The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Herioc Nadal confirms return to tennis

+27
Danny_1982
sirfredperry
ryan86
lorus59
Spaghetti-Hans
time please
lydian
socal1976
laverfan
newballs
JuliusHMarx
Haddie-nuff
djlovesyou
HM Murdock
banbrotam
super_realist
lags72
FMKK
bogbrush
LuvSports!
Henman Bill
gboycottnut
CaledonianCraig
carrieg4
invisiblecoolers
hawkeye
User 774433
31 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Herioc Nadal confirms return to tennis - Page 3 Empty Herioc Nadal confirms return to tennis

Post by User 774433 Tue 15 Jan - 21:13

First topic message reminder :

Golden Career Grand Slam Holder 11-time Winner Rafael Nadal has confirmed he will enter the Chile Open, which starts on 4th February.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/01/Features/Nadal-To-Play-At-Vina-del-Mar.aspx

Earlier he accepted a wildcard to return at the Brazil Open, which starts on 11th February but has not also confirmed he is playing Chile too, which starts a week earlier.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/01/Features/Nadal-Set-For-Sao-Paulo-Next-Month.aspx

This comes as a surprise considering Nadal was meant to return for the Mexican Open later in February, but he has been feeling good in training and hence pre-poned his return.

Rafael Nadal, founder of the charity 'Rafael Nadal Foundation', helps to provide an opportunity for children and adolescents with disabilities, those coming from underprivileged surroundings and those limited by an unfortunate family environment, who run the risk of being excluded from society. His three projects include: Vicente Ferrer Foundation in Antapur, India; the Special Olympics; and the Aldeas Infantiles SOS. His work in India was noted worldwide, as the Rafael Nadal foundation set up tennis schools which also provided education; for children of all ages and backgrounds.

OK

Amritia3ee

Last edited by Red on Sun 31 Mar - 16:13; edited 8 times in total

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Herioc Nadal confirms return to tennis - Page 3 Empty Re: Herioc Nadal confirms return to tennis

Post by lags72 Fri 1 Feb - 18:59

Well my appeal for a bit of goodwill clearly didn't strike a chord there.

But then we do live in a cynical world I guess, so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Herioc Nadal confirms return to tennis - Page 3 Empty Re: Herioc Nadal confirms return to tennis

Post by socal1976 Fri 1 Feb - 19:05

It is so nice to see a double digit slam winner in the mold of Laver, Borg, Emerson, and Sampras who exemplifies humility and good sportsmanship.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Fri 1 Feb - 19:11

OK

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 1 Feb - 19:11

socal1976 wrote:It is so nice to see a double digit slam winner in the mold of Laver, Borg, Emerson, and Sampras who exemplifies humility and good sportsmanship.
Oh, eh..... oh wait, I see what you did there! You mean like, oh boy! Laugh
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 1 Feb - 19:12

It Must Be Love wrote:OK
Oh c'mon amrit, stop panicking.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 1 Feb - 19:16

bogbrush wrote:
socal1976 wrote:It is so nice to see a double digit slam winner in the mold of Laver, Borg, Emerson, and Sampras who exemplifies humility and good sportsmanship.
Oh, eh..... oh wait, I see what you did there! You mean like, oh boy! Laugh

All of those double digit slam winners were exemplary gentleman who maintained their gentlemanly qualities despite the eventual and inevitable diminishing of their skills and they deserve special mention as champions and sportsmen.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Fri 1 Feb - 19:25

Especially Borg.

I always thought his long argument with the umpire was indeed exemplary and worthy of special mention.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=amG_wgdh44U

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 1 Feb - 19:29

lags72 wrote:Especially Borg.

I always thought his long argument with the umpire was indeed exemplary and worthy of special mention.

Who is now maintaining the balance sheet for each player and awarding Edberg award? Run

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 1 Feb - 19:33

Lags this is beneath your typical standard to try to tear down a great and humble champion like Borg. Must we all be sacrificed on the alter of Federer? Is nothing sacred? As I have said the facade of the great sportsmen died for me the second he yelled into Djoko's box, despite whatever their conduct was, a true sportsmen one of those great champions I mentioned would have addressed their commentary to the umpire. Funny, Rafa has played Novak almost as much as Roger and he never went abusive towards Novak's mother. If a grown man yelling at someone's mother instead of addressing his grievances through proper channels is sportsmanship well then I think we have twisted and perverted the entire meaning of the word.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 1 Feb - 19:45

Ah, poor mummy (and Daddy)Djokovic!

It was a public service, the idiots haven't been heard from since.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 1 Feb - 19:53

socal1976 wrote:

Lags this is beneath your typical standard to try to tear down a great and humble champion like Borg. Must we all be sacrificed on the alter of Federer? Is nothing sacred? As I have said the facade of the great sportsmen died for me the second he yelled into Djoko's box, despite whatever their conduct was, a true sportsmen one of those great champions I mentioned would have addressed their commentary to the umpire. Funny, Rafa has played Novak almost as much as Roger and he never went abusive towards Novak's mother. If a grown man yelling at someone's mother instead of addressing his grievances through proper channels is sportsmanship well then I think we have twisted and perverted the entire meaning of the word.

Oh the irony Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 1 Feb - 19:57

I know Emancipator, I like to be a bit ironic at times. I am glad you caught it.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 1 Feb - 19:58

bogbrush wrote:Ah, poor mummy (and Daddy)Djokovic!

It was a public service, the idiots haven't been heard from since.

Yes federer yelling at a woman and mother of another player gets put down as public service. With accounting tricks like this no wonder he keeps winning all those edberg awards for his "public service".

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 1 Feb - 20:05

Yeah, if only she'd been a loud mouthed yob with no class calling out lines it would have been understandable.

Oh wait......
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 1 Feb - 20:07

Did he go to the umpire before that outburst, because I missed that part? Maybe he should have done us all a PUBLIC SERVICE and just slapped her across the face 1950s hollywood movie style?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 1 Feb - 20:13

Herioc Nadal confirms return to tennis - Page 3 237

This thread is not about Federer or Djokovic for goodness sake !!

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 1 Feb - 20:20

socal1976 wrote:Did he go to the umpire before that outburst, because I missed that part? Maybe he should have done us all a PUBLIC SERVICE and just slapped her across the face 1950s hollywood movie style?
Repeat it three times, then you'll believe it.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 1 Feb - 20:26

Haddie-nuff wrote:Herioc Nadal confirms return to tennis - Page 3 237

This thread is not about Federer or Djokovic for goodness sake !!

EVERY thread is about Fed or Djoko!

No, seriously, I will delete posts on this thread that are not in someway related to Rafa or good charitable work of other players.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 1 Feb - 20:27

Thank you Julius

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 2 Feb - 10:25

In an attempt to inject some positivity which is sadly missing on this forum at the moment I thought this, for those who are not aware of existence, is an example of one retired player attempting to put something back into the game he loved. You can google a YouTube clip he really has made a wonderful job of this and done an equivalent to Andre Agassi´s Academy in Vegas

http://www.equelite.com/index.asp?cambiaridioma=11

Hopefully this will spur on another generation of Spanish players

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Sat 2 Feb - 10:40

Haddie-nuff wrote: In an attempt to inject some positivity which is sadly missing on this forum at the moment I thought this, for those who are not aware of existence, is an example of one retired player attempting to put something back into the game he loved. You can google a YouTube clip he really has made a wonderful job of this and done an equivalent to Andre Agassi´s Academy in Vegas

http://www.equelite.com/index.asp?cambiaridioma=11

Hopefully this will spur on another generation of Spanish players

Good for Ferrero, always like to see former players doing this sort of thing. I was hoping it would be Carlos Moya, I like seeing pictures of him Very Happy

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 2 Feb - 10:52

Carlos Moya does run a Tennis Academy but Im not sure if it is his

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Sat 2 Feb - 11:19

I don't read Spanish very well but I wasn't really looking at the words heart

http://www.sdtennisacademy.es/la-academia/carlos-moya/

Last edited by carrieg4 on Sat 2 Feb - 12:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to include the link)

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 2 Feb - 11:54

When's he playing again? The day I mean.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 2 Feb - 12:03

Who Rafa?

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 4 Feb - 2:33

Nadal is scheduled to play a first-round doubles match with Argentine Juan Monaco on Tuesday against the second-seeded Czech team of Frantisek Cermak and Lukas Dlouhy. His singles campaign will begin Wednesday, following a first-round bye as the top seed.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/02/5/Nadal-Comeback-Expectations-Chile.aspx

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Tue 5 Feb - 18:39

Rafael Nadal to play today in doubles, with Bobgrush's favourite player Juan Monaco.
One day Monaco and Granollers will play doubles and that will be Bogbrush's dream team, he'll probably put a massive poster of them together on the entrance of the office which he is the boss off.

For now anyway:
Herioc Nadal confirms return to tennis - Page 3 53158810

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Tue 5 Feb - 21:05

HE'S ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 5 Feb - 21:12

It Must Be Love wrote:Rafael Nadal to play today in doubles, with Bobgrush's favourite player Juan Monaco.
One day Monaco and Granollers will play doubles and that will be Bogbrush's dream team, he'll probably put a massive poster of them together on the entrance of the office which he is the boss off.

For now anyway:
Herioc Nadal confirms return to tennis - Page 3 53158810
I am not the boss of an office! steam

And it's Lydian who can't stand Granollers. I think he's great. Whistle
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Tue 5 Feb - 21:34

Company, office same thing Whistle

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Tue 5 Feb - 21:39

Nadal holds his serve.
Chilean children are ecstatic.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 5 Feb - 21:39

Live feed?

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 5 Feb - 21:46

Oh lord, did someone HAVE to mention Tumbleweed Granollers? The human form of an agricultural machine on court.

Companies and offices are very different things IMBL...not all companies are office based, and not all office based people are in companies.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 5 Feb - 21:54

Rafa/Pico win 1st set 6-3
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 5 Feb - 21:56

LK there are live feeds on www.streamhunter.eu I think.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Tue 5 Feb - 21:57

hows he looked lydian?

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Tue 5 Feb - 22:27

6-3, 6-2 Very Happy

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Tue 5 Feb - 22:40

Should imagine it feels very good to have the first match under his belt.

I see on the ATP site that a young 16 year old Chilean, Christian Garin, won his first ever ATP match after practicing with Nadal on Friday - a star for the future?

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Tue 5 Feb - 23:29

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/02/most-controversial-knees-ever/46312/#.URGTMmdjbEd

Nothing that hasn't been discussed here endlessly, but interesting piece just ahead of the start of the VTR tournament, speculating on the way the Nadal team have released news of the knee, mixed messages and whether some of the pessimism about how The Knee will react over the next few weeks could be Rafa's way of signalling that he will play a very reduced schedule from now on.

Good to have him back anyway, though I agree with the central part of the argument that there have still been some great tennis stories from the time of his second round defeat at W.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 6 Feb - 0:04

time please wrote:http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/02/most-controversial-knees-ever/46312/#.URGTMmdjbEd

Nothing that hasn't been discussed here endlessly, but interesting piece just ahead of the start of the VTR tournament, speculating on the way the Nadal team have released news of the knee, mixed messages and whether some of the pessimism about how The Knee will react over the next few weeks could be Rafa's way of signalling that he will play a very reduced schedule from now on.

Good to have him back anyway, though I agree with the central part of the argument that there have still been some great tennis stories from the time of his second round defeat at W.

Personally I thought that was a spiteful little article. Not surprisingly since it's written by Peter Bodo who spends way too much time writing spiteful little articles about Nadal. He reckons most tennis fans have moved on and quickly forgotten about Nadal? But not him though... Ha ha!

Admit I found a feed to watch some of the first round doubles (so that must make me a fan)... it was fun to watch Nadal play again.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 6 Feb - 0:10

how did he look HE? Even though im not a fan, it is good to have him back and hopefully healthy!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaghetti-Hans Wed 6 Feb - 0:15

Dear God....

He's not actually back is he? We thought we'd seen the last of him!

Rolling Eyes

No need to worry, our patron Roger Federer - aided and abetted by Juan Martin Del Potro, a soon-to-return Robin Soderling and Lukas Rosol - will simply vanquish him once more.

thumbsup

Spaghetti-Hans

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 6 Feb - 0:18

Yes because we witnessed all those tear drenched vanquishing Roger handed Nadal in grandslam finals.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 6 Feb - 0:23

LuvSports. He looked like he was having fun. When I first found the stream Monaco was serving and Nadal poached 4 volley winners in a row so he looked good then. But difficult to judge movement in doubles so might get a better idea after he's played singles.

Nice to hear a Federer fan pleased to have him back. Federer has got nothing to fear from Nadal but there is always the prospect of them both putting on a few more shows. Who cares who wins...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaghetti-Hans Wed 6 Feb - 0:40

socal1976 wrote:Yes because we witnessed all those tear drenched vanquishing Roger handed Nadal in grandslam finals.

Yes, Socal.

Even as ardent critics of Nadal's 'game', we couldn't help but feel for the limited Spaniard as our King embarrassed him in 2 consecutive Wimbledon Finals, feeding him a Swiss Bagel in front of the World, and ensuring that Nadal would finish his career with a losing record in Tennis SuperBowls.

In fact, we have heard from several well placed sources of ours, that Nadal was scared off Tour by the vicious 6-3 6-0 beating he took at the hands of the Fortunate One - Roger Federer - at the 2011 World Championships in the O2 Arena.

clap

Spaghetti-Hans

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 6 Feb - 0:46

Good to hear i want him back winning asap and i'm fed up of these damn murray djoko matches!

I think if he manages his schedule sensibly he can be a force once more.
Is there a way he can miss some masters events or is it mandatory?

Because I feel he should perhaps skip back to back events off the clay e.g. IW and miami, toronto and cincy and even shanghai and paris (skip paris).
Literally just keep the hc tournies down to a minimum if poss.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 6 Feb - 0:47

seriously spag bowl, it really isn't wise going to the rafa-roger head to head, it can only end badly there, just stay well clear and stick to the slam count! Wink

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 6 Feb - 1:09

Good to see Monaco/Nadal win their doubles. Cool

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaghetti-Hans Wed 6 Feb - 1:16

laverfan wrote:Good to see Monaco/Nadal win their doubles. Cool

Why, may we ask?

thumbsup

Spaghetti-Hans

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 6 Feb - 1:22

Spaghetti-Hans wrote:
laverfan wrote:Good to see Monaco/Nadal win their doubles. Cool

Why, may we ask?

thumbsup

I have been arguing about Eras, SH. I would prefer Nadal's absence does not harken another Wee Keira debate. Wink

Seriously though, it is good to see Nadal heal and play. It will take him some time to reach the top echelons, but he is a fierce competitor, and Fedal matches still can be a contrast of styles. Human nature likes stories with protagonists and antagonists. Which is which is subjective. Whistle

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next