The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued

+32
Hulking_up
RonSwanson
TopHat24/7
LastDamnation
westisbest
VDT
hampo17
JDizzle
JamesLincs
Soldier_Of_Fortune
compelling and rich
Liam
James_182
Mat
Gregers
Dr Gregory House MD
Hero
ncfc_Tooze
Fernando
MIG
Kay Fabe
Holymiky
Nakatomi Plaza
monty junior
Ent
The Special Juan
Dolphin Ziggler
Bull
NickisBHAFC
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Kenny
36 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 11 Empty 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued

Post by Kenny Mon 01 Jul 2013, 4:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread
2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 11 Empty by Dr Gregory House MD on Mon May 27, 2013 1:46 am
Now that the season has drawn to a close, I thought I'd put up a thread to discuss possible transfer business.

Rumours, Predictions, Hopes and Actualities all welcome here
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 11 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued

Post by MIG Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:28 pm

Howard

Jagielka  Alcaraz  Distin
Coleman .....................Baines
Gibson  Fellaini
Mirallas .......................Pienaar
Jelavic

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 11 Empty Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:28 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Chris I'll take you on on those points:

Handball = unsporting = agreed. But hardly unprofessional. And by the rules of the game, as much of a 'cheat' as fouling someone in the box. And at the time, Suarez hadn't yet done the racism or second biting incident.

FA rules = in years gone by they've banned Cantona for a year, Rio for however many months. So many terrible tackles go unpunished - Callum McManaman's 'tackle' on Haidara was 1,000,000 times worse than Suarez's bite, but it's Suarez we vilify. The ban in Holland for biting has nothing to do with his ban here, yet it's clear the 10 games took it into account, when it shouldn't.

Evra didnt go to court because no one in the "public" made a complaint - if he felt so hard done by, he could have brought a case against Suarez himself.

Biting someone is definitely a criminal offence - not on a sporting pitch it's not.

Shawcross - I personally disagree, I've seen the tackle a lot, and I think I see intent there. It's 51-49.

But Keane's on Haaland was intent, Taylor on Eduardo looked pretty intentional, Bowyer on Gerardo, Thatcher on Mendes, De Jong on Alonso. Regardless of intent, an unintended horror tackle that has the capacity to severely injure another player is far worse than intentional bite. The FA had the chance to send a message about these kinds of tackles, and bungled it with McManaman. So they deserve to be questioned.

Personally, I'd have banned Suarez, Bale and Hazard for diving at least twice each this season. That's something the FA needs to get to grips with asap.

Christ Azzy, your logic is baffling.

Evra - Footballers generally dont, how many footballers do you see press criminal charges. Bloody hard to prove too. Neither is him not doing so a justifiable argument to defend Suarez. I'm sure I could call people on here a list of names, racist insults etc, if they dont report me further than this forum that doesnt defend my behaviour. 

Judging Suarez's ban on those old bans holds up less due to the fact they have come out since even the Terry incident to say they are restructuring their disciplinary system with harsher punishments. Dont criticise a new system on the old mistakes, doesnt make any sense to criticise the FA being harsh now then they were not harsh enough before, they have clearly changed for what you want and you are ignoring that. I think 10 games was a little harsh but i think theres 3 extra games on there to send a message and because it was the end of the season and the games were of little significance to Liverpool and they wanted the punishment to really send him a message. 

Intent is worse than an unintentional injury. Attempted murder and manslaughter come to mind. I dont think Taylor was on purpose either, a defender goes in for a 50-50 but isnt as fast as the attacker, gets it wrong and this sport is played at such pace that stuff can happen. I mean, you admit to kicking someone in the head and he was fine, theres a weird luck in how many injuries work out. There's something to be said for defenders who see a 50-50 and want to go in hard to be a physically imposing player, but theres no intent in that to really harm, considering the amount of mistimed tackles you will see in every game then its no surprise that the odd big one will go wrong too. 

I think the FA is right to take the bite in Holland into account. Why not? We're not living in a criminal society where laws are varied across countries. Its football, he has history of doing these things. And it isnt a court of law, theres no similar levels. 

The handball thing got forgotten really until he kept being a Tinkywinky. Do it once and its understandable, constantly do it and the validity of it being "in the moment" can be questioned. Not to forget that constant unsporting behaviour should be remembered. And acceptable things with context too. Theres a code of honour in sport. The handball on the line doesnt bother me but i wont congratulate him on it. 

Rio gets constant stick, but nothing he has done was racist. Cantona got stick, these things wear off, but his reasons did resonate with people a bit more than "he annoyed me so I bit him". And he got a hell of a ban too. Plus he stuck around to come back, reverse his actions by being a man about it. Suarez wont accept responsibility.

Not to mention he should be vilified for being racist.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:29 pm

Howard

Gibson  Fellaini
Jelavic

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:32 pm

MIG wrote:
Howard

Gibson  Fellaini
Jelavic

No Osman?

Heart and soul of your team I reckon

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:34 pm

gazzyD wrote:
MIG wrote:
Howard

Gibson  Fellaini
Jelavic

No Osman?

Heart and soul of your team I reckon

He is a cracking little player but can be found out quite often through being light weight and he is getting on a bit now. Would have him on the bench for sure.
Having said that, I wouldn't be playing 5 at the back if it was me so Osman would be in the team, I am just guessing what Martinez's side could look like.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:38 pm

Id worry about that centre midfield being overrun easily, but then when Martinez got things right at Wigan sometimes he was playing a 6 man midfield and it was unstoppable one game against us cos they moved so fluidly

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:41 pm

I wouldn't be too worried about Gibson and Fellaini being overrun. I think the only concern I have with that side (apart from 5 at the back) is the form of Jelavic.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:46 pm

What about if Kone is signed, do you think that he will get first team football over Jelavic?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:48 pm

Based on current form, yes. I would like to think Jelavic can get back to form though and if so would be chosen ahead of Kone on ability.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:49 pm

Form is temporary, he's already proven he can play in this league has Jelavic. I don't think you can show a first XI for Everton because the futures of Fellaini & Baines are not anywhere near certain. I think Baines out of the two is more likely to leave. Not sure why he has not gone for McCarthy out of his old team, as he would be ideal in that central area in my opinion and has the potential to play in a top 6 team and is still young with resale value, something the other don't have really.

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:52 pm

I would be very happy with McCarthy coming in and Fellaini going out. I cannot at this moment accept Baines leaving!
Jelavic certainly proved his class in his first half season with us. I do worry about his form though as he didn't really pick it up again in an entire season last time out. Will be very interesting to see how he does this year.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:59 pm

Another guy on here was saying how Jelavic excelled in his first season because he was playing with Cahill, this season he's had to adapt to doing the hard work himself and he's looked less of a player because of it. One thing Kone does have in his favour is that he works hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:01 pm

I think Jelavic was forced to work more and in the wrong places on the pitch i.e. out wide. Not sure that losing Cahill was the result of this or not or whether it was Moyes' tactics. Jelavic is a goal poacher and needs to be in the box 99% of the time if he can.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:03 pm

I worry for Everton next season, i can see them getting stuck into a relegation battle! I think they really need a 20 goal a season Striker and if Baines & Fellaini leave they will need quality replacements!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:05 pm

VDT wrote:I worry for Everton next season, i can see them getting stuck into a relegation battle! I think they really need a 20 goal a season Striker and if Baines & Fellaini leave they will need quality replacements!

I would be worried if Baines and Fellaini leave and we don't buy adequate replacements but I think being in a relegation battle is a bit of a stretch considering we finished 6th last season.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:08 pm

Norwich will finish above Everton next season.

I'll be having a fiver on it with my mate
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:10 pm

Yeah I have to agree think relagation scrap is probably an overeaxageration and that would be if they lost both players and never replaced them.

Whatever happened to Fellaini to Arsenal? Rumours were so strong before the wiondow opened up but it all seems to have died down. And if Baines left would you bring anybody in or start playing Oviedo? (spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:10 pm

Olly wrote:Norwich will finish above Everton next season.

I think Norwich finished well last season and have done some good work in the transfer market, I think they'll do well this season.
But I would happily have that bet with you and make it a lot more than a fiver.
I can't believe people still underestimate Everton even after consistently finishing in the top 8 for years now.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

Looking forward to seeing Ricky in the Prem, think he could be quite an exciting signing if he hits the ground running

o you think you'll bring in another striker with Holt leaving?

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

gazzyD wrote:Yeah I have to agree think relagation scrap is probably an overeaxageration and that would be if they lost both players and never replaced them.

Whatever happened to Fellaini to Arsenal? Rumours were so strong before the wiondow opened up but it all seems to have died down. And if Baines left would you bring anybody in or start playing Oviedo? (spelling)

Oviedo looks a good little player so far so perhaps he could replace Baines and we could use the money for other positions. Not 100% sure about Oviedo yet as he's only really played a bit part so I'm not convinced.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:14 pm

MIG wrote:
VDT wrote:I worry for Everton next season, i can see them getting stuck into a relegation battle! I think they really need a 20 goal a season Striker and if Baines & Fellaini leave they will need quality replacements!

I would be worried if Baines and Fellaini leave and we don't buy adequate replacements but I think being in a relegation battle is a bit of a stretch considering we finished 6th last season.

I hope your right, i think a top 10 finish and a good cup run will be seen a success in Martinez first season!

I worry about Everton defensively with Martinez in charge and they haven't been a free scoring side so i can see alot of drawn games under Martinez that would have been wins under Moyes!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:23 pm

Best bit about these transfer window threads is the complete lack of United fans 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 11 3559488474

Baines could look even better under Martinez, he'd have complete license to get forward. My worry would be who comes in when Gibson picks up his inevitable medium-term injury, leaving you short there. I'm guessing Osman could play there, but does he have the legs to play 12 games on the spin in the middle?

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:26 pm

gazzyD wrote:

Looking forward to seeing Ricky in the Prem, think he could be quite an exciting signing if he hits the ground running

o you think you'll bring in another striker with Holt leaving?

I would say almost definately Gazzy. We now only have THE WOLF and Becchio so we're a bit light up front now Holt has left 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 11 3559488474

I ain't made of money MIG Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:26 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Best bit about these transfer window threads is the complete lack of United fans 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 11 3559488474

Baines could look even better under Martinez, he'd have complete license to get forward. My worry would be who comes in when Gibson picks up his inevitable medium-term injury, leaving you short there. I'm guessing Osman could play there, but does he have the legs to play 12 games on the spin in the middle?

I'll leave Sorry 

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:27 pm

Ill put a tenner on it with you Olly that I think Everton will finish above Norwich (I will send the money through PayPal) and its not any disrespect to Norwich I just think Everton will finish above that's all.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by James_182 Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:41 pm

Looks like Radja Nainggolan is joining Inter. Great battling CM, good signing for the Nerazzurri.

James_182

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:42 pm

Olly, if Everton finish below Norwich I will buy a Nodge shirt with Turner on the back.

If Norwich dont finish above Everton I fully expect you to then buy a Brighton shirt with "Davie" on the back.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by James_182 Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:43 pm

Also looks like Southampton target Leandro Damiao will join Napoli.

Means we won't now have to read about him moving to Spurs every window!!

James_182

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:46 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Olly, if Everton finish below Norwich I will buy a Nodge shirt with Turner on the back.

If Norwich dont finish above Everton I fully expect you to then buy a Brighton shirt with "Davie" on the back.
 Bit of a pointless bet, as Olly wearing a Brighton shirt with Davie on the back is hardly funny since we don't know each other Rolling Eyes 

I do think Norwich will do well next season, but i can't see them finishing above Everton tbh.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:56 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Olly, if Everton finish below Norwich I will buy a Nodge shirt with Turner on the back.

Bit of a pointless bet, as Olly wearing a Brighton shirt with Davie on the back is hardly funny since we don't know each other Rolling Eyes 

I do think Norwich will do well next season, but i can't see them finishing above Everton tbh.

Its not that you plum, christ boy, its for his sake not yours!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:57 pm

Im not a plum Sad I swear we used to be friends Sad What have i possibly done to upset you?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:03 pm

If you dont want to be called a plum stop acting like such a fruit. 

Damiao is finally not joining Spurs?! God, that transfer has been one of the most annoying rumours for a long time!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:06 pm

Oh no, now we'll have the 'Damiao scored 20 goals in Serie A and now Spurs want him to replace Defoe and Adebayor' story in January 2014, May 2014, August 2014, January 2015...

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:10 pm

"Everton confirm signing of striker Arouna Kone from Wigan on three-year deal for undisclosed fee."

Also Eric Abidal has signed a 1 year contract for Monaco.

Source: BBC Sport.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:15 pm

Good for Abidal.

Also, here's a nice picture of Kone

2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 11 Efc__1373287109_ak2

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:16 pm

So, Everton get a good striker, and Monaco no longer need Evra, so no Baines to United. What a good afternoon for Toffees around the world 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread ......Continued  - Page 11 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:18 pm

That is a horrible shirt Everton have, just for that reason Baines should leave. Just because Abidal joins Monaco does not mean Evra wont go elsewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:21 pm

Yeah Abidal isn't really reliable after his illness.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:22 pm

I'm pretty happy with that signing. Not a lot of money for someone who looked good in the Prem last year.
Agreed, that shirt is f ing awful

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:24 pm

I wanted to ask you guys what your opinions are on our (Chelsea's) 2 new signings, Andre Shurrle and Van Ginkel?

Last edited by Holymiky on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:24 pm

They could have got him one that fits. On awful shirts, have Spurs confirmed their away kit yet? The leaked one with HP in big letters was god awful. 

I like Kone, thought he was too good for Wigan when he signed for them and he proved to be very good, one of the better strikers theyve had.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:26 pm

Spurs will be revealing their kit today I believe.
That kit is hideous enough without our vile new badge on it as well.
Still, I am pleased with an early signing for good value imo so...

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:27 pm

Van Ginkel's potential is exciting. Schurrle I dont know yet, good player but is he good enough to be the main striker? Not sure its really considered his role, and is he good enough to play in front of Oscar, Mata or Hazard? Wouldnt say hes a bad signing, good player n all, but just seems odd to have bought that kind of player over some of the other spots that need strengthening

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:29 pm

I was a little confused over Chelsea's signings, they seem to have an awful lot of midfielders, attacking ones especially.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:32 pm

Yeah, don't understand the Schurlle signing at all. Does he get in front of Hazard, Mata or Oscar....no. Good squad player but nothing extraordinary and certainly not a prolific goalscorer from his record. I think Van Ginkel is supposed to be the long term replacement for Lampard or so I hear. Young player of the year in Holland suggests he has a bag of potential. I still think De Rossi is Mourinho's ideal signing, especially if Mikel is leaving for Turkey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:42 pm

"Bayern Munich's Mario Gomez is set to join AC Fiorentina after a deal was agreed for the striker."

Source: BBC Sport.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:49 pm

Why is Gomez all of a sudden not good enough for Bayern? 221 goals in 373 matches in his career, he is a goal machine. Wonder how much the transfer fee is?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:55 pm

i expect 20m ish

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:56 pm

Surely Gomez could have gone to a bigger club?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:59 pm

Gomez to Fiorentina???

Ok im confused.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next