)

So it was Ok for Mayweather to give Mosley a massive pay day.

At least Marg is still in his prime and is not an old man.

--------------------------------------------------------

comment by D4thincarnation (U13986207)
posted May 3, 2010

Manny can fire of his big punches when leater is fly, Floyd can not and has not.

Manny 100 punches a round, Floyd 40 punches around. Manny throw big power shot most the time, Floyd doesn't.

In his last 2 fight Floyd has fought a 36 year old and a 38 year old, think he is looking for a 40 year old next fight.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:54 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:D4 you're a wum Margarito wouldn't beat Mayweather. Mosley who you said was past it made Maragrito look very average. Speed kills Margarito Pac proved that and Mayweather has plenty of speed would be an easy win by wide UD.

Just a minute ago you were calling him the almost perfect fighter. laughing Almost.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:58 pm

"Not too much suprised in this fight, Mosley was "OLD", ring rusty and lack movement"

D4 on 606 the day after the Mayweather fight
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:58 pm

Almost a perfect fighter. Not Margarito though because he doesn't use his height advantage well just like Williams in that sense. You don't like FMJ but to throw up some of the names you have is ridiculous.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:59 pm

Think we are getting slightly off topic here, lets remember the topic at hand.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:00 pm

"hopefully Mayweather will step up and take on a real threat in the shape of Pacquiao."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A67535940
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:02 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:"hopefully Mayweather will step up and take on a real threat in the shape of Pacquiao."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A67535940

Maybe you should create your own thread called D4th's boxing quotes, rather than hijack someone else's thread.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:02 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Think we are getting slightly off topic here, lets remember the topic at hand.

You were the one bringing up the ridiculous examples of fighters who would beat him. I've already gave a fighter who I think would beat him because I fell their is only 1 in the history of the welterweight division and that is SRR.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:02 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:2nd best WW of all time behind SRR imo.

Really? Without wishing to get into a whole top ten debate in which some people seem to (bizarrely) value the potential of some fighters far higher than the actual achievements of others - I don't know how anyone could put Mayweather above SLR at WW (to name just one). Leonard was like floyd times 2. Granted Floyd is an excellent boxer, but he's just not put all that effort into proving it.

As everyone mentioned the blueprint to beat floyd is a tough one due to his tremendous ability to keep calm and make adjustments. I just wish he'd push himself towards a few sterner tests.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next