The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao vs Marquez to be held at catchweight 143-145lbs

+29
Adam D
slash912
Imperial Ghosty
talkingpickle
HumanWindmill
kevchadders
sweet_pea
Lumbering_Jack
oxring
wow_junky
manos de piedra
joeyjojo618
BALTIMORA
Day V Lately
Rowley
coxy0001
Boxtthis
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Valero's Conscience
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Mr Bounce
azania
OasisBFC
TRUSSMAN66
The Galveston Giant
88Chris05
Scottrf
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
D4thincarnation
33 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Pacquiao vs Marquez to be held at catchweight 143-145lbs - Page 5 Empty Pacquiao vs Marquez to be held at catchweight 143-145lbs

Post by D4thincarnation Mon May 09, 2011 2:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

People were calling for this fight to be held at catchweight and they have been calling for this fight.

But now that it looks like it will happen at the catchweight people were calling for, will the boxing public be happy?

http://www.boxingscene.com/sources-pacquiao-marquez-held-catch-weight--38989

Sources in Mexico are reporting that a third meeting between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez will likely have a catch-weight in place. Three weeks ago Marquez received an offer to face Pacquiao in a fall trilogy meeting. Marquez had a problem with some of the itemized terms that were listed in the offer. Pacquiao's promoter, Top Rank, is going to issue a new offer to Marquez on Monday. The revised offer will include several changes in areas that bothered Marquez. The catch-weight, reportedly, is going to fall between 143-145-pounds. Pacquiao has weighed between 144-145 for his last four welterweight ring appearances. Marquez has weighed between 133.5-134 for his last two lightweight title defenses. The fight could take place on November 5 or 12 in Las Vegas

What do you make of this news.

Should be a great fight.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs Marquez to be held at catchweight 143-145lbs - Page 5 Empty Re: Pacquiao vs Marquez to be held at catchweight 143-145lbs

Post by D4thincarnation Wed May 11, 2011 12:04 am

http://www.boxingscene.com/marquez-ive-accepted-pacquiao-offer-144-pounds--39046

The latest update:

Marquez has accepted the 144lbs catchweight.

Now we just got to wait for the great trilogy to conclude.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs Marquez to be held at catchweight 143-145lbs - Page 5 Empty Re: Pacquiao vs Marquez to be held at catchweight 143-145lbs

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed May 11, 2011 12:47 am

Good news. Looking forward to this think Marquez should be Ok at the weight. I think Poochi will win by a KO in the middle rounds but should be a good fight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed May 11, 2011 1:45 am

Scottrf wrote:You're on fire D4.

If only.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed May 11, 2011 2:17 am

manos de piedra wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:I'm not interested in pinning the blame on a couple of pounds, bit Marquez DID look soft around the love handles when he fought Mayweather. Again, it all comes down to 'if the extra weight doesn't make a difference, why have it?' Pacquiao ran away from a third fight down at lightweight. Same as he ran away from Mosley when he first challenged Pacquiao. Same as the weight stipulation wouldn't have made a difference against Cotto...but it was still used.

Oh, and D4 please stop making things up. If you read what I'd written you might not have been so quick to make yourself look stupid. Again.

It was Marquez choice to weigh in like that. Theres no rule saying he has to come in heavy. He can come in at whatever weight he feels best at. The purpose of the catchweight is to give him this freedom without feeling he could be potentially outsized badly. He knows Pacquiao weighs about 144/145 in the ring anyway and the biggest difference is that Pacquiao doesnt have to dehydrate down and can just come in at his normal in ring weight. Marquez can safely assume Pacquiao will be about 144/145 on the night and can decide himself what weight to come in at. Chances are, he just wont bother with dehydrating down like he does at lightweight and will just come in at his regular rehydrated weight.

Pacquiao obviously feels best around the 144 mark now and doesnt have to drain himself and rehydrate for fights now. Hence he is choosing that weight without taking any risk of draining himself. It gives him an advantage but thats to be expected given the respective status of the fighters.

The bigger issue is that Pacquaio is just way closer to his best than Marquez is. But there isnt exactly a big queue of guys with better credentials or who have earned a shot more than Marquez that can also sell.

Just one question if their ring weights are the same how has Pacquiao gained an advantage?

Because Pacquiao no longer has to dehydrate himself as he would to make 135 or 140 and then rehydrate up again.

Neither will Marquez

Probably not no, but it doesnt take away from the fact that its an advantage for Pacquiao as the established fighter at welter. In my opinion the closer you get to 135, the more of an advantage it is to Marquez.

This is my problem with it. It's quite apparent that Pacquiao & Roach haven't wanted this fight back at 130 or 135, and only want it now because of Pacquiao's perceived advantage at welterweight.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed May 11, 2011 3:10 am

At the end of the day Pacquiao got the decision in the Marquez rematch. I am sure that having got the nod they werent particularly keen to rush into a third installment straight away. Pacquiao ended up going up in weight with Marquez remaining at lightweight.

Given who Pacquiao would go on to face I dont think its fair to say he was avoiding a Marquez fight. The main reason the fight is being revisited now is because there are not that many viable options at the moment. With Pacquiao being the biggest star in the sport he is obviously going to be in a commanding position. Hes earned this position. Hes the guy that got the decision over Marquez, hes the guy who gone up successfully in weight and hes the guy recognised as the best. The honus is all on Marquez if he wants the shot.

Pacquiao feels most comfortable fighting around the 144 mark now and doesnt need to cut weight to make that so hes using his leverage to secure a weight he feels best at. This isnt exactly shocking.

The weight gives Pacquiao an advantage but it shouldnt really be a decisive one. I dont think the size difference is monstrous between them. Pacquiao is not a full welterweight. Its only his ability that allows him to fight there. You could easily argue Pacquiao is just a lightweight who fights at welter. The main difference between Marquez and Pacquiao is that Marquez fights at lightweight and drains down to make the weight mark. Pacquiao just doesnt bother draining himself because he opts to fight at welter. Their fighting weights are not seperated by much and certainly you would think with an 8 week fight camp it would be ample time for Marquez to put on a couple of pounds of added muscle if he feels it neccessary.

It would be be different if Marquez was fighting a monsterous welter like Margarito or Williams who boiled down huge amounts of weight and then hydrated up massively at welter. But this isnt the case with Pacquiao who wont outweight him by more than a couple of pounds come fight night.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed May 11, 2011 9:55 am

Shambles

And to those who think i'm blasting Pacquiao for the sake of it how about you rewind your minds back to when Marquez weighed 142 and looked god awful.

Training your nuts off and weighing 135 on the scales and rehydrating is completely different to weighing 145 and carrying extra muscle like Pacquiao does through camp.

It's 135 vs 145 in terms of optimum weigh-in weight.

Somehow doubt Marquez is going to come in at 135, which means we may as well laugh at this fight due to his shocking performance at the weight against FMJ. It's a lightweight against a guy who's now natural at welterweight.

And isn't it nice to see Manny take on another guy who's what - 38? So we've had:

Marg: Joke of a fight
Mosley: Joke of a fight against an old man
Marquez: Joke of a fight against an old man fighting 2 weight divs above his natural one

D4, you made all sorts of noises about FMJ fighting Marquez. In that fight FMJ weighed 146 and you have ZERO proof what his ring weight (you should maybe read the reports about his walking around weight being 150, based on how light he was for the DLH fight as well) would've been. Manny weighed in at 145 for the Mosley fight. Therefore you should be equally appalled at it's still a now natural WW (if he was a LWW then why has Roach said they won't move back down as it'd drain him?) fighting a natural LW.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed May 11, 2011 9:57 am

coxy0001 wrote:Training your nuts off and weighing 135 on the scales and rehydrating is completely different to weighing 145 and carrying extra muscle like Pacquiao does through camp.

Just looking at this, and ignoring the stuff we wont agree on. Isn't it better that Marquez wont have to train his nuts off and can come in comfortable?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed May 11, 2011 10:00 am

Think we can all agree that the significant difference between manny and Marquez is that manny has stopped boiling down because he is able to compete effectively against welterweights, however there ring weights remain about the same now as when they fought at sfw.

If the catchweight is 144 I wouldn't be surprised to see manny come in at 142 or 143, he's never bang on the limit - always a lb or two under. I'd anticipate maybe a 3lb difference on the scales and about the same in the ring. He didn't look cracking against mayweather but this time he won't need to bulk up as much as he'll know mannys rough ring weight will be under 150, and also the way mayweather fights was always gonna make Marquez look bad. Mayweather didn't impose himself physically so the weight was of little issue - it's mayweathers style and the fact he does everything jmm can do but quicker and slicker that made Marquez look slow and ponderous. Add to that mayweathers big reach advantage and the fact Marquez was having to chase him around, he's was always onto a loser.

If Marquez is to win this fight it won't be on size anyway, but on skill ie his ability to negate mannys strengths and land punches of his own. Granted he's a bit past his peak, but he's still good enough to offer manny a stylistic challenge and with the catchweight he shouldn't be massively outsized. Should be a good fight IMO.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed May 11, 2011 10:07 am

Scottrf wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Training your nuts off and weighing 135 on the scales and rehydrating is completely different to weighing 145 and carrying extra muscle like Pacquiao does through camp.

Just looking at this, and ignoring the stuff we wont agree on. Isn't it better that Marquez wont have to train his nuts off and can come in comfortable?

Scott

I don't see what chance a natural LW has against a big-ish punching WW. Marquez is a little bit brave for his own good.

Can see this being short, brutal and unfortunate for the world of boxing as i've got a bad feeling he'll get hurt.

Would be quite nice if Manny realised he's actually run out of Top Rank opponents around 147 or so and jumped ship to GBP. Open up a few more fights for him as those guys don't mind dealing with the likes of Di Bella etc etc etc

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed May 11, 2011 12:35 pm

If Pacquiao does beat Marquez and KOs him, it will have nothing to do with a size advantage, it will have to do with who is the better boxer.

Marquez and Pacquiao are the same size give or take a couple of lbs.

Marquez has excellent timing, great counter punching and a great variety of shots.

Pacquiao once again will have his work cut out with this fight once again.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 11, 2011 12:38 pm

Nothing to do with JMM being 38 and past it? My problem with Pac is the selected and hand picked opponents designed to make him look good. This fight should have happened at 135lbs and 5 years ago.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed May 11, 2011 12:40 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:If Pacquiao does beat Marquez and KOs him, it will have nothing to do with a size advantage, it will have to do with who is the better boxer and the fact that Marquez is old enough to seem beatable.
Marquez and Pacquiao are the same size give or take a couple of lbs.

Marquez has excellent timing, great counter punching and a great variety of shots.

You missed a bit.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed May 11, 2011 12:45 pm

azania wrote:Nothing to do with JMM being 38 and past it? My problem with Pac is the selected and hand picked opponents designed to make him look good. This fight should have happened at 135lbs and 5 years ago.

It happened 7 years ago at feather and 3 years ago at superfeather. But you think it should have happened five years ago at lightweight.

Think you should stick to the modern nutrition arguments 🤦

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by wow_junky Wed May 11, 2011 12:48 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:Nothing to do with JMM being 38 and past it? My problem with Pac is the selected and hand picked opponents designed to make him look good. This fight should have happened at 135lbs and 5 years ago.

It happened 7 years ago at feather and 3 years ago at superfeather. But you think it should have happened five years ago at lightweight.

laughing

wow_junky

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpickle Wed May 11, 2011 12:51 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

Think alot has changed in those years. Can you honestly say you see anything other than a Manny win and Marquez standing a chance?

Actually dont answer that i know what your answer will be lol.

talkingpickle

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 11, 2011 12:52 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

Good one D4. Got me there. It should have happened immediately after their last fight and at 135 when JMM chased pac there.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed May 11, 2011 12:53 pm

talkingpickle wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Think alot has changed in those years. Can you honestly say you see anything other than a Manny win and Marquez standing a chance?

Actually dont answer that i know what your answer will be lol.

I thought Manny won the first two fights, and Manny power has increased and he is a better boxer now, so obviously I think Pacquiao will win but it will have nothing to do with a lbs or two weight advantage.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed May 11, 2011 12:56 pm

azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Good one D4. Got me there. It should have happened immediately after their last fight and at 135 when JMM chased pac there.

Team Pacquiao even before the 2nd Marquez fight, win/lose/draw were going up two 135lbs and they were targeting a belt holder.

I would say Marquez looked the same or better in his last fight against Kats than when he fought Diaz first time around.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpickle Wed May 11, 2011 12:57 pm

What i mean is do you think that he is good enough of an opponent for Pacquiao? Do you honestly see him being much of a challenge?

talkingpickle

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed May 11, 2011 1:00 pm

If he struggles to beat up a LIGHTWEIGHT i'd be amazed

You can keep trotting out the "they're the same size" line, but fact is they're not.

Roach has said Manny won't go down to 140 because he'd have to drain himself, whereas Marquez has absolutely zero issue in making 135.... Surely that tells you who is naturally the bigger fighter.

Isn't it amusing how it was shocking that WELTERWEIGHT FMJ bought up Marquez yet now WELTERWEIGHT Manny is doing the same thing it's fine and dandy.

End of - Marquez's optimum weigh-in weight having his weight closely inspected throughout camp to get his timing/speed right up is 135lbs, Manny's optimum weigh-in weight having had his weight closely inspected to get his timing/speed right is 145lbs.

That's a 10lbs difference. If people can't understand how little hydration then matters in terms of what does it help other than provide fluids for energy then you lot should probably go ask a nutrionist what i'm on about, because it ain't rocket science.

End of - lightweight vs a welterweight.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed May 11, 2011 1:03 pm

And as an extra point

I could go shove a load of fluids down me tonight to get me through a 70m bike ride tomorrow. Fact is i WONT look any different, i won't suddenly go faster and i CERTAINLY won't be stronger. Only thing it will do is hydrate me to the hilt for what's in store.

And fact is i'd burn off alllllllllll that fluid AS IT'S NOT NATURAL WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do i make myself clear? Or am i going to have to get a professional to explain what i'm on about to you "posters"?

Last edited by HumanWindmill on Wed May 11, 2011 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed May 11, 2011 1:04 pm

145lbs boxer vs 147lbs.

Thats is now a massive difference for some, when 17lbs did not matter.

The phrase "moving goal posts" spring to mind.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpickle Wed May 11, 2011 1:05 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Do i make myself clear? Or am i going to have to get a professional to explain what i'm on about to you "posters"?

Whats a poster? Erm

talkingpickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed May 11, 2011 1:08 pm

coxy0001 wrote:And as an extra point

I could go shove a load of fluids down me tonight to get me through a 70m bike ride tomorrow. Fact is i WONT look any different, i won't suddenly go faster and i CERTAINLY won't be stronger. Only thing it will do is hydrate me to the hilt for what's in store.

And fact is i'd burn off alllllllllll that fluid AS IT'S NOT NATURAL WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you think Marquez has excess fluid but Pacquiao doesn't? Pacquiao isn't going into the ring dehydrated and there is no reason for Marquez to drink excess fluid to artificially raise his in ring weight.

Pacquiao just has this fluid on the first scales, rather than dehydrating to make weight.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed May 11, 2011 1:09 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:145lbs boxer vs 147lbs.

Thats is now a massive difference for some, when 17lbs did not matter.

The phrase "moving goal posts" spring to mind.

Don't you dare accuse me of moving the goal posts when you've had a history of saying one thing then contradicting YOURSELF COMPLETELY.

Fact is this is a WELTERWEIGHT fighting a LIGHTWEIGHT. You trounced one fighter for it now apparently Manny is "again taking on the toughest available" - sorry sunshine, but boxing fans are generally laughing at Manny's legacy and nuthuggers like you.

And i said 17lbs didn't matter because Marg was like a punch bag, and low and behold he battered him around LIKE EVERY PROPER FAN SAID HE WOULD. Size didn't matter because it was blatantly obvious that Manny was leagues above Marg, size DOES MATTER in this case because Manny and Marquez aren't miles apart in terms of skills AT THEIR RESPECTIVE WEIGHTS. Manny IS THE BIGGER FIGHTER hence why this becomes a complete mismatch as Marquez won't be able to cope with the power of a guy that has the skills to land on him when engaging.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed May 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Coxy do you know the difference between rehydrating and just drinking a lot of fluids?

What do you think Pacquiao's and Marquez's weight is a week before the fight?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by wow_junky Wed May 11, 2011 1:13 pm

I think Coxy is going to have a Pac-related heart attack one of these days, probably sooner rather than later.

wow_junky

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed May 11, 2011 1:14 pm

Scottrf wrote:

Why do you think Marquez has excess fluid but Pacquiao doesn't? Pacquiao isn't going into the ring dehydrated and there is no reason for Marquez to drink excess fluid to artificially raise his in ring weight.

Pacquiao just has this fluid on the first scales, rather than dehydrating to make weight.

I think coxy thinks Marquez walks around at 135lb and is fully hydrated but on the day of the fight he feels just for fun to drink two gallons on water or urine in Marquez's case.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed May 11, 2011 1:14 pm

Scottrf wrote:

Scott

Do you read anything i've said? I mean i'm asking you nicely, stop nit picking certain comments and making me repeat myself.

Manny trains: Manny trains hard, Manny takes on fluid, Manny has a big diet... comes out of camp firing at 100% and weighs 145.

Marquez trains: Marquez trains hard, Marquez takes on fluid save for the last few days, Marquez comes out of camp at 100% with his timing/speed/power spot on and weighs 135. Then takes on fluid ABOVE what is NATURAL for his body weight.

Question: Do you think fluids suddenly turn Marquez (A prime, 100% firing on all cylinders 135lb version of Marquez) into a faster, more powerful machine of a fighter not to mention bigger?

Seriously mate, leave me alone unless you learn to read my comments properly as i'm tired of repeating myself to you

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed May 11, 2011 1:16 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

Coxy do you know the difference between rehydrating and just drinking a lot of fluids?

What do you think Pacquiao's and Marquez's weight is a week before the fight?

You've posed a question that will make you look a bit silly. A week before the fight Marquez is probably around 138lb or so, whereas Ariza/Roach have already said Manny is able to eat whatever he wants which means his weight is going to be nearer the 145lbs he weighs.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by wow_junky Wed May 11, 2011 1:17 pm

Coxy

So basically Marquez cuts weight and Pac doesn't?

wow_junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed May 11, 2011 1:17 pm

So you think he walks round at 138, and then has an extra 7lbs of bodyweight in fluid when he fights? Unbelievable.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed May 11, 2011 1:19 pm

I'm also tired of repeating myself.

Play nice, and debate like adults. Just as I said, yesterday, I'd like to be able to read and contribute as a regular poster, now and then, instead of having to continually wipe backsides.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed May 11, 2011 1:19 pm

wow_junky wrote:Coxy

Christ alive

Give me strength

FIGHTER A TRAINS AND MAKES 135 WITH EASE

FIGHTER B TRAINS AND MAKES 145 WITH EASE

WHO IS THE BIGGER FIGHTER?!?!?!?!?!?!?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed May 11, 2011 1:20 pm

As strange as it seems, coxy doesn't think Marquez cuts weights and the fluids he puts on on the day of the fight are not to rehydrate him but to make him giggle a little more.

Strange but true.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by wow_junky Wed May 11, 2011 1:20 pm

When you are the only one on the forum with this opinion maybe it's time to re-consider your stance? Or are you so stubborn you actually want to provide "a professional opinion" to prove this?

wow_junky

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed May 11, 2011 1:21 pm

Scottrf wrote:So you think he walks round at 138, and then has an extra 7lbs of bodyweight in fluid when he fights? Unbelievable.

If Marquez is just drinking his own urine how can he hydrate properly, maybe he brings in outside help Shocked

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed May 11, 2011 1:23 pm

Scottrf wrote:So you think he walks round at 138, and then has an extra 7lbs of bodyweight in fluid when he fights? Unbelievable.

Scott

I'm a bit tired of you mate

When did i say he walks around at 138?

Tell you what - what did Hatton walk around at and what was his natural fighting weight? Why didn't he fight at 147 or even 154?!?!!?

BECAUSE HIS BODY WAS AT ITS OPTIMUM AT 140!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the last thing i'm going to say to you, Marquez optimum weight = 135, Manny's = 145. Don't bother coming back to me unless you've got something constructive to say that doesn't contain statements you assume i'm going to make.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 11, 2011 1:23 pm

wow_junky wrote:
When you are the only one on the forum with this opinion maybe it's time to re-consider your stance? Or are you so stubborn you actually want to provide "a professional opinion" to prove this?

I dont see the problem in having an opinion that goes against the grain. 8)

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by wow_junky Wed May 11, 2011 1:24 pm

coxy0001 wrote:

Christ alive

Give me strength

If they followed the exact same routines and CUTTING WEIGHT METHODS then it would make sense, but Pacquiao DOES NOT CUT weight, therefore the comparison is null and void

wow_junky

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 11, 2011 1:24 pm

Interestingly the ring magazine (online) state that Pac should be able to make 135 and that's where the fight should be held.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 11, 2011 1:25 pm

Coxy, what is important is what they weigh come fight night.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed May 11, 2011 1:25 pm

When Marquez last fought Pacquiao he was 141lbs and Pacquiao 145lbs in the ring.

Now the difference will be less, but some think that is a problem.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by wow_junky Wed May 11, 2011 1:25 pm

azania wrote:
wow_junky wrote:

I dont see the problem in having an opinion that goes against the grain. 8)

I'm all for it if you can back up your opinion with a logical argument.

wow_junky

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed May 11, 2011 1:26 pm

wow_junky wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

Christ alive

Give me strength

If they followed the exact same routines and CUTTING WEIGHT METHODS then it would make sense, but Pacquiao DOES NOT CUT weight, therefore the comparison is null and void

When did i say Marquez cuts weight?!!??

Have you ever trained hard at anything!?1?!?!? Losing weight is a natural by product!!!!!!!!!! Hence why Marquez weighs less than Manny as he's smaller!!!!!!!

ARGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christ, someone lock the thread before i go insane.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed May 11, 2011 1:26 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Scott

coxy0001 wrote:A week before the fight Marquez is probably around 138lb or so
coxy0001 wrote:That's the last thing i'm going to say to you, Marquez optimum weight = 135, Manny's = 145. Don't bother coming back to me unless you've got something constructive to say that doesn't contain statements you assume i'm going to make
If Marquez's optimum weight was 135 why is he 145 in the ring?

That's about the 5th last thing you're going to say by the way.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed May 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Anybody know what drinking a gallon and a half of fluids will do to you if you are already hydrated?

Will this make you a better fighter, hit harder, if not why does Marquez do it?(according to coxy)

Thanks
D4

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed May 11, 2011 1:28 pm

coxy0001 wrote:When did i say Marquez cuts weight?!!??
Doh

Have you read anything on this thread? He's 134 on Friday 145 on Saturday, I think it's safe to say he cuts weight for the Friday weigh in.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed May 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Scottrf wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
Scott

coxy0001 wrote:A week before the fight Marquez is probably around 138lb or so
coxy0001 wrote:That's the last thing i'm going to say to you, Marquez optimum weight = 135, Manny's = 145. Don't bother coming back to me unless you've got something constructive to say that doesn't contain statements you assume i'm going to make
If Marquez's optimum weight was 135 why is he 145 in the ring?

That's about the 5th last thing you're going to say by the way.

Have you ever played sport/!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!!?

I'm at my fighting weight of around 170 (or so), yet before a game of cricket i'll hydrate the night before and the whole morning (about 7L worth at least, sometimes more if it's hot) and i'll be about 5lbs heavier but don't feel - look or perform any different in that i'm suddenly quicker, it's pure hydration to ensure i don't lag physically or mentally.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by wow_junky Wed May 11, 2011 1:30 pm

Scottrf wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:When did i say Marquez cuts weight?!!??
Doh

Have you read anything on this thread? He's 134 on Friday 145 on Saturday, I think it's safe to say he cuts weight for the Friday weigh in.

It's not cutting weight, him and almost every other boxer around likes to ruin their 8 week training camps by going on an eating and rehydrating binge boxing

wow_junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next