The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December

+31
doctor_grey
Standulstermen
Ozzy3213
valjester
asoreleftshoulder
WillyGilly
Gibson
Pot Hale
johnnymonaghan
UlstermaninGlasgow
Artful_Dodger
rodders
Cari
Golden
LeinsterFan4life
the-goon
Don Alfonso
Glas a du
toml
Thomond
The Great Aukster
Notch
Jenifer McLadyboy
neilthom7
thebandwagonsociety
Kingshu
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Mickado
BoyneRFC
clivemcl
MrsP
35 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December - Page 3 Empty Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December

Post by MrsP Tue 18 Dec 2012, 10:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Back to Rabo Pro 12 action this weekend at Ravenhill when we host our nearest and dearest neighbours, the Boys in Blue.

Ulster's unbeaten run has ended but they are still in prime position in both league and Cup competitions...for now. Leinster have had a more mixed bag in both competitions so far but have by far the better record in this head to head battle.

Both teams have fresh injuries from their HEC matches at the weekend as well as longer term absences of significant personel.

Who is coming up to Belfast for the game? What kind of teams will the coaches put out? Who will be available?

The match has been sold out for quite a while so if you don't have your mitts on a ticket you'd better be near a telly come 7pm.

The Teams

Ulster

J Payne;
A Trimble,
D Cave,
L Marshall,
C Gilroy;
P Jackson,
R Pienaar;
------------
(1-8):
T Court,
R Best,
J Afoa,
I Henderson,
N McComb,
R Diack,
C Henry (c)
N Williams;
------------
Replacements (16-23):
R Herring,
C Black,
A Macklin,
A O'Connor,
R Wilson,
P Marshall,
P Wallace,
A D'Arcy.

LEINSTER:

15:Noel Reid
14: Andrew Conway
13: Brendan Macken
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Fergus McFadden
10: Ian Madigan
9: Eoin Reddan

1: Cian Healy
2: Sean Cronin
3: Michael Bent
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Devin Toner
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Sean O'Brien
8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Aaron Dundon
17: Heinke van der Merwe
18: Jamie Hagan
19: Tom Denton
20: Rhys Ruddock
21: Isaac Boss
22: Andrew Goodman
23: Adam Byrne

Last edited by MrsP on Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:15 am; edited 2 times in total

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December - Page 3 Empty Re: Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December

Post by neilthom7 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:29 pm

neilthom7 wrote:I don't care if they are protesting on the pitch I will be there to watch the match lol

unless the Mayans are right off course

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December - Page 3 Empty Re: Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December

Post by Cari Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:01 pm

How can the Mayans be right? My milk doesn't go off until next week. Rolling Eyes

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:05 pm

There was a wee clip about the Mayans on the news and there were all these fokl with souvenirs at the pyramids who were asked about the "End of the World" thing.

They pretty much looked at all their stock and told the reporter it was all a misunderstanding! I'm sure the prospect of no tourists booking to come the site had no bearing on his dismissal of the prophesy.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:16 pm

Wish I was going to this now... Will be in Belfast and all. Although the prospect of trying to find a place to watch it in Belfast on Black Friday, avoiding the Europa at all costs, may be challenging..... And now praying the Lisburn Road isn't completely buggered up by the protests.
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:27 pm

There was a wee clip about the Mayans on the news and there were all these fokl with souvenirs at the pyramids who were asked about the "End of the World" thing.

They pretty much looked at all their stock and told the reporter it was all a misunderstanding! I'm sure the prospect of no tourists booking to come the site had no bearing on his dismissal of the prophesy.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:50 pm

well I have a meeting next week for a new job so it would be inconvenient if they were right lol

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:16 pm

Only an Ulsterman could describe the end of the World as "inconvenient"!

laughing

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnymonaghan Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:54 pm

It's going to be an interesting battle up front - can ulster handle Leinster's back row? Robbie D is getting a huge opportunity to impress

If ulster get enough ball at the breakdown, I reckon they can do some damage

Speaking of damage - I was hoping to travel up from down "mekeeko way" arriving at ravers around 5.30ish - do you reckon my Monaghan reg will be ok bearing in mind the 6pm road blocks etc? Am I insane for even trying? I have to travel back straight after the game heading for Newry - beginning to think I should stay at home ?

johnnymonaghan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:10 pm

Which route would you usually take from the Motorway JM?

I know there was some issue with a Road Block on the Milltown Road at around teatime some days last week so that might be one to avoid. If you have concerns about the car (it has never been an issue as far as I know) then park in the Ardenlee Ave "Park and Ride". It is vey safe and a wee bus will ferry you round to the ground and back although it is an easy walk.

Traffic is likely to be a bit mad anyway as it's the Friday before Christmas and there are likely to be a lot of folks out at works dos etc.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnymonaghan Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:19 pm

Thanks mrs P- I normally do the Malone road,house of sport shaws bridge etc - I'm reading the knock dual carriage way isn't good

I've never had any problems parking or indeed worries for that matter - I'm just very nervous if I hit a road block. It's a long walk home...

johnnymonaghan

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:27 pm

MrsP wrote:Rodders,

Did you encounter any problems last weekend?

And have you found a ladder or a boat?

Hi Mrs P.... no didn't see a fleg protest anywhere...was very disappointed indeed. In fact I've seen more up this way.... Rolling Eyes

Hopefully the protest will keep a few away and I can sneak into the terrace.... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:29 pm

As far as I know the Police have been sorting out the roads so you are unlikely to come up against the great unwashed rioter yourself. The biggest problem is likely to be slow traffic if roads are blocked.

The Knock bit is fine, it's the Shaw's Bridge bit that has been a problem as far as I know.

If you came off at Stockman's Lane as usual and headed down the Malone Road instead of up towards the House of Sport you should be fine. Then down the Stranmillis Road, across the River and up Sunnyside Street onto the Ormeau Road.

The traffic will be a pain at that time on a Friday but you are heading in plenty of time.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:32 pm

That's good to hear Rodders.

Haven't seen a thing myself either but I can understand folk being nervous.

I'm hoping the eejits will all be too busy celebrating the Festive season to worry abou blocking any roads.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:37 pm

Yeah these things always seem worse on TV ...in fact a wee tip for any visitors to Belfast.... if you can't find a parking spot I got a grand spot outside Anna Lo's constituency office last week..... Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December - Page 3 3513163098
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:37 pm

MrsP wrote:Only an Ulsterman could describe the end of the World as "inconvenient"!

laughing

Well it's an important interview MrsP and you just know Translink would take it as a chance to take the day off making travel hard. Mind you my cousin is in Australia and he assures me they are all still alive so maybe theres nothing of it lol

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:39 pm

rodders wrote:Yeah these things always seem worse on TV ...in fact a wee tip for any visitors to Belfast.... if you can't find a parking spot I got a grand spot outside Anna Lo's constituency office last week..... Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December - Page 3 3513163098

Laugh Yeah heard if you get to one of those roadblocks the nice people take your car and park it for you like valets

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:42 pm

Aparently there is a list of trouble pots somewhere but I can't find it.

Anyone else know who publishes it?

Or is it the eejits themselves?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:44 pm

Safest spot in Belfast Neil half the Belfast PSNI were parked beside us.... Wink
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:45 pm

johnnymonaghan wrote:It's going to be an interesting battle up front - can ulster handle Leinster's back row? Robbie D is getting a huge opportunity to impress

If ulster get enough ball at the breakdown, I reckon they can do some damage

Speaking of damage - I was hoping to travel up from down "mekeeko way" arriving at ravers around 5.30ish - do you reckon my Monaghan reg will be ok bearing in mind the 6pm road blocks etc? Am I insane for even trying? I have to travel back straight after the game heading for Newry - beginning to think I should stay at home ?

I think you should come. The trouble (street violence) is hyper localised to certain streets. Wider protests have been peaceful if intimidating and inconvenient.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:50 pm

rodders wrote:Safest spot in Belfast Neil half the Belfast PSNI were parked beside us.... Wink

They must have heard you were coming Rodders and paid you the respect you deserve Smile

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:01 pm

JohnnyM,

If you need any further advice just shout.

You know where the Park and Ride is, don't you?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnymonaghan Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:10 pm

Thanks folks -you've convinced me ...lets hope our back row turn up too

johnnymonaghan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:11 pm

thumbsup

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:22 pm

neilthom7 wrote:
rodders wrote:Safest spot in Belfast Neil half the Belfast PSNI were parked beside us.... Wink

They must have heard you were coming Rodders and paid you the respect you deserve Smile

Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December - Page 3 3513163098
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:49 pm

MrsP wrote:Which route would you usually take from the Motorway JM?

I know there was some issue with a Road Block on the Milltown Road at around teatime some days last week so that might be one to avoid. If you have concerns about the car (it has never been an issue as far as I know) then park in the Ardenlee Ave "Park and Ride". It is vey safe and a wee bus will ferry you round to the ground and back although it is an easy walk.

Traffic is likely to be a bit mad anyway as it's the Friday before Christmas and there are likely to be a lot of folks out at works dos etc.

We will be travelling via our traditional route. I will be starting from the Milltown road. (no, really) Meeting my worshipful brethren in the city centre, and driving north and crossing the Boyne before 15:00.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:56 pm

Might spot you in laverys beer tent for a guinness Jen....

Oh yeah ok, I have to ask...... does anyone else find the service in there unbelievably slow?....... censored
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:04 am

Good news the world hasn't ended
well there goes leinsters last chance Whistle

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:20 am

The world would have ended when Bod created space in Ravenhill. But as he's not playing.......It will end when Sean O'Brien hits Nick Williams with enough force to create a rift in the spacetime continuum.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Fri 21 Dec 2012, 1:08 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:The world would have ended when Bod created space in Ravenhill. But as he's not playing.......It will end when Sean O'Brien hits Nick Williams with enough force to create a rift in the spacetime continuum.

and finds himself on the floor as willims scores Whistle

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Fri 21 Dec 2012, 9:10 am

Wouldnt it be great for the 2 sets of supporters to encircle the protesters and blast them out of the way with a massively stirring rendition of SUFTUM...

Ulsters lads could sing and the Leinster lads could hum the melody and add backing vocals....

There would be no words to counter...

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 21 Dec 2012, 9:16 am

T'would be a glorious sight to behold indeed Boyne.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:07 am

Ulsters lads could sing and the Leinster lads could hum the melody and add backing vocals....

Laugh
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:47 am

Interesting to hear genuine ex-player thoughts on issues like on the Joe.ie rugby podcast.

Jerry Flannery, whilst praising Ulster's recruitment in recent years said

"I knew Botha was a class act when we played against him at Ulster. When we signed him I was like 'haha suckers!'. Then they signed Afoa. And he has been phenomenal."

For the record, him and Mal are also quite open about their reluctance to praise Ulster. They know they have to give credit where credit is due, but they don't hide the fact that they would rather avoid talking about our success.

Hopefully we give the other provinces more to avoid talking about after tonight...

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:56 am

Yeah, the rivalry between the provinces is one of the things holding back the national team for sure. I'm sure there are a number of players who find it hard to put it behind them in camp and therefore only really excel at provincial level.

Flannery is particularly amusing to me as any time he has to say something nice about Ulster he looks like he's just been asked to suck on a whole bucket of lemons. I love that. And I would love to put one over on Leinster tonight too, probably as much or more as any test victory for Ireland. Which is part of the problem.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:22 am

I've had a chat with Nostrodamus.

Gave the Delphic Oracle a bell.

Mystic Meg has stirred her tea leaves.

All three concur.

The Northern star is in the ascendant. Eastern promise will present nothing harder than a bar of Turkish Delight.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:27 am

Brendan Gleeson > Liam Neeson

Oh, you can officially consider it to be OOOOOOOOOOOOON.

Ulster team initiating going down mode in t minus 8hrs, 38mins and counting...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:38 am

The Mayan's weren't actually predicting the destruction of the entire planet, they were actually predicting the desctruction of the Ulster team. By Leinster.

#GoingDown

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:38 am

Ulster are going to go down so hard, that Ron Jeremy will want to work with them.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:39 am

Needless to say I can't think about tonights game without thinking about the Leinster fan who approached me at Twickenham after full-time. We hadn't chatted previously , he just saw my shirt came straight over to me and said "Yous didn't deserve to be here, I don't know how your got to the final"

I wonder if they will let me into the changing room to tell the lads this story before the game. Then they will all be totally psyched, there will be screaming and yelling, and I'll slap each one of them on the ass as they head out of the changing room to tear Leinster apart.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:47 am

Shocked

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:48 am

MrsP wrote: Shocked

You are LOVING that visual image MrsP, I can tell.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:52 am

Eh...it's more that I was wondering if I should phone UR and warn them.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:56 am

clivemcl wrote:Needless to say I can't think about tonights game without thinking about the Leinster fan who approached me at Twickenham after full-time. We hadn't chatted previously , he just saw my shirt came straight over to me and said "Yous didn't deserve to be here, I don't know how your got to the final"I wonder if they will let me into the changing room to tell the lads this story before the game. Then they will all be totally psyched, there will be screaming and yelling, and I'll slap each one of them on the ass as they head out of the changing room to tear Leinster apart.

Totally out of order. As a Leinster supporter I apologise on behalf of the minority of idiots that make it onto the bandwagon (it has been squeaking of late). That line would have been more applicable to Leinster back then, as it was only Fofana's elbow that got us into the final and by right you could argue ASM deserved to be there instead of us -- it really was the finest of margins.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:58 am

Just reading that Payne will be granted a fortnight off when the Six Nations starts

surly thats the time we'll need him most games against Ulster v Ospreys,maybe missing Zebre.

But with our internationals all missing is this not the game we would need him most?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:01 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:
clivemcl wrote:Needless to say I can't think about tonights game without thinking about the Leinster fan who approached me at Twickenham after full-time. We hadn't chatted previously , he just saw my shirt came straight over to me and said "Yous didn't deserve to be here, I don't know how your got to the final"I wonder if they will let me into the changing room to tell the lads this story before the game. Then they will all be totally psyched, there will be screaming and yelling, and I'll slap each one of them on the ass as they head out of the changing room to tear Leinster apart.

Totally out of order. As a Leinster supporter I apologise on behalf of the minority of idiots that make it onto the bandwagon (it has been squeaking of late). That line would have been more applicable to Leinster back then, as it was only Fofana's elbow that got us into the final and by right you could argue ASM deserved to be there instead of us -- it really was the finest of margins.

clap
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:08 pm

Of course lads, i know better that to let one guy tarnish my view of EVERY Leinster fan. You are all lovely lads. But tonight, just tonight, I want our team to embarass your team. And if it made you cry. Well I'd be ok with that.

Run

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:19 pm

I wouldn't worry about what one fan said, cos I'm sure there's going to be plenty of embrassing Ulster fans jumping on the wagon already and over the next few years, so we can just ignore each others embrassing fans.

I don't think Leinster fans or any other fans should apolgise on their behalf, as I'm not going to apolgise for these Ulster fans, we all big enough to know you get gobshites in all walks of life.

We all get them, and we are all embrassed by them, any fan will not let it affect there opinion of the great majority of that teams supports, and the great majority don't have to apolgise for them.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:24 pm

Very embarrassed to hear that Clive, I know Notch had a few problems with some douchebag in the RDS before. Infuriating.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:34 pm

operation lash the nordies phase one.

point blue car in a northerly direction........check.

may have to go off the air for a while to drive.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:37 pm

Does that mean we can all talk about Jenny since he can't "hear" us?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next