The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

+22
Kenny
Ozzy3213
ChequeredJersey
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Thomond
Mick(TEFC)
WillyGilly
Gibson
The Boss
Biltong
Luckless Pedestrian
perthshirepuma
prop_lyd
Notch
Hound_of_Harrow
littleswannygirl
PenfroPete
Glas a du
Cari
MrsP
PJHolybloke
Pal Joey
26 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Pal Joey Thu 13 Dec 2012, 7:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Hopetoun House, Edinburgh - where the Management Team for the 2013 British & Irish Lions tour party to Australia was announced.

“This is the next chapter in the 2013 tour story," said tour manager Andy Irvine.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Warren Gatland,
Andy Farrell, Shaun Edwards, Kiwi Pete's Grandfather, Rava, Rodders, Andy Irvine, Graham Rowntree, Dr James Robson,
Paul Stridgeon, Kip Keino, Baggage Master Patrick O’Reilly and Lawyer Max Duthie above the bar.

Ale Smile coffee guinness cider Yahoo RedWine Bubbly Hug Ale cuppa guinness thumbsup

Previous Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t37870p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-dubai

Last edited by Linebreaker on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 1:11 am; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:46 pm

I've watched them twice in derbies this season now (Blouse) and the standard of rugby they've served up is dire. To be fair the referee didn't help the game at all and what purpose James Jones serves as a touchy, I don't know as he doesn't offer any assistance to a ref for blatant offences that happen in front of him.

Patchell is getting a lot of praise for other games, but I don't really see what the fuss is. His first instinct is always to kick. If I was Jase Tovey, I'd be a bit annoyed that I wasn't getting a run at ten.

I know they won't, but Dragons should look to tear into them on Boxing Day. There's nothing really to fear there. Now we are 7 behind them (I think), we need to start catching up.

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by perthshirepuma Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:10 pm

Sorry to hear that you are still feeling grim, Cari. Still, with the weather as it is, bed (or sofa) is a good place to be. I was going to go into Callander to see if I could find any non-tourist tat for presents, but in the end, I just didn't fancy sploshing around in the pouring rain. Going to have to go in on Monday to pick up the rib of beef which constitutes my contribution to the Boxing Day table (sigh). Also lemons, since my niece has requested my world famous (hem, hem) lemon meringue pie. So, this afternoon I will splosh around the village delivering Christmas cards instead of shopping. Maybe.

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:11 pm

Afternoon pub cuppa

I think everyone's having a pre-Christmas clear out. Just been down to the tip and half the village seemed to be there, it was rammed!

Now I'm building myself up to facing the shops Shocked I may need some therapy later.
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:21 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Didn't think I had that many pints last night, but I'm rougho today too. Was a terrible game last night to be fair.

I wish I hadn't mixed rose, cider and lager!! Yeah not a great match to be fair. Ah well off out again at 6.30!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:25 pm

It really wasn't a great game - but it was a great night, and it was good to meet the missuses. Banging headache this morning but the dog's been a great help, barking at me when I was curled up on the sofa...

Chinese tonight, I think.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:34 pm

Pizza for me Lucky!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:37 pm

Tandoori mixed grill for me. Can't wait for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 22 Dec 2012, 2:06 pm

Struggled to eat lamb chops for lunch.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 22 Dec 2012, 2:40 pm

eirebilly wrote:Morning MrsP and Thomond Very Happy

Not at home for christmas this year Very Happy

You're a fecing nomad boy, Holand, Clare or the home of the Viiking lad, sure you're all over the shop man!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 22 Dec 2012, 2:50 pm

Anyone home, hello?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 22 Dec 2012, 3:07 pm

Hi T!

Just in from the flicks with the kids!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 22 Dec 2012, 3:12 pm

Just read back to see Cari is a bit under the weather.

mug (Lemsip)

Hug (Only a virtual one as I have just got rid of a similar thing myself and I don't want another one thank you very much!)

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 22 Dec 2012, 5:57 pm

Glaws sneak past Exeter........time for night 2 on the booze....laters y'all Run
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 22 Dec 2012, 6:08 pm

Thank you MrsP. I've missed out on cwtches already due to disease so missing another one's not going to make much difference The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 767733566 I'm suitably quarantined. I'm starting to feel better though in that my nose has stopped stinging and making my eyes water all the time. I haven't sneezed in the last couple of hours either.

Haven't done anything today - oh I did do washing. There's exciting. It's still belting down outside too.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 22 Dec 2012, 8:26 pm

Quiet in here. My hangover is subsiding but I'm too knackered to stay up. Seriously considering becoming tee total. I can't deal with this Poopie any more...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sat 22 Dec 2012, 11:01 pm

Yup, quiet indeed. Everyone must be shopped out.

Cracking day out with the Ealing crowd down at Rosslyn Park. 16-16 at the end. Happy with that after conceding an iffy penalty try with a couple minutes left. At 16-13 down we bagged a penalty at the end.

Awful conditions to play in for two teams who like to run the ball, but there was still some excellent handling from both teams. I love the game at that level - semi-pro. Proper stuff.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 23 Dec 2012, 7:44 am

Wishing everyone and their families a very Merry Christmas... also Christmas Eve and Boxing Day too. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 3602195817 Hug

I didn't get the gig I'm afraid... it was very close in the end (they will keep me in mind for other projects they have said) and they opted for the company up the road here. Oh well,... I wish them luck.

Quite warm here of course. I've been for a few early morning swims (brother was over from Singapore) and the water is crystal clear and about 21 deg C which feels a little cool (when the air is a few degrees warmer) for about 20 seconds... then wonderful.

I've noticed a few Russian? mothers/nannies talking to toddlers with thick accents on the beach in Manly of all places.
Plenty of GB'ers, Irish, Brazilians, Scandinavians there too. Good vibes! Smile

Get well Cari and I hope you've recovered quickly too Glas. And good luck with all your teams in whatever comps everyone. OKOK

There's only some Top 14 matches live here... blydi annoying if you ask me. I should write a strong letter to those idiots at Fox (who say things like "it's a sunny night..." and "British Lions") Rolling Eyes and tell them to pull their fists out and get it right and acknowledge the HC/Jeff/Pro 12 and show some highlights at least.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 23 Dec 2012, 8:01 am

Breaker, you can't buy success, or the experience and determination you get from failure. There will be other gigs The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 3602195817

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 23 Dec 2012, 8:11 am

Glas a du wrote:Breaker, you can't buy success, or the experience and determination you get from failure. There will be other gigs The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 3602195817

Thanks mate. True, it's just toughened me up even more and made me more determined. You often here successful people saying how they 'failed' a few times before things clicked. It was a blow for a few hours but I soon got over it.
You're right... there will be other opportunities and at least I'm on the database now.

The guy told me "they were very impressed... but probably offered too much", then; "time will tell if my estimate was correct....".

He seemed pretty sheepish and guilty but I wished him a Merry Christmas and said I'll be in touch again in the New Year. They still haven't sent the official Notice as set out in the docs. Pretty poor, rude & unprofessional really don't you think?

I had to track this guy down because the company 'does not give out telephone numbers' but I just wanted a 'yea or a nay'.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sun 23 Dec 2012, 8:19 am

Glas a du wrote:Quiet in here. My hangover is subsiding but I'm too knackered to stay up. Seriously considering becoming tee total. I can't deal with this Poopie any more...

Man up you pansy!
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 23 Dec 2012, 9:23 am

Morning folks. It looks like being another damp day.

Wasps v Sale at 2pm - I'm not too displeased about the earlier kick off. I'll get home at a reasonable hour.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:10 am

Morning Pubblies The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 3602195817 king coffee

Thanks Breaker. Sorry to hear you weren't successful, but it sounds like you gave it a good effort and will take a lot from the experience. clap

I'm just going to stick this Xmas card on the bar wall there...
Spoiler:

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas - eat, drink and be merry with whoever you're with - and a peaceful, prosperous 2013 to all. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 3602195817

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:17 am

You sure get some interesting people in your back yard Cari. Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:19 am

Heh heh, I suppose I do! The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 3513163098 No snow today though...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:21 am

Morning all, man my body can't take 2 nights in a row on the sauce anymore!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:28 am

I know Prop, just don't tell Willser!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:29 am

The Nordies are a different animal when it comes to drink.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:32 am

I feel better for boozing last night. Probably gonna have a break now though until Christmas Day.

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Sun 23 Dec 2012, 12:07 pm

Afternoon pub cuppa

Had a nightmare getting in here today, kept telling me the website is not responding. Tried the old IT trick of switching computer off and back on again and it seems to have worked! Laugh

Commiserations LB Hug but chin up, it just means that there's something better for you on the horizon.
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Sun 23 Dec 2012, 1:03 pm

I just gathered up all the stuff I need to take to Sheffield with me this afternoon. Oh my! I am going to need a considerably bigger car!

Have a lovely afternoon/evening everyone The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 Wind14
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 23 Dec 2012, 1:12 pm

Cheers Swanny.

Have a great trip to Sheffield - enjoy the smiles on the niece's/nephew's faces as they rip the wrappings off the Christmas presents! Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 23 Dec 2012, 1:21 pm

Babysitting my niece as her mother has taken Miss G to a Panto. She's 12 months old, ginger and a mummy's girl. I have exhausted all of my time honoured baby calming tricks...

except one...

she's now quiet on a beanbag in front of the telly....

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 1054138444

Sorry
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 23 Dec 2012, 1:50 pm

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=d0AkLDseZXk
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun 23 Dec 2012, 1:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqB-qFwGcTw&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 23 Dec 2012, 2:00 pm

Haha nice Kiwi!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 23 Dec 2012, 2:06 pm

"@philsteele1: Sky comm just refered to Hymns + Arias at Liberty Stadium as The Welsh Anthem Land Of My Fathers - sums up the intelligence of football"

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 1054138444
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 23 Dec 2012, 4:33 pm

25-18 win for Wasps Smile

Sorry swanny.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sun 23 Dec 2012, 5:11 pm

Afternoon everyone! Awful hangover to be dealing with today.
Was out last night and got kicked out of my taxi him at 3 this morning over a mile away from my house as apparently my road was "too far away". Now I'm not an expert on the job of taxi drivers but I thought when ya pay for a taxi ya get dropped off wherever you're looking to go.

I live out in the country so the road home is surrounded by trees. With the wind and my drunken state it felt like a scene out of Twister. Never been as happy to get in through my front door in my life.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 23 Dec 2012, 5:34 pm

Evening pub, I have now finished work for 2012 and don't start back until 7th Jan. Whoot whoot! Yahoo

Reading back, so here goes:

Condolences for those who have had losses, we had one ourselves last week.

Cari babe, kiss Hug get well soon.

Glas, prop, strap on a pair if you can't grow 'em. Laugh

Hound, congratulations will it be full retirement or just semi...

Breaker, you're going to get a nice fat project off those guys, I know it, keep at it and you'll get your reward.

Congratulations and commiserations to our winners and losers over the weekend, one great result for Ulster and a shocker for Bath, I watched that back last night after Strictly Poopie Dancing and it was worse than the dancing.

Got loads to do tomorrow, so if I don't get chance I'll wish you all a very merry Christmas now, I hope you all get a lot of what you like over the festive period, for me it's time for peace, quiet and reflection.

OK
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sun 23 Dec 2012, 5:35 pm

Have a good 'un PJ The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 3845856932
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 23 Dec 2012, 6:13 pm

Ta Peej. Merry Wossname to yourself as well. I hope Santa empties his sacks down your chimley tomorrow night and you get what you want. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 3602195817 I love this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orznh0cN1ds

Jebus Boss, talk about a jobs worth! If you could pay, he should've taken you wherever you wanted to go.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 23 Dec 2012, 6:36 pm

...meanwhile....only 17 sleeps until my next trip! The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 3933776953

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 23 Dec 2012, 6:44 pm

PM for Penfro.

He'll have a job Cari, we baint got one! Laugh

He'll have to pop it through the letterbox instead. I'll be painting over Christmas so you'll get T-Bo early Jan.

I didn't think taxis could refuse to drop you off at your destination once they'd taken the pick-up? I wouldn't have paid the fecker for half a job.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 23 Dec 2012, 6:46 pm

You feeling better Cari or are you still looking like a stunt double for Rudolf?

mug (Lemsip or coffee, depending on the state of your recovery!!!)

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 3602195817

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 23 Dec 2012, 6:57 pm

Well I hope Santa knows that Peej or you'll be woken up tomorrow night by a fat bloke jumping on your roof Laugh

I'm feeling much better thanks MrsP. I've not done anything this weekend though. I've slept a lot and stayed indoors. I'm working tomorrow, but at least I'm not so full up with snot.

Ah my sort of telly on now. ITV1 - a look at festive TV of yesteryear... The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 12 3845856932

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sun 23 Dec 2012, 7:02 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:PM for Penfro.

Straight back at ya - you are a top bloke kiss
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 23 Dec 2012, 7:16 pm

Mr Stink is quite funny for a kids' program. Satirical like.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 23 Dec 2012, 7:40 pm

Just watched that Glas, I got top points for picking out Hugh Bonneville and Pudsey the whammel first. Yahoo

I liked it. Watching Antiques Roadshow now and getting into me cot shortly... how's yer swede? Whistle

PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 23 Dec 2012, 7:46 pm

Aye it's ok now ta. Just cream crackered and I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet. What to get Mrs G, a Hoover or a saw bench chin
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 23 Dec 2012, 7:51 pm

Glas a du wrote:Aye it's ok now ta. Just cream crackered and I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet. What to get Mrs G, a Hoover or a saw bench chin

Shocked Run
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next