The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro Division Homepage XXXII

+15
ncfc_Tooze
TwisT
Russell_Elmo
Fernando
Good Golly I'm Olly
Bull
nadeem2099
sodhat
Marky
Zinedine_Ze_Zebra
Afro
FIFA Diva
GSC
Beer
Hero
19 posters

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXXII - Page 20 Empty Euro Division Homepage XXXII

Post by Hero Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Countries for Reboot

Zidane - Italy
Russell - Germany
Treble - Germany
Marky - Spain
Nadeem - England
Olly - Italy
Hero - Spain
Gregers - Spain
Fernando - England
Sodhat - Italy
Twist - Germany
Viva - England
Afro - Italy
Bull - Germany
New Player - Spain
Tooze - England

Here’s how it basically works.
You have a budget of 100m to purchase a squad with the following stipulations:

1. You MUST have a minimum of 6 players from the country designated to you.
2. You MUST have a minimum of 3 players that were born on or after 1st October 1991.
3. You CANNOT go over the squad limit of 25.

To buy your squad then you must make sealed bids for the players. How this works is that you check the value of the players on TM, the MINIMUM cost is what their value is on there, but you can bid more than that as others may wish to buy that player. The maximum value of a player that you can bid for is £12m although may wish to bid more than that in order to acquire him.
So for example;
Bull places a sealed bid of 875k for Paul Scholes as that is the TM value.
Viva places a sealed bid of 1m for Scholes as he thinks others may be bidding for him.

Viva therefore wins.

ALL squads are PM’d to myself and a designated neutral party (to ensure fairplay I will send my squad list first so it cannot be said I’ve gazumped anyone). I then reveal who has got which player in the first draft.
We continue the process until everyone has then spent up and we move onto the Star Player bid which works under the same principle although you have a budget of 25m + whatever remained from your normal bids for ONE player who has a value up to 25m

Clarification: Betting players or money between 2 clubs is strictly prohibited

Participants: Olly, T5J, Twi5t, 5odhat, Ru55, Nando, Marky (if we spoon feed him), Greger5

Telegraph League Details:
606v2 Euro Division
PIN: 8008569

Everyone in Premier League (who votes on Championship) send their results to:
Hero

Everyone in Championship (who votes on Premier League) send their results to:
Olly

To Qualify for the £2M Bonus, teams need to post their tactics by Midnight on Wednesday and PM their results by Midnight on Friday

Premier League

Real Ale Sociedad - TwisT The London Silly Nannies - SodhatAC ALittleSilhouetteoOfAMan (AC ALSOAM) - MarkyViva City - VivaPaulScholes Athletico Bilbao Baggins FC - Hero
Jacamos United - The Special JuanHangover 69 - Gregers

Treble's Revenge - onlytreblewinners

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Championship

Holton FC - Olly Barearselona - Fernando Real NADrid©®™ V2 - NadeemSubstandard Liege - Afro Neymar FC - cherriesfan
Go Ahead Eagles - Russell_Elmo Gotham City Rovers - TheBrahmaBull

City Of Norwich FC - ncfc_Tooze

Last edited by Hero on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXXII - Page 20 Empty Re: Euro Division Homepage XXXII

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:08 am

Afro OK I try to be fair as I can but I do have moments where I can be biased towards my own team but I guess thats normal.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:08 am

So close! Damn. Should do penalties my way Whistle

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:10 am

Also ABU is only a phrase coined by United fans who think everyone is against them. It's slightly arrogant because most fans are happy to see all English clubs do well in Europe
I use is more in a Prem league context. Everyone loves beating or seeing Man United lose more than any other top team in the league.
But maybe that is my perception as a fan, I probably notice it more when people cheer when Man United concede a goal. Liverpool fans may see the same thing when they concede and so on. Oh we're taliing about just a general run of your mill pub, not sitting with supporters of the team your playing as you will always see it then.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:19 am

Fair enough. I love beating United, as I do beating anyone. But winning against the title challengers is a rare feat for other clubs and when you start to do it more consistently (as Everton are starting too) its a nice sign of how far you have come.

But I see your point about people cheering when United concede against any team. That I don't do. I am indifferent about any club that isn't Everton
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:27 am

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra wrote:Anyone
But
United

Azzy, you write United off. The defence has injuries yes, cant get fit is a bit unfair, I mean none of them are like the Jack Wil-something lad. 14 months without being able to get fit is what you call unable to get fit.

The midfield will be ok, Fletch back is great, Cleves looks good as does Ando. They need to play more and bigger games, they need more trust from the manager in those situations.

Wingers have lost form after 6 games of the season, you're like some inept ITV pundit Azzy Laugh

United arent playing great at the moment, but we are still up there. I believe they will produce when they need to.
I'm actually:

Anyone
But
No-one

I love Albion, and hate every single team in the Premier League. In the entire Football League even. except Walsall.

Jones, Smalling and Vidic have all had serious injury problems for the last 14 months, same as Wilshere. The fact that they came back for parts of that time, and played averagely, doesn't mean they don't have problems. Jones and Smalling in particular - being so young - shouldn't have spent so much time on the sidelines. I doubt either will ever be ready to replace Terry / Rio in the England team.

Fletcher is only a prettier version of Carrick, who's over-rated in my book. Cleverley does not look good, he looks good against lesser teams, but has no cutting edge or obvious creativity when up against decent defences. As for Anderson, well, he's earned the moniker Mr Average if ever anyone did. I honestly think that Viva would win that midfield battle, dodgy knee or no.

Nani has been out of form since c. February, and Valencia I can't even remember that last time I saw him play well. Neither are a threat these days, and Fergie should get shot. The only shining light for me is Kagawa, but he needs some better players alongside him or he'll never develop into the superstar he could be.

United have a lot of dead wood in their squad, Fergie needs to have a clear out and map out his strategy to retirement. Get the shop set up for David Moyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:34 am

I woke up with a steering wheel on my pen!s.

It's driving me nuts.

Last edited by sodhat on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:40 am

I don't think most West Ham fans consider us a big club. I've always thought we were a mid-sized club that deserves a place in the PL based on history and performance, but nothing more.

I think a lot of fans use the line "we won the World Cup" in a tongue in cheek manner. If they believe it then it's silly.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:58 am

Jones, Smalling and Vidic have all had serious injury problems for the last 14 months
Vida had a long term lay off. Smalling and Jones havent. You need to go do some research Azzy.
Smalling was out with a head injury for a week or two early on in the year. Missed the Euros with a groin injury which any player can get and many do, and now a foot injury at start of season.
Phil jones had his bad injury at Blackburn, some back injuries in pre season and now his knee tear.

Vida was the only long term injury which could be compared to Wilsheres.

I woke up with a steering wheel on my pen!s.

It's driving me nuts.
Laugh Laugh Laugh I actually found that funny Soddy as silly as it is haha.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:04 pm

Any youngster that misses such a lot of time has serious injury problems. Smalling and Jones will never take the next step if they go down injured every three months. Jones especially looked a great talent, but I think injuries have robbed him of his chance to become a true great.

Driving me nuts Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Smalling & Jones will be fine Azzy. I still think they will make Man United & England CB pairing for years to come. Time will tell.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:14 pm

I think Jones is a quality footballer.

Personally I like him in midfield, and for United I would probably consider that to be where he is most useful to them right now. I know people say he will be a CB and that he personally wants to be, but I think his skill set suits a midfield role and offers United something different.

I'm not against United in any way, by the by. The only club whose failure I enjoy is Tottenham. Now they are deluded fans.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:18 pm

Jones will end up at RB/CM
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:18 pm

I'm against everyone apparently
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:22 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
Zinedine_Ze_Zebra wrote:Anyone
But
United

Azzy, you write United off. The defence has injuries yes, cant get fit is a bit unfair, I mean none of them are like the Jack Wil-something lad. 14 months without being able to get fit is what you call unable to get fit.

The midfield will be ok, Fletch back is great, Cleves looks good as does Ando. They need to play more and bigger games, they need more trust from the manager in those situations.

Wingers have lost form after 6 games of the season, you're like some inept ITV pundit Azzy Laugh

United arent playing great at the moment, but we are still up there. I believe they will produce when they need to.
I'm actually:

Anyone
But
No-one

I love Albion, and hate every single team in the Premier League. In the entire Football League even. except Walsall.

Jones, Smalling and Vidic have all had serious injury problems for the last 14 months, same as Wilshere. The fact that they came back for parts of that time, and played averagely, doesn't mean they don't have problems. Jones and Smalling in particular - being so young - shouldn't have spent so much time on the sidelines. I doubt either will ever be ready to replace Terry / Rio in the England team.

Fletcher is only a prettier version of Carrick, who's over-rated in my book. Cleverley does not look good, he looks good against lesser teams, but has no cutting edge or obvious creativity when up against decent defences. As for Anderson, well, he's earned the moniker Mr Average if ever anyone did. I honestly think that Viva would win that midfield battle, dodgy knee or no.

Nani has been out of form since c. February, and Valencia I can't even remember that last time I saw him play well. Neither are a threat these days, and Fergie should get shot. The only shining light for me is Kagawa, but he needs some better players alongside him or he'll never develop into the superstar he could be.

United have a lot of dead wood in their squad, Fergie needs to have a clear out and map out his strategy to retirement. Get the shop set up for David Moyes.

Laugh I've got my scan today at 5pm, can we have a trend going on Twitter #Pray4Viva
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:39 pm

Afro, you got the reasoning for the results?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:48 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:Afro, you got the reasoning for the results?

None what so ever. I only got votes with no scorers or explanations
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:51 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:
onlytreblewinners wrote:Afro, you got the reasoning for the results?

None what so ever. I only got votes with no scorers or explanations

No worries. Just an idea for the new season, if no explanation is submitted with the prediction then I don't think it should be accepted.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Usually they aren't, but I think people lost the hunger to vote with nothing on the line.

I have reasons for the championship game, and I'll post up soon.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:55 pm

sodhat wrote:Usually they aren't, but I think people lost the hunger to vote with nothing on the line.

I have reasons for the championship game, and I'll post up soon.

What Sod says.

Normally they are rejected and the manager won't get his bonus with no explanations.

Just with it being voting on a finished league, they didn't bother and with so few votes and no stick to beat them with, I didn't bother pushing it
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:56 pm

No worries. Anyone have any idea why I lost then?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:57 pm

Seems I got the calculation of the results slightly wrong and did it on the old FL method. No change in the winners, but the scorelines are different...

BigFellasAfro wrote:So it should have been?

Bilbao Baggins v Trebles Revenge
3-1
1-0
2-1
1-1

= 7-3
/4 = 1.75-0.75
= 2-1
plus 1 goal for +3 wins

3-1

ALSOAM v LSN
2-1
1-2
2-2
1-2

= 6-7
/4 = 1.5-1.75

2-2
LSN win on penalties (2 wins to 1)
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:59 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:Laugh I've got my scan today at 5pm, can we have a trend going on Twitter #Pray4Viva
Take a look on Twitter for #Pray4Viva heart

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:07 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:No worries. Anyone have any idea why I lost then?

I haven't looked at the tactics really, but Baggins had the best side in the league on paper so it's always going to be tough.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:09 pm

sodhat wrote:
onlytreblewinners wrote:No worries. Anyone have any idea why I lost then?

I haven't looked at the tactics really, but Baggins had the best side in the league on paper so it's always going to be tough.

And I went for the draw because I thought your tactics set you up well
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:18 pm

Thoughts on Sodhat and I's game? Going 4-4-2 Diamond was a risk but I felt I had to do something different to combat Sodhat's AM.

And Trebs, personally, i'd say that when you went 4-4-2 against me with Eto'o and Ibrahimovic, it worked and you won, then your next game, against Hero, you reverted back to 1 upfront and although I couldn't vote on your game, I think it cost you.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Yeah, you should have attacked him. I think you targeted his full backs well though.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:23 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19816075

You lose to Crawley? Your out of a job!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Redknapp to take over? Laugh

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:26 pm

It was pretty much decided when he got employed there Soddy lol

Plus that Paul Groves is quite frankly awful. I mean what manager goes 1-0 up at home to MK Dons in the 15th minute, Alan Smith gets sent off 18th minute fro MK Dons and they end up drawing 1-1!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:30 pm

To be fair to the board, AFC Bournemouth have spent a LOT of money to achieve promotion and are in the relegation zone 10 games in. I'd be surprised if he stayed.

Redknapp will be offered it IMO, whether he'd take it or not is another question.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:30 pm

Gangnam Style?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:31 pm

Might as well, they have a load of cash and it's close to his home.

It's down to whether he believes he can get another PL club (he can, for sure) and whether they will be like he had at Spurs, i.e. pushing the top four.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:32 pm

sodhat wrote:Might as well, they have a load of cash and it's close to his home.

It's down to whether he believes he can get another PL club (he can, for sure) and whether they will be like he had at Spurs, i.e. pushing the top four.

I see what you are alluding at. He'll only get the Everton job once Moyes moves to Man Utd
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:35 pm

Can't see him travelling to Everton to be fair. Has he ever managed north of the Watford Gap? I don't think he has!

Plus, Moyes will be a tough act to follow. Probably best to let a young man come in to mess it all up.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:37 pm

Laugh

To be honest, Redknapp and Everton don't feel like a good fit.

We'll go for someone else in the Moyes mould, like Lambert
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:38 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:Laugh

To be honest, Redknapp and Everton don't feel like a good fit.

We'll go for someone else in the Moyes mould, like Lambert

Except Lambert is taken, so you'll take the next best available Glasweigan; Alex McLeish.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:42 pm

There must be some Glaswegians between Lambert and McLeish surely!!

BTW did you see Domenik Hixon's catch for the Giants at the weekend Shocked
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:45 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:There must be some Glaswegians between Lambert and McLeish surely!!

............................................................... Steve Kean?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:48 pm

The Special Juan wrote:
BigFellasAfro wrote:There must be some Glaswegians between Lambert and McLeish surely!!

............................................................... Steve Kean?

Bit higher
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:49 pm

I'm think Frankie Boyle is probably higher up the Glaswegian rankings than both Kean and McLeish
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:53 pm

There are some freakish athletes in the NFL Afro. The best catches on youtube is an epic watch, some corkers from Randy Moss in there.

A Glaswegian that is better than Kean and McLeish...got it....

Kenny Dalglish.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:53 pm

censored
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Think about it

He knows the area
He's won trophies (inc. last year)
He's as Scottish as Moyes

Perfect. He'd look good in a blue tracksuit.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:58 pm

He is about 20 years out of date and spent over £60m on Carroll, Henderson and Adam

censored
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Championship Play-off Final

Barearselona 2-1 Substandard Liege
Benzema, Podolski; Jovetic

For me the fact that Nando's team went into the game treating it as 'Just a friendly game today' then that set the tone for the game, one that I would have given to Nando had he motivated them otherwise.

I'm not convinced by Vidic and Mascherano at the back for Liege and the full backs aren't up to scratch. Benzema would have certainly got on the scoresheet. However, the Liege midfield would have dominated and Reus would have destroyed Gibbs. It was tight, but the Liege substitutes opened up the game and Barearselona got a late winner because their opponents were too attacking.

A good even game, if its a final it goes to penalties but I simply cannot split these two. I feel Barearselona have the advantage in the wings but Substandard have the better midfield.

Barearselona were tactically the better side and it showed during the match, the manager did his homework on the opposition. Benzema attacked at Vidic and it showed when Vidic stuggled and couldn't rely on Mach to bail him out. They did very well in stopping the Standard wingers, Pastore was a threat as he had the better of Essien but couldn't pass through the CB's.

Close game and I can’t split them in normal time. SS set up as expected but Nando has done some good work in scouting and has a good tactical plan. SS midfield is easily the stronger so they will dominate the centre but Nando’s defence is solid.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:04 pm

#bringbackmikewalker
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:07 pm

clap

Well played Nando, it was tight as expected but your superior scouting got you the deserved win
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Just realised two of the reasons are practically identical, one of them being mine Laugh

It came down to a single goal on the votes, so well done both.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Olly wrote:#bringbackmikewalker

The most arrogant man in the world
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:10 pm

What about Brendan Rodgers?

He has a portrait in his house. Of himself.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next