The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued

+32
Hulking_up
RonSwanson
TopHat24/7
LastDamnation
westisbest
VDT
hampo17
JDizzle
JamesLincs
Soldier_Of_Fortune
compelling and rich
Liam
James_182
Mat
Gregers
Dr Gregory House MD
Hero
ncfc_Tooze
Fernando
MIG
Kay Fabe
Holymiky
Nakatomi Plaza
monty junior
Ent
The Special Juan
Dolphin Ziggler
Bull
NickisBHAFC
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Kenny
36 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 3 Empty 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued

Post by Kenny Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread
2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 3 Empty by Dr Gregory House MD on Mon May 27, 2013 1:46 am
Now that the season has drawn to a close, I thought I'd put up a thread to discuss possible transfer business.

Rumours, Predictions, Hopes and Actualities all welcome here
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued

Post by Holymiky Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:13 pm

"Wigan Athletic have completed the signing of Newcastle United defender James Perch, 27, on a four-year deal.

"It feels great to be here with a new challenge ahead of me, and I'm very excited at getting that started," he said. (external)"

"BBC Sport understands that Liverpool have accepted a bid of 6m from Swansea for England international Jonjo Shelvey.
The player is understood to be in Swansea today to discuss personal terms as the Welsh club look to finalise the deal."

Source: BBC Sport.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued

Post by Bull Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:15 pm

Agree MIG tbh Kagawa deserves to play in his right position would link up well with RVP and possibly Chica

I like Joey Barton as a footballer lol but as a person not so much though his tweets are great lol

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:18 pm

Joe Kinnear is a berk. Why would you sell someone as useful as Perch, on cheap wages, for £700k picard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Barton demands whopping £3m pay-off from QPR to terminate £70000-a-week contract......is that what your talking about?

Shame about Perchinio, he was a decent player for us and could cover various positions. £700K or whatever the fee was is pretty cheap really. Definitely players that should have left before him. Looks like Darren Bent is on his way to the toon. This could be one hell of a signing or it could be a real shocker. If we can produce the service, I think this could be a steal. Hopefully his hunger for the game is there after not playing at Villa and he fire us back up the table and himself back into the England squad.

Is Baines meeting with Martinez today? Should give us an answer on his future and if things don't go well then a transfer request being filled out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Teams spending money: Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, Swansea, Norwich, West Ham, Cardiff, Palace, Hull, Fulham, Newcastle, Southampton, Stoke, Sunderland, Villa.

Teams not spending money: West Brom.

Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:17 pm

Still loads of time yet azzy would be very suprised if wba don't spend in the next couple of weeks

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Not likely. Our Chairman came out this week and said that we're a mid-table Championship club that's massively over-achieving. Hardly the words you want to hear as a prospective signing. Add to that all the players we've declared an interest in have signed or are signing elsewhere, and it's a long old summer.

I really hate our Chairman. He's got no interest in football, he's just running a business. I wish he'd sell up to someone who actually wants the team to be successful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:49 pm

Who is your chairman?

Hardly ever hear from ours, although he seems to be in control and willing to let us splash the cash. And then of course there is DELIA!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:53 pm

Jeremy 'I hate the fans' Peace. Loves himself, loves money, hates taking a risk of any sort. Hates players, hates agents, hates fans. I can't stand him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:16 pm

"Newcastle United have been given the green light to make a bid for Darren Bent after Aston Villa ostracised the striker, reports the Newcastle Chronicle. (external)

It is reported Villa boss Paul Lambert has told the 29-year-old that he not only won't take any part in the squad's pre-season preparations, either friendly matches or travelling to a training camp in Germany, he won't even be allowed to train with the first-team at all.

This move is expected to quicken Bent's exit from the Midlands with St James' Park his preferred destination - despite his links to Sunderland."

Source: BBC Sport.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:19 pm

What do you think he's done so wrong to be treated like that?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:20 pm

He's paid too much, Villa want to drive him out. That, and he's been very poor for Villa in general.

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:23 pm

I get that, but it seems very harsh. Wonder if he still has enough in him to be a Premier League level striker, he does tend to blow hot and cold but on his day he is pretty good.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Tbf to Villa, from what I've heard, Bent's not exactly been trying very hard in training. He's been turning up and going through the motions, seemingly waiting for Villa to cave. They haven't, and I'm sure there's some disciplinary reason they have made him train with the kids. They can't do that without reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:38 pm

I have heard that about him, he transfers to a club is the muts nuts and tries really hard. The minute everything goes wrong he gets in a strop and tries to wangle another transfer.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:39 pm

He doesn't fit Lambert's type of striker or player. He's a bit of a luxury player, doesn't really run the channels or hold it up well.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:45 pm

He was hardly poor for Villa and still has scored a load of goals over the past five years in the EPL which ranks along the best. Yeah, I think it was two factors for his demise. Firstly, I think Lerner did not want to pay the add on fees to Sunderland and secondly he is not a Lambert style of player. Lambert wanted a technically gifted big man up top on his own with great movement and Bent is the complete opposite. As a Newcastle fan, I'd definitely take him for £6m and put pressure on Cisse. We're not going to get Aubamayang or anyone else because of the inflated fees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:49 pm

First season = 9 in 16 games
Second season = 10 in 25 games
Third season = 6 in 23 games

Started out well, did okay, then had a mare. He has been a quality striker in the past, but his scoring record is beginning to fail him, and he's 30 in February next year. Considering he's already lost his zip from his Sunderland days, I'd be surprised to see him score 20 goals in a season again.

But for £6m-£8m he's definitely worth one last punt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:51 pm

If Bent doesnt run the channels then I dont know what channel running is! I like Darren Bent, his goal record is pretty darn good. 

For what its worth, Moyes could well play without wingers so a three of Rooney, Kagawa and Thiago behind RVP would make sense. Could see him loving the thought of using Thiago or Kagawa like he did Pienaar and getting Baines to do the wide work

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:11 pm

Wigan signing James Perch is a great signing for a Championship team. 

Swansea set to sign Jonjo Shelvey. Hopefully they can get the best out of him and we can see the class player we saw when he was at Charlton. There is 100% potential there. 

Leeds have signed Noel Hunt. No real surprise to see McDermot bring some of his old boys back who know the division. Leeds will be the team to look out for next season.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Doncaster have signed Harry Forrester from Brentford. He played a key role in Brentford's season which ended in the play off final at Wembley. Good signing for Donny.

Gillingham have signed the beast Adebayo Akinfenwa from Northampton. Scored plenty of goals last season for Northampton, that got them to the play off final. I still don't think he is good enough for league one though IMO.

Scunthorpe are set to sign Matt Sparrow again. Sparrow is a great player and is 100% good enough for league one, he will tear league 2 up!

There's todays football league signings 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 3 3559488474

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:44 pm

6 million for Shelvey? I've seen this guy live a few times and he is the most technically inefficient dumpling I have seen since Kirk Broadfoot. Liverpool doing well out of that one.

Aubameyang all but signed for Dortmund for 12 million.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Aubemayang + £26m = Gotze

Good deal for Borussia that.

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:56 pm

I think it's more of a backup/replacement for Lewandowski. They will replace Gotze with either Mkitharyan or Eriksen.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:58 pm

Until then though, Auba would be fine at AM or LW. His pace would cause major problems, especially against Bayern's back four.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:35 pm

monty junior wrote:6 million for Shelvey? I've seen this guy live a few times and he is the most technically inefficient dumpling I have seen since Kirk Broadfoot. Liverpool doing well out of that one.

Aubameyang all but signed for Dortmund for 12 million.

Is officially my favourite post on here ever

I'm wondering how much I'm worth if he is worth 6 million, great bit of business by Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:40 pm

I think the key to Shelvey is that he's a pest. Whenever I've seen him play he makes a nuisance of himself, and in a fast-tempo side like Liverpool, his lack of technical ability can be overlooked.

He'll do well at Swansea, especially if he has the likes of Bony and Gomis to pass to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:20 pm

He's not typical Liverpool class but I think he's a far better technical footballer than Henderson, and I think he'll get a real education at Swansea, with less pressure. Learn the deeper role and the ropes from Michu further forward.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:09 pm

Palace (scum) have signed Dwight Gayle from Peterborough. Great signing for them lot, however i feel anymore than 4 million and they have been ripped off.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:12 pm

Was 4.5m according to SSN, Joel Campbell may be heading there on Loan from Arsenal aswell now he has a work permit

Also in other news Yahoo 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:27 pm

Manchester City to meet Negredos 20m euro buyout clause
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:33 pm

That's a very good signing for City finishes well expect he's more the Dzeko replacement then Tevez

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:34 pm

I'd say hes firmly their 4/5th choice striker. Good player, but nothing special.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:35 pm

GSC wrote:Manchester City to meet Negredos 20m euro buyout clause

picard 

Good player but no improvement on Dzeko in my opinion. Don't see the point in this move. Need a centre back.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Huddersfield have signed Norwich striker James Vaughan. Good signing for Huddersfield he looked decent for them last season and scored a fair ammount of goals.

Surprised Norwich aren't keeping him tbh, he is better than this new guy Wolf and Grant Holt.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Vaughan better than Wolfswinkel????? laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:38 pm

No his not Nick Wolfswinkel is better than Vaughan

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:38 pm

I like Negredo and think he'll do a good job at City (unfortunately) but I suspect the real reason they've signed him of all players is to link up with their other signing from Sevilla.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:39 pm

Nicks slightly obsessed with posting things for any kind of attention.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:40 pm

2 bites Smile 

All joking a side, i do think Vaughan is good enough for Prem, maybe with a side like Palace or Hull though.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:43 pm

he isnt good enough for the prem nick, hes injured far too much and would never be able to prove himself

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:44 pm

You never know with Pellegrini he doesn't play favorites and had always been a fan of Negredo tried to get him for Malaga before it went jubblies up

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:44 pm

I didn't know he had a bad injury record fair enough. He should do well at Huddersfield next season none the less.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:09 pm

I believe Vaughan has scored a grand total of 22 goals in 2 full seasons in the Champ with Palace and Huddersfield now.

Barely good enough for the Championship let alone the Prem. That's when he is actually fit.

By far the worst signing Paul Lambert ever made for this club. Glad he's gone
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:12 pm

Gotta admire rumor makers Laugh 

betting been suspended on Suarez to Arsenal Laugh  That's epic optimism consider he wants out of england

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Every year betting on Tevez to join West Ham has been suspended. Betting markets for transfers now a grand total of fraknuts. It takes a bet of about £100 to drop a price dramatically

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Swear filter doesnt work on the editing box apparently)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Betting suspended for Benteke to Tottenham 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 3 3933776953 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 3 3933776953 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 3 3933776953 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 3 3933776953 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 3 3933776953

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Aye it's odd though they been no rumors about it at all and must of been a Frak load of bets as he's gone from 40/1 to suspended Erm  Crazy twitter people must have started that off.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Yeah i don't understand idiots who start of twitter rumors about transfers tbh.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:43 pm

It started in Barcelona apparently which is extremely odd Erm 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next