The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Ballycastle Bar, Hong Kong.

+21
rodders
aucklandlaurie
ChequeredJersey
Rory_Gallagher
Gibson
UlstermaninGlasgow
littleswannygirl
Pete330v2
Luckless Pedestrian
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Thomond
WillyGilly
prop_lyd
MrsP
PenfroPete
Notch
red_stag
Cari
Hound of Harrow
Glas a du
Pal Joey
25 posters

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Ballycastle Bar, Hong Kong. - Page 3 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Ballycastle Bar, Hong Kong.

Post by Pal Joey Mon May 27, 2013 10:16 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Hong Kong, host city for the British & Irish Lions first Tour match before their arrival in Australia - land of the Giant Budgie Smuggler.

So grab a beer, cider, whiskey or wine.... or a warm beverage and sit back and enjoy the rugby.

Very Happy   guinness Hug  Ale   Yahoo Chef   coffee cuppa  cake  RedWine   cider clap

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Rory Best, Sam Warburton, the Limavady Luge Team, Papa Rodders, Mrs Rodders and our newest & sweetest member, Katelyn.  heart  Hug

last Pawb: https://www.606v2.com/t43001p1000-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-pyongyang

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:57 am; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Ballycastle Bar, Hong Kong. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Ballycastle Bar, Hong Kong.

Post by Glas a du Thu May 30, 2013 9:44 pm

Look at Beckham. He retires and you can't get a decent debate on him as a footballer. In a few years time the consensus will settle.

Wilkinson is a very significant rugby player. New Zealand had developed first nine seventeenths who could kick to win games and distribute standing flat. However Wilkinson did those things AND was the cornerstone of the whole team's defence. The Holy Trinity were so good because they trusted him as the first line of defence. Their reputations would not be what they are now if they had ROG or Aled Thomas behind them.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Ballycastle Bar, Hong Kong. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Ballycastle Bar, Hong Kong.

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu May 30, 2013 9:46 pm

If he was doing things no other player could do, I wouldn't have a problem. But he isn't doing anything all that remarkable at all. Against Saracens in the semi final, you'd be forgiven for thinking no one had ever kicked a penalty before.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu May 30, 2013 11:37 pm

Absolutely beeeeeautiful day in Belfast.

Just met MEFC and mrs MEFC. Lovely!

Scotty!!!!

How's you?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri May 31, 2013 1:11 am

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri May 31, 2013 2:12 am

The hairy bikers are some craic
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri May 31, 2013 3:49 am

Pete330v2 wrote:Helloooooo Y'all from sunny, warm Ireland. Three words that are unusual in the same sentence.

How's things here in the glorious 606 pub these days.

Scotty bud! Hug Good to see you. Hope all's well on Planet Scotty Very Happy

Evening anyone and everyone. coffee

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Fri May 31, 2013 4:12 am

Alright there Cari.

Looks like the 'Diff is gonna be getting some nice weather over the next few days.

I might have to support the Baa baas in Saturday. Three Waspies in the line up and coached by Dai. I'll wear a Wasps shirt for the day I guess.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri May 31, 2013 9:59 am

http://instagram.com/p/Z9BAssEcgP/

Hope that link works. Couple of great tshirts arrived for the tour today, which are bound to get me in trouble but still. Lovely hand written note came with them wishing me good luck for my travels which I thought was a nice touch!
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri May 31, 2013 5:42 pm

Bore da pawb / good morning all, thank Bounty it's Friday! Very Happy

Good work on the t-shirts, Willy! OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri May 31, 2013 7:33 pm

Bore da Pawb-sters. coffee

I had a little discovery tour near where I now live. About 1.5km away. It was a perfect last day of autumn... quite warm for this time of year!

They've got this amazing Japanese Garden complete with a large lake, tea house, waterfalls. Also a Reflection Pool, Scented Garden, Rose Garden, Australian Native Garden, Fauna Reserve, Aviary, a Billabong (pictures came out fuzzy so I left them out) and a few roos, wallabies, emus... and well fed ducks and geese.

Note the albino "Red-Necked Wallaby"... true, that's what they call them! It stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the emu but my crap phone camera had trouble with all the light reflecting off the little fella. Smile

Auburn Botanic Gardens Wallaby

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri May 31, 2013 7:41 pm

Looks beautiful, Breaker. The colour of the water!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri May 31, 2013 7:46 pm

Yeah, it looks surreal. Must be chlorine, no? Maybe not... just colour of the base of the ponds?

There was a very Japanese feel about it with the autumn leaves... but then you break out into the Aussie 'bush' again with it's distinctive aroma.

Those football fields are out the back. In this general area... we have about 50 of them. No kidding - mostly soccer, but also league, aussie rules, a really nice cricket ground with white picket fence and old granstand, bowling greens, tennis courts. It's out of control!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri May 31, 2013 7:50 pm

It's great that there's such a demand for football pitches. I suppose the climate helps!

Ready for the Lions tour, then? You've got a few regs coming over, haven't you?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri May 31, 2013 7:50 pm

Question: is there a difference in size, posts etc between RL and RU pitches.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri May 31, 2013 7:58 pm

Same size Staggy. Except for the "22" (the 20m is the 'quarter line' in RL) they simply divide it into 10m sections (just bars on the side) and only the half-way and 20m are painted across the field.

By the way, I asked the girl about Featherdale. She told me that they have a greater variety of animals and they are easy to pat because they were mostly born in captivity. Apparently you can pat the emu there which is quite unusual because they are quite timid birds. That funny sound they make (heard it again today)... it's like they are sending sound waves into the ground to scare out bugs... and then they pick them off. The roos were so lazy... just sunning themselves. They really love stretching out on those pebbles - like big hopping cats!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri May 31, 2013 8:01 pm

Great stuff Breaker.

Looking forward to our first 606 Meetup in Australia!!

OK so its just me, you, Hound (and now Rugbydreamer!!). Never know we might run into some of the others out there.

A few of us are going climbing Sydney Bridge on the 7th July so looking forward to that too.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri May 31, 2013 8:04 pm

Morning all.....gorgeous day here in Cardiff!! Getting excited for the match tomorrow now....got a pretty good weekend coming my way too so cider all round!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri May 31, 2013 8:06 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It's great that there's such a demand for football pitches. I suppose the climate helps!

Ready for the Lions tour, then? You've got a few regs coming over, haven't you?

Hound & Stag for one... plus how many others? An old BBC 606 chat buddy from 2007? will be here too. We keep in touch through FB.

I think also bluesmancometh is coming over. He wants to go for a surf... in winter? He needs to be very careful! It can get very rough and cold when the weather turns.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri May 31, 2013 8:11 pm

red_stag wrote:Great stuff Breaker.

Looking forward to our first 606 Meetup in Australia!!

OK so its just me, you, Hound (and now Rugbydreamer!!). Never know we might run into some of the others out there.

A few of us are going climbing Sydney Bridge on the 7th July so looking forward to that too.

That's my Mum's birthday. By the way - she offered to cook you guys are really nice roast meal (NZ style)... you're all welcome. She lives in the Northern suburbs... very nice area. We can kick a ball around beforehand at Lindfield Oval - where Stirling Mortlock, Cameron Blades... and yours truly used to play. We can work out a time - then hot foot it into the City after dinner. Takes about 20 mins (or less on a good night) and a spectacular view as you come down towards the Bridge. It would only be for a few hours if you are interested.

Last edited by Linebreaker on Fri May 31, 2013 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri May 31, 2013 8:13 pm

Breaker, I may very well take you up on that. It would have to be the 7th July as our Sydney schedule is pretty tight.

We arrive in from Cairns on 4th July. Some of us are going to Featherdale/Blue Mountains on the 5th and we have our dinner in Nicks that evening. 6th is obviously match day and we depart on 8th July. So 7th it would have to be though if its your Mums birthday she may have other plans.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri May 31, 2013 8:21 pm

She has no plans. If you can squeeze it in on the 7th that would be great - I can pick you guys up from the hotel late arvo/early evening, and we can head back when the night is still young. If we decide to go on a booze binge, I'll just park the car somewhere safe and pick it up the next day.

I realise the schedule is tight. Anyway, let the others know the offer is on and it would be a different experience - and you'd save a few $ too. Wink

Last edited by Linebreaker on Fri May 31, 2013 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri May 31, 2013 8:23 pm

I think it sounds epic. I'll mention it to the others.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri May 31, 2013 8:28 pm

Ah, the Tahs lose at the death.

Season was over early on in the season anyway. They were leading the Crusaders 10-22... then lose on the bell. 23-22.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri May 31, 2013 8:29 pm

Linebreaker wrote:Ah, the Tahs lose at the death.

Season was over early on in the season anyway. They were leading the Crusaders 10-22... then lose on the bell. 23-22.

Yahoo

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri May 31, 2013 8:32 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:

Yahoo

Wink Now to knock the Blues off the wildcard spot. I had that feeling a few weeks back. OK

How many years is it now? 10 I think... Sad

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri May 31, 2013 9:06 pm

Linebreaker wrote:
Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:

Yahoo

Wink Now to knock the Blues off the wildcard spot. I had that feeling a few weeks back. OK

How many years is it now? 10 I think... Sad

For the Tahs winning you mean? Not sure. Last time the Crusaders missed the playoffs was 2001 - and that heralded the unbeaten season in 2002. The 'Tahs finished runners up on the points table in '02 despite the 96-19 thrashing in the last round.

17 seasons of Super rugby, and the 'saders have missed the playoffs 3 times - 1996 (stone dead last), 1997 (6th) & 2001 (10th).

Kieran Read missed the 2nd half with a neck injury which is a worry for the 1st test next week, and Dominic Bird apparently didn't look great when he came off.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri May 31, 2013 10:20 pm

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:21 am

I renewed my Dragons season ticket earlier. I've upgraded to the posh seats in the Bisley stand.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:51 am

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:15 am

The real reason Rory Best didn't make the initial touring party;

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/video-rory-best-lions-coach-question-of-sport-931598-May2013/
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:38 pm

Morning All! coffee

HAPPY LIONS DAY! And that goes for you too Breaker! king Enjoy the tour everyone. Hope the Lions get off to a cracking start today. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Ballycastle Bar, Hong Kong. - Page 3 3933776953

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:48 pm

Morning Cari! coffee

Best of luck for the Baa-baas game tonight. Less than an hour to go.

Quade having a shocker in Brisbane. 2 charge-down tries in 5 minutes but he did help set up the play leading to the Reds first try and potted a field-goal. Reds trailing 13-20 (47') The Highlanders upset the Blues 38-28 in Dunedin earlier after leading 29-0 at one stage.

Kurtley Beale had a very good game too this afternoon. Although Syd Uni won 38-25, Randwick came back from 26-6 and KB had 3 touches in one of the tries. The Uni defence was up on him very quickly in the 1st half but he found more space as the game wore on. Cheers from everyone in the small crowd at Uni No.2 Oval - and KB had a wide smile at the end of the match.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:51 pm

Oh no... Scott Higginbotham has just dislocated his shoulder.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:56 pm

Is Beale going to be back for Oz then?

QC is a funny one...he seems to go from one extreme to another. I hope he's playing shockers against the Lions... Whistle

Dislocated shoulder is an awful injury....ask Adam Jones.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:07 pm

Afternoon pub cuppa

Well, here we go! Yahoo

Time to get a brew and get settled on the sofa Very Happy
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:08 pm

We'll know on June 11, Cari. With all these horrible injuries and 'brain explosions' - it's impossible to guess who will be left standing on June 22.

A major blue just now. I thought we held the exclusive rights to brawling with Qld'ers but it seems the Brumbies and now the Rebels want a part of them too! We are a mad, mad lot.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:10 pm

Hey Swanny! Beat you to that I have Smile mug (and biccies!) I'm at my dining table though on the faithful lapdog.

Breaker - be interesting to see what happens...you're a volatile lot aren't you? Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Laugh Not all of us... but some of our sportspeople, yes. Smile

It's the first night of 'winter' here. A little cool and wet.
Might put on a brew myself too now.

Reds 21-20 , 68'. Cooper near the line but the ball slipped out on the line? Ref reckons it's on the line. Try! 26-20 kick to come.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:19 pm

I think Sean Maitland and Conor Murray look alike...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi Cari Smile got a cuppa now, didn't think of biccies though, that was a mistake!

EDIT: Just found some Nature Valley bars!! Very Happy
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:29 pm

Here we go!!!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:31 pm

littleswannygirl wrote:Hi Cari Smile got a cuppa now, didn't think of biccies though, that was a mistake!

EDIT: Just found some Nature Valley bars!! Very Happy

NV bars are good...especially the choc ones!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:20 am

Evening, pub. Tougher challenges lie ahead*, but that was a decent performance from the Lions. Besides the actual rugby, what really pleased me was the the glimpses of unforced togetherness between the players. The one that springs to mind is Alex Cuthbert's little celebration with Conor Murray after Cuthbert's (first or second?) try. Those two wouldn't have known each other except in passing before this squad got together, but there's a fraternity there already. It's great to see and it's only going to strengthen as the tour goes on.

* It only hit home to me mid-morning that the Lions will be playing the Australian Super 15 sides, and they're damn good sides. To get to the first Test undefeated will be an achievement in itself.

And there's some serious dross on this jukebox, but some good stuff too if you look hard enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34P18at0Q7s

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:00 am

Oh, they've got this too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeAtre3Bxg8

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Valiant effort Lucky.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:45 pm

Morning all.

Bubbly for Castres who toppled Toulon 19-14 in the T14 final last night and claim their first 'Brennus' for 20 years.

Very pleased for tthem - cracking club in a lovely town with very hospitable fans.

clap

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:49 pm

Chuffed for Castres.

That got me thinking...https://www.606v2.com/t44753-what-makes-a-tough-group-in-european-rugby

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:43 am

A victory for rugby last night as Castres showed that you don't need legions of world class foreigners to succeed. Very very happy about it.

Some interesting Lions combinations yesterday. Looking forward to watching how the next 3 games unfold.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:59 am

Castres rolled over Toulon?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:52 pm

They did, Glas. Delon Armitage scored a late try and Jonny Wilkinson missed the conversion. I know, I almost fainted too!

cuppa

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next