The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December

+31
doctor_grey
Standulstermen
Ozzy3213
valjester
asoreleftshoulder
WillyGilly
Gibson
Pot Hale
johnnymonaghan
UlstermaninGlasgow
Artful_Dodger
rodders
Cari
Golden
LeinsterFan4life
the-goon
Don Alfonso
Glas a du
toml
Thomond
The Great Aukster
Notch
Jenifer McLadyboy
neilthom7
thebandwagonsociety
Kingshu
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Mickado
BoyneRFC
clivemcl
MrsP
35 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December - Page 4 Empty Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December

Post by MrsP Tue 18 Dec 2012, 10:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Back to Rabo Pro 12 action this weekend at Ravenhill when we host our nearest and dearest neighbours, the Boys in Blue.

Ulster's unbeaten run has ended but they are still in prime position in both league and Cup competitions...for now. Leinster have had a more mixed bag in both competitions so far but have by far the better record in this head to head battle.

Both teams have fresh injuries from their HEC matches at the weekend as well as longer term absences of significant personel.

Who is coming up to Belfast for the game? What kind of teams will the coaches put out? Who will be available?

The match has been sold out for quite a while so if you don't have your mitts on a ticket you'd better be near a telly come 7pm.

The Teams

Ulster

J Payne;
A Trimble,
D Cave,
L Marshall,
C Gilroy;
P Jackson,
R Pienaar;
------------
(1-8):
T Court,
R Best,
J Afoa,
I Henderson,
N McComb,
R Diack,
C Henry (c)
N Williams;
------------
Replacements (16-23):
R Herring,
C Black,
A Macklin,
A O'Connor,
R Wilson,
P Marshall,
P Wallace,
A D'Arcy.

LEINSTER:

15:Noel Reid
14: Andrew Conway
13: Brendan Macken
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Fergus McFadden
10: Ian Madigan
9: Eoin Reddan

1: Cian Healy
2: Sean Cronin
3: Michael Bent
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Devin Toner
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Sean O'Brien
8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Aaron Dundon
17: Heinke van der Merwe
18: Jamie Hagan
19: Tom Denton
20: Rhys Ruddock
21: Isaac Boss
22: Andrew Goodman
23: Adam Byrne

Last edited by MrsP on Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:15 am; edited 2 times in total

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December - Page 4 Empty Re: Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December

Post by Mickado Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:37 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:operation lash the nordies phase one.

point blue car in a northerly direction........check.

may have to go off the air for a while to drive.

Pfff! Part timer.

I’ll watch out for ya on the box Jen, be loud!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December - Page 4 Empty Re: Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December

Post by MrsP Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:44 pm

Yeah!

That's the spirit Bikkies!

Whatdathink the chances are of you hearing Jenny in a full Ravenhill?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:57 pm

Ok, latest I'm hearing is that Loyalist protestors are planning to try and bring the province to a standstill at 6pm tonight.

5pm protests planned for the Ravenhill Road.

This is a very co-ordinated attempt to cause the maximum amount of disruption to rugby fans. It probably just burns them up inside that there'll be a game between two Irish sides at Ravenhill in a peaceable atmosphere.

I'm so angry right now. Why should our daily lives be disrupted by fascists? They're trying to intimidate us- are they too stupid to know they've won and are now being manipulated by the DUP/Sinn Fein divide and rule folks on the hill so they don't have to get out of their depth talking about actual issues?

Everyone going to the game, leave a couple of hours earlier I'd say.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 21 Dec 2012, 1:00 pm

The bricks they may bleed and the rain it may weep
And the damp Lagan fog lulls the city to sleep.
It's to Hell with the future, we'll live in the past
May the Lord in his mercy be kind to Belfast

Hopefully Ulster can show the good side of this country tonight with another performance to be proud of.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Fri 21 Dec 2012, 1:02 pm

Bit worried about this one.

We're down to our fourth choice lock, who'll be paired with a twenty-year-old blindside being played in the second row.

They'll only marginally be better than Leo and Devin...

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 21 Dec 2012, 1:13 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:operation go on the lash with the nordies, phase one.

point blue car in a northerly direction........check.

may have to go off the air for a while to drive.

Corrected it for you

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 21 Dec 2012, 1:16 pm

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/Rabodirect-PRO12/sextons-withdrawal-strips-the-magic-from-ravenhill-derby-shootout-3333240.html

along comes Declan Kidney with his best 'Scrooge' hat on and away goes the magic. Jonathan Sexton has been withdrawn from the Leinster line-up .....what was an eagerly anticipated clash has become diluted and the Pro12's reputation suffers once again.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 21 Dec 2012, 1:19 pm

laughing

I think the Ravenhill Road thing is down at the lower (city) end of that road and is not really anywhere close to the Stadium.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Fri 21 Dec 2012, 1:23 pm

Mickado wrote:The Mayan's weren't actually predicting the destruction of the entire planet, they were actually predicting the desctruction of the Ulster team. By Leinster.

#GoingDown

If the Mayans were that good at predicting things there would still be Mayans

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Fri 21 Dec 2012, 1:28 pm

Kingshu wrote:http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/Rabodirect-PRO12/sextons-withdrawal-strips-the-magic-from-ravenhill-derby-shootout-3333240.html

along comes Declan Kidney with his best 'Scrooge' hat on and away goes the magic. Jonathan Sexton has been withdrawn from the Leinster line-up .....what was an eagerly anticipated clash has become diluted and the Pro12's reputation suffers once again.

If I'm honest, Jonny deserves to spend a match in the stands after the bit of petulance last week. They are also quiet on a couple of knocks he's carrying.

I'd argue that Madigan will give Leinster a far more attacking stance as he is a better distributor of the ball. Sexton would be using his superior kicking game (to Madigan).

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 21 Dec 2012, 1:30 pm

Really? You think that predicting the downfall of their civilization would have saved it?

That’s a interesting philosophical argument, however, right now, I can’t hear you over the sound of going down coming from you.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Fri 21 Dec 2012, 1:33 pm

I've realised something because the Mayans were wrong, Leinster have orchestrated the protest to stop the game from going ahead, I seen Leo the Lion hanging round Ravenhill earlier pitching the idea. I'm on to you Leinster.
I know for sure I will be there protest or no protest they aren't going to stop me from watching the match

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 21 Dec 2012, 1:34 pm

MrsP wrote:Yeah!

That's the spirit Bikkies!

Whatdathink the chances are of you hearing Jenny in a full Ravenhill?
fair to good.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 21 Dec 2012, 1:51 pm

Kingshu wrote:http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/Rabodirect-PRO12/sextons-withdrawal-strips-the-magic-from-ravenhill-derby-shootout-3333240.html

Whats the solution? These guys can't play every week. And we have the derbies right in between two blocks of Heineken Cup fixtures. The way the season is, provinces pretty much have to rest players for at least one derby.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 21 Dec 2012, 2:10 pm

One minute Leinster are talking up MAdigan (and rightly so), next minute they are saying the team is weakened considerably because you have to play Madigan instead of Sexton.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 21 Dec 2012, 2:19 pm

I think Notch, that it was DK's decision to rest him rather than Josef Schmidt would be the bone of contention.

Altough i would be fine if it was DK saying you have to rest him for one out of the two games, and left the decision to Josef Schmidt which one.

but it does push the view the clash has become diluted and the Pro12's reputation suffers once again.

While I think that it will be a great game, and know players will be rested at certain times it does give ammo to the Pro 12 bashers.

Would much rather resting was left up to the provinicial coach to decide more.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 3:14 pm

Leinstuur with a near All-Irish squad. The team is all IQ.

So lets hope the Irish win this one tonight. And I strongly include Ulster in that. Lets show the rest the best part of Irish rugby. Our Oneness, despite the ignorance of others. I was really aware of it at Twickers. It was class. An occasion I never thought I' d ever witness in my lifetime and one I´ll never forget.

Phhok the Begrudgers.

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 21 Dec 2012, 3:26 pm

I don't think the protests are so much trying to disrupt the rugby, that just everything in Belfast last friday before Christmas, won't be surprised if more was planned on saturday, ment to be biggest shopping day of the year.

Anyway, I'm watching this one on TV either pub or home not sure yet, and having a night out in Belfast won't effect me one bit.

Think someone was looking for a pub, the Fly/Stratch/taphouse whatever its called now (think its back to being the fly?) is pretty good. Black eye friday today as well, some be some craic.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 21 Dec 2012, 3:27 pm

clivemcl wrote:One minute Leinster are talking up MAdigan (and rightly so), next minute they are saying the team is weakened considerably because you have to play Madigan instead of Sexton.
Madigan is a great talent but of course the team is weakend without Sexton there. Madigan still has a way to go to be considered in the same league as sexton.
Also Mads has been playing at 15 for most of the season, so he'll be a bit rusty in the 10 position.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 21 Dec 2012, 3:54 pm

Kingshu wrote:I don't think the protests are so much trying to disrupt the rugby, that just everything in Belfast last friday before Christmas, won't be surprised if more was planned on saturday, ment to be biggest shopping day of the year.

The protests are; Ravenhill Road, Cregagh Road and planned to coincide with the times most people will be in transit.

They are meticulously planning to cause the maximum amount of disruption to everyone as they can. Fortunately they are small in number, but majorly annoying.

http://www.belfastdaily.co.uk/2012/12/18/union-flag-protests-to-continue-until-xmas-eve-as-part-of-operation-shutdown/

Essentially stomping their little fascist feet and making veiled threats until they get their own hyper-right wing ersatz version of Irish Britishness back. It infuriates me that it could affect the rugby and especially visiting Leinster supporters.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 21 Dec 2012, 5:08 pm

Okay,

Just home from a fair jaunt around the important areas of the Capital and the traffic was moving well with no signs of Spides!!!!

Drove most of the route I recommended to JM and if was clear as a bell apart from the fog!

On a less happy note I did pass a woman in a sparkly red cowboy hat! All I will say is that she had better have been making her way to some festive work function rather than Ravenhill!!!!!!!

This is NOT Cardiff!!!!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:19 pm

Just home from Ravenhill road area myself. Traffic moving fine. Fog is pretty desperate though.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:31 pm

MrsP wrote:Okay,

Just home from a fair jaunt around the important areas of the Capital and the traffic was moving well with no signs of Spides!!!!

Drove most of the route I recommended to JM and if was clear as a bell apart from the fog!

On a less happy note I did pass a woman in a sparkly red cowboy hat! All I will say is that she had better have been making her way to some festive work function rather than Ravenhill!!!!!!!

This is NOT Cardiff!!!!

OI! What's Cardiff ever done to you!? Blackpool is a million times worse than here, and there are places up and down the UK that will be just as bad if not worse.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:07 pm

George Hamilton is after getting caught up by the protests and isnt there for KO. Stadiums looks full enough though thankfully

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:09 pm

Cari wrote:
MrsP wrote:Okay,

This is NOT Cardiff!!!!

OI! What's Cardiff ever done to you!? Blackpool is a million times worse than here, and there are places up and down the UK that will be just as bad if not worse.

Yeah I know. Ive been to Lllanelli. Twice now. That's askin for it really. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:15 pm

MON Leinster! We need to show who are the real Kings Of Ireland.

Let it rip.

Last edited by Gibson on Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:16 pm

Already been some afters between Leo and Court. Blondie should know better
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:18 pm

I'd have Leo ahead by an ear. Or two. Maybe even 3.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:19 pm

Go Madigan. Build on it son. Show yer stuff.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:20 pm

Can you keep scores lads? I'm watching the Welsh derby on the Welsh telly for Welsh people...iechyd da! Ulster v Leinster Friday 21st December - Page 4 3602195817

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:23 pm

Its official. This game is now the top Irish provincial joust. Its close to HC level. In the PRO12. That says it all. Commitment is there for all to see.

Next year in NLR lads?

P.S. Jared Payne is a roide. He's the new Isa.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:25 pm

McFadden is in the form of his life. Love to see him moved to 12 this year. Its time.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:27 pm

Take that Sexton!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:29 pm

Great kick Jackson. The boy is growing up.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:31 pm

Wooo. Missed pen by Jackson. That could tell.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:33 pm

Brilliant scrum by Ulster! Big-Ears complains in vain.

This is gettin good.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:34 pm

Man Jackson. Well done son. There was intense pressure on that kick. Memories of Twickers. The lad has the Right Stuff.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:36 pm

The Welsh in me hates Irish refs. Specially Munster refs.

Rory Best Rocks.

Last edited by Gibson on Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:36 pm

What a scrum!!!

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:38 pm

Bent is a very strange prop,seems very good in the scrum when he comes on in the 2nd half but as starter doesn't seem up to it at all.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:38 pm

Game ON!

Lovin this lads.

SUFTLM.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:39 pm

McFadden will score in this game. For sure. Leinster starting to look sexshy again.

Man, what could have been... Ah weel. Timing eh?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:42 pm

Sublime hands by Ulster! Leinsteresque even.

The PRO12 Rocks!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:44 pm

Poor from Reid there

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:44 pm

This is phhokin attritional. Man.

The oldest foes are the best ones.

My mate Rory is havin a blinder.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:45 pm

Pen try Ulster. It was coming.

As I was sayin... Rory Rocks. Born leader.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:46 pm

C'mon ULSTER!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:51 pm

Yikes leinsters scrum is not up to t at all.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:53 pm

Get outta MY Kunntry! zen
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:56 pm

Ulster locks done good. Afoa is well worth de shakels.

But ye feicers are goin down in the 2nd half. We are on de boil.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next