The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray

+52
HM Murdock
Poorfour
monty junior
RinoGattuso
Colan (niner)
Calder106
erictheblueuk
carrieg4
sportslover
bsando
subhranshu.kumar.5
ONETWOFOREVER
Haddie-nuff
GLove39
The Facts
slashermcguirk
ryan86
ShahenshahG
LuvSports!
Cogen
whocares
Josiah Maiestas
Trebs
kingraf
summerblues
ChequeredJersey
Silver
Chydremion
Jahu
JuliusHMarx
JubbaIsle
laverfan
Steffan
Tropicalfruiter
Born Slippy
Fernando
Andy11
NickisBHAFC
Dave.
barrystar
Danny_1982
lydian
banbrotam
Bull
time please
invisiblecoolers
bogbrush
mthierry
socal1976
Good Golly I'm Olly
hawkeye
CaledonianCraig
56 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray - Page 3 Empty Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 06 Jul 2013, 10:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Tomorrow will see the meeting of the World No.1 and World No.2 in the final. I really am in two minds about how it will pan out so I will try to look at the various ways it could go.

I will fancy Andy's chances strongly if his serve operates as well as it did against Janowicz but we know Djoko is a far superior returner. The rule of thumb between the pair is that the better server gets the result but we shall see if this is the case tomorrow.

Aggression is also key and Andy must be prepared to get his attacks in first and put Djokovic under pressure. If Andy lapses into bouts of passiveness as he can then he is asking for trouble and will hand the initiative to Novak and quite probably lose the match.

In my opinion and stats suggest as well that Andy is the better/more natural grass court player so that gives him an edge. On the other hand thus far at this Wimbledon I would say Novak has been more consistent so that works in his favour. That is why this is so tight to call in my opinion.

I am hoping that last year's pain Andy had to suffer in defeat will inspire him to do what it takes to avoid more heartbreak and push him over the winning line tomorrow. This could go either way and I just hope for the neutral that it is a classic match and no doubt the best player will win on the day. Enjoy the final.

Craig
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray - Page 3 Empty Re: Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:51 pm

The net is clearly British!

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray - Page 3 Empty Re: Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray

Post by LuvSports! Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:53 pm

I am Spartacus!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:53 pm

Murray really needs to be more aggressive here
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:54 pm

Go Djoko go go Djoko gogo.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:54 pm

I'm sorry but I'm going out. This is utterly boring to the uncommitted viewer.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:56 pm

Can someone answer this question for me?

Did under Lendl Murray become a player with much more of a champions mentality and won the US Open because of that. Or is he still the same choker he was back in 08-11 and only won the US Open because of luck/wind, and still loses/will lose every slam final without wind?

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:58 pm

Not a time violation in sight!

Im firmly supporting the umpire...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:58 pm

We'll see won't we?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:58 pm

Chydremion wrote:Can someone answer this question for me?

Did under Lendl Murray become a player with much more of a champions mentality and won the US Open because of that. Or is he still the same choker he was back in 08-11 and only won the US Open because of luck/wind, and still loses/will lose every slam final without wind?

Choke from Chokovic at BP down Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:59 pm

It's a good job I have grass that needs cutting. Two cart horses pushing is not for me
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:00 pm

Would love to know why Novak persists with going to the net despite his awful netplay
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:01 pm

Why can't Djoko keep his footing on grass, really its ridicoulous>

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:02 pm

When was the last time a pusehr won Wimbledon?

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:02 pm

Put some plimsolls on Novak

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:03 pm

That was 41 seconds
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:08 pm

I guess time violations really are punishments handed out in view of reputation
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cogen Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:10 pm

I guess since this is not an ATP event, the umpires don't have to do what the ATP says. Wink 

Cogen

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:12 pm

Fair play to them both, must be sweating buckets out there
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:13 pm

bogbrush wrote:It'll be long. Very long. Even if it's in straight sets.
How true Crying or Very sad

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Cogen Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:15 pm

Murray second in the tournament on aces, now on 88. Only behind Janowicz on 103. Djokovic third with 78.

Cogen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:16 pm

Same scoreline so far as last year!

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:20 pm

Murrays won this with ease.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:21 pm

Damn Djokovic has become such a choker nowadays. Little mental strength and clutch, compared to 2011.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:21 pm

I can hear castle getting louder and louder. Only means one thing......

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:21 pm

Never seen Djokovic so angry, at least not for ages! This set is Murray's
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:22 pm

Told you guys Murray is a way better grass court player than Novak is and it would be a shame if Murray losses from this position.

The only player who can beat Murray currently in grass is himself. thumbsup 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan86 Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:22 pm

I know the shot Djokovic wanted to challenge was actually in and he would been wrong anyway, but could a player (Murray in this instance) challenge a call that they believe was incorrect even if it would result in them losing the point?

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:24 pm

Just like the first set, a very good game to serve out the set.

So far at least, and perhaps somewhat surprisingly, Andy has been more composed on the big points.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:25 pm

Pretty much all over. Novak is not a no. 1 on grass. Anti climax final really, Murray too good

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:26 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:The only player who can beat Murray currently in grass is himself. thumbsup 
Indeed, so far it looks like that was a pretty good call with Andy and Wimbledon that you had made. thumbsup

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:26 pm

Murray's been good, but Novak has been pants so far.

Needs something special now
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:27 pm

summerblues wrote:
invisiblecoolers wrote:The only player who can beat Murray currently in grass is himself. thumbsup 
Indeed, so far it looks like that was a pretty good call with Andy and Wimbledon that you had made. thumbsup

Hug 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:28 pm

Murray sucks!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:29 pm

Yeah good call, Murray is outplaying him in every aspect. Though the players are too similar in style for me to truly enjoy a lot of the rallies, opposites facing tends to be more interesting IMO but congratulations Murray for getting one hand around that trophy so far
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:30 pm

Not long now till Nole starts resembling someone shot down from the sky. What odds can I get on him clutching his shoulder?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by slashermcguirk Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:30 pm

Worst Novak serving I have ever seen, why is his serve so much slower than normal?!! Very poor performance, should never lose a 4-1 lead!

slashermcguirk

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:30 pm

Bull wrote:Murray sucks!
Lucky for him that all the other guys may suck even worse Wink

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:32 pm

Djoko is a Joke. Go Murray Goooooooo
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:33 pm

That's not fair kingraf
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:34 pm

This match should of been Murray-Delpo anyway.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:34 pm

If someone insinuated that about Rafa you'd be rightly indignant
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:35 pm

Djokovic is now a long long way from winning this...

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:35 pm

Has rafa got a record of doing it - for that matter has Djoko?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:35 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:That's not fair kingraf
I actually think it is reasonably fair.  Did he not take an MTO last year in the USO final in the fifth, just as Andy was going to serve for the title?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:36 pm

Can't stand murray. Disappointing final, poor tournament in my opinion. Djokovic has done a lisicki. His serve today woeful

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:36 pm

Djokovic has been awful today.

Fair play to Murray. Will be a great victory for him
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:37 pm

Ye Murray returns Djokos serve with ease.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:38 pm

So if Murray wins today he'll finally drop the choker-tag. No more wind-slam wonder Smile

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:39 pm

John wrote:Can't stand murray. Disappointing final, poor tournament in my opinion. Djokovic has done a lisicki. His serve today woeful

Fine you can't stand him - I can livew with that but at least have the decency to salute the champion elect eh?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 4:40 pm

I said Murray has been too good in my previous post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next