The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Euro Division Homepage XXIX

+12
Fernando
Afro
Russell_Elmo
Trebs
Marky
Gregers
Hero
The Special Juan
Bull
TwisT
Good Golly I'm Olly
sodhat
16 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Euro Division Homepage XXIX - Page 18 Empty The Euro Division Homepage XXIX

Post by sodhat Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Season 3 Week 2:

TACTICS DUE IN BY 11:59pm ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

Clarification: Betting players or money between 2 clubs is strictly prohibited

Participants: Olly, T5J, Twi5t, 5odhat, Ru55, Nando, Marky (if we spoon feed him), Greger5

Telegraph League Details:
606v2 Euro Division
PIN: 8008569

Everyone in Premier League (who votes on Championship) send their results to:
Hero

Everyone in Championship (who votes on Premier League) send their results to:
Olly

To Qualify for the £2M Bonus, teams need to post their tactics by Midnight on Wednesday and PM their results by Midnight on Friday

Premier League

Real Ale Sociedad - TwisT The London Silly Nannies - SodhatAC ALittleSilhouetteoOfAMan (AC ALSOAM) - MarkyViva City - VivaPaulScholes Athletico Bilbao Baggins FC - Hero
Jacamos United - The Special JuanHangover 69 - Gregers

Treble's Revenge - onlytreblewinners

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Championship

Holton FC - Olly Barearselona - Fernando Real NADrid©®™ V2 - NadeemSubstandard Liege - Afro Neymar FC - cherriesfan
Go Ahead Eagles - Russell_Elmo Gotham City Rovers - TheBrahmaBull

City Of Norwich FC - ncfc_Tooze

sodhat

Back to top Go down

The Euro Division Homepage XXIX - Page 18 Empty Re: The Euro Division Homepage XXIX

Post by Hero Sun 16 Sep 2012, 8:30 pm

You look at all the BRIC nations apart from India where obviously cricket is the top sport and the money being pumped into them is getting quite scary.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The Euro Division Homepage XXIX - Page 18 Empty Re: The Euro Division Homepage XXIX

Post by Marky Sun 16 Sep 2012, 8:47 pm

You say that Hero, but there were strong rumours of an Indian Premier League for Football a few months ago, same system as the cricket with 12 franchises paying players a small fortune per season.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Sun 16 Sep 2012, 8:56 pm

I agree with Mighty, it annoys me when managers come on bashing your player but suddenly want him to "help" you out. That is blatant cheating.

An before anyone has a go at me offering crap deals I don't lie the player is crap so I get him.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Sun 16 Sep 2012, 8:59 pm

Who has offered for Di Maria since we were talking about him.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:02 pm

I guess we are not allowed to talk about the real life performances of any player in the league
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:05 pm

We can when someone brings up facts instead of bashing a player so the manager of the player sells him.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:06 pm

I do agree with what you are saying, although I don‘t think that was the case here
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:08 pm

Well the fact was he was subbed last night after a shocking performance in RL.
No-one has tried to knock the price down on him as a result, I was actually after the player prior to the game.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:10 pm

And it's not just Di Maria clearly that is struggling at present at Real Madrid based on their start to the season. 4 games in and already 8 points behind Barca.
Last season he was immense, 20 assists. Wonder how much is a result of Ronaldo's sadness.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:13 pm

You're trying to sway me though.

You made an offer for Di Maria. I replied saying everyone rates him so I wouldn't sell. You then twist it and say how bad Di Maria is in an attempt to get me to offload.

Like viva says, it's cheating.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:14 pm

I've noticed there is a big difference between ratings of players in England rest of the world.

Foreign league players the rating is very extreme, either they are brilliant or crap. When a player is off form people will right him off.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:18 pm

No you said everyone rated him highly unlike my player De Rossi. I just showed otherwise this evening.
Seemed fine last night to comment on a player not being rated? Not quite the same when the shoe is on the other foot though?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:20 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:I've noticed there is a big difference between ratings of players in England rest of the world.

Foreign league players the rating is very extreme, either they are brilliant or crap. When a player is off form people will right him off.

And I'd disagree very much with this comment. Premier league playes have much higher peaks and troughs than overseas players. Look at guys like Schweinsteiger and De Rossi, they played poorly for a long time before it filtered back to here, if they were in the Premier League ala Giroud they'd be lambasted far quicker.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:27 pm

Hero is right.

None has tried to persuade him to sell di maria tonight
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:27 pm

I meant that Hero extreme as in rated high or low for a longer time then they should be. Examples such as big European matches or International matches people will solely rate them on that match and stick to those ratings till they next see that player which could be a couple of months.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:31 pm

I agree with you there, an international or Champions League is for many the only glimpse people get of a certain player etc.
Take Yarmolenko, we'd been discussing him for a few weeks, last week though he scores the belter v England and I bet a few people are wanting to get hold of him now. He could be pants for the next few weeks but no-one will notice that.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:34 pm

That's different though as I am saying that in response to a deal you offered. I can't really not comment on his rating in that scenario?

If I offered you Mexes for Hummels, you'd say no, because he's not rated as highly. You can't not comment on the rating in that case.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:35 pm

Also, are we expected to be watching the Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, Portugese and now the Brazilian league? I watch the Champions/Europa League, the Premier League and Bundesliga.

I think that's enough football to get an idea of ratings.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:44 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:That's different though as I am saying that in response to a deal you offered. I can't really not comment on his rating in that scenario?

If I offered you Mexes for Hummels, you'd say no, because he's not rated as highly. You can't not comment on the rating in that case.

But you felt it was fine to comment on my player's performance and thus influence others opinions upon him, then objected when I did the same in reverse. And it's hardly the same as a Mexes for Hummels deal as my players were worth more than yours to begin with.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:48 pm

No, I was using it as an example. If I make you the offer Mexes for Hummels, how do you respond other than no deal because you think Hummels is rated higher?

Difference is that you're making comments on the homepage about Di Maria to try and reduce his rating.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:52 pm

I didn't bring up Di Maria on the homepage, Afro brought it up commenting about the game last night, I simply replied to his question.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:54 pm

And I'd hardly try and reduce his rating when I was trying to trade him off you. Generally making a player look bad isn't the best way to then win votes off people once I've then acquired them. It's not being at junior school and pulling the hair of the girl I fancy.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:56 pm

I'm talking about last night when it was originally mentioned. And once you have Di Maria you'd name all his amazing goals, assists whatever like the other players. I don't bother. I could have chucked James Rodriguez's amazing performance down your throats, but didn't.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:03 pm

So now as well as being unable to discuss last night's game for fear of upsetting managers if their player didn't have a good game we're unable to also do any PR for our own players in case it influences opinions?
Remind me again what managers do in real life in interviews?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:09 pm

There's a difference though. It's not just that, I've noticed it for weeks now. I think people should just shut up a bit about their own players. Or maybe run a separate advertising page if they want to say how great their players are?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:09 pm

I can't actually recall anyone saying Di Maria was crap. I said he‘d started the season badly which is the truth. And I have not offered for Di Maria. In fact I did the opposite and said I wouldn't want him now I have Reus.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:17 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:Also, are we expected to be watching the Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, Portugese and now the Brazilian league? I watch the Champions/Europa League, the Premier League and Bundesliga.

I think that's enough football to get an idea of ratings.

This is the reason why players sometimes need to talked about. If someone from serie a is playing out of their skin, unless they repeat it in a european game, their rating will not reflect real life

Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:18 pm

Samuel Eto'o has eight goals and three assist in twelve appearances this season. Zlatan Ibrahimovic has five goals in six, with one assist. James Rodriguez has one goal in four games. Dzogaev has two goals and two assists despite only playing four 90 minutes this season. Marchisio has three assists in six games. Luiz Gustavo has played in all of Bayern's games and been excellent holding their midfield. He scored a cracker as well despite being a 'limited player'

Most interestingly, Di Maria has only completed two 90 minutes and made seven apps. He has two goals and two assists.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:21 pm

Ironically Rodriguez has been the best of those so far this season
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:22 pm

And Etoo faces a worldwide ban for refusing to play for Cameroon
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:26 pm

Not heard anything about a ban for it? I know he refused to play but I thought it was up to the player?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:28 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19399211

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:29 pm

Silly african politics !!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:34 pm

Could be worse could be run by sepp blatter Wink

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:37 pm

Or platini
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:38 pm

Surely I'd get compensation if he was banned anyway, it's like a retirement?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:45 pm

I think Trebs is taking this too far.

Everyone can praise their own players in an attempt to make them better rated, its been happening before and since I joined the Furious League and throughout this league as well.

If I see that one of my players had a blinder of course I'm going to mention it, and if one of my rival's players had a shocker I'd mention that too. All a part of the game.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:51 pm

Nice to see the combination of Sigurdsson, Bale and Defoe linking up like gods today Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:55 pm

Julio Cesar or Tim Krul? Who is rated higher?

And no mentioning any mistakes they make. I'll be stricter than Goebbels about it Whistle

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:56 pm

Trebs.....it is far too late to accept your lawyers offer for Robinson. I am afraid I don't think you can sell him to lawyers now

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:57 pm

Yeah I can. Nothing in the rules to say you can't until the following lawyers are up.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Sun 16 Sep 2012, 11:00 pm

I am sure you only have until Wednesday of each week

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 16 Sep 2012, 11:02 pm

We've never clamped down on accepting lawyers so it is fine to go through. I think others have gone through that late.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Russell_Elmo Sun 16 Sep 2012, 11:03 pm

Anyone see this goal from Henry!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfDezLtZW80&sns=tw

Russell_Elmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Sep 2012, 7:34 am

Will do whatever it is I have to do (injuries?) when I get back from school OK

Soddy I'm gonna kill you for telling me Rod Streater was gonna be good. I put him in, have Vernon Davis sitting on the bench, scores 2 TD's mad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:57 am

Olly wrote:Will do whatever it is I have to do (injuries?) when I get back from school OK

Soddy I'm gonna kill you for telling me Rod Streater was gonna be good. I put him in, have Vernon Davis sitting on the bench, scores 2 TD's mad

Laugh

He would be good if we could throw to him!

You shouldn't have sat Vernon Davis though, like, ever. That is a crazy move.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:58 am

Can anything NFL be put into spoilers? Otherwise these conversations spoil the games for me.

Spoiler:

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:03 am

I think this Vernon guy should have been benched because he's only one letter away from being Veron who is terrible OK

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:24 am

Can everyone check their squad numbers?

Doing injuries there are some big looking squads, and remember the limit is 25.

If you are over, you will need to reduce numbers before you get tactics in. So before the end of Tuesday, you can either sell players domestically, or you will automatically have the lawyers offer(s) accepted after this point
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:36 am

Premier League injuries are up
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next